Start by marking “Shark Tank Jump Start Your Business: How to Launch and Grow a Business from Concept to Cash” as Want to Read:

From the ABC hit show "Shark Tank," this book-filled with practical advice and introductions from the Sharks themselves-will be the ultimate resource for anyone thinking about starting a business or growing the one they have. Full of tips for navigating the confusing world of entrepreneurship, the book will intersperse words of wisdom with inspirational stories from the ...more
Published November 5th 2013 by Kingswell

To ask other readers questions about Shark Tank Jump Start Your Business, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shark Tank Jump Start Your Business

Tim Jin
Dec 05, 2013 Tim Jin rated it it was amazing
I'm a fan of the show. I believe that Shark Tank is an American version of Dragons' Den in the UK. I haven't watched the UK version in many years since it is no longer on BBC. I'm not here to compare which version of the show is better, but I am reviewing the audiobook of "Shark Tank Jump Start Your Business."

This is a good book on how to start a business, get funding, and maintain your company. Having real insight from the entrepreneurs that host the show is very helpful in the new way of star
Stacy Handlin
Dec 13, 2014 Stacy Handlin rated it it was ok
quite boring really. I just read it because I am a fan of the show. People serious about the business might enjoy it more
Kelli Koehler
Apr 06, 2015 Kelli Koehler rated it did not like it
Shelves: non-fiction
Wayyyyy too basic
Amazingsomeone
A lot of this book contains very basic information which almost everyone always knows. There are few pages about what goes on behind the scenes in Shark Tank - that's worth reading.
Karol Cordero
Oct 23, 2016 Karol Cordero rated it really liked it
Great book with a lot of interesting ideas to start, run and grow a business
David Rosage
Oct 10, 2016 David Rosage rated it it was ok
Very basic book with nothing new or interesting. Basically a review of the fundamentals.
Elizabeth
May 07, 2014 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing

Shark Tank Jump Start Your Business How to Launch and Grow a Business from concept to cash, written by Michael Parrish DuDell, Mark Cuban, Barbara Corcoran, Lori Greiner, Robert Herjavec, John Daymond, Kevin O’Leary. What a wonderful compass in navigating through communicational stricken generation of America, in hopes to develop a successful corporation. Shark Tank Jump Start Your Business…, is written as a motivation speech, providing information and experience to move readers to become passio
Mitchell Butcher
Mar 18, 2014 Mitchell Butcher rated it really liked it
Shark Tank Jump Start Your business by Michael Parrish Dudell was a great book. It’s all about how to have a successful business and how to run one. It also talks about if you should or shouldn’t and if it’s right for you.
The book starts out with if you should or shouldn’t become an entrepreneur. Then if you are, it then explains how to find the pacific type of people you will target. Then step by step it explains what you should do next to make and grow your business. The author did a great
Bob Wallner
Nov 20, 2013 Bob Wallner rated it liked it
Shelves: strategy, audible
I would have given 3.5 if possible.

I wasn't sure what to think when I grabbed this free audiobook, I enjoy the TV show, but thought it was going to be an entertaining/in depth "interview with the sharks".

What I found was, whether you are an Entrepreneur or not, this book provides an introduction to general business practices. Much of what is contained in this book is what you find in introduction to business (Business 101) as an undergraduate.

The book covers most the basics of running a business
Mona Ahmadi
Jan 16, 2014 Mona Ahmadi rated it liked it
This is an OK book; if you want to start your own business/ have ideas/started already, it could be helpful. It basically talks about all the steps you need to take from partnership to picking a suitable name for your start-up. A lot of it, are the things you learn at business school, but it could be a good review. There is so much that happens when you think about having your own business that is impossible to learn from any books, even the brainstorming process. There is no significant model. ...more
Mason Owens
Nov 14, 2015 Mason Owens rated it it was amazing
Shelves: business
I've adjusted my review up to a 5 star because currently this seems to be the best introductory book for anyone looking to attempt a start up.

This book goes over so many aspects of projection and marketing while touching on key components of administration. It helps put into perspective the networks and competition around us to scale our interpretations properly.

A unique feature of the book are the little Shark bits/bites, tailes/tales and other wisdom where the Sharks' personally communicates t
Berry Boen
May 07, 2014 Berry Boen rated it really liked it
Although many things mentioned are nothing new if you are a business graduate, it is still a very valuable book to serve as your checklist before / after jumping off to become an entrepreneur. Several quotes worth noting:

- Wake up before everybody else, go to bed after everybody else.
- We are always overconfident for the first year of sales, but not confident enough for the next ten.
- Outsource time wasters.
- In business, there is such thing as going to fast or going to soon.
- Plan for success,
Gil Bradshaw
Feb 25, 2014 Gil Bradshaw rated it liked it
This is a great book for entrepreneurs. He covers everything. But the Shark Tank schtick was pretty lame. He basically took a good book about entrepreneurs and then he put "Shark Bites" into the book where he referenced the television show's entrepreneurs and discusses what they did right or wrong.

