Start by marking “The Wishing Well Curse” as Want to Read:
The Wishing Well Curse

The Wishing Well Curse

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  113 ratings  ·  33 reviews
Zeke Clay is down on his luck. He’s lost everything—an apartment, an education, a girlfriend, his job....

When a mysterious letter comes from a law firm in Colorado, he decides things just might be looking up. Now he stands to inherit a fortune, but it comes with a price. He must break a family curse and restore true love. What does he know about breaking a curse? And who i
Published May 1st 2013 by AltWit Press (first published March 29th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Wishing Well Curse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wishing Well Curse

Pauline Creeden
As the publisher, of course I think the book is great!
J.L. Mbewe
This is a story of a young man who has hit some hard times. He's lost his job, his girlfriend, his apartment and had to drop out of college. Then he received a letter that could change his life. His great uncle died and has left him with a grand inheritance, but he has to fulfill certain conditions first that involve an old well, a curse, and two ghosts.

I love the characters in this story: Zeke, Clifford, Twyla, biker-pastor James. Zeke's a hoot, but he goes from a chaotic, out of control downwa
Emilie Hendryx
Zeke Clay finds himself in the middle of a bad situation. He's lost his education, his girlfriend, his job, and even his apartment. Despite this, he hasn't lost the one thing that will eventually save him - his destiny.

When he receives a letter from a law office in Colorado, there is no better option than to go and hear the will of a relative he didn't even know he had. Little does he know that this will change so much more than just his location.

As I began The Wishing Well Curse, I wasn't sure
Melanie
Life is rough for Zeke Clay at the beginning. He seems to have lost everything in one day and doesn't know what he's going to do. All he has left is a letter from a law firm in Colorado. He opens it up and finds out he is the only surviving descendent of a relative he didn't know he had and needs to attend the reading of his will the next day. So he gets in his car and drives.

There are conditions for him to accept before he learns the full extent of his inheritance and he thinks the attorney is
Aaron DeMott
Disclosure: I have read an early draft of this novel, and provided an early critique.

First, the cons. The book borders on being too preachy. I don't feel it gets there, as one of the characters is a pastor, so it'd be weird if he didn't get a little preachy... Even at that, the characters faith is a part of who they are, and it isn't really shoved at anyone.

The theology is also a little weird in parts. But then, it's speculative fiction. There's not really any such thing as ghosts, but in a stor
Stanley
I often read the reviews before I d/l a book, then I park it on my kindle until I can read it without the bias. I enjoyed this book, and because it is clearly described as "A Gothic - Paranormal Christian Ghost Story" I can forgive where the paranormal clashes with my 'doctrine'. I have observed that other reviewers have included 'spoilers' so I will just say that if you are looking for nice light read, this book will provide that, and you can enjoy the story without risking your salvation. This ...more
Lynn
Apr 01, 2013 Lynn rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
This story sat in my heart for over 20 years. It came to life last year in my computer. I love this story. I hope many of you love it too!
Anna Hurtt
Honestly, when I read the blurb about this book, I wasn’t sure that it was the book for me. I’m glad I gave it a try, though, because I really liked it. :) I felt sympathetic to the main character’s plight and the premise drew me in and kept my attention. It was cool to watch the different stories unfold. The writing was solid and easy to follow. The only thing that pulled me out of the story was where things got a bit repetitive during the middle, with the character asking himself (and others) ...more
Emerald Barnes
This book had my attention and held it! It follows Zeke Clay who has a terrible day when it first begins: quitting school, losing his girlfriend, and getting laid off of work. He has no where to go until he gets a mysterious letter and a summons to a lawyer's office.

Deciding he's got nothing to lose, he drives from Texas to Colorado. What he finds there is a something that wasn't expected - an inheritance from a man who claims to be his Uncle (with a few greats attached). But there is one condi
Elena Love
At the beginning,Zeke's life goes from bad to worse.He loses everything in a day and he has nowhere to go.Then,he gets a phone call from a lawyer,saying something about the death of an uncle he never knew existed.He was his only relative and he has to go to Colorado and attend the reading of his will.His uncle left him an inheritance he can claim,only by breaking the family curse and resolving the loss of true love.Zeke doesn't know what to do or who to trust.He needs to make his decision and he ...more
Lynn Worton
This is an intriguing story that hooked me from the first page! I loved it!

Zeke Clay is a very likeable character, who has not had the best of luck in his life. He is a very honest and honourable man. I liked him very much!

This is a fantastic gothic Christian paranormal mystery/suspense novel! I must admit that I am not an overly religious person (although I do believe that there is a higher power "out there", watching over us), so I was a bit worried about whether this book would be "preachy".
Kristy Centeno
I really wasn’t sure what direction the story was taking me at first, but I was drawn to Zeke from the beginning so I continued reading. For some reason, I felt connected to this character and as I delved further into the storyline I realized how likable he really is.
Everything falls apart for poor ole Zeke and I actually felt so bad for him. He’s standing there, wondering what’s going to happen next, what direction his life is going to take, where tomorrow is going to bring for him. He’s utterl
Amber
The Wishing Well Curse is a beautifully haunting story of the pain of love lost and the courage of one to find it again. The hope that flows through the pages of this book completely overpowers the loss and pain seen throughout. This is one story whose faith and love will unlock and overflow the hidden parts of your heart with an indescribable love and an unfaltering faith.

