Start by marking “Forever and a Lifetime” as Want to Read:
Forever and a Lifetime

Forever and a Lifetime

Princess In Distress
Even when a towering, muscular man swept her upon his horse, Lady Nichole Lucretia was certain her Swiss castle was impenetrable. Surely her guards would easily take down her assailant and punish him for his arrogance. But when the laughing kidnapper succeeded in stealing her away, the raven-haired aristocrat was furious. She punched and bit, struggled
Paperback
Published February 1st 1990 by Zebra

To ask other readers questions about Forever and a Lifetime, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forever and a Lifetime

Naksed
A medieval bodice-ripper set in...Switzerland? Okay, that got my attention, as did a heroine descended from the Medici. It all started out pretty great, with much swashbuckling, a convent abduction, and political intrigue between warring princedoms in a divided land.

But after 300 or so pages of a TSTL hellion of a heroine who was not giving a small hint of evolution, and the very tiresome plot device of having a mysterious piece of paper acting as the MacGuffin for this tedious plot, I was done.
Regan Walker
Feb 24, 2012 Regan Walker rated it it was amazing
Handsome Swiss Hero, Strong Heroine and a Great Story!

This is my second by Horsman and it’s another wonderful story. This one has an amazingly complex plot set in an interesting time in history with well-developed characters, sexy love scenes and a hero, who is very virile, and at times a cad. This one also features the usual cats, vegetarians and mystical aspects that seem to characterize her romances.

What I like about Horsman’s stories is that they are richly detailed and give me that intense
RNDK
Jun 29, 2011 RNDK rated it really liked it
I first read this book in the 90's and I loved it then. It had an original setting (Switzerland) and an almost Historical Fantasy like setting. (I'm not judging on historical accuracy, it's fiction.) I really liked the main characters and the plot except for the forced seduction which was acceptable at the time of writing.
Romance with Fantasy elements were rare in the 80's and 90's so much is forgiven.
The laws and justice was interesting and I won't go into too much details as I wish to avoid sp
Twiggy
This was a relatively strange book in that it appeared to be set in switzerland in 1500-1700s and yet it had 'magical connotations'.
The h,Lady Nicole is promised in marriage to an unpleasant neigbouring duke at her brother's insistence. She does not agree that this is a good match and rejects him. She blackmails her brother by referring to a secret that she does not actually know. He locks her up in a nunnery.
The hero, Jonpaul the terrible, ( what a name!) discovers that his evil neighbour is
Joshua
I read this a few months ago, but I found this in a box of books I was donating to a local book store and it made me angry just thinking about it.
I found this waste of ink and paper at a library booksale, It was 50 cents...

I still want my money back.

I guess the plot of was interesting enough, and unqiue for a romance novel. Set in Medieval times, magic and witchcraft, handsome knights etc...
But the writing was awful. I had no clue what was going on half the time because it was so choppy and fra
The Introvert Bookworm
Sep 15, 2013 The Introvert Bookworm rated it did not like it
I liked the overall storyline but the love scenes fell short of my liking. They lacked depth. My biggest pet peeve in romance novels is when they write a beautiful build up, then the scene ends with... They made love. What?! The author sets you up for an amazing heart stopping love scene.... Then, nothing. This happened numerous times in this book and I was so annoyed I could t finish it. However, her other book, Magic Embrace was one of my favorites. So, I was hugely disappointed with this one ...more
patty bergemann
Jun 10, 2014 patty bergemann rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

Great read

a very wonderful historical romance. kept me engaged throughput the whole book. one of my new favorite romantic books yet
Marisela
Marisela rated it really liked it
Apr 03, 2016
Dexter Linen
Dexter Linen rated it really liked it
Jun 05, 2014
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Jul 25, 2015
Jdurand2
Jdurand2 rated it it was ok
Oct 11, 2016
Marnie
Marnie rated it liked it
Nov 12, 2015
Lovetoread
Lovetoread rated it liked it
Mar 26, 2014
Annabel Joseph
Annabel Joseph rated it liked it
Aug 09, 2010
Borislava
Borislava rated it really liked it
Apr 27, 2012
Dana Gold
Oct 02, 2013 Dana Gold rated it did not like it
did not enjoy.
Sherry
Sherry rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2016
Aishath Jazlee
Aishath Jazlee rated it it was amazing
Nov 06, 2013
Jenjen
Jenjen rated it liked it
Feb 21, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it liked it
Jan 27, 2011
Lele
Lele rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2013
KC
KC rated it really liked it
Sep 16, 2014
Frithiof
Frithiof rated it it was ok
Jan 25, 2013
Xostephanie
Xostephanie rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2013
Kellie
Kellie rated it liked it
Mar 22, 2012
Shwetha
Shwetha rated it really liked it
Jun 04, 2016
JenMcJ
JenMcJ rated it it was amazing
Mar 11, 2009
Nawo
Nawo rated it it was amazing
Nov 22, 2015
Stephanie Smith
Stephanie Smith rated it it was amazing
Nov 09, 2014
Serenity
Serenity rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2013