William's House (Hidden Magic #1)

William's House (Hidden Magic #1)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  608 ratings  ·  39 reviews
Book one in the Hidden Magic Series

When William Stamson falls in love with a dilapidated mansion, he has no idea he’ll attract the attention of Cassius Grant…and disturb some magic better left alone.

Born a void, someone who cannot perform magic, William Stamson moves away in order to live on his own, away from his matchmaking family. While house-hunting, he falls for an ol...more
ebook, 2nd Edition, 83 pages
Published May 13th 2013 by Total-E-Bound (first published March 17th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about William's House, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about William's House

Heather C
I don't even know where to begin to explain my issues with this book. I really loved the idea, but the insta-love and all-over-the-place plot ruined it for me.
Honey
Will is the self-asserted spoiled son of a powerful senator and witch. As the only magic-less member of a family known for its powerful magic, they have always thought he needs taking care of. (His family is so rich their way of doing so is to each give him a couple million dollars). When he decides to move away from Seattle and his family, he comes across a house that calls to him. It has a lot of potential, yet is in need of drastic repairs.

Cash is big, muscled and pierced. As dominant as any...more
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Amber Kell has a pretty successful formula going.Smaller man needs bigger man who is totally besotted with him!
The null Will ( magic void) needs a Handyman and Cash fits the bill.
(view spoiler)...more
Simon
Ridiculous! Plot severely lacking, characterisation is very two dimensional....the story is a vehicle for sex with little by way of execution....little else. Takes about an hour to read. It was ok. I read it. I won't be purchasing more by this author, although judging by the number of stories she's written her writing is popular. Nice looking front cover.
Rachel
I really enjoyed this book from Amber Kell! I thought that the premise was interesting, I loved the characters, and it was a very enjoyable read! One of my favorites that I have read from this author, that's for sure. I'm hoping there will be more in this series.
Meggie
The story was like a quickie. The plot was easy, characters bland and two main characters, William and Cassius, didn't appear attractive as a couple. The plot was to simple and emotions were not real. Just bland written and not felt.
Lena Grey
The power of love is the greatest magic in existence. No matter how much arcane knowledge someone has, the mystical powers of love can bring them to their knees with something as simple as a smile from the right person. Cascius Grant is an enforcer, trained to be cold and methodical, when on a mission from the magic counsel; but one look at William Stampson and his assignment is forgotten. All he can think of is how to keep William secure and, hopefully, in his bed forever.

Will is the most likea...more
L-D
William Stamson is a void - a man with no magic and who cannot be affected by magic. When he finds a run down decrepit house, he knows he's found his true love and names her Harriet. Harriet needs a lot of work and Will immediately sets out to find a handyman that can help him to restore his painted lady. Cassius Grant is a magical enforcer that is sent to keep an eye on the void that is living on one of the most powerful ley line intersections in the city. As a void, Will is one of the few peop...more
Ravyn
I liked the general idea of the story, but execution was lacking. The story felt very rushed and superficial, with lots of plot gaps. The romance moved at warp speed and didn't feel particularly genuine. (view spoiler)

Bottom Line: Total brain fluff, no substance. Ok if you just want something incredibly easy to read and pass the time.
Becky
This story had good bones-- an interesting premise and likeable main characters. But it was so rushed. Cash went from being 100% straight to talking about marrying Will in like 48 hours. And the paranormal storyline could have used a few more twists and details. But the world was interesting, and it wasn't a bad way to kill a rainy afternoon.
Syl
I loved the premise of this book. And the characters. And the magic. Best zombies I've ever run across. I also like the history and mythology related to nulls. However there was way too much going on for it to be a novella. The beginning felt like the start of a standard length novel. The pacing was perfect. Then, it seemed like the author remembered a page limit and rushed through everything in a mad dash. It was chaotic and frustrating because there were so many things that I wanted to read mo...more
Macky
2.5*

Sadly not my cup of tea. The ideas are there but it was all too rushed for me. 2 stars for the overall story but Ive added a half star for Harriet..I kind of liked her!
Brenda (b)
This was a light quick story. Things moved pretty fast and the storyline only covered a few days, but it felt complete. I liked both Will and Cash.
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Price drop to $0.99 today at Amazon and ARe!! 6/4/13!
Pixie Mmgoodbookreviews
3 1/2 - 4 Hearts

Review written for MM Good Book Reviews

William is a void born into a very magical family, deciding he needs to get away from the matchmaking slightly overprotective family he buys an old mansion ‘a painted lady’ that needs much love and care. But, the house is on a magical vortex and the council doesn’t want anyone living there and sends Cash to convince William to leave. Cash discovers it isn’t going to be easy though… his magic won’t work...more
ARe Cafe

I am a fan of Amber Kell. I love her Wizard’s Touch series especially. William’s House introduces us to brand new characters and a brand new world. While there is still wizardry, there are also voids (humans that actually void out magic), zombies and ley lines. William is the youngest son of the Stamson family (think huge, powerful, old money) and every time a relative dies they leave at least a million to him because he is the poor non-magical relative… in fact he’s a Void, a rare human that ca...more
In this entertaining romp, William Stamson, an unashamedly spoilt and very rich twenty-five year old, buys a rundown mansion in a small town outside Seattle to escape from his family. But this is no ordinary house. It is full of magical energy and purchasing it brings William into contact with Cassius "Cash" Grant, who he hires as a handyman. Cash works for the Magical Council of Wizards and his task is to get William out of the house, but nothing goes to plan.

