Start by marking “Winds of Salem (The Beauchamp Family, #3)” as Want to Read:
Winds of Salem (The Beauchamp Family, #3)

Winds of Salem (The Beauchamp Family #3)

3.58 of 5 stars 3.58  ·  rating details  ·  2,702 ratings  ·  260 reviews
Freya Beauchamp is trapped in 1692, in Salem of all places, with no recollection of her past. A powerful enemy spell has sent her spiraling away so that she is separated by centuries from her mother, Joanna, and sister, Ingrid. This is not good news for a twenty-first-century witch. Not to mention the immediate threat she faces from the wealthy and influential Putnam famil ...more
Published August 13th 2013 by Hyperion

Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareRequiem by Lauren OliverLover at Last by J.R. WardThe Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
Can't Wait Books of 2013
386th out of 2,468 books — 12,478 voters
Grave Visions by Kalayna PriceSever by Lauren DeStefanoThe Iron Queen by Julie KagawaAnother Day by David LevithanMortal Gods by Kendare Blake
Kéž by tahle pokračování vyšla v ČR
49th out of 98 books — 184 voters

More lists with this book...

Khanh (Clowns, Nightmares, and Bunnies)
I have certain expectations for my mythological gods. I expect them to be larger than life, I expect them to be have complex characters; I expect them to behave with the grand wisdom acquired over the eons over which they have lived.

I do not expect this: "[Freddie] had made a mental note, of course, to do some laundry and throw some in there, but it had slipped his mind when he put on Warhammer and just had to get to the next level."

In the context of this scene, he's left his apartment a mess, s
Howdy YAL
To see full review click here.

It's finally happened.

I'm giving a Melissa de la Cruz book a Good Reads one star and on my own rating system a three maybe even a two if we're going to be honest.

It's just that bad.

I want to tell you guys a story. Imagine you're me. Last week was a good week. I was finally finished with law school, excited for graduation. I even bought myself a Kindle Fire with my Lexis points so that I could finally read e-galleys like a normal person. And then I saw The Winds of S
Nicole Tetrev
I received a galley copy for review.

The third book in the Beauchamp series Winds of Salem left me miffed. It seemed like it was all over the place, frequently switching POVS, which it did do in the first two as well but it seemed not as well done in this one. Also there seemed to be like an information overload, and lots of repetitiveness. The story overall was a good one which is why I am giving it three stars. I just found it lacking in certain areas, and it seemed to have a disconnect with th
Paula  Phillips

One of my favourite things to read is about Witches in Modern Society as I loved the hit show "Eastwick" based on the book "The Witches of Eastwick" and when I was younger, I really enjoyed Melissa De La Cruz's series "Blue Bloods" which featured Vampires, Archangels and Werewolves" So when I discovered she had written a new series, I knew I had to read it and it was a mixture between Eastwick and Charmed. At the end of Book #2 we saw the family which consisted of Norman - The Dad , Joanna - Mum
After feeling only so-so about Serpent's Kiss, the prequel to this and the second in the Witches of East End series, I went into Winds of Salem not knowing what to expect. However, Winds of Salem managed to restore my love for this series, as it possessed the same charm and witchy goodness that the first one contained.

Winds of Salem picks up a little while after Serpent's Kiss left off. In present day, the Beauchamp family is trying to bring Freya home while dealing with their own wide variety o
Cheryl M-M
I thought this book was a hot mess. I actually went back and read it twice because I thought it must have been my imagination. It just seemed so completely disjointed at times.
When I compare it to her Blue Bloods series it just seems like an entirely different person wrote it or perhaps Cruz lost her groove somewhere along the line.
If you haven't been following this series then the storyline might appear confusing, despite Cruz trying to fit in explanations of who the characters are or were in p
Lindsay Heller
I received this book via NetGalley. In fact, this book was the reason I joined NetGalley. I was never particularly patient and when I saw that this third installment of the Witches of East End series was available I just couldn't help myself. Let me first begin by saying that I really enjoy this series. I also enjoyed de la Cruz's Blue Bloods series, of which this was a spin-off. Both series open up genres that are well trodden and create something entirely new. So, overall, it's safe to say I a ...more
Freya, Ingrid, and their mother saved their town and were reunited with their father and Freya’s twin brother. However before the family can rejoice in a happy family reunion they must rescue Freya.

