Wrecked

Wrecked (Barnes Brothers #1)

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  777 ratings  ·  150 reviews
In the nineties, Abigale Applegate and Zach Barnes were the most beloved sitcom child stars in the world. Then they grew up and left Hollywood behind...
Whatever happened to Abigale Applegate?
She's been wondering the same thing.
With her Hollywood dreams long gone, Abigale now has a nice, neat, uncomplicated life--until the day her perfect fiance needs to talk. Dumped, a...more
ebook
Published April 2nd 2013 by Berkley Books

To ask other readers questions about Wrecked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wrecked

Paula

-- A Romantic Book Affairs Review

Abigale Applegate thought she wanted normal. To settle down and focus on her life plan. But when her fiancé dumps her two months before the wedding, telling her she’s not being true to herself, her neat and orderly life comes crashing down on her. That is, until Zach Barnes, her best friend of seventeen years helps her pick up the pieces. He gifts her with a copy of a journal called Wreck This Journal. The journal is to help her let things go, be spontaneous, sto...more
seton
Awww, unrequited love and friends-to-lovers. How could I resist? I didnt even bother to check the book blurb since I thought this bk was about SHIPS, so thanks to all my friends who brought it to my attention. What a bad title tho.

SW used to do these tropes all the time (my fave of these is One of the Guys) but it's been a while; I thought she had given up and is doing paranormal altogether. Altho I enjoyed this bk, I have to admit that I would have preferred if this had been an Ellora's novella...more
Aditi
Sometimes it takes a lot of time to realize who you truly love, meaning at first we all have to fall for the wrong guy/girl. That's what the coming-of-age love-drama-chick-lit novel; 'Wrecked' is all about.

Abby and Zach were the two most-popular child actors of their times. Fast forward, Abby is all grown-up and is dumped by her fiancée. Figuring out no place to go, she leans on to her long-time best friend, Zach for support, who provides her with a journal, which wrecks her life and lets herse...more
Jess
Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads
Blog rating: B+

Abby and Zach were child actors who met on the set of their show and became best friends as teens. They’re still best friends today and Abby is now dealing with a broken engagement. Her life plan has gone off track and she’s struggling with the realization that her ex just wanted to be with “actress” Abigale, and not the woman she currently is and wants to be. She thought they were in love and realizing that he only loved what he wanted her...more
Heller
3.75

Oh Zach. That's a long time to carry a torch, my friend, a long time.

Best friends and former child actors Abby and Zach are made for each other. Too bad only one of them realizes that, it's hard to see the pain and heartache that Zach has been putting himself through for years. Some great characters here and the sex scenes are smoking hot. Like whew, hot.

About Zach:
(view spoiler)...more
Holly
I adore a good best friends turned lovers theme and this one was good.

I loved how well they fit together. They truly were best friends who knew everything about each other. That they had sexual chemistry - once they crossed that line - was just an added bonus. I had no problem believing they could go the distance.
Buddy read with Ange

Wrecked was my last read of 2013 and what a way to end the year on a reading high because I absolutely loved this book! I love a good friends to lovers story and this was a brilliant one with some of the most likeable characters I've come across in a long time.

Abby and Zach have been best friends since they were child stars on a TV show together but Abby never had the slightest clue that Zach was head over heels in love with her. Abby's childhood was a bit of a nightmare with...more
Angela
4.5 Stars - I decided to round this up because the more I think about it the happier I am, and the less the little things that bothered me even matter anymore.

Review:
I first became intrigued with the idea of this book when I heard something mentioned in regards to Wreck This Journal; I've had my eye on it ever since. Finally, finally I read an excerpt and was hooked. I immediately purchased it, and settled in to read.

Wrecked (previously titled Wreck This Life) had me at the beginning with the...more
Mei
Friday I downloaded The Protected and wanted sooo bad to start it, but I was very, very busy at work and I could upload the book on my reader only two minutes before going home, so in a rush I opened my Shiloh Walker folder and bindly drag and dropped the book the last book there without looking at the title... So I ended with Wrecked on my reader.
I strated reading it without looking on the title (thinking that I was reading the Protected)!
I keep asking myself where was the suspense! LMAO

This b...more
Danielle
Review originally posted at Ramblings From This Chick

If I'm completely honest, I'm bummed that I'm finished with this book. I was not ready to be done with Abby and Zach. They had such great chemistry with one another that it was a pleasure to read their story.

I'm a sucker for the friends to lover's troupe and this one was done oh so well. This is one of my favorite books that I've read in a while and I can't wait to read more. I seriously hope that this book is part of a series because I loved...more
E_bookpushers
Joint review originally posted here: http://thebookpushers.com/2013/04/04/...

Publisher: Berkely

Publish Date: April 2nd

How we got this book: e-ARC from author

Whatever happened to Abigale Applegate?

She’s been wondering the same thing.

Nymeria
How strange.

