Start by marking “Keeping Merminia (Merminia, #2)” as Want to Read:
Keeping Merminia (Merminia, #2)

Keeping Merminia (Merminia #2)

In the concluding sequel to Merminia, Ulric and Selinne are both about to find out just how much they stand to lose.

Upon seizing Dencur with Adessia’s ring, Ulric leaves everything beyond the city walls in chaos. As Selinne tries to save Merminia from ruin, she finds a hesitant group to aid her in the perilous journey to Dencur.

But while Selinne works to stop Ulric from d
Paperback
Published (first published September 18th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Keeping Merminia, please sign up.

Emm Cole
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Of Poseidon by Anna BanksForgive My Fins by Tera Lynn ChildsRising by Holly KellyIngo by Helen DunmoreThe Little Mermaid by Hans Christian Andersen
Best mermaid books
88th out of 290 books — 709 voters
Triton by Yelle HughesDescending by Holly KellyA Mermaid's Kiss by Joey W. HillRising by Holly KellySweetest Curse by Susan D. Taylor
Awesome Mermaid Books
37th out of 112 books — 136 voters

More lists with this book...

S.K. Munt

Emm Cole’s writing calls up visions of tinkling chimes, delicate lace and all things beautifully fragile. You only need to read one paragraph for this to be clear, but the delicacy with which Ms Cole scripts her words is a smokescreen (a lilac-coloured, fluffy and aromatic one) that she uses to lull the reader into a sense of beauty and peace before driving the poison-coated spear into your heart with precise accuracy.

Keeping Merminia might sound like something sweetly fantastical, and if you we
Jen
If you enjoyed Merminia, you will be utterly blown away by the second in this series! Cole delivers a Mermaid fantasy beyond comparison to others in what is fast becoming an extremely popular genre. Cole successfully provides a vivid escape from reality in this fantasy world set in a time where Merfolk are not just mysterious secrets of the sea. Although not comfortably, they live alongside the humans. In this instalment Cole introduced all of my favourite paranormals (Enchanteds). Faeries, elve ...more
Howard Parsons
Dec 05, 2013 Howard Parsons rated it it was amazing
We are all familiar with the old conversational chestnut that “something” is going to be a tough act to follow. We have all seen examples of that pronouncement ringing true. When this reviewer learned that Emm Cole was working on a sequel to Merminia, he said the same thing to his faithful cat, Rankin, who was sleeping behind his PC monitor at the time. Today, as Rankin sleeps behind the monitor once more, this reviewer is pleased to say that Emm Cole has more than successfully followed her own ...more
Pete Tarsi
Nov 23, 2015 Pete Tarsi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mermaids
This past spring, I read the book Merminia by Emm Cole and gave it four stars. The book was definitely well-written with lush language and vivid imagery, and the mermaid princess heroine Selinne was a delightful main character, but a war among mermaid factions in a Game of Thrones style wasn’t so much a plot for me. Still, the book is about mermaids, and I had the sequel also on my Kindle, so I thought I’d give it a read.

Since this is a review of a sequel, I can’t guarantee it will be spoiler-fr
Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick)
A beautifully plotted, well written, fantastic trip back into Cole's world.
This is a largely relationship driven book, which at first I had mixed feelings about, but as Cole develops her characters, it becomes even more enjoyable than her first book. Definitely give it a look. although you REALLY need to read Merminia
Tysha
Jan 24, 2015 Tysha rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, my-hoard, kindle
If you enjoyed Merminia then I definitely recommend picking up a copy of this book, it continues the story wonderfully. If, however, this underwater world is new to you, you will probably find this volume a bit difficult to get into without the background the first book provides.
Aprille
Feb 21, 2016 Aprille rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-to-come
I have been through the emotional wringer.
Review to come.
Tiana Dalichov
Wowser! That's what I'm talking about!

After reading this...I just...

description

What a sequel. Seriously. And this book was SO different from the first one. Some of that I liked...some parts I didn't. But I'll get into that a bit later.

