Start by marking “Legally Addicted” as Want to Read:
Legally Addicted

Legally Addicted

A fast-moving, high stakes battle-of-the-sexes story with a Hepburn/Tracey flavor (and a hot one-night stand!).

Georgia Murray’s one-night-stand with fellow Sydney lawyer and billionaire property magnate Brad Spencer was supposed to be just that – one-off, fun. Case closed.

But Brad knows something Georgia doesn’t: their lives are about to become entwined in an unavoidable w
Published May 1st 2013 by Escape Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Legally Addicted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Legally Addicted

Adriana
Apr 13, 2013 Adriana rated it it was ok
LEGALLY ADDICTED by Lena Dowling

2.5 out of 5 stars

So I'm no stranger to romance. Back before I came to the US, the only books that bookstores would continually import at home where all romance, not much YA or MG there. And as an avid reader, I would take whatever was there and eat it up like it was a masterpiece. I don't think my mom would have been ok if she had known the alarming amount of penetrating, and pleasuring, and lusting that went on in those books.

I hadn't read the genre for a long
Melanie
Jun 21, 2013 Melanie rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, first-reads
This book was provided to be by NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review.

This book takes place in Sydney, Australia but there isn't much about it that really tells you that, it's more about the overall trust and love that the 2 'Solicitors' find within each other.

Georgia Murray is a newly made partner in a law firm and the night of her celebration she takes her chances & has, what she believes to be, a one night stand with Brad Spencer. Brad is a fellow solicitor and will soon turn the t
Kim
I was browsing Netgalley recently and saw the following tagline for Legally Addicted by Lena Dowling: "A fast-moving, high stakes battle-of-the-sexes story with a Hepburn/Tracey flavor (and a hot one-night stand!)" How could I not be excited? I'm a sucker for anything relating to Katherine Hepburn/Spencer Tracey related and having seen a good number of old Hepburn/Tracey films I can say that this was a surefire way to get me to request this work. So, once I received word that I had received the ...more
Sam
Sep 15, 2016 Sam rated it liked it
It was a quick read, to say the least. The story in general wasn't anything special, standard cliche romance, what'd you'd expect.

Some parts were cute and got a chuckle or two out of me. I liked some of the characterizations, though I kept feeling like there could have been more. Especially during any more "dramatic" parts and during their arguments. Things just went too quick or were resolved too quickly. It would've been nice to have a little more time given to the resolutions.

As an aside, the
✿kawehi.reviews
Apr 16, 2013 ✿kawehi.reviews rated it liked it
Eh, this book was completely boring to me.

Although I understand her issues and what motivates her to be so driven, the character of Georgia irritated me. She was such a coward and kept running away from Brad even though he was clearly trying to make things work between them. She was like a doormat at times and let people walk all over her!!

I was happy in the end when she did sort of grow a backbone and some "balls" if you will but already by then I was far gone on her character.

Brad, on the oth
Elizabeth_s
Oct 11, 2013 Elizabeth_s rated it liked it
A bit rushed but still a good read...

I thought that this was a pretty good book. The story was a good one but I felt that it was a bit rushed. The characters were very likeable and I loved the butler Jeffrey.

I wished that there would have been a prologue explaining a bit of the lives of both Brad and Georgia. The intimacy between the two characters was more insinuated than detailed. For instance Brad would often refer to Georgia's dirty talk but you didn't read about what was said etc. I felt
Jackie (Jackie's Book World)
May 25, 2013 Jackie (Jackie's Book World) rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Romance lovers!
Review can also be found at Jackie's Book World

*ARC provided by Netgalley*

Legally Addicted is the story of Georgia Murray,a successful lawyer who has her own past troubles hidden from everyone else. But when Brad Spencer, fellow lawyer and billionaire joins the firm where Georgia is working, the tension between them starts to grow. Interested in one thing only,what Georgia doesn't know is that the more she spends time with Brad, the more difficult is going to be to leave him in the future. I lik
Sue
May 18, 2013 Sue rated it really liked it
In Legally Addicted by Lena Dowling Georgia lives her life according to her plan, and she has just been made a partner at her law firm one year ahead of her plan! At the celebration the company has for her, Georgia ends up leaving and spending the night with Brad, also a lawyer and in Georgia’s mind a rich play boy. In her mind, it’s a one night stand with someone she’ll only see in passing again and she runs off the morning after before they have a chance to talk.Read More
Gloria Herrera
Apr 05, 2013 Gloria Herrera rated it really liked it
Enjoyable battle of the sexes. Georgia is driven in her career. She has just made partner and does not need any emotional entanglements.