The last book I read,Come Be My Love by Diana Brown, featured a heroine so deeply (and unreasonably) in love with the hero that she completely changes her life for him while he remains oblivious and lives his life with other women for years.

Wrecked is basically the same story but here it's the hero who's been pining for the heroine. And for 17 years no less. He owns the heroine of Come Be My Love in that department.

I had Wrecked on my Kindle in my TBR folder and clicked on it without...more
Amanda Byrne
While I enjoyed this book, and I'll most likely pick up something on Walker's backlist, there were a few things that bugged me.

I love that Abigale is quite content to live her life according to her own rules, that she doesn't bend to Hollywood's version of beauty. And Zach's approach to wooing her makes a lot of sense...and DAYUM does he sound hot. Yum. The way their relationship changes actually comes about naturally, despite the crazy jump start it got.

But Abby's actions toward the end struck...more
Darcy
Although I did get tired of Zach hiding his feelings for Abby and Abby for being clueless, I did enjoy reading this one. Things really started to get fun after the two finally hooked up and Abby started to clue into Zach's feelings, seemingly dropped by family and friends. I thought Zach's trip to the hospital would do it, but it didn't, instead things boiled down to jealousy and betrayal. For some reason I loved Abby's uncomfortableness at this point, loved how she was forced to wake up and rea...more
Carolyn (Book Chick City)
Loved this. So, so good.

Boy, was this a fab read. A friends-to-lovers romance that was intense, romantic and sexy as hell. I wanted Zach for myself! The hero and heroine were so good as friends but even better as lovers, I didn't want their story to end. Of course there were a few niggles, as with any book. The heroine was a bit slow on the uptake, but this was such a great story, with wonderful characters and it had me completely hooked. I couldn't put it down, not even for a minute.
Marie McKean
4.5 STARS -

Oh Zach, this review is for you. I mean, why do you have to be all devoted, loyal, strong, and utterly infatuating with your golden streaked hair and piercing blue eyes?

I mean, come on! How is a girl supposed to resist that??

Especially when you've got tattoos, a strong chiseled jaw, and a seriously playful wit that just makes every heart you come in contact with moan with glee as the fires of desire are lit within them.

Yep...that's you.

Which is why it's easy to see why the more I...more
Lady Lioness
3.5 stars, but that may be more personal preference than anything.

I wanted to read this because I was intrigued by the premise of two child sitcom stars being all grown-up and falling in love. However, this is not a famous person romance. There were very few mentions of being on the sitcom and no descriptions or flashbacks. There is one minor, very brief, encounter with a fan, but Abby spends most of the book talking about how she hated the life, how she never wants to go back, how she wants to...more
Melanie
I don't normally read contemporary romance much. I'm more into paranormal or suspense. I like the action and fast paced story lines. However, I do read Shiloh Walker's contemporary romances. She develops great characters and a storyline that I don't get bored with. I started reading her books with a romantic suspense with some paranormal aspects to it. I've since fallen in love with her writing.

In this book, you have two former child actors who have stayed friends even after they left the busine...more
Sandy M
Shiloh Walker never disappoints the reader in me. Her characters are always intriguing, people you’d like to know. And the way she weaves a story together is imaginative and fun. However, it’s the emotional impact of her work that always resonates with me. It’s a soul-deep impact that pulls me further into the book, has its hooks in me until the very end. So while Wrecked is a very good read, for me the emotional punch I’ve come to expect from Ms. Walker doesn’t hit as deep as it usually does.

In...more
Bitchie *Bored Now*
Zach Barnes has been in love with his best friend Abigale for what seems like forever. Since they were kids starring in the same tv show. Abigale has been clueless the whole time, but everyone around them knows how Zach really feels.

Abigale ran from LA as fast as she could when her dad died. Anything to get away from that life, and her horrible, overbearing, star climber of a mother. She really thought nothing of it when Zach followed fairly soon after. She totally bought that he just happened t...more
Book Reading Gals
Title: Wrecked

Author: Shiloh Walker

Genre: Contemporary

Whatever happened to Abigale Applegate?

She’s been wondering the same thing.

With her Hollywood dreams long gone, Abigale now has a nice, neat, uncomplicated life—until the day her perfect fiancé needs to talk. Dumped, a little more than shattered, and totally confused, Abigale turns to Zach, her...more
Jen
Zach and Abs

Really enjoyed this one. Zach is just wonderful. Full review on Fiction Vixen Book Reviews

Best friends to lovers is one of my favorite romance tropes. Normally it is the girl falling for the guy and hiding it for so long but in Wrecked by Shiloh Walker the opposite happens and I adored our hero Zach for it.

Abigale Applegate and Zach Barnes have been best friends for what seems like ever. As children they were co-stars on a successful sitcom. The glamorous life is not what either one...more
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)

WRECKED started off with a surprise. First of all, because it’s really the first time I read this author with this type of book. I’ve Shiloh’s contemporary romance before, but this one is very much so a sweet and sexy type. So needless to say a surprise for me.

