Start by marking “His Southern Temptation (The Boys are Back in Town, #2)” as Want to Read:
His Southern Temptation (The Boys are Back in Town, #2)

His Southern Temptation (The Boys Are Back in Town #2)

His Southern Temptation (The Boys are Back in Town Series) by Robin Covington

Some women are bad. Some women are a bad idea. The best ones are both...

As a Black Ops assassin, "Lucky" Landon has had more than his fair share of close calls. Now he's turned in his sniper rifle for the simple life of his small hometown. So the last thing he ever expected was to end up at gunpoi
Published April 1st 2013 by Entangled: Indulgence

To ask other readers questions about His Southern Temptation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Southern Temptation

Seducing Cinderella by Gina L. MaxwellFighting for Irish by Gina L. MaxwellRules of Entanglement by Gina L. MaxwellFighting Destiny by Amelia HutchinsHard as It Gets by Laura Kaye
Covergasms!
1,121 books — 919 voters
The Marriage Bargain by Jennifer ProbstHoliday Affair by Annie SeatonItalian Affair by Annie SeatonBlackmailed by the Italian Billionaire by Nina CroftThe Boss’s Fake Fiancee by Inara Scott
Indulgence Collection
73 books — 199 voters

More lists with this book...

Kathleen

Romance Rating 5 Stars
Heat Level 3.5 Stars
Story Ending Rating 4 Stars
Overall Rating 4.5 Stars

This was my first read by author Robin Covington and also the second book in The Boys are Back in Town series. Coming into a new series and reading book 2 first, worried me a bit, but I soon realized that it didn’t matter at all, because this book can be easily read as stand-alone.

This book captured m
Kimberly Kincaid
Mar 15, 2013 Kimberly Kincaid rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to read an ARC of this book and it has all the sexy sizzle of the first in the series! If you're looking for intrigue, well-drawn sexual tension and smokin' hot bedroom scenes that make that tension worthwhile, you're in the right place with this book. Loved Lucky and Taylor!
Lucky has spent years serving his country, first as a marine and then as a black ops specialist, he has seen and done horrific things and now he's ready to return home and take over the family farm. He is looking for peace but he also wants to settle down and marry the woman of his dreams. Taylor is his best friend's little sister and therefore should be off limits but the two of them have been secret on and off partners for years. They've always had great chemistry but the time has never been r ...more
Marulett
Buddy read with Sarah

A series with sexy southern boys?? Sign me up!!

I was looking forward to reading the second book in the series and it was soooo worth the wait!!!

I really enjoyed this book, but sometimes wanted to smack Taylor for not growing a pair earlier on the story!! Poor Lucky he had to wait for this HEA!!

Marian
Mar 15, 2013 Marian rated it it was amazing
From the first sentence to the last page I couldn't put this book down. If it's even possible Robin Covington outdid herself. Both characters Lucky and Taylor have you cheering for them to get together. My only disappointment the book ended and now I have to wait awhile for the next one in the series. Keep them coming!
Cocktails and Books
Apr 10, 2013 Cocktails and Books rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cnb-reviewers
His Southern Temptation manages to be a sweet romance with liberal hot, steamy sex in multiple locations and a good measure of suspense. You will absolutely fall in love with these characters. David ""Lucky"" Landon is a former special-ops Marine that has returned to his hometown to take over the family farm. He is staying at the home of one of his best friends when he is awakened by the sound of a bullet being chambered near his head. He disarms the person and finds Mary-Taylor Elliott. Lucky a ...more
Pat
Mar 15, 2013 Pat rated it it was amazing

When I turned the last page of this book, the thought that ran through my head was " What a beautiful love story". There's very hot sex, heartbreak, danger , and anger. But the love between these two damaged people pulled me in.

Taylor Elliott is Teague Elliott's sister. We met Teague in the first novel by Ms. Covington. A Night of Southern Comfort. We also met the rest of The Boys, but this is David ( Lucky) Landon's story. Taylor is known best around town for her escape from her own wedding, by
Eryn LaPlant
Apr 08, 2013 Eryn LaPlant rated it it was amazing
I found Robin Covington on Twitter and as always, I check out what the books of the authors I follow have written. Sometimes I like them, sometimes I can't even get through but then on the rare occasion I find a book that I just fall in love with. His Southern Temptation is one of those. I read Ms. Covington's previous book, A Night in Southern Comfort and enjoyed it immensely. I missed her characters when I was finished, so much so that I tweeted her and asked when her next book was out. Her re ...more
amy
An honest review due to being given an ARC from the publisher. Okay so honestly it was just not my cup of tea. And I don't even blame the writer's skills or abilities for this it's not something that I should have picked up for myself to read which is something I found out halfway through out the novel. It's got a guy named Lucky which annoys me to no end and a TON of Southern charm. This makes me wonder two things: 1. do I just hate southern charm or 2. do I think that the writer laid in that s ...more
Pamela
Mar 29, 2013 Pamela rated it it was amazing
What a great book, loved it. David "Lucky" Langdon is now out of the marines and is home to help his parents by buying the farm and settling down. Taylor is back in town for three weeks to help her brother clean and pack family home. Teague is Taylor's brother. Jack is Lucky's friend.

