Start by marking “A Timeless Romance Anthology: Autumn Collection” as Want to Read:
A Timeless Romance Anthology: Autumn Collection

A Timeless Romance Anthology: Autumn Collection (A Timeless Romance Anthology)

3.73  ·  Rating Details  ·  264 Ratings  ·  46 Reviews
Six Award-Winning Authors have contributed new stories to A Timeless Romance Anthology: Autumn Collection. Readers will love this collection of six romantic suspense novellas, all with one thing in common: Romance.

In Heather Horrocks’ charming story, A Hound Dog Named Elvis, interior designer, Kaitlin Hartley returns to her hometown of Aspen Grove, California, to the job o
ebook
Published August 2nd 2013 by Mirror Press (first published July 31st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about A Timeless Romance Anthology, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Timeless Romance Anthology

Katie W
Aug 05, 2013 Katie W rated it it was amazing
I am a big fan of romantic suspense and these are some of my favorite authors!! I love how these are little bite-sized stories that are just enough to satisfy a reader. Of course, I would love it if all of them were full-length novels, but they were well developed and were great as they were.

It's a lot of fun to read the works of different authors because their styles are similar, yet so different and that becomes very apparent with the mystery and suspense elements added. They each have a uniq
Jacob Proffitt
Sep 15, 2015 Jacob Proffitt rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, mystery, lds, chaste
I don't read a ton of short stories, and rating them is a pain (more on that below). But when offered a chance to read this for review, I snapped it up. Romance is always a draw and I've come to appreciate the blend with mystery/suspense.

I'll go through the stories individually and then pull it together for the whole below.

A Hound Dog Named Elvis by Heather Horrocks - 2 stars

The weakest of the stories, which makes me wonder why it's leading the anthology off. The relationship was weak, the heroi
Julie
Sep 03, 2013 Julie rated it liked it
This is a hard one to review because of the range of stories in the anthology. Each story had some great characters that I could relate to, and there were some fun settings from small towns to New York City. There was also a pretty wide range of stories, from crazed stalkers, to the mystery of a letter's owner.

I liked some stories more than others, but I had a bit of a hard time with the pace of most of them. I wonder if a novella just isn't enough pages to really build suspense because there w
Lisa
Nov 21, 2015 Lisa rated it did not like it
Only Sarah M. Eden's story was worth reading in this book. The first story was pleasant and predictable enough until the author got into making light of mental health issues. The last story also included a conflict involving a person with mental health issues that were unrealistically portrayed, as well as way too much time spent trying to describe the female protagonist's physical, romantic reactions to a guy she's hated until about fifteen minutes ago. The second story was a waste of time, and ...more
Heather
Aug 01, 2013 Heather rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This collection is a bit different than the other romance anthologies. These novellas have suspense or mystery in them. I love Heather Horrocks' clever Elvis references in A HOUND DOG NAMED ELVIS. This novella is suspenseful, funny at times, and romantic... doesn't get much better than that.

Stephanie Black's EYE FOR AN EYE is deliciously creepy. Beginning with a false drug accusation, the plot escalates until you aren't sure if the heroine is innocent or guilty. This is "classic Black"--if you'
Tarah
Aug 05, 2013 Tarah rated it really liked it
Novellas are always fun when you don't have a lot of time or energy to put into a novel. However, they are very dangerous when you start them and think, "Oh, I have time for a quick read." but there are five others complied with it and your "quick time" read turns into....well, longer than you were planning. For some reason my family never thanks me for this. Go figure.

The Autumn Anthology is comprised of 6 novellas. Here are my thoughts on what I read.

A Hound Dog Named Elvis - Heather Horrocks

Y
Lindzee Armstrong
Oct 18, 2013 Lindzee Armstrong rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013
How have I not read any of these anthologies yet? I absolutely loved this collection! As a busy mom, I've found my reading time severely limited in the last few years. That made this collection absolutely perfect for me to read! Each story is a bite-size dose of romance with a dash of suspense thrown in. I loved that I could read each story start to finish in an hour or less.