Zach and Abby were very popular child stars and had a successful show together. Now adults, they’ve both stayed away from Hollywood. Abby is a planner and had her life mapped out. She’s checked every item off her list ahead of time, excep...more
Nicole
Joint review originally posted here: http://thebookpushers.com/2013/04/04/...

MinnChica: This story holds a very special place in my heart. First of all, I was with Walker at the Tucson Festival of Books the weekend that she found the WRECK THIS JOURNAL and this story was born. Second, it takes place in my hometown, Tucson, and I love the fact that my city is so wonderfully portrayed. Third, this is a friends to lovers story, and one that is done in such a way that I found myself falling head ove...more
Cristin Boykin
5 amazing stars. Crap I fell head over heels in love with Zach Barnes. This wonderful man has loved Abby for 17 years and has watched her fall in love and get engaged and never let on about his feelings for her. When her engagement ends is it time for him to tell her how he feels. well you will need to read the book to find out. I couldn't put this book down and I loved every minute of it.
Heidi
With her Wreck This Journal in hand Abigail decided to change her life path after getting dumped by her fiancé. The journal was to help her let things go. Her 'go to list' was:-

1. Stop worrying so much about the future
2. Call Roger (her ex-fiance) and tell him off
3. Flip off the next photographer you see
4. Get a tattoo
5. Have a torrid affair with a hot guy

Zane her best friend, has held a torch for Abby for -- forever. Only he couldn't let her see it and she didn't see it. There's the problem fo...more
Gilles
This was a great book. I love romances that start with a really great friendship. How sad that Zach hid his feelings for Abby for so long. I liked Zach and Abby so much I wanted them to hurry up and figure it out...which resulted in me devouring this book almost in one sitting. I'm hoping for a follow up or two with a couple of the great supporting characters. (Zane - yumm!) I also think I need a Wreck This Journal of my own.
Karen Scott
Thanks so much to Shiloh Walker for sending me the ARC of Wrecked. I'm a sucker for a good friends to lovers story, and this one was exceptional.

Loved, loved, loved Zach, and Abigale. I loved them together and separately, they were everything you could ask for in a romance hero and heroine.

Ms Walker is one of my favourite authors, and I can't remember the last time I read a book of hers that I didn't enjoy.

I'll post a more comprehensive review at a later date, but rest assured, if you love a g...more
Claudia
So many rave reviews but this book didn't excite me like a 4- or 5-star book. These two were hot for each other but it was annoying that the whole world knew he loved her and she never saw it. She just seemed clueless. He can't hid his feelings that well for 17 years. And why so much drama over telling someone you love them. It should have been easier because they already did love each other as friends. JUST TELL SOMEONE YOU LOVE THEM AS SOON AS YOU FIGURE IT OUT BECAUSE IT DESERVES TO BE SAID A...more
  • Surrender (Section 8, #1)
  • High Risk (Adrenaline Search & Rescue, #1)
  • Hot Summer Nights (Bluebonnet, #2.5) (Serendipity, #3.5) (Hope, #0.5)
  • Unbuttoned (Silver Creek, #0.5)
  • The Winning Season
  • Bare Knuckle (Vegas Top Guns #5)
  • In the Clear (Winter Rescue #1)
  • Unforgettable (The Dalton Gang, #3)
  • Reservations for Two
  • Knowing the Score (London Legends #1)
  • Just What He Wanted (Holloway, #4)
  • Midnight Games (Killer Instincts, #3)
  • The Summer He Came Home (Bad Boys of Crystal Lake, #1)
  • Uncommon Passion (Uncommon, #2)
  • Suddenly You
  • Sea Glass Winter: A Shelter Bay Novel (Shelter Bay #5)
  • The Chocolate Rose (Amour et Chocolat, #3; La Vie en Roses, #1)
  • Lush (Delicious, #3)
Hello... thanks for swinging by. I don't log into Goodreads much, so if you have questions, please visit my website to email me through my site.
Thank you!

My other me.... J.C. Daniels

Bio...

Shiloh Walker has been writing since she was a kid. She fell in love with vampires with the book Bunnicula and has worked her way up to the more...ah...serious vampire stories. She loves reading and writing anyt...more
More about Shiloh Walker...
If You Hear Her (The Ash Trilogy, #1) Fragile (Rafferty, #1) Broken (Rafferty, #2) The Missing (The FBI Psychics, #1) If You See Her (The Ash Trilogy, #2)

“Abby,” he murmured, lifting a hand to curve around her neck. “I love you.”

A sob slipped free and she wrapped her arms around his waist. One of his hands cupped the back of her neck and cuddled her in close.

As he bent around her, he whispered, “I’ve loved you so long, I can’t remember what it’s like to not love you. And I’ll go to my grave loving you. You’re my everything.”
7 likes
“Important describes what I have to do by April 14. Important describes my license renewed, my bills paid, payroll... Abby. You're not important. You're everything.” 6 likes