Brad is a player.He is rich and about to merge his firm with Georgia's, although she is not aware of this. A one night stand was supposed to be just that between them. Nothing goes as planned!

Two stubborn intelligent lawyers ... must seek a compromise and let their feelings flow.

Enjoyable story, full of emotion and endearing characters. Would recommend to all!
Linda
Apr 12, 2013 Linda rated it really liked it
Two lawyers come together and try to work through their differces and fears.
Georgia has struggles and fought for her partnership and career, coming from a poor childhood with more than one obstacle against her, shes got a hard time accepting Brad and his trustfond.
Brad has fought, too, but against wealth, greed from others and expectations from his family.
A quick, fun read with smutty fluff and two people trying to find their own HEA.
Jay
Aug 01, 2015 Jay rated it really liked it
Thanks to NetGalley and the publishers for this ARC!

I quite enjoyed this quick read, nothing spectacular, but a good read. nice to read something set in Australia for a change too.

I found Georgia to be a little hypocritical at times - she doesn't like to be judged by her past, but quite happily judges others by theirs, & it was a bit frustrating wanting to yell at her! but they got their shit together in the end :)
Samantha Fleming
Jul 13, 2013 Samantha Fleming rated it liked it
Shelves: romance-read
I liked the book, It has a great plot. But I gave it 3 stars because it felt like i was really reading a law book, the words were way over the top; like the author was trying to say all these big words. And I didn't like Brad, i thought he was irritating and just a weird guy.
Kathy Powell
Apr 05, 2013 Kathy Powell rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
I really like this book, The story was great, Georgia and Brad were a perfect match. And Georgia's secretary has her pegged right on, and Brad's Butler has him pegged to. You will stay with the story and not want to put it down.
Alpha Possessive Heroes
Both hero and heroine has a strong personality it was quite refreshing to read.

Over all, there is nothing special about this book but it has a solid storyline and I enjoyed their love story! Love the cover and the plot is good so- I give it 4 stars!
♡B♡
Jun 30, 2016 ♡B♡ rated it liked it
It was a sweet read, it had some angst some romance, some steaminess.
Overall it was a good read. I enjoyed it.

Lynelle
Apr 18, 2013 Lynelle rated it liked it
I thought this book had potential but I had a hard time keeping interested in it and found myself often skimming.
Josiane
Josiane rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2014
Cary Morton
Jul 23, 2013 Cary Morton rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
You can find my complete and honest review here: http://wp.me/p37Zro-Kr
Niousha
Niousha rated it liked it
Feb 02, 2014
Farzana rahmann
Farzana rahmann rated it liked it
May 21, 2013
Mariel
Mariel rated it liked it
May 25, 2013
Jenny napier
Jenny napier rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2016
Marblezzie (Blez)
Marblezzie (Blez) rated it really liked it
May 08, 2013
Mariko
Mariko rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2014
Viva Anggadita
Viva Anggadita rated it liked it
May 30, 2014
Sell
Sell rated it it was ok
Dec 15, 2013
M
M rated it liked it
Jun 26, 2013
Moon Badshah
Moon Badshah rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2014
Elise
Elise rated it liked it
Dec 18, 2013
Sarah Dane
Sarah Dane rated it liked it
Jun 29, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
In her previous lives, Lena Dowling has been a lawyer, policy analyst, and an administration manager. While Lena was born and raised in New Zealand, it was during a stint working ‘across the ditch’ in Australia that she took up writing in earnest. Having found her inspiration in The Lucky Country, Lena writes Australasian themed romances about gutsy, intelligent heroines, and the men who dare to ...more
More about Lena Dowling...