Start by marking “Lewis Carroll: Alice in Wonderland, Through the Looking Glass, Hunting of the Snark, a Tangled Tale and Phantasmagoria” as Want to Read:

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  29 ratings  ·  4 reviews
These volumes represent each author's best and most famous writings. This finely crafted and affordable series offers the works of these world-renowned authors to a wider audience.
Includes "Alice in Wonderland, "The Hunting of the Snark, "Sylvie and Bruno, and "Through the Looking Glass.
Paperback
Published May 1st 2005 by Kessinger Publishing (first published 1944)

To ask other readers questions about Lewis Carroll, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lewis Carroll

David Brown
I finished Alice in Wonderland a few weeks ago, as well as Through the Looking Glass and "Phantasmagoria" and other works by Lewis Carroll in my little Wordsworth Classics book. I suppose Alice in Wonderland is a must-read, especially since its characters and situations are now so much a part of our culture. As for enjoyment, I would have to say that it was time well-spent: light and airy reading at cool German midnight with a few stars poking through the clouds and into my large, open bedroom w ...more
Kevin
I had been meaning to return to "Alice in Wonderland" and "Through the Looking Glass" for some time; upon reading them again, now, I found that my memory had betrayed me. To begin with, the two books are very different; "Alice" is manic and pun-crazy, while "Through the Looking Glass" has a more moderate pace and a stronger tether to the logic of the real world. What shone through most fully, for me at least, was the fact that these stories were written by Carroll for a particular young girl he ...more
Antonio Herrera
Just incredible, Can someone be so crazy and sane at the same time?, It is the only thing to say about this author and his writings. You should enjoy, no matter if are young or old.
Elzaffa
not so disney
Gaby Lizeth
Gaby Lizeth marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
Erin Speese
Erin Speese marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
Taoufiq Hebboul
Taoufiq Hebboul marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
Lou
Lou marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2015
Carrie
Carrie marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
sqrt2
sqrt2 marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Rebecca Kaplan
Rebecca Kaplan marked it as to-read
May 16, 2013
Igraine
Igraine marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2013
Swati
Swati marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
The Reverend Charles Lutwidge Dodgson, better known by the pen name Lewis Carroll, was an English author, mathematician, logician, Anglican clergyman and photographer.

His most famous writings are Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and its sequel Through the Looking-Glass as well as the poems "The Hunting of the Snark" and "Jabberwocky", all considered to be within the genre of literary nonsense.

Oxfo
More about Lewis Carroll...
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass Alice in Wonderland (Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, #1) Through the Looking-Glass, and What Alice Found There (Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, #2) Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Other Stories The Complete Stories and Poems