Some of the stories were heavier on the romance, others heavier on the suspense. I was impressed with how each author was
adrkhuntr Gold
Decent Anthology

I love the timeless romance anthology series and that they choose a new theme each time, however in this anthology it became more than clear that some of the authors had to really try hard to make their contribution fit the suspense category. For that reason this anthology fell flat. Having said that, if it had just been any old unconnected anthology most all the stories would get at least a 4 out of 5 star rating.
Nov 26, 2013 Laura rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this anthology. It took me forever to finish the first story because I HATE Elvis and although the story was super cute, the references and quotes of Elvis sayings, songs, and movies really turned me off. If the dogs were named anything else (Romeo and Juliet, Antony and Cleopatra, heck call them Rachel and Ross) I would have given the story great reviews.
The remaining stories were spot on. Stephanie Black's Eye for Eye was great. I guessed "who done it" early one, but it was a
Cheryl
Sep 18, 2013 Cheryl rated it really liked it
Shelves: lds-authors
I generally prefer a full length novel to a novella. I kept hearing about these "Timeless Romance Anthologies" though and decided to give the "Autumn Collection" a try. I wasn't disappointed.

I was most excited to read "First Heist" by Heather B. Moore. This story is about Omar and Mia, the main characters from Moore's recent novel "Finding Sheba." In "First Heist" they meet and fall in love. It was so fun to learn more about these characters and this part of their story. I look forward to learni
Cathy
Aug 30, 2013 Cathy rated it it was amazing
This book is so fun! I really enjoy the collections like these, because the stories are short and manageable, not to mention the best authors are writing them! I really loved how each of these stories had a mystery that would need to be figured out in them. From the crazy Omar Zagouri to Sarah M Eden's beautiful letter mystery, they each worked and complimented each other. And of course, every one of them had plenty of romance. I really enjoyed seeing characters in here that I was already famili ...more
Gayle
Aug 10, 2013 Gayle rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books, read-in-2013
4.5 stars. Another wonderful collection of short stories by some of my favorite authors! While I didn't like this collection overall as much as some of the others (the Summer Wedding collection is still my favorite), it has some great stories. The stories range from fairly intense and suspenseful to a cozy, gentle mystery with no danger in sight. I've really enjoyed all the timeless romance collections!
Kathy ~ Bookworm Nation
This ended up being a little different than I was expecting. Overall, I enjoyed all the stories and thought it was a fun read. Probably not my favorite of the Timeless Anthologies, but still worth reading. Some were a little more suspenseful than others, but each had their own mystery involved.

Content: Clean.
Cheri
Aug 05, 2013 Cheri rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
This is a little different then the other books in the collection-this is a suspense/romance. My favorites were by Sarah Eden and Stephanie Black. A quick read. A couple of the stories I just couldn't get into. I almost gave this a three star rating, but really enjoyed Sarah Eden and Stephanie Black.

Melissa
Sep 04, 2013 Melissa rated it really liked it
This was my favorite of the Romance Anthologies so far. I really enjoyed a couple of these stories. As with any anthology, some pieces are much better than others, but overall it was a fun read.
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Oct 11, 2013 Aimee (Getting Your Read On) rated it really liked it
I loved these short stories. All of them. Read them one at a time when you can grab a few minutes or read them all at once. (like me) Great authors and fun characters.
Paige
Aug 24, 2013 Paige rated it really liked it
Overall this was just a fun little read. Some stories were lacking... but overall good. The best ones were by Sarah Eden and Stephanie Black.
Brooke -Brooke's Books
Aug 13, 2013 Brooke -Brooke's Books rated it really liked it
An Anthology filled with mystery and action!

