Start by marking “The Eclectic Prince (The Young Men in Pain Quartet, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Eclectic Prince (The Young Men in Pain Quartet, #1)

The Eclectic Prince (The Young Men in Pain Quartet #1)

A rough modern cocktail of teenage love and revenge, poured over cubes of science fiction, shaken with some witchcraft and served with a thin slice of urban fantasy.
Published November 16th 2012

To ask other readers questions about The Eclectic Prince, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Eclectic Prince

Jim Liston
Mar 14, 2014 Jim Liston rated it it was amazing
When Val, username Valentine, exits the game after being plugged in for almost 2 years, not that much has changed. His book, Eurotrash is doing well, and he's still somewhat of a celebrity, and what else? Oh yeah, he's asked to use a hidden power to destroy mankind!

The Eclectic Prince is a whirlwind of a tale that will have you scratching your head and looking over your shoulder. After finishing the story, I immediately started at the beginning again to re-read it. I can't remember the last time
Somekindofnobody
Apr 20, 2013 Somekindofnobody rated it really liked it
I got this because I was looking for something out-in-left-field. This is not vulgar or crass, in fact quite the opposite. You follow the mind and thoughts and actions of various personalities. When money is not an issue, what issues are there?

Plenty.

The stories are so strange. The scene with the gameshow where the contestants had to make these horrible decisions or get fried...AHHH that was so awesome.

This author WILL entertain you. Even the mundane thoughts are entertaining. There are very uni
Paul Little
Aug 08, 2013 Paul Little rated it really liked it
This is a vigorous and confusing work that is dark and moody escape from reality. This is reminiscent of the fantasy works of Jon Courtenay Grimwood or perhaps a voodoo version of Trainspotting. Where it fell down a little for me is in the rigorous and unrelenting pace that does not give much in the way of description to enable a visualization of the characters. In some ways this read like a screenplay for a fast moving film that would be perfectly suited to the current style of high momentum, ...more
Philippa
Oct 21, 2014 Philippa rated it it was amazing
The Eclectic Prince falls into the post-modernist category with a bang. Val, the twisted young psycopathic main character, captures your interest with his frank, dark outlook on the world. I found the character mostly unrelatable which bizarrely made me like him more; I wanted to understand him.

Val takes us on a wild ride which begins when he moves to Spain and ends with a twisted version of the reality we started in. Add in a little bit of cousin-fucking, clever poetry, lust, murder and shapes
Caspar Vega
Jan 18, 2016 Caspar Vega rated it did not like it  ·  (Review from the author)
That Caspar Vega better stop texting my daughter.
Markus Lippus
Markus Lippus rated it really liked it
Apr 10, 2014
Zarah
Zarah added it
Mar 26, 2013
Levan
Levan marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2013
Kadi Kolk
Kadi Kolk marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2013
Anastassia Ševtšenko
Anastassia Ševtšenko marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2013
Fernanda Mazi
Fernanda Mazi marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2014
Ann
Ann marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Brenda Seaberg
Brenda Seaberg marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Betty Macy
Betty Macy marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2015
Darren Edwards
Darren Edwards marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2016
Lynne
Lynne marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2016
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2016
7020738
From supernatural pulp fiction to musings on politics and pop culture, Caspar Vega knows how to surprise, disgust and entertain.
More about Caspar Vega...

The Young Men in Pain Quartet (4 books)
  • The Sexorcism of Amber Holloway (The Young Men in Pain Quartet, #2)
  • The Pink Beetle (The Young Men in Pain Quartet, #3)
  • Hayfoot (The Young Men in Pain Quartet, #4)