Keeping Merminia picks up right where its predecessor left off, bringing us back into the fantastical world of the Merminians and Litiants. I loved the interplay between Selinne and her two suitors, Gabriel and Aramis. I feel like I knew who she would end up with in the end a
♈Ariel Mathis♈
*A complimentary ecopy of this book was gifted by the author in exchange for my honest review.*

Oh, the Fates, what am I to write here while still reeling from those last words of the last chapter from Aramis? All I can say is, "Wow!!" I have never read a book to where the author lets YOU decide how it ends. Tears were falling as I read the very end. This story may be Fantasy but it has you feeling feelings as if you were reading a Contemporary Romance. Cole has become one of my favorite authors.
Amy
Feb 09, 2014 Amy rated it really liked it
Shelves: to-reveiw
*I received a free copy, in exchange for an honest review*

Ulric has the ring of Adessia and has taken his merclan to land. Selinne want his death, for the death of her brother. Ever faithful Aramis goes with her to land. It is there that they find Gabriel, who has been living among the humans, learning their ways and surviving. Most of the Merminia clan is already on land, due to lack of food from the storm brewing. Selinna, Aramis and Gabriel must travel thru dangerous lands, that are inhabited
Jacquie Bolton
Oct 08, 2013 Jacquie Bolton rated it really liked it
*NOTE: This is BOOK 2 of the Merminia Series, so be warned that this review has book one spoilers. You can also see this review complete with the GIF's @ http://thisisnotacliffhanger.blogspot...

At the end of Meminia (Book 1) Ulric has possession of Adessia's ring giving him powers over land and sea that no man with his ego and aggression levels should have. He's just gone all creeptastic and waltzed onto shore to start some serious shit with the land dwellers.

Selinne has buried her brother, bec
Joseph McGarry
Jan 24, 2014 Joseph McGarry rated it really liked it
Shelves: swimming, mermaids
This sounded a little familiar. A group of warriors crossing over land searching for a ring. It was a little jarring at first, switching from 3rd person in the original to alternating 1st person here. After a while I got used to it. I thought the ending was open ended. I wanted to find out what happened to everyone. *Spoiler alert* I didn't realize until the end that Walter was speaking in the prologue. If there isn't going to be a 3rd book, I would have liked to see an epilogue with Walter to r ...more
Tracy
Jan 20, 2015 Tracy rated it really liked it
The first thing I want to say is... what great world-building in this series! I loved every part of it. I also liked how there were different types of merfolk and other creatures (Enchanteds)in this story, it kept things new and fresh throughout. The writing is good, it kept me engrossed most of the time. "Keeping Merminia" is full of mystery, romance, action, suspense, all the good stuff. I highly recommend it to both mermaid and fantasy fans alike!
M.
Jan 28, 2014 M. rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading "Keeping Merminia", as I was a big fan of Emm Cole's first book "Merminia" and was excited to see how the story would conclude. There were mythical creatures galore, sword fights, dragons and eventually...true love. Emm is an excellent Fantasy writer with an amazing immagination and I can't wait to read more of her works. It is always a pleasure.
Brittany
Mar 05, 2015 Brittany rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love books about mermaids!!!!! This book was no different. In this book we get to learn about a young mermaid princess who wants revenge upon her brother's death. This book kept me in suspense even after the end. I loved the romance in the book because I am a sucker for any kind. If you are obsessed with mermaids, you'll love this book!!
Lisa
Nov 05, 2013 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book! I always enjoy and appreciate a book that I can't predict the ending . This book has twists, turns and unexpected surprises!
I was completely captivated!
Looking forward to the next installment!
Tiffany Holme
Jun 29, 2015 Tiffany Holme rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So many feelings right now. these books are a must read!! Full review to come in September
Sherlyn

