Start by marking “Organize & Create Discipline: An A-to-Z Guide to an Organized Existence” as Want to Read:
Organize & Create Discipline: An A-to-Z Guide to an Organized Existence

Organize & Create Discipline: An A-to-Z Guide to an Organized Existence

3.06 of 5 stars 3.06  ·  rating details  ·  47 ratings  ·  12 reviews
A professional organizer’s complete guide to getting—and staying—organized.

As a child, Justin Klosky loved to count, analyze, and categorize everything in sight. Eventually diagnosed with OCD, he found ways to tap the benefits of his condition. Today, he’s founded a successful firm, O.C.D. Experience, building on the principals of Organize, Create, Discipline to help high
Published December 26th 2013 by Avery

To ask other readers questions about Organize & Create Discipline, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Organize & Create Discipline

Karla
Feb 24, 2014 Karla rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2014
The author has been diagnosed with OCD - he has used his OCD traits to start a professional organizing business. There wasn't really much in the book that is new - his main idea seems to be to scan and store everything possible electronically. And he pretty much lost me when he suggested that people would love to have you as a houseguest if you take if upon yourself to clean and organize the guest bathroom while you're visiting.
Jbussoli
I gave it two stars but Barb gives it a zero! All obvious tips. :)
Maruca
I have a ton of interior design books, books on organisation and decluttering. I LOVE how this book is not made in chapters and text but just entries by topic. I could just jump from topic to topic and read the relatively short entries instead of having to comb chapters about a certain room or similar! Loved that!

Our new home is looking better and better thanks to these amazing book and I love Justin's motivational and humorous style of writing these entries.
Jill Miller
I was looking for a book to help me organize my home, but found that Justin's book is mainly about HIM, not organizing. While some of the tips in the book are helpful, most of them are run-of-the-mill standard ideas that didn't help me at all. And the way that the book is put together -- alphabetically -- was WAY less than helpful to me. Justin may do a great job at organizing spaces in real life, but his book was about useless to me.
Autumn Brown
Not helpful at all. Author tries and grossly fails at humor which is distracting. The book is organized like a dictionary. You basically have to know what your problems are before you start to get anything from the book. There are pages dedicated to how to organize medical marajuana and only one sentence for boots. I think the whole book was worthless. I'm glad I checked it out of the library and didn't spend good money on it.
Karyn
I saw this on the shelf at the library and brought it home to flip through. I do enjoy reading "organizing" books. I wouldn't say this was the best I've ever read, but it was okay. I think the key to organizing is to continually get rid of unneeded items. Having less to organize truly is the keep to keeping organized.
Susan Wengrofsky
i did not find this book helpful. it was simplistic rather than creative. i have read other books on organization including magic tidying. her book was much more inspiring even if overly cute.
Shannon
I heard the author interviewed on the radio & became interested in his book. I'm looking forward to getting just a handful of organizational tip from this book, but I'm already annoyed by each subtopics appearing in bold anytime the word is used in a sentence. Seems like somehing the editor would have sen as a distraction. And the preamble before the hints reads like the text from a potential infomercial for his system/company. I'm hoping the hints themselves make up for this.

Didn't quite fi
Mcvalens
not bad. most of the info is logical, however it is a fun and easy read. always good to refresh your thoughts on organizing your home and life.
Kevin Orth
This is a well ordered, insightful book.
If I could provide Justin a personal message. In the introduction he shares about his experience being sexually assaulted and sadly muses that he must have been a magnet of some sort for the mistreatment. Truth of the matter is no child deserves abuse of any sort. No child brings abuse upon themselves. It may seem that way from the child's perspective but it not true.
Children are magnets for love, support, encouragement. Adults' job is to protect, defend,
Susan Cobb
Good book but too much information for me.
Judy
It is an A to Z book on how to organize almost anything. Nothing really new in it.
Nikunj
Nikunj added it
Jun 19, 2015
Tracy Hatcher
Tracy Hatcher marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2015
Julie
Julie added it
Jun 06, 2015
Donkey
Donkey marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Sheila
Sheila marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
Lauren Gardner
Lauren Gardner marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Rivara
Rivara marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Serena
Serena marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015