I would have liked much more in-depth biographies of the Sharks (to be fair, he does do a pretty good job of Mark Cuban and Ms. Corcoran) and a lot more quotes and excerpts from interviews he claims to
Chad
Mar 19, 2015 Chad rated it really liked it
Shelves: business
I've never watched the show, but recently had the opportunity to join the start up of a new business so I figured I should get some advice from the pro's. This book takes a high level approach to starting your own business and occasionally dips into more detail on some topics. There is also occasional advice added from the businessmen on the show. This is a good starting point, but you will need additional research and resources before starting your own company.
Mitch Fisher
Apr 25, 2014 Mitch Fisher rated it it was amazing
This book is great for starting entrepreneurs. It covers the step by step process for starting a business and growing it. Almost everything is covered, but it doesn't go completely in depth. That's not really what it was meant for anyway. It's really for someone with almost no knowledge on starting a business. It serves it's purpose great and helps spark some ideas. Overall, it is great and beneficial for someone looking to begin their endeavor.
Kirk Mahoney
May 17, 2014 Kirk Mahoney rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you are just beginning to think about starting your own business, then read this book. It is full of checklists and questions that, if followed and answered, should put you well ahead of many first-time business owners.

However, if you are already in business for yourself, then I highly recommend the books Work the System and The Millionaire Fastlane instead of this book.

[Disclaimer: I got this free through Audible.com.]
Damien Franco
There really wasn't anything inherently special about this book.

That's not necessarily a bad thing. Sometimes people aren't looking for revolutionary or outside-the-box thinking.

If you go in expecting a mashup of solid advice with little "new" you're probably okay with this.

There are a few gems with the quotes and stories from the Sharks but otherwise the book is just OK.
Anushri Thanedar
Apr 21, 2015 Anushri Thanedar rated it really liked it
Good for beginners who don't know a lot about the startup world but want to get done with the basics. The content itself is not super deep but makes sense for a beginner. If you are already a pro, this book might not make a lot of sense to you (as you'd know most of the things the book talks about).
Dax
Aug 16, 2014 Dax rated it really liked it
The TV show is pretty cool, but this dives deeper. The book highlights why some folks fared well in the tank while others were eaten alive. A good book for anyone that needs to raise funding for a company.
Luis Moreira
Jan 09, 2015 Luis Moreira rated it really liked it
It might be a very good book for someone who wants to start a business, because this book works like a basic but comprehensive entrepreneurs' checklist. I personally enjoyed this book because it has some personal inputs from the Sharks, which I'm a huge fan.
Eye-liza Conner
Mar 25, 2015 Eye-liza Conner rated it liked it
The beginning of the book is not for those who have already studied or taken courses on how to start a business, however there is a ton of resourceful information towards the end starting at about Chapter 10.
Scot McAtee
Jun 19, 2014 Scot McAtee rated it really liked it
Buy a textbook on entrepreneurship or buy this book and get the same info for way less and this is way more interesting. Not to mention,you can use this as a companion guide to the tv show so you understand what they're talking or asking about.
Austin Craig
Jan 29, 2016 Austin Craig rated it really liked it
If you're a fan of the show and the sharks, and especially if you want to go on the show some day, this is a good read. It lays out some very basic principles on how to make your business work, and how to position yourself for growth.

Not the most inspired business book ever, but a good one.
YW Low 劉耀詠
Jul 10, 2016 YW Low 劉耀詠 rated it did not like it
"Shark Tank" is one of the best TV shows, with lots of lessons from the Sharks and the entrepreneurs pitching. This book seems unnecessary, most of the topics are cliche, nothing more than what one can get from watching the show.
Lori
Dec 31, 2013 Lori rated it really liked it
Great logistical overview for those thinking of starting their own business or business owners actively trying to build. Plus, if you're a fan of the show it's chalk-full of behind the scenes "shark bites." It gave me a lot to think about.
Tyler Replogle
Jan 28, 2014 Tyler Replogle rated it liked it
I'm not going to start my own Business so I might not be the best person to rate this book. However there were some great parts in it that I'll be sure to use through out my life. The parts on sales, hiring people, and leading I think would be good for anyone to read.
Whitney
Aug 02, 2016 Whitney rated it liked it
A decent basic business 101, nothing new to anyone with a business sense or education, but a decent read.
Ondrej Kuchta
Jan 04, 2016 Ondrej Kuchta rated it really liked it
I was not expecting much, but this book is really good summary of everything related to operating an business. It is definitely worth to read it and take some notes as well.
Susan
Nov 05, 2014 Susan rated it really liked it
Good business advice in a very readable format, interspersed with comments from the Sharks and some of the entrepreneurs they've invested in.
Mark Nutting
Feb 05, 2015 Mark Nutting rated it really liked it
this is a great book for anyone contemplating opening a business. Very thorough. It is a definite must read.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Gabriel: Zero Point (Evan Gabriel Trilogy, #0.5)
  • Extraordinary Leadership
  • Cold Colors
  • Become Your Own Boss in 12 Months: A Month-by-Month Guide to a Business that Works
  • Dismantling America: and other controversial essays
  • One Man's Initiation: 1917
  • The Jewel of Dantenos: A Lee Starfinder Adventure from the World of The Godling Chronicles (The Godling Chronicles, #0.5)
  • Display of Power: How FUBU Changed a World of Fashion, Branding and Lifestyle
  • Beethoven's Shadow (Kindle Single)
  • Mark Twain's Helpful Hints for Good Living: A Handbook for the Damned Human Race
  • The Hospital: The First Mountain Man Story (Mountain Man, #0.5)
  • Shark Tales: How I Turned $1,000 into a Billion Dollar Business
  • Invent It, Sell It, Bank It!: Make Your Million-Dollar Idea into a Reality
  • Driven: How To Succeed In Business And In Life
  • The War on Men
  • Black River
  • The Jester (The Riyria Chronicles #2.5)
  • So Long, Lollipops (Until the End of the World, #1.5)

“Failure is nothing more than a prelude to success—and a poetic one at that.” 1 likes
“Being a good leader today is not about how obsessively you can control, but how abundantly you can empower.” 1 likes