Start by marking “月刊少女野崎くん 1 [Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 1]” as Want to Read:
月刊少女野崎くん 1 [Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 1]

月刊少女野崎くん 1 [Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 1] (Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun #1)

4.41  ·  Rating Details ·  2,424 Ratings  ·  123 Reviews
Sakura Chiyo confesses to her crush, Nozaki-kun, but he mistakes her as a fan! Unable to convey her feelings, what happens when he invites her to his house? Find out in this hilarious series!
Published April 20th 2012 by スクウェア・エニックス

Be the first to ask a question about 月刊少女野崎くん 1 [Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 1]

Krishna *is a savvy evil overlord*
Throws over every shoujo manga trope ever.
Has a lot of bishies to boot.

Read it right now.
Ivon
May 17, 2015 Ivon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
11/10 would laugh again.
Mehsi
I watched the anime for this back when it aired, and I loved it! It had great characters, hilarious story, lots of references, and so much more! Then I heard about the manga being translated to English and I knew I just had to have it.

Now, it is finally here, and I really liked the manga. Though I have had the same problem I had with other manga that I read after I watched their anime and where the anime followed the manga closely. I just knew most of the jokes, and they fell flat now. They were
Selena
People who are familiar with manga, especially shoujo manga, will find this to be especially funny. This seems to just exist to turn shoujo stereotypes and cliches on their heads. It is self-aware and genre savvy, and you can tell that Tsubaki-sensei had a good time with it.

"Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun" is a 4-koma style comic. For those not in the know, this means a 4-panel comic that is typically humorous, kind of like those found in American newspapers. Other popular series that are 4-koma incl
Dini
Mar 05, 2016 Dini rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, favorites
Inilah bacaan saya akhir-akhir ini kalau lagi nggak pengen mikir. Awalnya sempat ragu karena komik ini pakai format 4-koma (4 kotak per halaman). Emang bisa seru ya kalau terus-terusan cuma 4 kotak? Eh ternyata kocaknya gila, seisi komik karakternya nggak ada yang beres. Terjemahannya juga kreatif. Saya lihat ada beberapa review yang bilang lebih seru animenya, tapi kok menurut saya sebaliknya ya? Saya baru nonton beberapa episode, tapi mungkin karena mengadopsi 4-koma ke bentuk anime jadi teras ...more
Aoi
Aug 04, 2016 Aoi rated it really liked it
Reading Progress : 7 Volumes / 79 Chapters

So entertaining and thoroughly funny! This is one shoujo manga that doesn't rely on romance or cheap humour to keep the pace going. In fact, most of the humour relies on its sense of meta. The gang's attempts to 'reconstruct' all the manga tropes in real life are so darn hilarious.

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki kun is dependent on its ensemble cast of characters; and at 7 volumes, the secrets are just coming out one -by- one from the woodworks.

Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
This is probably going to be my new favorite. Anyway, this sounded good and it has some funny moments. The art I think is my favorite. I'm looking forward to read more from this series.
Anastasia Antonova
Nov 17, 2015 Anastasia Antonova rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, manga
Просто разрыв шаблона) Невероятный стёб над жанрами.
Манга поднимает настроение просто неимоверно. В отличии от аниме тут все не так затянуто.
Benjamin
Oct 20, 2016 Benjamin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016, manga
So hilarious, it has been a while since I've laughed so hard because of book! I'm glad that I took a chance on this series.
Alexa
Jan 11, 2016 Alexa rated it it was ok
Status: DNF @ Chapter 2.

I absolutely and completely adore the anime based on this series. It's fluffy and funny and it pretty much makes fun of all the tropes of the high school romance genre.

Which is why it pains me that I didn't like the manga. It's not that it's bad, quite the contrary, it seems to be just as good as the anime. But it's written in 4-panel style (commonly called Yonkoma) which makes the story feel choppy... it just seems to be better in anime form.

So now I need to wait for a
Dazz Ross
Jul 23, 2016 Dazz Ross rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
It's odd to go from the anime series of this to the manga, because the manga is done in four-panel strips rather than in full chapters. That aside, this may not be as funny compared to the anime, but there were still some parts that made me chuckle or laugh out loud. Also, I rediscovered some of my favorite moments from the anime, since it's been almost 2 years since I've watched it. XD

So with that said, I'm continuing onward with this manga series, because I adored the anime, plus every charact
Feliza Casano
Readers or viewers familiar with manga tropes will definitely recognize the characters by visual cues -- Mikoshiba is a very typical shoujo manga bad-boy, and Kashima is a very typical shoujo manga "princely girl" type, complete with fangirls. The best thing about Nozaki-kun, however, is the way the manga subverts the tropes and makes the characters much more real.

Read the full review at Girls in Capes.
Yue
May 11, 2016 Yue rated it really liked it
Very funny. At first I thought it was a story without any sense, but eventually I loved it. Gag manga, and the characters are all amusing and a bit crazy. I like that each page has it own title. Completely ridiculous, I was laughing several times due the parody of stuff like: girls game, BL, jealousy, being a mangaka, etc.

