Start by marking “Deadly Deception (Deadly #1)” as Want to Read:
Deadly Deception (Deadly #1)

Deadly Deception (Deadly #1)

Dr. Anne Jamison, a brilliant neuropsychiatrist, is living the concrete jungle life in Minneapolis with her fiancé, prominent attorney Adam Whitney. But the mysterious death of Carter Leeds, her beloved former boyfriend, still haunts her…

After three years of unanswered questions, a mysterious package finds its way to Anne. The note inside reveals the possibility that Carte
Published March 7th 2013 by Lophan Publishing (first published November 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Deadly Deception, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadly Deception

Rochelle
Jan 04, 2014 Rochelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After hearing the gossip floating around about Deadly Deception I knew that I just had to read it. This is not one of those stories that I would recommend reading ANY spoilers on.Thank goodness was not given anything other than READ IT!

Dipping my toes into the waters of this Romantic Suspense I have to admit I was a little weary, in general I am very big into Paranormal Romance but Andrea J. Beck managed to not only grab me but drown me in the deep depths of her imagination.

Reading Deadly Decept
Andrea Beck
Sep 07, 2013 Andrea Beck rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Of course I rated my book five stars. My soul is wrapped up into each word, sentence, and paragraph. Anne, Carter, Adam are more than just characters, they are living breathing people who have come into my life and changed it for the better. Though Adam and Anne's story will conclude in Deadly Revelation (due 2014), other stand alone books will follow in the Deadly Series.

This is a new book, not just a re-edit or re-publication of the original self-published, Deadly Deception. Under Montlake Ro
Stephanie
Oct 27, 2013 Stephanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those who love thrillers, crime dramas
Strap yourself in and get ready for a very twisted ride. Deadly Deception by Andrea Johnson Beck is one of my favorite recent reads. The characters are both realistic and greater than reality at the same time. The story lines created by the author will draw you in through action and emotion, and you'll find yourself staying awake in the wee hours of the night to find out what happened to Anne and Carter. Andrea Johnson Beck has a keen sense of description. You'll feel the rhythm of sound and mov ...more
Melyssa Williams
My favorite line of the whole book was this:

"God help me, I love you, Anneliese, but you are really starting to piss me off."

HA! In the midst of extreme suspense I burst out laughing. I love books that throw some humor in a tense situations, or some crying in the midst of your laughing. It was a spot-on, pitch perfect moment for me!

I also loved the mezzanine scene. Between the pearls and the is he or isn't he and the tumbling and the saving and the falling and did I mention the pearls? Yeah, it
Sarah  Platt
A can't put me down

I LOVED this book! I never wanted to put it down! The plot and characters always kept you guessing!

When old loves haunt your life and memories of past eat at your soul, sometimes they can come back and get you. Anne learns this the hard way.

How do you decipher a web of lies? Choose between the man you loved and thought you lost and the man you currently love?

Anneliese must untangle deceit, fight her demons of the past, heal her wounds, and discover where her heart lies and he
Aoife Sheridan
Nov 24, 2012 Aoife Sheridan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Firstly this is my first time ever reading something other then fantasy. But I have to say this book was very well written, and easy to follow. I liked Anne the main character, as she was flawed and easy to relate to. There was a lot of twist and turns, but It kept me turning the pages, to see who was lying. I swear I was pointing the finger back and forth. ( When you read it you will understand what I mean). I am looking forward to reading the next installemnt, to see what happens, to Anne and ...more
Vanessa
Sep 07, 2013 Vanessa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All my friends
Wow, I loved this book! Read the original version but the revamped version totally exceeded by expectations. Every time I thought I had the plot figured out there was another twist. The authors' writing makes me feel like I am right there with the characters. This is a must read and I will be recommending this book to all my friends. I can't wait to read the next book by Andrea Johnson Beck.
Vanessa
Jun 04, 2013 Vanessa rated it it was amazing
This book was awesome! I've had it on my TBR list forever and never got around to reading it. Glad I finally did and I should have read this a long time ago!!! Loved this book so much that I read it in less than 3 hours. Every time I thought I had the plot figured out there was another twist. This is a must read and I can't wait to read the next book by Andrea Johnson Beck
Carmeloo1
Feb 04, 2014 Carmeloo1 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book, mostly, in fact I couldn't put it down.
I was VERY irritated about the end: but I see now that it is part of a series - so I will have to read the next one as soon as it is released! [Maybe a teaser chapter at the end could have been added?]
Stephanie
Nov 25, 2012 Stephanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic! Deadly Deception had me talking out loud several times.... "He did what?!" It kept my attention to the very last paragraph. The characters are very likable and real. By the end of the book you are really rooting for some and against others. I can't wait for the second in the series!
Carrie
Feb 18, 2014 Carrie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of those, I need a book that's light and quick. Lots of twists to this romantic suspense novel. Fast read - good for the beach or airplanes. Doesn't require a lot of thought - just easy and fun.
Shannon Dyer
Round up to 3.5 stars. Review published at AudioGals.
Lori
Dec 29, 2012 Lori rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