What a way for Lucky and Taylor to meet again. She's holding a gun on him, he's waiting for a chance to take her. Of course the house is dark and it takes a few minutes to realize who they are.

Then the love angle Lu
Lenore (Biblliolatry Me!)
Sadly, I did not like this book as much as I wanted to and skimmed parts. I just did not like Taylor. I hate when I am rooting for my hero to get a new woman, a better woman, a woman worth his effort and especially worth his body. Lucky has bedded plenty of women, including Taylor. But for him, Taylor was never grouped into his one night stands. He seemed to know somewhere in the back of his mind that he wanted more from Taylor. But she has been unwilling and incapable of true intimacy. That is ...more
Willa
Apr 08, 2013 Willa rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
His Southern Temptation is a fun read, but what really makes it special is Robin Covington's superb writing. She puts you right into the first scene, where you happily stay until you get to "The End" and start pining for the next book. Her Boys are Back series is on my auto-buy list, and should be on yours.
Roz ~ My Written Romance
Oh my. The sequel was just as good as the original.
Kara
May 10, 2013 Kara rated it really liked it
I love this, though I thought I won't.

If Jackson made me spazz like hell, here comes Lucky making me cry damn hard. . .now, I am so EXCITED of ELLIOT. *v*
Ashley
Mar 17, 2013 Ashley rated it it was amazing
Absolutely awesome! Lucky and Taylor were just the couple that I needed read about! Their love affair over the past years built up to this amazing book. Cannot wait to read about the next two boys!!!
Danielle
Apr 16, 2013 Danielle rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this one. I like the author's voice and I loved the chemistry between the h/h. Looking forward to reading more from this author.
Sunny
Mar 31, 2013 Sunny rated it really liked it
3.5 Robin Covington does such a great job creating a fun and interesting grip of characters. I really enjoyed this bit of Southern style story. It is hot and heartbreaking.
Jennifer (random jendsmit)
Mar 26, 2013 Jennifer (random jendsmit) rated it really liked it
Shelves: upcoming-reviews
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so sweet

I want a Lucky Landon <3

review to come
Maryann Hawkins
Apr 14, 2013 Maryann Hawkins rated it it was amazing
What can i say but hot wow amazing ..phenomenal.. smoking ...the book has it all sex smiles danger and everyday problems all wrapped up into a well written package ..cant wait for the sequels
Mary Jo Burke
Jul 07, 2013 Mary Jo Burke rated it it was amazing
Lucky and Taylor are a hot couple! This is a great continuing series!
Stephanie
Mar 30, 2013 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
HIS SOUTHERN TEMPTATION: Love, Dreams and Danger Abound!

Original Post: http://fangswandsandfairydust.blogspo...

Her:
Not being who people expect you to be, under pressure.
Being a smart, uninhibited woman who doesn't want to repeat her mother's mistakes, under pressure.

Him:
Escaping an elite soldier's past of having a job you can't tell anyone about, ever.
Embodying loyalty and giving everything you've got on and off the front lines.

Peanut Butter Pie
Peanut Butter Pie (Photo credit: Big Grey Mare)
In
Marlene
Apr 20, 2013 Marlene rated it really liked it
Originally published at Reading Reality

Lucky Landon and Taylor Elliott meet again at gunpoint. Not that they haven't met before in various compromising positions--this is just the first time that firearms have been involved.

And the first time they've entertained the possibility of hooking up in their home town. A typical small Southern home town where everybody knows everybody's business the second there's a whisper in the air.

A place they've both steered well clear of from the moment they were
Jessica
Apr 02, 2013 Jessica rated it really liked it
Shelves: blog-review
I’m a big fan of lovers reunited and when I came across the opportunity to review Robin Covington’s His Southern Temptation, I couldn’t resist. I haven’t read the first book in the series, A Night of Southern Comfort, and while I don’t think it’s necessary to read it before reading His Southern Temptation, I think it would help because you’ll be familiar with a lot of the characters mentioned. That being said, His Southern Temptation, is a good a standalone book.

