Start by marking “Fakin' Eh!: How to Pretend to Be Canadian” as Want to Read:
Fakin' Eh!: How to Pretend to Be Canadian

Fakin' Eh!: How to Pretend to Be Canadian

3.1 of 5 stars 3.10  ·  rating details  ·  20 ratings  ·  5 reviews
For years the world has admired and feared the Canadian. We have been baffled by their enigmatic customs and bizzare rituals. Whether you are a potential immigrant, an armchair Canadian-ologist or an American who just wants to try passing as one of their northern neighbors, Fakin' Eh is the bluffer's guide to looking, acting and smelling Canadian.
Published March 1st 2007 by Folklore Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Fakin' Eh!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fakin' Eh!

Robert
This book's title really says it all; it is about how to pretend to be a Canadian. And it humorously does so. It starts with the basics, such as Canada's geography, giving a basic description of each province. It then moves into Canadian history, and ends with current affairs, such as money, sports, and the metric system. It gives enough information on each subject to make a person seem reasonably Canadian if you don't scratch the surface too deep.

The humor is pretty good, but the author has a
Nicole Johnson
I'm not going to lie, this was an extremely entertaining read. I'd give it a 4 star rating for being an overall enjoyable read (it was a little light on actual facts I felt... but more than made up for it in tongue-in-cheek sarcasm, hilarious spot-on characterizations of various political figures, and plenty of Alberta-based jokes!) Probably could be given another star if you consider the laughs it gave us on the ferry ride back from Victoria... Not bad for a random gift shop purchase, eh?
Heather Smith
Great book! Comical yet extremely informative. Enjoyable read. Easy, fun read. I was born in Canada & grew up in a border town on the US side so I really enjoyed this book because I kind of learned both the American and the Canadian "ways" growing up. I would recommend this book to anyone wanting to learn more about our amazing neighbors to the North!
Mary
A decent introduction to Canada based on content, but the humor is not that great. Actually, if you removed the "humor" it would be half as long and pretty handy. I'm American who's lived in Canada for a year, and while the info is spot-on, I don't think the humor meets the same mark.
Ward Anderson
Funny, frank, and honest. Actually more informative than most history lessons.
Jennifer is currently reading it
Apr 27, 2015
Maureen
Maureen marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2015
Dianeparant
Dianeparant marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
Stacey
Stacey marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Helen
Helen marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2014
Dai
Dai marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2013
Weird Canadian Places What Is Canada?: The Ultimate Canadian Quiz Book Canadian Top Ten Lists Weird Canada: Strange, Wacky, Bizarre & Absurd (Weird Canada)