The story begins with Dr. Anne Jamison; she is just coming out of a hypnosis session. Anne suffers greatly from severe anxiety attacks. The attacks have been coming to her for the last three years, ever since her boyfriend Carter Leeds went missing and was presumed dead. Anne has spent the past three years in treatment and trying to rebuild her life. She is very pleased with the progress she has been making moving forward and recently became engaged to Adam and believes that things are progressi
Heather
Jun 01, 2013 Heather rated it it was amazing
What can I say about Deadly Deception?

I LOVED it!

And now I’m dying.

Cuz I have to wait for the sequel.

Why do my favorite authors do that to me?

That’s why they are my favorites, they leave me wanting more whether it’s the next in a series or the next stand alone book to be released.

Back to the review.

Andrea, Andrea, Andrea. Man. That was so so so good. I’m sorry I’ve waited this long to read it.

I do not like to do spoilers, so I won’t, but I have to say, I did not see that [ending] coming. I was s
Maria
Dec 30, 2012 Maria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-thriller
I literally read this book in 24-hours (including sleep and work), yes I must have loved it. When I finished the last page, I thought no this can't be it, I need to know more (sequel scheduled for 2014.)

Basic plot (without spoilers)...Dr. Anne Jamison has recovered from the mysterious death of her boyfriend three years ago. She is engaged and moved past those dark times. Or has she? She discovers that her past love may yet be alive and her fiance may have had a hand in what happened to the man
Kayla Melser
Jun 17, 2014 Kayla Melser rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy cow I read this book in like 6 hours (with small breaks scattered in there). This is the first book by Andrea Johnson Beck that I have read, it is also the first book in her Deadly series. Mrs. Beck has a a very, very twisted mind and I love it! It is well written, and the story flows very well, the characters are well developed and it is amazing all the way around.

In this book you meet Dr. Anne Jamison, who is a neuropsychiatrist running her own clinic with her best friend Casey. Anne com
My Book Addiction and More MBA
DEADLY DECEPTION by Andrea Johnson Beck is an exciting romantic suspense. Book 1 in the "Deadly" secrets. A quick read full of deceit,secrets,danger,romance,lies,one fiance presumed dead,another fiance possibly an assassin,and passion. Don't mix lies with romance! If you like the T.V. show the Sopranos,you will enjoy "Deadly Deception". Filled with twists and turns, you will not be able to tell the good from the not so good until the very end. Follow Anne Jamison,Adam Whitney,and Carter Leeds on ...more
Justine Gauckler
I found Deadly Deceptions to be a riveting and gripping book. When I started reading this book, I couldn’t picture the characters or the scene in my head. When Dr. Anneliese Jamison, a neuropsychiatrist, starts to talk about her own anxiety and need to “feel” normal, I was hooked. Ms. Beck was so in-depth with the emotions, the ache, and the unknown that I couldn’t put the book down. The way she had Anne caught up in a love triangle gave me goose bumps. She really kept me on the edge of my seat ...more
twelvejan [Alexandria]
3 deadly deceptive stars.

I didn't know this was part of a series. Usually it will be bracketed next to the title if it is. I didn't realise it until the cliffhanger came right smack on my face. I was wondering why the H/h were still having a little tryst at the 96% mark instead of trying to take down the madman. The title, the cover art, and the blurb intrigues me. I was looking forward to a nice suspense book. I thought it was nicely-written with things like:-

Adam joined her as they washed awa
Steve Mills
Dr. Anne Jamison, brilliant neuropsychiatrist, living the concrete jungle life in Minneapolis with her fiancé, prominent attorney, Adam Whitney. The mysterious death of Carter Leeds, her former boyfriend, haunts her to this day. After three years of unanswered questions, a secretive note finds its way to Anne, revealing the possibility that Carter may in fact be alive, and that her very own fiancé may have had a hand in his attempted demise. Who really is Adam Whitney? Can Anne trust the man she ...more
Tabitha Wilson
Oct 15, 2013 Tabitha Wilson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVE ANNE!!! I love how she was manipulated and forced into this thing with Carter but she seen through the lies and games and realized what was going on before it was too late.