William and Cash are very engaging...more
Sadonna
I liked the world of this book with the various magic users. William and Cash are a cute couple. The twist as to who was behind the problems that Will encounters was well done. I enjoyed the scenes with Will and his family and his relationships with his parents and brothers. My one complaint is that I felt like the story ended rather abruptly - I'm hoping that since this is a series, we will get the rest of the story soon!

~SexyBookWorm~
Great book. I'm hoping this become a series and Will's brothers and maybe even his father end up getting mated!
It was one of those cute books that's an easy quick read but still enjoyable.
Will and Cash were good together but I wish their relationship had a little more conflict. Perhaps something to do with the fact that Cash had never been with or even thought of another man sexually. But still a very cute story.
Lea
A story that had me in stitches from the very first couple of chapters. Get ready for laughs when you match one man who never had a horny bone in his body for another guy with one who is self centered, spoiled and knows it. Add a few secrets, misunderstandings, a powerful family, and see the sparks fly between two lifestyles that clash like nobody's business. An sexy and enjoyable read!
Violet
The summary was interesting but somewhere in the middle it gets less and less interesting and almost a task for me to continue reading. The characters are one dimensional and superficial.
"Mate theme" is quite tricky theme for me and the character's love affair is simply unconvincing.
Eyre
I haven't been in the mood for a book that includes magic, etc. in a while, but I thought I'd give this one a shot. I did enjoy it. Will is definitely spoiled, but he is not a brat. He's a good guy. This was a fast, stress-free read. I'll have to read more by this author.
A.E.
Pretty good read, I'm a huge Amber Kell fan, and typically enjoy her novels the next book in this series is better than this one, but overall I don't think you will be disappointed.
Tj
Fun easy read. Very typical Amber Kell book. If you just want a fun read this is a good one. There isn't huge emotions with the plot and the characters are easy to understand.
Donna Burks
This was by far NOT my favorite Amber Kell story...but it was an enjoyable, quick read! My question is....can a "house" have it's own book? lol Moving on.....
Jen
This one is more like a 2.5 stars for me as I'm not sure if I'll read it again. It definitely has that female author feel to it. Had some good parts, though.
Mandi
Enjoyable read. I liked the alternate world of magic Amber Kell created. Would of liked a bit more screen time between the two main characters though.
A
The characters were easy to love, the plot didn't drag or falter, and the romance was believable. I look forward to rereading it in the future.
Carolyn88
Wonderfull sweet book. It was a good book to read when you like to finish a book in one sit. The author was very good.
J.B. Sanders
Short, sweet and fast, like a shot of liquor. Enjoyed it and I hope there's more to come in this world.
Totally Bound Pub...: 4.5 Stars for William’s House by Amber Kell 1 5 May 19, 2014 01:06PM
  • Kian (The FireTrilogy, #1)
  • Blood Of A Leo (Solomon's Pride #1)
  • Adel's Purr (Elements of Love, #1)
  • Race the Sun (Enchanted, #1)
  • Kissed by Death (Kissed by an Immortal, #1)
  • Dealing With the Dead (The Thompson Agency, #1)
  • Soul Magic (Triad, #3)
  • When the Dead Speak (Southern Spirits, #2)
  • The Beast's Promise (Outside the City, #2)
  • Ethan's Freedom (Portals, #1)
  • King's Conquest (Mending the Rift, #1)
  • Familiar
  • Bayou Dreams (Rougaroux Social Club, #1)
  • Equilibrium (Superpowered Love, #1)
  • My Eternal Love (Dark Court, #3)
  • Ghost of a Chance
  • Moon's Sweet Poison (Deadly Mates, #1)
  • Half Blind (Freelance Magic, #1)
Amber Kell is one of those quiet people they always tell you to watch out for. She lives in Dallas with her husband, two sons, and one extremely stupid dog.

She also writes under the name Mikela Q. Chase
More about Amber Kell...
From Pack to Pride (Supernatural Mates #1) Attracting Anthony (Moon Pack, #1) Trials of Tam (The Larson Legacy, #1) Mate Hunt (Dragonmen, #1) A Prideful Mate (Supernatural Mates #2)