Like any person growing up in a s
FicTalk Blog
Aug 12, 2013 FicTalk Blog rated it liked it
Eek! I can't believe I forgot to review His Southern Temptation! When Entangled contacted me about reviewing His Southern Temptation I jumped at the chance.

I started reading on my Kindle at work in the break room during my lunch. While reading the first paragraph I tried not to choke on my food and laugh out loud. I immediately grabbed my phone and took a picture of my Kindle and sent it to Lisa. In the text I told her I had found the best opening paragraph of any book ever.

That's golden right t
Autumn (Fic Talk)
Apr 03, 2013 Autumn (Fic Talk) rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, arc, read-in-2013

That's golden right t
Jenn
May 25, 2013 Jenn rated it it was amazing
Holy smokiness! T his book is hot! I can just feel the attraction, heat and sparks coming off these two characters! Robin Covington does a wonderful job captivating me throughout the entire book. It was nice and steamy, always filled with some sort of drama. It was swoon-worthy and at some parts heartbreaking.

Taylor Elliot left her hometown and started a new life for herself all the way across the country. Now she is back home for a few weeks, wrapping up a few family matters, getting her money,
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Rhayne‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Review copy provided for an honest review.

4 STARS

Robin Covington has once again given us a book with unforgettable lovable characters mixed with a side of suspense. I love her beautiful, yet very original writing style. She really has the ability to portray her characters emotions from an intimate perspective.

Lucky and Taylor are explosive together. They each have past demons that haunt their abilities to accept a future together, but they p
Lily (Night Owl Book Cafe)
I received this book from a publicist in exchange of an honest review.

“Lucky” Landon, is a former Black Ops assassin who is finally out of that business and is starting a new slate back at his small hometown. His sexy, smart, protective alpha male that made this book as indulgent as it sounded. The last thing Lucky expected was to end up at gunpoint or that the person at the end of the gun would be his best friends little sister Taylor Elliot, a girl who plagues his mind and up until now his on
Andrea
Apr 17, 2013 Andrea rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
His Southern Temptation was such a fun and sexy read! The story of a guy who falls for his best friend's sister is one of my very favorites. I loved that Lucky and Taylor already had a long history and an established relationship. This history has the story beyond the "getting to know you" phase and into the heart of the story, Lucky convincing Taylor to take a chance on love.

Lucky Landon is my favorite kind of book guy. He's sexy (of course!), but also a genuinely good guy who cares a lot for
Stephanie Collins
May 11, 2013 Stephanie Collins rated it really liked it
Lucky is in town to help a friend out with a missing person's case and to buy his family's farm so he can finally have somewhere to call home. He's blindsided by the appearance of his best friend's little sister and realizes this may be his last chance to make her his forever. They've always had a strong attraction and have acted on it many times over their past but he knows she doesn't want it to be anything other than scratching an itch. He is growly and possessive of her but at the same time ...more
  • Wilde Nights in Paradise (Wilde Security, #1)
  • Seven-Night Stand
  • Faking It
  • Skin in the Game (Play Action #1)
  • His Risk to Take (Line of Duty, #2)
  • Tempted by Trouble
  • Wife in Name Only
  • Flirting to Win (Flirting To Win, #1-3)
  • Kiss and Make Up
  • Kissing Kendall (Maritime City, #2)
  • Down and Dirty (Dare Me, #2)
  • The Wedding Gamble
  • Merger to Marriage (Boardrooms & Billionaires, #2)
  • Under the Covers (Maverick Montana, #2)
  • Crossing the Line (Battered Hearts, #3)
  • Italian Affair (Affair, #2)
  • Chasing Mrs. Right (Come Undone, #2)
  • When Honey Got Married
A USAToday bestseller, Robin Covington loves to explore the theme of fooling around and falling in love in her books. Her stories burn up the sheets. . .one page at a time. When she's not writing she's collecting tasty man candy, indulging in a little comic book geek love, hoarding red nail polish and stalking Chris Evans.

A 2016 RITA® Award nominee, Robin's books have won the Golden Leaf Award and
More about Robin Covington...

The Boys Are Back in Town (4 books)
  • A Night of Southern Comfort (The Boys are Back in Town, #1)
  • Sweet Southern Betrayal (The Boys are Back in Town, #3)
  • Southern Nights & Secrets (The Boys are Back in Town, #4)