Start by marking “Tea Leafing (#1)” as Want to Read:
Tea Leafing (#1)

Read Excerpt

Tea Leafing (#1)

4.04  ·  Rating Details  ·  45 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
What if you had to live life anonymously? Hide your job? Know your friends by pseudonyms? Be vigilant to make sure you aren’t being watched or followed? This is life for our four main characters, Sam, Grace, Birdie, and Mary Jane. They are exotic dancers living in Atlanta, and life is pretty good until one of their own is murdered.

In their search for the murderer, they unc
Published March 21st 2013 by Weezie Macdonald

To ask other readers questions about Tea Leafing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tea Leafing

Linda
Apr 03, 2013 Linda rated it it was amazing
Dancers in a "Gentleman's Club" crack the case and plot revenge when international crime strikes one of their own. When one of their friends is found murdered, the four detectives in six inch heels--and not much else--uncover the Russian Mob's money laundering racket and even the score. Funny and fast paced. This is a great read.
Chanticleer Editorial  Book Reviews
In her debut novel, Tea Leafing, Weezie Macdonald demonstrates extraordinary skill in deftly weaving the multifaceted personalities and lives of a quartet of friends—exotic dancers (or strippers, as you will) at a high-end gentlemen's club in Atlanta. It is an intriguing thriller of local graft, mafia-style murder, international drug rings, money laundering, and revenge.

Juxtaposed with the shadier side of Tea Leafing is the story of these women's' loyalty to each other, clever sleuthing, and det
LK
Jun 02, 2013 LK rated it really liked it
So much fun! Fast paced and as delicious as french fries. I stayed up way past midnight finishing it the other night. Just couldn't stop till it was all gone...

I love the specifics about the industry and I enjoyed the characters -- really vivid. I love that the glitz of the club is totally balanced by the pragmatism of the girls. And while I've not been an exotic dancer, I could completely relate to Sam's breaking away from her upbringing and yet it being so important to her. I would guess a lot
Melissa Rolf
Apr 13, 2013 Melissa Rolf rated it it was amazing
Tea Leafing, by Weezie MacDonald, was a very well written story that transplanted me into unfamiliar territory, but the author weaves the story so well, you feel as if you are there- it is home. With a fantastic class of characters that jump from the pages and into your heart, Tea Leafing leads you down a carefully paved road with suspense, humor, mystery and intrigue making this a great beach blanket read for summer! I highly suggest this book.

-Melissa R.W
Mkto, MN
Shereena
Jun 28, 2013 Shereena rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I received this book through GoodReads' First Reads Contest. A big thank you to the author for providing me with a signed copy!

WOW. What a READ!

The story was a little slow at the beginning, but picked up and snowballed with suspense until the very end. I was hooked on the last half of it and couldn't put it down! I appreciate Weezie's ability to phoenetically show through dialogue the accents different characters had. Their individual personalities were also well developed and easily distinguis
Corina
Apr 02, 2013 Corina rated it really liked it
Aside from a few typos (very few), this was much better than I had anticipated. The one thing I felt was a little overdone was all the detail about the strip club and strippers. It was almost as if the author did tons of research then crammed every bit of it in, even though it wasn't all necessary.

However, the plot was believable and engaging.

The story takes place in an Atlanta strip club. Near the very beginning we find out that one of the strippers, Lena, has been found murdered execution sty
Ashley Irby
Jan 08, 2014 Ashley Irby rated it really liked it
I received this book free through First Reads.
This was a perfect fast-paced quick read. Lots of mystery & suspense - Kept me flipping pages to find out what would happen next.
Also a big thank you to Weezie for signing it! (:
Ally
Jan 13, 2014 Ally rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I won a copy from Goodreads First Reads.

Tea Leafing is a rather long book after a rather long weekend. Running around four hundred pages or something like that, I spent most of my Saturday (yeah, it was awhile ago) trying to finish the book without being seen by relatives. You know relatives right? Those are the people who are trying to talk to you and draw you away from your reading roll.

Tea Leafing has nothing to do with tea leafing. It's not a predicting the future story. It's more of a con
Jacque
May 31, 2013 Jacque rated it it was amazing
Really, really liked this book. It is a fun read, great characters, good plot, beautifully set up for the next book. Can't wait to read the sequel. Way to go, Weezie!
Kimberly Taubner
Jun 18, 2013 Kimberly Taubner rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. Aside from some typos and some things that seemed random, it was very good. It great easy summer read.
John Lee ii
Mar 25, 2013 John Lee ii rated it it was amazing
Great story! Couldn't put it down. Hope there's a sequel!
Courtney
Sep 01, 2014 Courtney rated it really liked it
Shelves: girl-power, crime
*few spoiler alerts*
I won this book from the Goodreads giveaway. This book is the first in what I am hoping to be an exciting series. What I like about this book is that it is not one person trying to solve the death of her friend but a group they are also out for a little revenge. These group of women are very unique in each and every way but are bonded through their lifestyle. I love how the author described these characters it reminded me a lot how Peggy Webb describes her characters so you g
Dave
Feb 25, 2014 Dave rated it liked it
Full disclosure - I received this as a First-Reads Giveaway.

