Start by marking “Allegiance Sworn (The Light Blade, #3)” as Want to Read:
Allegiance Sworn (The Light Blade, #3)

Allegiance Sworn (The Light Blade #3)

3.96  ·  Rating Details  ·  272 Ratings  ·  46 Reviews
There is no mercy in the demon realm. No escape. In this place of desperation and conflict, anyone who is not purebred is virtually powerless. Until a demon leader seeks to unify the races...
With the alliance of the humans and the half-blood Na'Chi forged, the demon Na'Reish prepare for war by seizing human blood-slaves. Captured during a rescue mission-gone-wrong, Light
ebook
Published April 2nd 2013 by Berkley Books

To ask other readers questions about Allegiance Sworn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Allegiance Sworn

Bec McMaster
Jun 07, 2013 Bec McMaster rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my favourite of the series, which is saying something, because I loved the other two! But I found that both Arek and Imhara were fantastic characters and Imhara is one of my favourite types of heroines. For a woman in a patriarchal society she is so strong; bowing her head when she needs to, manipulating, plotting, thinking a couple of steps ahead of her enemy. As for Arek, he stole the show for me the second he walked into the room in Alliance Forged. And his story delivered! Some smok ...more
Book Chatter-Cath
I thought I knew what was going to happen in this, the third instalment of The Light Blade series. I thought I knew where this story was going, where the twists and turns would take me - oh how wrong was I!

Forget all you think you know when reading Allegiance Sworn, because Kylie Griffin has changed it up; her characters take a direction that I didn't see coming and it's an adventurous ride indeed! From start to finish, I experienced the gamut of emotions, my preconceived ideas of this book obli
Edan Marie Esquibel
this cannot be possibly the end for the Light Blade series!!!
Kylie Griffin you have to do a follow up story! For the sake of humanity! for the sanity of us hooked here! I mean, what happens to the war at hand????? I want to see Savyr's head on a spear!

If you ever tell us the Light Blade is done...
description

The end of this book was a cliff hanger!! Okay, although there's consolation with the fact that there's a happy resolution of Arek and Ihmara, I can't dismiss the fact that there is a war and their tr
Barb Lie
Apr 27, 2013 Barb Lie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Allegiance Sworn by Kylie Griffin is the third book in her Light Blade series. For those of you who may not have read my reviews on the first two books, this is Urban Fantasy Romance. In this world created by Griffin, we have Humans, Na’Reish (demons), and Na’Chi (half demons). The series premise is built around the Light Blade warriors, and their battle against the Na’Reish demons. In the first two books, Kalan, the Light Blade Chosen, and his sister, Kymora, who is the Priestess, had their sto ...more
Johnny Carruthers
Patiently waiting for this book to be published.

Okay, maybe NOT so patiently.
Carien
Jun 14, 2013 Carien rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr, fantasy
This is a very enjoyable read.

It may be the third book in a series, but it's perfectly readable as a standalone. As far as I understand it these books are connected because of the overall storylines, but each book is focused on a different couple.

The world building was very intriguing. The idea of the different demon clans and castes was interesting and lend itself well for a suspenseful story. The setting alone would have been enough to keep me reading to find out more, luckily the story and
Aalia Khan Yousafzai
Allegiance sworn is my most favourite Light Blade book so far and that's why, I give it all my five stars. I didn't really enjoy Vengeance Born that much, though I carried on with it as the ending promised the much awaited story that I now love! I was on the edge all along while reading this book, with possibilities, usually dreadful ones right around the corner in almost every situation. The last few pages of the book made my heart pound wildly! Just like the previous two Light Blade books, thi ...more
Wendy
Wow. I enjoyed the first 2 books in this series, but this one took it to a whole new level. It's dark, edgy, and oh so hot. I love this couple. Arek has been a favorite from the beginning. Oddly enough, I had it in my head that Liselle was the lucky girl in this book. I was several chapters in before I realized that couldn't be the case. Had to go look it up. Glad I was wrong. Imhara is hands down my favorite heroine yet in the Light Blade series. I suspect one of my favorites in any series.

This
Rachel- Goodbye Borders
I enjoyed the first book, the second one dragged a bit, but this one? From the get-go it held my attention with multiple things going on. I adored Imhara. She was smart, strong when she needed to be, and gave a little when she needed too. Arek was another strong, enjoyable character. I enjoyed seeing his transformation from angry and bitter to someone loving and trusting. Imhara and Arek's relationship is believable and very well done.
I liked several of the side characters and am curious if the
LibraryLass
4.5 stars. This series is getting better each book. I think the author is definitely in her groove with this one. A real shame there is NO news on when the next Light Blade book is out.
Seffra
3 stars!