Cheryal
Aug 25, 2013 Cheryal rated it really liked it
It was okay. 4 of the 5 stories were mystery and suspense type novellas. The first one was really weak and beyond fluff.
Lisa Paskins
Dec 28, 2013 Lisa Paskins rated it really liked it
A Timeless Romance Anthology: Autumn Collection

I recently had the opportunity to review this volume of 6 separate novellas. Though I do tend to favor longer novels this was a great taste treat of 6 authors. The beauty of a volume like this is each story is just long enough to be an escape from the pressures of your everyday life. An excellent gift for anyone with a cramped lifestyle that doesn’t allow for long periods of un-interrupted reading.

In “A hound dog named Elvis” by Heather Horrocks you
Karlene Browning
Aug 24, 2013 Karlene Browning rated it really liked it
Some of the stories I thought were 5 stars. Others were less interesting to me.
Aug 29, 2013 Laura rated it really liked it
Fun quick reads. I enjoyed the mystery aspect of these novellas.
Valerie
Sep 24, 2013 Valerie rated it really liked it
Not my favorite of this collection but still a fun read.
Suzana
Aug 08, 2013 Suzana rated it really liked it
I especially enjoyed Sarah's and Annette's stories.
Nicole
Jun 04, 2014 Nicole rated it really liked it
(Received a copy from one of the authors to review.)

I rounded this up from 3.5 stars to give it a 4 on here, as an overall rating. I liked some of these stories a lot more than others and some were just okay, so that's why it's not a solid 4 stars. However, still a fun, light, entertaining, clean read.

A Hound Dog Named Elvis: Fun, extremely cheesy, light romance that looks to be part of a series with some of the same characters by this author. There are Elvis quotes at the beginning of each chap
Ranee Clark
Jan 07, 2014 Ranee Clark rated it it was amazing
Audience: Adult (Clean)
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Length: 305 pgs

Rating: ***** (FANtastic book!)

Review: Have I mentioned before that one of the things I love about the TRAs is that I get to discover new authors along with enjoying my favorites. The break-out of this set, for me? Stephanie Black's "Eye for an Eye." I raced through reading that one. Fantastic. I was so frustrated with some of the characters, but in that good, I'm-really-into-this-book way. My other tops were Sarah Eden's (shocker!) a
Rachel Devaughn
Oct 30, 2013 Rachel Devaughn rated it it was amazing
**A Hound Dog Named Elvis: Cute story with Kaitlin and Joshua and their two dogs. Obviously the author/characters in this book love Elvis. It was cute but not one of my favorite stories.

**Eye for an Eye: This was intriguing-I really enjoyed this one about Mallory and her struggles and being accused of drugs by her family.

**In First Heist: LOVED this one because it has the same characters (Omar and Mia) from Finding Sheba and Beneath. Thrilling mystery read!!

**Letter for Two: I love the Sophia
Miss Clark
Feb 23, 2016 Miss Clark rated it it was ok
Shelves: the-bog
Kathleen Kirby Vallejo
These were some pretty lame short stories. The first one was awful and the one about the spies was also horribly written. Really the only one I liked was the one by Sarah Eden. I was really disappointed with this one.
Kami Reeve
Jun 24, 2014 Kami Reeve rated it liked it
Some of these short stories are better than others. My maiden name is Simmons. Imagine my surprise when one of the characters was from Boise and named Kami Simmons. Kinda freaked me out....
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: European Collection
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: All Regency Collection
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: California Dreamin' Collection
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: Silver Bells Collection
  • All I Want
  • Under the Mistletoe Collection (A Timeless Romance Anthology Book 14)
  • Esther the Queen
  • My Sweetheart (Love and Dessert Trilogy, #3)
  • The Fortune Cafe (A Tangerine Street Romance)
  • Painting Kisses
  • A Change of Plans (Safe Harbors #1)
I’m an author who had a somewhat unorthodox upbringing. I was raised in South America and the Middle East, and wrote my first stories as a teenager in Kuwait, where my sister and I proved it really is hot enough to fry an egg on the sidewalk. I wrote my first novel in three months on a typewriter when I was 21, I used every romance cliché possible (including amnesia — need I say more?), and never ...more
More about Heather Horrocks...

A Timeless Romance Anthology (2 books)
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: Mail Order Bride Collection