Freya was transported back in time. A time when witch trials were a big thing. If Ingrid and her family can not find a way to save Freya, she will not survive to the present time again.

Winds of Salem is the latest book in the Witches of East End series. I have enjoyed reading these books and the Bea
Slow start, but I got really into it at the end.

Since the last book, I realized with this series I have to just ignore the fact that they're supposed to be "gods" since they don't really act like gods at all. But, once I pushed that outta the way, I really enjoyed how this played out. In fact, I'm super sad now the series is over. I'm a huge fan of the show (which is kind of better than the books in a lot of ways!)

I would be open to the author writing more books and continuing this series. I ha
Simona F.
Things nobody's interested in but that I am going to share anyway:
1) I am shelfing Winds of Salem under Young Adult because a) it suites me (April being Young Adult month for RMFAO members); b) Freya is sixteen in Salem in 1692, so technically she falls into the cahegory;
2) I was really reluctant, putting this last installment off, trying to avoid is for almost a year, because I was not excessively thrilled with Witches of East End and Serpent's Kiss; I actually got pretty pissed off, I just can
Salem has been done better, witches have been done better, and De La Cruz has done better. At times it was difficult to tells if it was meant to be a YA book with some adult themes and mainly adult characters, or if it was just a very juvenile book meant for adults. There are also a lot of weirdly specific and completely unnecessary details that end up making it seem like the author was struggling to fill the pages.
I was underwhelmed by the conclusion to this series.

It seems like the author wanted this book to be too many things at once and it didn't work. There were so many loose ends and story lines going that none of them got the time needed (and deserved) to resolve things in a satisfying way.

A lot of time was spent setting up a lot of information in Salem. I believe some of that could have been shortened because it didn't seem as important as the concluding events.

I did like the inclusion of Troy, bu
In this final installment of the Beauchamp family, we are thrust into the past and present simultaneously. Joanna and Norman, and Ingrid and Freddie, are desperately trying to find a way to rescue Freya and Killian from 1692 Salem. Unless they can figure out how to go back and change history, Freya could be doomed to repeat her past.

I was reluctant to begin this novel, mostly because of my declining feelings for the first two books.

Of course, I expected a sweet little ending that wrapped up nic

Did I mention that this book was awful?

Because it was.

It was so confusing and very boring.

The plot was that Freya was sent back to Salem in 1692 with no memory of her prior life. For some reason, she took all of the known magic with her leaving her family near mortality. Who sent her back? It might have been Loki. Killian got stuck there too but his memory was intact but he's going under an alias as is Loki.

In the present, Ingrid has doubts over her relationship with Matt when she
I was eagerly anticipating this book and I was overjoyed to receive an advance copy from NetGalley.

I really enjoyed this series and Ms. de la Cruz's writing. I liked the Blue Blood series and for the most part felt that every installment was superior to the last. However, when I read the The Witches of East End, I was blown away. It reminded me of the gothic lit I read years ago - but it was so much better.

I did not like the Winds of Salem as much as the first two books in the series. It felt
So we finally reach then end of this journey. The confusing story lines where just simply putting a name at the top of the chapters could have helped keep the story following a little better or not so many POVs since you basically get every Beauchamp's view possible!