While this was a good book, and I thoroughly enjoyed it, I would not rate it a top-tier mystery, character story, or adventure. There was very good character development and interaction, but it seemed to fall short of real insight. Dialogue was very good, and fit the characters well. The lifestyle of the strippers and others was very plausible, as were some of the aspects of the club - other aspects were very implausible.

The pace of the
Sandi Widner
Jun 01, 2013 Sandi Widner rated it it was amazing
A five star review for "Tea Leafing" by Weezie Macdonald

Dear Readers: What if you had to live life anonymously? Hiding your job? Knowing all your friends by pseudonyms? Being constantly vigilant to make sure you aren't being watched or followed? This is life for our four main characters, Sam, Grace, Birdie, and Mary Jane. They are exotic dancers living in Atlanta, and life is pretty good until one of their own is murdered.

In their search for the murderer, they uncover a darkness lurking just bel
Julie Wilken
Feb 27, 2014 Julie Wilken rated it really liked it
Very interesting first novel! Looking forward to the rest of the series.
Joyce
Jan 22, 2014 Joyce rated it it was amazing
Very clever character and plot development.
Easy reading, cannot figure out the ending until the end.
Interestingly contemporary in plot and characters.
Really enjoyed the writing.
Gina Benway
Jan 15, 2014 Gina Benway rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best
this book had me hooked from the start! The main 4 characters keep me on the edge of my seat, Sam was my favorite. This is a must read! You will not be disappointed!! I hope there is more to come, would love to read more about, Sam, Birdie, Grace and MaryJane! This is deff one of my favorite new books!!!
Rosie Mcclurg
Jan 25, 2014 Rosie Mcclurg rated it really liked it
I received this book from the author and I so enjoyed it and could not put it down. The girls in the book all had such unique personalities and close friendships, only caring and wanting to protect each other. I loved the twist and turns on how they figured out what to do to get back at those who were involved in killing their friend. Really a good read and look forward to your next. Thank you again for the opportunity to sit and relax with such a good book. Rosie Mc Clurg
Carol
Jan 13, 2014 Carol rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
First of all, I am new to Goodreads and I received this book for free signed by the author. That was a very nice surprise.The book kept my attention and I have to say the characters were lively and interesting, especially Birdie.Since the previous reviews are quite accurate, there is no need to explain it again. I do look forward to your future books Weezie.
Marie
May 08, 2014 Marie rated it it was ok
The concept was there, but the rest was just really boring for me and hard to get into and to really care about what was happening. Birdie was a great character though. I liked her. The rest of the characters were a little forgettable though. This book was very long and very dull.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I won this from a Goodreads Give away
Meredith Benson
Jan 12, 2014 Meredith Benson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic Read!

I could not put this book down! Suspenseful, smart and witty. It kept me hoping this book wouldn't end. This better be turned into a movie. I would love to see it come together on the big screen!
Pam
Mar 31, 2013 Pam rated it it was amazing
What a page turner. This is a great read and a fascinating peek behind the scenes.
Amanda
Mar 24, 2014 Amanda marked it as to-read
Shelves: first-reads
Won as part of the Goodreads first reads program. Can't wait to read it!
Nicole
Jul 09, 2014 Nicole rated it liked it
really good story!
Darcy
Darcy marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2016
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was ok
Jan 14, 2016
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2016
Danika Michelle Wilkes
Danika Michelle Wilkes rated it really liked it
Nov 28, 2015
Erika
Erika marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2015
Jenn M
Jenn M added it
Feb 12, 2016
  • Heard It Through the Grapevine
  • Elvis and the Tropical Double Trouble
  • Good Pussy Bad Pussy: Rachel's Tale
  • When Will My Grown-Up Kid Grow Up?: Loving and Understanding Your Emerging Adult
  • Loving Again (Second Chance, #2)
  • I Can't Believe I'm Not Bitter: Confessions of a Woman Who Bends the Rules
  • The Albatross Syndrome
  • City of Silver: A Mystery
  • Welcome to the Funny Farm: The All-True Misadventure of a Woman on the Edge
  • Chocolate Fondue
  • Constantinople (The Gilded Mirror #3)
  • My Deliberate Mistake
  • An Apple A Day: 365 Recipes with Creative Crafts, Fun Facts, and 12 Recipes from Celebrity Chefs Inside!
  • Crime & Passion