Start by marking “Lewis Carroll: Alice in Wonderland, Through the Looking Glass, Hunting of the Snark, a Tangled Tale and Phantasmagoria” as Want to Read:

These volumes represent each author's best and most famous writings. This finely crafted and affordable series offers the works of these world-renowned authors to a wider audience.
Includes "Alice in Wonderland, "The Hunting of the Snark, "Sylvie and Bruno, and "Through the Looking Glass.
Paperback
Published May 1st 2005 by Kessinger Publishing (first published 1944)

To ask other readers questions about Lewis Carroll, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lewis Carroll

David Brown
Nov 27, 2014 David Brown rated it really liked it
Shelves: classics, reviewed
I finished Alice in Wonderland a few weeks ago, as well as Through the Looking Glass and "Phantasmagoria" and other works by Lewis Carroll in my little Wordsworth Classics book. I suppose Alice in Wonderland is a must-read, especially since its characters and situations are now so much a part of our culture. As for enjoyment, I would have to say that it was time well-spent: light and airy reading at cool German midnight with a few stars poking through the clouds and into my large, open bedroom w ...more
Kevin
Oct 01, 2007 Kevin rated it really liked it
I had been meaning to return to "Alice in Wonderland" and "Through the Looking Glass" for some time; upon reading them again, now, I found that my memory had betrayed me. To begin with, the two books are very different; "Alice" is manic and pun-crazy, while "Through the Looking Glass" has a more moderate pace and a stronger tether to the logic of the real world. What shone through most fully, for me at least, was the fact that these stories were written by Carroll for a particular young girl he ...more
Antonio Herrera
Aug 13, 2013 Antonio Herrera rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just incredible, Can someone be so crazy and sane at the same time?, It is the only thing to say about this author and his writings. You should enjoy, no matter if are young or old.
Crystal Beck
Crystal Beck rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2012
Tom Webster
Tom Webster rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2014
Alix
Alix rated it it was amazing
Sep 20, 2007
Tiffany
Tiffany rated it it was amazing
Oct 13, 2009
Eric T
Eric T rated it really liked it
May 06, 2016
Joni Mccollum
Joni Mccollum rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2013
TLmyLXhd
TLmyLXhd rated it did not like it
Sep 14, 2012
Rachel Lewis
Rachel Lewis rated it it was amazing
Apr 05, 2010
Jesse
Jesse rated it really liked it
Sep 15, 2013
Bozzolan Federico
Bozzolan Federico rated it liked it
Nov 24, 2014
R.G.
R.G. rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2014
bookmouse
bookmouse rated it liked it
Aug 09, 2014
Frank Hestvik
Frank Hestvik rated it it was amazing
Sep 09, 2011
Klara Woodson
Klara Woodson rated it really liked it
Aug 10, 2013
Lauren Barrett
Lauren Barrett rated it really liked it
Mar 23, 2014
Josh Bunting
Josh Bunting rated it liked it
Feb 23, 2015
Rafael Gonçalves
Rafael Gonçalves rated it liked it
Nov 29, 2013
DM Coffman
DM Coffman rated it liked it
Jul 27, 2011
Esther Gaviria
muy tedioso, la verdad no me gusto. Me costo mucho terminar de leerlo.
Kenny
Kenny rated it it was amazing
Aug 05, 2012
Catherine
Catherine rated it it was amazing
Jun 23, 2014
Jeani66
Jeani66 rated it it was amazing
Nov 20, 2010
Paul
Paul rated it really liked it
Feb 17, 2013
Raven
Raven rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2010
Renaud refigio
Renaud refigio rated it it was amazing
Apr 05, 2011
Antonio José
Antonio José rated it liked it
Dec 21, 2015
The Reverend Charles Lutwidge Dodgson, better known by the pen name Lewis Carroll, was an English author, mathematician, logician, Anglican clergyman and photographer.

His most famous writings are Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and its sequel Through the Looking-Glass as well as the poems "The Hunting of the Snark" and "Jabberwocky", all considered to be within the genre of literary nonsense.

Oxfo
More about Lewis Carroll...