We meet just about all the most popular Norse gods and goddesses, have some time travel, and mention yet again of Melissa's Blue blood characters. I did read the whole series but i'm one of those people who have to read them all othe
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
3.5 Stars
I have been looking forward to reading the third installment in the Witches of East End as soon as I knew it would be concentrating on the Salem Witch trials when Freya was thrust back in time in the second book and I admit, I couldn't wait. The history buff in me was dying to know more. I wanted the world that Freya and Ingrid most remembered to be fleshed out and real. I wanted to know what happened. How they were accused of being witches and what lead up to their deaths. Only this ti
Debra Martin
This is the third volume in the Witches of East End series. The passages of time are closed with Freya Beauchamp stuck in 1692 with no way to get back. Freya must relive the horror of the Salem witch trials while her parents frantically try to reopen the passages and rescue her. If they don't succeed, Freya's life will be forfeited forever. Being immortal will not help her this time and she'll never be reborn again.

This story opens in 1692 and I was immediately pulled into the story. I loved Fre
First and foremost - I HOPE this is not the end of this series. I have loved and enjoyed it and want more.
Picking up right where Serpent's Kiss left off - Freya has been sucked back into time, the seventeenth century to be exact and to Salem. This time if she dies, she will not come back. The fabric of travel and time have somehow been warped. Freddie has leads on his trident and uses the pixies for help, even if his marriage to Gert is falling apart. Ingrid's past pops up as she has to resolve
books are love
I enjoyed this book. I am wondering what is going to happen in the love triangle and will Freddie find himself. What about Troy? Will he find love?

This is an interesting take on how witches came about and gods and goddesses. The characters will have you ensnared from the get go.

Freya (goddess of love): Her demeanor in Salem has you root for her and Nate to work out. You feel for her in the predicament she is in with Mercy and the trials. there were times you wanted to ask her what was she doing?
Shannon McGee
The Beauchamp family returns in the 3rd installment of The Witches Of Eastend series. The family that was once Gods and Goddesses are in our world stripped of their full magic. The youngest of the clan is thrown back in time, during the Salem witch trials, not able to remember her life and family. The rest of the family is trying there best to get her back before she dies permanently this time.

I have reviewed the other books in this series and I adore this one just as I do the others. In Winds
Ambrosia Sullivan
First posted for Fire & Ice

I start to get twitchy when I see the big announcement of a series being made into a TV series. While I have enjoyed some book to TV shows (Dexter, True Blood) over all I still get twitchy especially such a new series, because you can not help to ask okay so is the book going to start being written more with a focus to the TV show.

I am not sure if that is what happened with this one or not, but I have to say for me a series that Started out with such a Bang gettin
Posted first on Blog Critics as Book Review:'Winds of Salem' by Melissa De La Cruz

When a magic spell casts Freya Beauchamp back to 1692 Salem, she is locked in a time when witches are being persecuted. In Winds of Salem by Melissa De La Cruz, we follow the life of a young Freya as she finds the tides against her changing.

De La Cruz moves through the story from present to past and back again in an effort for those who searching for Freya to find the reasoning for the transference. When first goi
Amber at Fall Into Books
I don't always like witch books, but I really adore this series. Winds of Salem is no exception. Melissa de la Cruz is an excellent author, and this series is fantastic. The characterization and character growth is top notch and the plot kept me on the edge of my seat. De la Cruz's writing is phenomenal. I actually felt as if I was moving between colonial Salem and present-day, and believably switching between multiple POVs and time periods could not have been easy to write. The ending itself is ...more
I absolutely love all of the books by this author. She manages to make you lose yourself in the entire world that she creates. This book was no different. While it makes me sad to see that this series has ended, I think she did an amazing job of it. This book was a bit more all over the place than some of her previous ones which did annoy me a bit, but she still did an amazing job of getting me into the story. The ending itself went different than i had been hoping she wold go with it, but holy ...more
I love the series, but did not like the flow of the story. I am surprised since I have always loved her books.
Het laatste deel in de Beauchamp family trilogie en eigenlijk kan ik daar alleen maar blij om zijn. Melissa de a Cruz behaalt op geen enkel moment nog het niveau dat ze bereikte met het eerste deel van de reeks. Hoewel, daar moet ik eerlijk in zijn Winds of Salem veel meer kon boeien dan Serpent's kiss. Salem, laat dat nu net een van mijn stokpaardjes zijn. De setting die ze voor dit laatste deel creëert is zonder twijfel goed onderzocht en boeiend gedocumenteerd. Jammer dat het niveau naar bene ...more
Ashley Deniz
I do hate writing reviews when I have mixed feelings. However, I have decided I will simply share them.