Through a series of seemingly random events, Zeke, our unlikely hero, seems to have his life completely dismantled before hi
Beverly
Zeke Clay couldn't have had a worse day. He lost his job, his girlfriend was unfaithful, he had fallen behind in his studies as an EMT and had to quit. A person driving in front of him left the road, submerged in a slimy pit of mud. Zeke dove into the sludge, pulled the unconscious driver out, and performed CPR when he couldn't find a pulse. Once rescue units arrived, he discovered the guy was the man with whom his ex had cheated. He packed his bags to leave town, not really certain where he was ...more
Sheila Hollinghead
This is one of those stories that many of us love--the uncle dies and leaves a fortune to his nephew who has fallen on hard times. This comes at an opportune moment for Zeke who has lost his girlfriend, job, and college plans within a matter of days.

And, as is often the case with this type of story, there's a catch. Before the nephew Zeke can claim his inheritance, he must destroy the wishing well curse.

This is a story with an intriguing mystery and interesting characters, including ghosts. This
Samantha Martin
The Wishing Well Curse is an inspirational story that takes the reader into a world of lost relatives, family curses, faith , and love. Zeke has hit rock bottom. He has lost everything. Then out of the blue a lawyer calls him and say he has been given an inheritance from an Uncle he has never met. When Zeke hears the conditions of the inheritance, he thinks that he has entered crazyville. In order to inherit he has to back a curse and restore true love. No pressure…

Zeke is such a wonderful chara
Mikki _At_A Bookish Escape
My Review:

The Wishing Well Curse by Lynn Donovan was a pleasant surprise! I had an idea of what this story was going to be about once I read the blurb. This story completely took me by surprise and went into another direction and I loved it!

Zeke is lost. Every single person that he loved is now gone. When everything goes wrong, one letter from a Law firm changes his life for the better. His uncle who suddenly passed away, leaves all his fortune to Zeke. To get his inheritance, he has to break t
a_tiffyfit
Review to come.
Zeke Clay's adventure starts with crazy events: his girlfriend cheats on him, although there wasn't anything wrong in the relationship or signals to indicate so in his mind. He gets fired/laid off from his job. And...as they say bad things happens in threes: he witnesses an auto accident and the guy he ends up rescuing from drowning in the crash is none other than the guy his girlfriend just cheated with.

Yeah, crappy day to the say the least.

When everything seems like it's fall
Jennifer McMurrain
Lynn Donovan writes a book full of mystery, spirituality, and paranormal activity. She leaves you guessing throughout the novel and you can't help but root for Zeke and an end to a curse. This novel can stand on it's own but you'll want to read the 2nd book in the series immediately. Great job, Donovan. Will definitely be reading more from this author.
Katie Shabdue
I was quite surprised by how much I like this book! This is not just paranormal but Christian Paranormal. I'm not very good at reviews but trust me when I say you will find this to have a lovely happy ending!
Jillian
So poorly written I couldn't even finish it.

Giving it two stars just in case it got better after chapter three.
Jill
Really enjoyed this paranormal story!
Victoria Newman
Is a great book to read
Jenna Pridgen
The Wishing Well Curse is a well-written, fast-paced book that will keep you wanting more! It starts off with Zeke Clay having his world fall apart around him. Then a new world unlocks before his very eyes that leads him to the truth of his heritage. Lynn Donovan did a great job in creating a world where the unseen can be seen while a life changes.

Jenna Kay Pridgen, Author of Eternity and The Seer Society
CNickerson
Good Christian novel

I liked the premise of the book, and, as a Christian, I liked the spiritual elements. Although I liked the book very much, I didn't think the writing was polished enough to justify 5 stars.
Melissa Lee
I really enjoyed this first book by Lynn Donovan. The characters were well developed and the story had a great pace. If you are a fan of happy endings, you will love this book. I could see and feel every scene.
Kyre B.
I won this book through a goodreads giveaway.

Lynn Donovan did an amazing job. Her book, The Wishing Well Curse, was well-written, and I could hardly put the book down. I really enjoyed it!
Connie Hendryx
I really enjoyed this, seeing the change in Zeke as he goes through the book. Interesting way to weave the 'paranormal' into a christian book. Would love to live on the estate as described!!!!
Kathleen Tyler
AWESOME STORY!

I loved the story. I didn't realize it involved spirituality and God but it was touching. This story made me believe in God, love and acceptance.
Lucy Mccarthy
Great book

Great book

loved the book.it was a very interesting story.I would highly recommend it. I wish it have been a much longer story.
  • Armored Hearts (Armored Hearts, #1)
  • Martyr's Fire (Merlin's Immortals, #3)
  • The Proof
  • Death is but a Dream
  • The Earth Painter (Painter, #1)
  • Girl Meets Underworld (Girl Meets Underworld, #1)
  • Firewall (FBI: Houston, #1)
  • Marked for Vengeance (Alyx Rayer Chronicles, #1)
  • Blackbrooke
  • Provex City (The Lorne Family Vault, #1)
  • Dark Genesis (Dark Genesis, #1)
  • Gabriel Finley and the Raven's Riddle
  • The Goddess's Choice
  • Fearless: A Novel
  • Wildwood Creek (Moses Creek, #4)
  • Eyes of Honor: Training for Purity and Righteousness
  • Journey to Riverbend
  • Ruby's Fire
Lynn Donovan writes from her heart and her passion for Jesus Christ. She is a daughter, wife, mother of four and grandmother of seven who has five decades of experiences to draw from when creating her stories. She has published a collection of Short Stories, The Clockwork Dragon, and this novel with AltWitPress. She categorizes herself as the “sandwich generation” because she is caring for her mot ...more
More about Lynn Donovan...
Thorns of Betrayal The Clockwork Dragon