Meet my Arek:

Meet my Imhara:
description

Uhmmm, well I was really excited about this book since Arek was a male who HATED the Na'Reish and couldn't accept the idea of co-existing with the Na'Chi. We got his hatred and animosity towards Imhara and her people.

I really liked Imhara as a character! She was insanely strong and woah. I really liked her! I also enjoyed learning about the Old Ways and how the people of the Lady used to live and how they should live to prosper.

However, I felt like this book
Jaq
Apr 30, 2014 Jaq rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I love this series, I just want to state how much I enjoyed this instalment. Well handled characters and an overarching plot, it was well handled and well written.

A really enjoyable book, with some well thought out characters.
Shelleyrae at Book'd Out

I was delighted when I discovered Kylie Griffin to be an Australian author writing in the paranormal fantasy genre. Published by Berkley in the US (and distributed by Penguin in Australia), Allegiance Sworn is the third book in Griffin's Light Blade series featuring the conflict between a brutal demonkind called the Na'Reish and the Light Blade warriors who protect the human race.

In Vengeance Born we were introduced to Annika, the half-blood daughter of the Na'Reish king desperate to escape her
Alyssa :::Riverina Romantics:::
Posted At: Riverina Romantics
Rating: 5 out of 5 *
Romance Rating: 4 out of 5 <3

To say I was blown away by this book is an understatement. This was everything I love about a romance novel and more. All the necessities were there--captivating story, amazing characters, hot sex—but what I wasn’t expecting was the depth and entrancement of the world this book took place in. I felt like I was in a completely different existence where I not only feared for the characters, but I feared for myself as
Jaclyn
Apr 11, 2013 Jaclyn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, magic, romance
The Light Blade has been a solid fantasy romance series. The world building is interesting and I like the fact that each subsequent book has built on the main conflict between the humans (and their new allies, the Na'Chi) and the Na’Reish.

What I've liked so far about this series is the world building in it. Griffin creates a fairly unique world with two races that are constantly clashing with one another. This long standing war has been complicated by the appearance of the Na'Chi (who are part-
Crazy4more
Aug 30, 2013 Crazy4more rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 stars.. And totally stoked that Ms.Kylie Griffin followed and discussed this book along with me.

WOW, I loved this series and this 3rd book is no exception...best...yet! The series touched so many facets of life, from dealing truths, lies and betrayals; overcame fears, prejudice; the strength in loyalty, love and trust in one's faith. Astounding!

Arek's true journey started as a prisoner and lived behind enemy lines. Not all Na'Reish were the same but can he surpass his life-long hatred, vengea
prk
Aug 17, 2013 prk rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: aurealis-awards
Arek Barial is a Light Blade warrior, sworn by the Lady to defend humanity and kill all the demon Na’Reish who prey on them for slaves and food. When Arek is captured, he hides his abilities and masquerades as a farmer, attempting to penetrate the Na’Reish strongholds as a slave and kill as many highborn as possible.

Imhara Kaal is the only female Na’Reishi leader, of a clan which secretly follows the Old Ways of the Lady, with humans, half breeds and Na'Reish living together peacefully. However
Fafiliebe ♥ Prince Maxon ♥ Raffe ♥
I think 4.3 stars...

so the story begins with Arek captured as a prisoner for the Na'reisch.. but he was captured with them not knowing he was a light blade, rather a normal human with no gift..

Arek... i LOved his character from the 1st book.. he is stubborn, loyal... and soooooo cute... loved loved LOVED him.. and he have a huge prejudice... he was raised to hate the Na'reisch, seeing that his mother was captured and killed by them.. and his father suicidal after her death.. and to make it wors
Heather
I've enjoyed every novel in the Light Blade series and this one didn't leave me hanging. It was an easy read that pulled you along for the ride. I was never bored, and if I didn't have to work I would have been able to finish it even faster.

Imhara was an incredibly strong female lead. Her character was straight awesome. Her attitude, decisions, beliefs, she was well created and easy to sympathize with. Her situation is terrible and she takes it with a stunning amount of grace.

Arek was an equal
Marlana Krupp
May 09, 2015 Marlana Krupp rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy-demons
Griffin keeps improving as an author, which is always a pleasure to read. Keeping with the theme of slightly cliché romance, the story line was pushed ahead, involving a plot twist I didn't see coming, leading the way to book four. Having started this series with lukewarm feelings, I am now looking forward to the culmination of events and want to know how each relationship between characters evolves. I'm finding myself greatly anticipating book four!
The Window Seat
Mar 30, 2013 The Window Seat rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think that there is a clear pattern in series books. Either Book One or Book Two get bogged down in world building. Fortunately, by Book Three everything is usually full steam ahead! Allegiance Sworn is the third book in the Light Blade series - full steam! :)

Arek Barrial has had a rough year. He found out he had a demon half sister, his grandfather tried to kill said half sister (who is together with his best friend), he was part of a botched rescue mission where many of his friends were hurt
Hilary
Na'Chi/human relationships continue to develop, but now the story follows Arek, a man who detests the Na'Reish and must learn to deal with his prejudice and hatred.

