Start by marking “The Killing Game” as Want to Read:
The Killing Game

The Killing Game

Wildlife biologist Axelle Dehn isn’t about to let anyone harm her endangered snow leopards—not the poacher intent on killing them, nor the soldier who wants to use them as bait. But Axelle is unknowingly entangled in a conflict that stretches back three decades, a conflict that could spark a war between two of the world’s great nations.

British SAS soldier, Ty Dempsey, is
ebook
Published April 2013 by Toni Anderson (first published March 27th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Killing Game, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Killing Game

Lady Heather
5 shiny stars!

I absolutely loved this book!

The story was fast paced, and had not stop action right til the very end.
The author did a fabulous job of keeping the reader (me) engaged, and the ending had a wonderful twist I did not see coming.

(Kudos Ms. Anderson for the way you put all the puzzle pieces together at the end!)

I really enjoyed how the author brought the H/h together. Neither one of them trusted the other, and they seemed like the most unlikeliest of couples... but the chemistry/attra
Pamela(AllHoney)
Axelle Dehn is a Wildlife Biologist and currently on a project to help the endangered snow leopards. When it appears that something is going on with her collared leopards, Axelle rushes to the remote area in Afghanistan. There she finds evidence of poaching. Ty Dempsey is a British soldier on a special op in Afghanistan. He and his crew are sent after a Russian spy/terrorist.

Lots of action but still there was enough time spent on a nice romance. Wonderful characters, including the secondary ones
Sunny
There are a lot of good romantic suspense books, but it is not always easy to find a GREAT story. With the perfect balance of taut suspense and emotional tension, Toni Anderson delivers a truly fine read. The writing is finely honed, so crisp and detailed that it makes the mountains and valleys of Afghanistan come alive. There are so many unexpected turns that I was literally clenching my Kindle.

The two main characters are smart, strong-willed, and admirable. Each has a underlying strength of p
Leah
Feb 28, 2014 Leah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
if I play a drinking game of 'spot the cliche' it's much more fun ...
Itsy Bitsy Book Bits
Axelle just wants to save her snow leopards from a poacher. Tyrone is on a mission to capture one of the mostly deadly terrorists in the world. Dmitri just wants to save his grandson. Who will get want they want?

"It was a race against time and she didn't know who she was racing with or how to stop them." Axelle is a woman who doesn't trust easily, she likes isolation, and she loves her snow leopards. Someone is using their collars to hunt them and Axelle is going to find out who and why. Tyrone
Anna Richland
I originally reviewed this book for the RITA READING CHALLENGE at Smart B*tches Trashy Books. I gave it an A- grade, which I think translates to 5 stars here (I'd give it 4.5 or 4.75 if I could).

I enthusiastically recommend The Killing Game by Toni Anderson. If you enjoy tense romantic suspense, military heroes who are old enough to retire from the military (Ty Dempsey enlisted at seventeen and has served twenty-two years = a thirty-nine year-old hero) and heroines who are passionate about their
Sue
Oct 10, 2013 Sue rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Killing Game by Toni Anderson will take you on a wild adventure from Afghanistan to England, thrill you and keep you guessing!

One of Dr. Axelle's big jobs as a wildlife biologist working for the Conservative Trust is studying the endangered Snow Leopards in Afghanistan. When Axelle discovers something is going on with her Snow Leopards that she tagged and is tracking, she heads back to the wild mountains of Hindu Kush to find out exactly what. Who she thinks is a poacher after her snow leopa
Cindy ~ SnS Reviews
Mar 31, 2013 Cindy ~ SnS Reviews rated it it was amazing
Realistic scene descriptions, endangered species, and plenty of spies made this a sure fire hit in my reading collection.

The book mainly takes place in a long mountain range that stretches between central Afghanistan and northern Pakistan where wildlife biologist Axelle Dehn had previously tagged the snow leopards there with a GPS tracking system. When 2 of the tracking systems go offline she rushes to the Hindu Kush in fear that poachers have started killing them for their fur.

