Start by marking “Peace of Mind: Becoming Fully Present” as Want to Read:
Peace of Mind: Becoming Fully Present
Preview

Peace of Mind: Becoming Fully Present

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  87 ratings  ·  7 reviews
We can’t heal with our minds alone. Thinking can be something productive and creative, but without integrating body and mind, much of our thinking is useless and unproductive. In Peace of Mind, Zen master Thich Nhat Hanh reminds us that integrating body and mind is the only way to be fully alive in each moment, without getting lost in our thoughts while walking, cooking, d ...more
Published September 17th 2013 by Parallax Press (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Peace of Mind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Peace of Mind

Sian Lile-Pastore
i love thich, and he seems to realy love tea.
this is the third book i've read by him, and i have to admit, they are all blending into one, but it's a really good one - full of wisdom and sweetness.
Shannon
This is a brief, but wonderful book with lots to teach. I finished it with about 20 earmarked pages to go back and review as I try to incorporate some of the lessons into daily life.
Jilles
Beautiful and very simple book about meditation, written in a gentle way that makes meditating seem like something joyful to do.
Regina
Jan 07, 2015 Regina rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2015
I really want to give this book more than two stars, but alas I cannot.

I think this is the 3rd book by Thich Nhat Hanh that I have read. I found my experience to be like the other two.

However I am thinking the problem is me, as the majority of people gush over his books. Don't get me wrong, each one that I have read has had some real pearls of insight that make you stop and take notice. Yet I always find his books to be repetition of what was written in the first couple of chapters. My eyes star
Amber
I felt like this book maybe had 2 points and just repeated it over and over again throughout every chapter using different words.
It just didn't inspire or enlighten me in the way I had hoped and wouldn't recommend it to anyone if I'm honest.
Don't get me wrong, I completely agree with what it is trying to teach the reader I just felt like the teachings could have been described in more detail and in a more inspirational way? I don't know it just wasn't what I expected.
Sarah Joy
I found this book to very illuminating. It is very easy to live in one's head consumed by worries and stress and not be fully present. This book gives some ways to live mindfully in the present moment. I liked these two things...

"The past is no longer with us and the future is not yet here; only in the present moment are the wonders of life available."

"When you take good care of yourself, you are helping other people. When you're able to generate peace with every step, the whole world profits."
Rubina
Thich Nhat Hanh is one of my favourite authors on Buddhist teachings and concepts. In Peace of Mind, Thich reminds us that our mind and body are integrated, and only when reunite body and mind, will we be fully present for ourselves and others. Thich offers practices to cultivate awareness, mindfulness, concentration and insight.
Definitely a book to be read and re-read. Glad that it's my first book for 2015.
Anja
Anja added it
Apr 25, 2015
Christen Eberly
Christen Eberly marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2015
Tim
Tim is currently reading it
Apr 20, 2015
Joan Lazzara
Joan Lazzara marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Ruz
Ruz marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Chris Kruzona
Chris Kruzona marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Sasa
Sasa marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Lesha Prasad
Lesha Prasad marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
Aliana
Aliana marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Jonathan Greenough
Jonathan Greenough is currently reading it
Apr 06, 2015
Robin Landry
Robin Landry marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
MR
MR is currently reading it
Mar 29, 2015
Meghan
Meghan marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Federico Kaufer
Federico Kaufer marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2015
Billy Candelaria
Billy Candelaria marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
Brittney
Brittney marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
Jane
Jane marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Malwina
Malwina marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2015
Danielle Sparling
Danielle Sparling is currently reading it
Mar 05, 2015
  • Reflections On A Mountain Lake: Teachings On Practical Buddhism
  • The Bhagavad Gita
  • Dakini Power: Twelve Extraordinary Women Shaping the Transmission of Tibetan Buddhism in the West
  • Open Heart, Clear Mind: An Introduction to the Buddha's Teachings
  • Dancing With Life: Buddhist Insights for Finding Meaning and Joy in the Face of Suffering
  • How to Wake Up: A Buddhist-Inspired Guide to Navigating Joy and Sorrow
  • Training in Compassion: Zen Teachings on the Practice of Lojong
  • Ten Breaths to Happiness: Touching Life in its Fullness
  • Conscious Living: Finding Joy in the Real World
  • The Lost Art of Compassion: Discovering the Practice of Happiness in the Meeting of Buddhism and Psychology
  • The Life of Milarepa
  • Kindness, Clarity, and Insight
  • Seasons of Witchery: Celebrating the Sabbats with the Garden Witch
  • Our Thoughts Determine Our Lives:  The Life and Teachings of Elder Thaddeus of Vitovnica
  • The Way of the White Clouds
  • The Philokalia, Volume 4: The Complete Text; Compiled by St. Nikodimos of the Holy Mountain & St. Markarios of Corinth
  • This Thing Called You
  • Zooburbia: Meditations on the Wild Animals Among Us
Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh is a global spiritual leader, poet and peace activist, revered throughout the world for his powerful teachings and bestselling writings on mindfulness and peace.

His key teaching is that, through mindfulness, we can learn to live happily in the present moment—the only way to truly develop peace, both in one’s self and in the world.

Thich Nhat Hanh has published over 100 ti
More about Thich Nhat Hanh...
Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life The Miracle of Mindfulness: An Introduction to the Practice of Meditation Living Buddha, Living Christ The Heart of the Buddha's Teaching: Transforming Suffering into Peace, Joy, and Liberation Being Peace