This book turns the corner in the series from fantasy-with-a-romance element to romance-set-in-fantay. (view spoiler) The advantage, or drawback, depending on your viewpoint, is t
Mskychick
Feb 27, 2015 Mskychick rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook-owned
I never did fully buy into this romance. While I enjoyed both main characters, their romance seems too rapid and too unconvincingly flat.
PepperP0t
Lost in the last battle and thought to be dead, Arek Barial is still mourned by his Light Blade brethren. Another's sacrifice prevented Arek's death but not his capture.

Enroute to a Na'Reish stronghold to be a blood slave, Arek leads an impromptu coup that is soon thwarted. But the sudden turn in battle leaves Arek with a choice of trusting a Na'Reish or die battling them.

This entire review and others can be found at: http://www.ireadthatbook.com

Originally Read: June 5, 2014
Rating: 4 stars act
Trina
Mar 21, 2014 Trina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-stars
3.5**
Anna
Apr 28, 2014 Anna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Demons are not usually my thing. In fact, paranormals that are more sci-fi than urban fantasy are not usually my thing. So, imagine my surprise when I really enjoyed this book. Which just goes to show you that sometimes reading outside your comfort zone is worth it.
Karina
May 04, 2013 Karina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the third book in the light blades series. I've read all three now. Thoroughly enjoyed each one. This book and the other two had me up till all hours of the night totally engrossed. Kylie has you hooked and feeling like you know the characters. If I was a writer I'm sure I would give this review more justice. I just can't verbalise how much I loved reading her books. All three. I had high expectations for allegiance sworn all were met. Looking forward to more from Kylie griffon.
Imelda Evans
Apr 29, 2013 Imelda Evans rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was very keen to get this latest installment in the Light Blade series and I wasn't disappointed. It's all go in this one, with danger at every turn and a sizzling central relationship. The only reason it didn't get five stars is that the middle one is still my favourite. And because there is something that the bloodthirsty part of me wanted to happen in this one that didn't. Can't say more for fear of spoilers, but you'd better sort that in the next one, Griffin, or there will be words!
Cate Ellink
Apr 16, 2013 Cate Ellink rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think Kylie Griffin's books have grown stronger each time. There's so much keeping Arek and Imhara apart - Arek's hatred and distrust, Imhara's fierce independence and desire to put her clan first - and the story weaves around these two characters as they fight their attraction, grow, change and develop. I thought it was very clever and realistic. A truly remarkable story, set in a fantasy world but with so many themes relevant to my life.
Helen
Apr 19, 2013 Helen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an amazing story so sensual and moving as Arek and Imhara learn to trust themselves and move on with life against the demons. I loved it from start to finish. This series gets better with every book thank you Kylie for another fantastic installment in this series.
Get Lost in a Story: Kylie Griffrin visits Get Lost in a Story 1 2 May 29, 2013 07:11AM
  • Spy's Honor (Hearts and Thrones, #2)
  • My Lady Mage (Warriors of the Mist, #1)
  • Beauty and the Brooding Boss
  • Colonist's Wife
  • Awakening
  • The Tears of the Rose (The Twelve Kingdoms, #2)
  • Tyler's Story (Tales of Quelondain)
  • Lost Soul (Dark World, #2)
  • Legacy of the Wolf (The Gray Pack #3)
  • Quick Fix (Ciel Halligan, #2)
  • Redemption (The Seven Signs, #2)
  • Wicked as She Wants (Blud, #2)
  • Central (Daughters Of Saraqael, #2)
  • Dying Wish (Sentinel Wars, #6)
  • Daysider (Nightsiders #1)
  • Just My Luck (Shamrock Falls, #3)
  • Fake Fiance, Real Revenge (Three River Ranch, #3)
  • Call of the Siren (Demons of Infernum, #4)
Kylie Griffin’s addiction to all things paranormal started at an early age when she imagined the jacaranda tree in her front yard was a spaceship or castle tower used to defend the world from hordes of invading enemies. Writing stories seemed like a natural extension.

By day she’s a primary school teacher but at night she writes paranormal romances for the Berkley Sensation line. She credits two wo
More about Kylie Griffin...

The Light Blade (3 books)
  • Vengeance Born (The Light Blade, #1)
  • Alliance Forged (The Light Blade, #2)