What Axelle did
Kathy Altman
Mar 31, 2013 Kathy Altman rated it it was amazing
The Killing Game is an exhilarating, masterfully-crafted mix of life-and-death adventure and political intrigue. It's also a riveting romance, and with the author's trademark gritty and evocative prose, wily imagination and fierce respect for the plight of the snow leopard and the war-torn country it inhabits, this book is one unforgettable read.

Follow along on a thrilling, jarring, heartbreaking journey from the brutal, snow-capped mountains of Afghanistan to the more civilized but no less dang
Maureen Miller
Mar 28, 2013 Maureen Miller rated it it was amazing
I picked up this book for two reasons. One, I am a great fan of romantic suspense, and two, I am fascinated by the beauty and mystique of the Himalayas. Imagine my delight to find both categories blended into a romance. With my interest in the Himalayas, I am quite familiar with the exotic "snow leopard" indigenous to that area. Snow leopards are rarely seen, and to catch a glimpse of one borders on a life-altering experience. Knowing this made me appreciate Axelle (the heroine) all the more. I ...more
Dee
From "Dangerous Attraction Romantic Suspense" boxed set
(No longer available from Amazon)

Two-haiku review:

If you like espionage
This one is for you
Lynn Justice
Jan 27, 2016 Lynn Justice rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mystery,Exotic animal rescue, & Romance all in one book!
Great book!
Jenni
Mar 10, 2016 Jenni rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, I love Toni Anderson's 'Cold Justice' series, and this book is just as good. Dr Axelle Dehn, daughter of the US Ambassador to the UK is director of a project tracking snow leopards in the Hindu Kush. Some of the trackers have stopped moving, and Axelle and her assistant must make a rushed trip to Afghanistan to find out if the leopards are still alive.
When a small group of SAS soldiers, led by Sergeant Ty Dempsey, is sent to Afghanistan to investigate the possible sighting of a former Sovie
Susan King
dnf
Kai
Mar 26, 2016 Kai rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books
The Killing Game starts with the hunt for an infamous Russian spy turned terrorist. British SAS soldier, Ty Dempsey is assigned with the mission to capture the Russian spy for information. Ty has a reputation of never failing a mission.

Wildlife biologist Axelle Dehn has committed herself to saving the snow leopard. As she investigated the killing of two tagged snow leopards, she realized that someone was using their tracking device collar frequency in hunting their snow leopards. She is in a ra
JoAnne
Sep 28, 2015 JoAnne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read my review on Romancing-the-Book.com for Romancing The Military Man: Ten Hot Military Heroes: The right men for the job: Black Ops, Soldiers, Spies, SEALs, Marines, Special Forces, Army Rangers which this book is included in.

Mandie Trahan
The begining was very confusing at first. They had a lot of flash backs. But, the ending put it all together.
Marcelle Dube
Sep 29, 2013 Marcelle Dube rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book! Couldn't wait to get back to it every time I had to put it down. It was a wild ride from the first page to the last. And the romance between Axelle and Ty, two damaged-but-loveable people, was sweet, passionate and completely believable. I hope we see more of these two.
Ame
Jul 09, 2016 Ame rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars! Toni Anderson is fast becoming my go-to romantic suspense author.

I've read the first five of the 'Cold Justice' series but this is my first standalone read by this author. After reading those first five books I had high expectations (the Cold Justice series is superb - check it out if you haven't already!) and fortunately 'The Killing Game' didn't disappoint...

The writing is fluid, easy to read and consistent and the scenes are described in a way that makes you feel like you're there
Joan
Oct 16, 2015 Joan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I first bought my Kindle three or four years ago, I eagerly downloaded a "bargain" - a book titled Dangerous Attraction, Romantic Suspense Boxed Set. I just never got around to reading it until now. It contains 9 full-sized novels as advertised. Not all were romantic suspense, however. Several were erotic novels rather than romantic ones; some contained little or no suspense. This was the fourth novel in that download. The Killing Game was by far the most professionally-written book in this ...more
Amanda Muller
May 13, 2013 Amanda Muller rated it really liked it
Lots of twists and turns. Thinking the story was going to go one way, then go another. Absolutely loved this story!!
Christy
Nov 13, 2013 Christy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was well-written, but I just couldn't get into the story. I spent 70% of the book trying hard not to skip ahead.
Lisi Cabrera
too much military jargon and acronyms is used making it a difficult read
Larena
Contemporary

Axelle Dehn is a wildlife biologist that is determined to protect what she considers her snow leopards. No one will get in her way not the poachers that are intent on killing them or the soldier that wants to use them as bait. Then Axelle becomes entangled in a conflict that dates back three decades. A conflict that could easily spark a war between a couple of the world’s nations.