Chapter 7: Zara Wading in the Waves - Belong by Cary Brothers

Chapter 8: A Thank You Kiss - Wild Honey by U2

Chapter 9: Wine, Waterfalls and Stars - Forrest Gump Suite by Alan Silvestri

Chapter 13: Mina's Warning - Season of the Witch by Donovan

Chapter 19: Targets and Confessions - Let it Be by The Beatles & One by Johnny Cash

Chapter 21
Lauri Schlierman
Sep 23, 2013 Lauri Schlierman rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of fantasy and adventure
Shelves: sci-fi-fantacy
This book was wonderful! It was even better than the first one, and concluded the overall story very well. Before I began reading I was warned that this book was geared towards an older audience than the first one. There is one scene in particular that may be inappropriate for younger audiences, but it was very tastefully written and not gratuitous at all.

Throughout the book the characters were developed more fully, and I fell even more in love (or hate) with each of them. I didn't anticipate an
Alayne
Oct 09, 2013 Alayne rated it it was ok
Shelves: abandoned
I had not read the first book, so my review must take that into account. I couldn't finish the book. I found the characters flat and the story didn't grip my attention. Each chapter was written from the point of view of one of the characters, but all the voices sounded the same to me. I found I was procrastinating in picking the book up to read on, so I gave up on it. If I had read the first book, I may have found this one to be more enthralling, but as it is I could not recommend it.
Aliesha
Apr 18, 2015 Aliesha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the world building and character development in this book.
Angela
Nov 05, 2015 Angela marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
22 February 2014: $0.00 FREE on Kindle
Amber Esser
Amber Esser marked it as to-read
Fabiana Alvarez
Fabiana Alvarez marked it as to-read
Kristine S
Kristine S marked it as to-read
Hailey
Hailey marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2016
Sara Rebecca
Sara Rebecca marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2016
Victoria Blue
Victoria Blue marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2016
Vanessa
Vanessa marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2016
Best YA Book Quotes: Keeping Merminia 2 3 Sep 04, 2014 08:42AM
Dragons, dragons ...: Keeping Merminia 14 30 Feb 22, 2014 08:15AM
}~>O MERBOOKS: T...: Keeping Merminia 22 30 Nov 19, 2013 09:58AM
Pure indie promotion: Keeping Merminia, Free for Kindle! 1 7 Nov 11, 2013 10:41AM
Never Too Old For...: Read 4 Review #88 - Keeping Merminia (Closed) 10 54 Oct 16, 2013 06:29PM
  • Urchin (The Fairytail Saga #0.5)
  • Shades of Temptation (SIG, #2)
  • The Call of the Deep (The Matchless Deep, #1)
  • Hidden Beneath (Into the Deep, #2)
  • The Unleashed (Blemished, #3)
  • Blood and Snow: The Complete Set
  • The Horde Without End (The World Without End, #2)
  • Waking the Merrow (Merrow Trilogy, #1) Second Ed.
  • The Halfling (The Aria Fae Series, Book 1)
  • Savor (Vicious Feast, #1)
  • Angel of Darkness (The Third Throne #1)
  • Advance (Advance Industries, #1)
  • Awaiting Destiny
  • Touching Eternity (Touch, #1.5)
  • Finding Summerland (The Ameryn Chronicles #1)
  • Mythos (Mer Chronicles, #1)
  • Falling Away (Falling, #2)
  • Animal
Emm Cole is the indie author of THE SHORT LIFE OF SPARROWS, a gothic romance which was an award winner for Readers' Favorite in 2015 supernatural books. She is also the author of MERMINIA and KEEPING MERMINIA, a YA dark fantasy duology.

Emm is an incurable night owl who likes sweaters, rainy downpours, crazy prints on socks, Johnny Cash & The Rolling Stones at hideous decibels, and sitting qui
More about Emm Cole...

Merminia (2 books)
  • Merminia

“Smiling at death seems like a pretty bold act. And so I smile like a damned fool.” 34 likes
“I'd die of a broken heart before breaking yours.” 11 likes