I have now finished the Beauchamp family trilogy (and if it's not a trilogy don't tell me as that's what I categorized it as for my reading challenge). If the tv series had stayed closer to the books I do think I would have enjoyed the series more, so suffice to say books>show.

This book did wrap everything up, which is one thing I really do appreciate. No loose ends, no questions, a true end
Lifetime Book Club: ‘Fess up: are you a Joanna? Or a Freya? Or an Ingrid? Why? 5 37 Sep 30, 2014 09:23AM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Winds of Salem by Melissa de la Cruz --> Starting August 16th 21 15 Aug 21, 2014 05:01PM
Lifetime Book Club: Sex is a big part of this novel, and one of the ways that Freya expresses her power is in her sexuality, whereas Ingrid is afraid of hers. How do you feel about the way sexuality is portrayed in the book? Was there too much sex? Too little? :) 2 35 Jul 02, 2014 04:56AM
Lifetime Book Club: The setting of the novel, North Hampton, is based on a real location (we're not telling where). What makes this the perfect place for the Beauchamp family home? Which place do you wish you could visit- Joanna’s home, the beach, the North Inn, the library? 3 20 Jul 02, 2014 04:47AM
Lifetime Book Club: Melissa was inspired to write the series in order to capture the magic of sisterly/motherly bonds. Are you close to your sister and mother? Do you relate to Freya and Ingrid's relationship and their relationship to their "formidable" mother? 1 5 Jun 23, 2014 03:46PM
Lifetime Book Club: Are you familiar with Norse mythology? How did you feel about the use of Norse mythology in the story? 1 9 Jun 23, 2014 03:43PM
Lifetime Book Club: Some of the action in this novel involves Freya’s love life. As you were reading this, did you feel her conflict? Did you sympathize with her dilemma? (And which lover was your favorite?) How did the author’s use of a romantic triangle further the plot? 2 9 Jun 23, 2014 03:34PM
  • Cherry Money Baby
  • The Water Witch (Fairwick Chronicles, #2)
  • The Ronin's Mistress (Sano Ichiro, #15)
  • The Havoc Machine (Clockwork Empire, #4)
  • The 5 Moons of Tiiana (The Chronicles of Rez Cantor, #1)
  • Ruined (The Witches of Santa Anna, #7)
  • Star Cursed (The Cahill Witch Chronicles #2)
  • The Descent (The Taker, #3)
  • Capitol Magic
  • Shaman, Friend, Enemy (Olivia Lawson, Techno-Shaman, #2)
  • Unholy Luck (Downside Ghosts, #6)
  • Mers
  • Witchfall (The Tudor Witch Trilogy, #2)
  • Cold Light
  • Age of the Fifth (Carrier, #3)
  • Silent Murders (Roaring Twenties Mystery, #2)
  • Mirror of Heaven (Wildworld, #3)
  • Every Never After (Never, #2)
Melissa de la Cruz is the New York Times and USA Today best-selling author of many critically acclaimed and award-winning novels for teens including The Au Pairs series, the Blue Bloods series, the Ashleys series, the Angels on Sunset Boulevard series and the semi-autobiographical novel Fresh off the Boat.

Her books for adults include the novel Cat’s Meow, the anthology Girls Who Like Boys Who Like
More about Melissa de la Cruz...

The Beauchamp Family (3 books)
  • Witches of East End (The Beauchamp Family, #1)
  • Serpent's Kiss (The Beauchamp Family #2)
Blue Bloods (Blue Bloods, #1) Masquerade (Blue Bloods, #2) Revelations (Blue Bloods, #3) The Van Alen Legacy (Blue Bloods, #4) Misguided Angel (Blue Bloods, #5)