Ty Dempsey is a British SAS soldier that was sent to hunt down a notorious Russian terrorist that is in
Brooke
Nov 16, 2013 Brooke rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: did-not-finish
I got this book as part of the "Dangerous Attractions" 10 book boxed set.

To be fair, I didn't get very far into this one before I gave up. It was B-O-R-I-N-G! At least, the beginning was too boring to make me want to continue. And the synopsis didn't bode too well for my interest peaking...

The gist: Axelle (the girl in the story) is a wildlife preserver lady. She's been tracking snow leopards in northern Afghanistan for at least a year. Ty is a British Special Forces guy. His unit (him and 3 oth
Sarah Andre
Aug 27, 2014 Sarah Andre rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Her descriptions of the desolate landscape, survivalist living and history of the Cold War was astonishing and made a simple romantic suspense into something that should be made into a movie. Was glued to this by the heroine's race against time mission to save snow leopards. Highly recommend!
Suze
May 08, 2015 Suze rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THE KILLING GAME

This is a very good romantic, suspense-filled book. Ty and Axelle both have jobs to do, neither one will let anything come between their life work. A lot of fireworks, a lot of perilous adventures and dangers- great read.
Dorel
May 03, 2014 Dorel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the 3rd book I read by Toni Anderson. This book's story line is okay. The only thing I liked about this story is how Axelle saves the endangered animals, its very sad what people do to them. The rest of the story was kind of confusing to me.
Jeanie Jackson
Toni Anderson books always have me chasing the twists and turns, but this one outdid itself in complexity of plot. This outstanding novel displays all of Ms. Anderson's talent a both plotting and character creation. Amazing!
Romantic Suspense: "The Killing Game" by Toni Anderson 3 14 Apr 27, 2014 04:32PM
Goodreads Librari...: New cover 7 80 Sep 08, 2013 05:53PM
Goodreads Librari...: Print and ebook need combined 7 164 Jun 02, 2013 07:05PM
  • The Longest Night (H.O.T. Watch, #4)
  • No Control (Delta Force #2)
  • Pursuit
  • My Spy: Last Spy Standing (HQ: Texas, #2)
  • Deadly Pursuit (Southern California Violent Crimes Taskforce, #1)
  • The Enforcer (Taskforce, #3)
  • Whatever Remains
  • Mostly Murder (Claire Morgan #6)
  • Gravediggers
  • Christmas Captive (Decorah Security #6.5)
  • Fallen Desire (Fallen Desire, #1)
  • Bird of Prey (Sémya Slotin Mystery, #1)
  • Plants vs. Zombies Volume 1: Lawnmageddon
  • Scandal in Copper Lake
  • Blind Sight (The Celadon Circle, #1)
  • Chosen by Sin (Para-Ops, #3)
  • Shadow Allegiance (Unholy Alliance, #3)
  • Soul Deep (I-Team, #6.5)
2820461
New York Times and USA Today international bestselling author, Toni Anderson, writes dark, gritty Romantic Suspense novels that have hit the Amazon and Nook Top 10, and iBooks Top 50. Her novels have won many awards. A former Marine Biologist from Britain, she inexplicably ended up in the geographical center of North America, about as far from the ocean as it is possible to get. She now lives in t ...more
More about Toni Anderson...

“According to the Geneva Convention”—Dmitri pointed his finger at the valley floor—“they are not soldiers and therefore not the enemy.” 0 likes
“Are you a pirate? Have I been boarded?” Dempsey grinned. “No, mate. I’m SAS. If we’re successful you’ll earn yourself a bloody knighthood. We’re after a Russian spy.” 0 likes