Kashima is like the female version of Tamaki from OHSC... only more mainly XD
Devin (Mostly Manga)
This is a manga you could read over and over again and never tire from it. Take a break from the plot heavy stuff and read Nozaki-kun for the pure comedy. Some of the jokes may fly over your head if you arent an avid reader of manga, though. I'm not sure. This is one of the funniest things I've ever read so I recommend this to everyone.
Felita Hardigaloeh
awalnya baca ini gara2 pernah baca Oresama Teacher, karya Izumi san lainnya, yg sampai sekarang belum tamat bacanya, krn menuruktu kepanjangan cerita...

tapi karayanya yg ini, yg dibikin pendek2..lebih enak negeliatnya

dan berhubung katanya seri ini lumayan lucu, jadi lah kubaca
Amy
Jun 23, 2015 Amy rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015-reads
I used to not wanting to try this manga at all, because the art style didn't really attracts me on the first impression. After reading Bakuman, I've decided to give it a try. It was hilarious! Nozaki-kun is a shojou mangaka and he is so oblivous with Chiyo's affection towards him!! Haha!!
Charoula
Mar 01, 2015 Charoula rated it it was amazing
I laughed a great deal while reading this...
What is more, it taught it me that being oblivious can bring bliss upon someone. However, it tortures those around them.
Totally recommending it, if you want some fun time and a light read!
Elsa
Jun 15, 2016 Elsa rated it it was amazing
I love it! Puedo releerlo mil veces y reirme como si fuese la primera vez que lo leo.
Cassandra
Apr 05, 2015 Cassandra rated it it was amazing
This is so adorable! I really liked the anime and the manga is even better. :)
Sinta Nisfuanna
Koplak. Temanya tentang perjuangan komikus, sama dengan Bakuman, tapi Shojo Nozaki diceritakan dengan mengambil sisi lucu. Bedanya dengan Bakuman, Shojo sudah menjadi komikus komik shojo, yaitu komik cewek yang selalu ditunggu-tunggu oleh editor dan pembacanya. Proses pembuatan komik serta pencarian dan riset karakter menjadi latar kelucuan-kelucuannya. Meski gak semuanya, beberapa komik dengan format 4 kotak per halaman ini ternyata berhasil membuat tertawa.

Awalnya, Chiyo Sakura yang naksir de
Rod Brown
I got the first four volumes of this from the local library and banged through them pretty quickly. Each chapter is a series of four-panel gag strips, which is a little off-putting, but the humor is pretty consistent and had me laughing out loud at least once per volume. I'll pick up future volumes.
Heather Love
Nov 26, 2016 Heather Love rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
A bit of fun and fluff. I don't normally care for the gag-style mange, but this was so absurd and over the top, I was giggling despite myself! A new favorite.
Cami
Nov 29, 2016 Cami rated it it was amazing
LISTEN, DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND READ THIS INCREDIBLE MANGA, OR WATCH THE ANIME BECAUSE THIS IS GREAT AND I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING !!
Kimmie
I'd never laughed so hard reading a manga. It turns the shoujo genre on it's head. There's a bit of awkwardness and hard to believe moments, but that's what turns on the funny.
Sarah Sammis
I prefer the anime.
Alyson
Dec 02, 2016 Alyson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-books, manga
So funny!
Erin
A very funny, and often times cute look at manga writing.
Rattanasorn Aunchit
Nov 24, 2016 Rattanasorn Aunchit rated it it was amazing
Overly Kawaii comic comics.
Cate (The Professional Fangirl)
It's as laugh out loud funny as the anime.

TOMODAAAAA~~~~ㅠ.ㅠ
  • Barakamon, Volume 01
  • My Neighbor Seki, Vol. 1
  • 私がモテてどうすんだ 1 [Watashi ga Motete Dousunda 1]
  • ハイキュー!! 1 [High Kyuu!! 1] (Haikyuu!!, #1)
  • 銀の匙 Silver Spoon 1 [Gin no Saji Silver Spoon 1]
  • Love at Fourteen, Vol. 1 (Love at Fourteen, #1)
  • ホリミヤ 1 (Horimiya #1)
  • My Love Story!!, Vol. 1
  • Sakamichi No Apollon: 1
  • 山田くんと7人の魔女 2 [Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo 2] (Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches, #2)
  • Princess Jellyfish, Tome 1
  • ゆかりズム 1 (Yukarism, #1)
  • Beelzebub, band 3 (Beelzebub, #3)
  • オレん家のフロ事情 [Orenchi no Furo Jijou] 1 (Merman in My Tub, #1)
  • 暁のヨナ 1 [Akatsuki no Yona 1]
  • ワンパンマン 6 [Wanpanman 6] (Onepunch-Man, #6)
  • The Ancient Magus' Bride, Vol. 1 (魔法使いの嫁 / The Ancient Magus' Bride, #1)