Then there is Adam... oh Adam. Willing to put his life on the line for Anne, quite literally by getting shot, and still not giving up. That is love! He never lost faith in Anne and knew that she would find her way back to him.

With Carter i can see both sides of him. His love for Anne but also the need for more power, mo
Jennifer Conn
Jun 03, 2013 Jennifer Conn rated it it was amazing
First and foremost, when is the movie coming out?! This was an absolutely gripping read! With this being Andrea's first book, I was amazed at how incredible it was. So easy to follow and get pulled in. I couldn't put this book down once I started! This was a book that screams for a movie deal. I would pay top dollar to see it! I loved the story line, the characters, the struggles, everything. I cannot wait for the next book in this series and strongly recommend you check this book out and the re ...more
Nov 11, 2013 Jennifer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have had the great honor and pleasure to read both versions of Deadly Deception and just when I thought Andrea couldn't make her book any better she does with this version. As a friend and author she never stops amazing me with her talent and creativity. This version expands on the characters and the plot but you are still second guessing every characters intentions. There isn't a disappointing moment in her book and when you finish reading you are left with one question at the end. "When will ...more
Sleepy
Mar 26, 2013 Sleepy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie-read
WOW! I am actually amazed at how much I liked this one. Read it in a day,I loved the suspense and the twist between Carter and Adam! Anneliese what she had to go through, heartbreak and pain at losing her "love". to turn around and find out there was so much Carter was hiding from her and what Adam really meant to her. Now I need to figure out when Deadly Redemption comes out. Need to finish the series! Second book that I got free that surprised me at how good it was!

HE WAS HER PAIN, HER SUFFERI
Bev
Jun 03, 2013 Bev rated it it was amazing
Deadly Deception has love, betrayal,deception,mystery. Definitely keeps you on your toes, you might think ok it will go this way ... but to your surpise it may or may not lmao .. the only way to find out is to Read this book. It is a great book. I give this book 5/5 . I can not wait to see what happens in the next book .
Tabitha Wilson
Sep 04, 2013 Tabitha Wilson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely LOVED this book! I started reading and couldn't put it down. By the end of the book I wanted to know what happens and what's going on in Anne's head. I feel like she is up to something big and that she has her own plans to take down Carter. I can't wait to see what happens next! I just hope Adam is being truthful about his love for her.
Heidi Brakken
Jan 09, 2014 Heidi Brakken rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing~sexy~edge of your seat book! Twists and turns you cannot see coming, and you are drawn into the story so much you find yourself rooting for different people, at different times, for different reasons. This book was gifted to me, and WOW! So glad it was. Absolutely cannot wait for the next book to figure out the next moves from everyone.
Dec 12, 2012 Jennifer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you are looking for a book that keeps you wanting more and were you can't put it down then you found the book for you! Chapter after chapter you find yourself more wrapped into the plot and before you know it you are at the end and wishing the second book was ready to read. Overall Deadly Deception is a very easy read, hard to put down, and something you will not be disappointed with!
Staci Hart
Apr 02, 2013 Staci Hart rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I curled up with this book over the weekend, and once I started I couldn't put it down.

Beck did a number on me - just when you think you know, BABAM. You don't know. You think you do, but you don't. So, hold on to your butts.

I don't want to give anything away, just pick it up and give it a shot. I can't wait to find out what happens! COME ON BOOK 2!!!
Christian Thomas
I was hooked on this book within the first few pages, unable to put it down. The author gives great attention to detail and makes you really care about the characters. Very suspenseful! Just like the main character, Anne, I didn't know who to trust! I'm very glad the next book in the series is set to come out soon. I can't wait to find out what is in store for Anne next!
  • Almost Paradise
  • Somewhere Between Black and White
  • Olivia
  • Unlock the Truth (Desert Heat #1)
  • Bayou Born (Fleur de Lis Series, #1)
  • The Heart Has Reasons
  • She Likes It Irish
  • Lovers' Feud (Caden Kink, #1)
  • Necessary Detour
  • Rescued by the Rancher
  • The Perfect Bride (Love in Disguise #1)
  • Best Laid Plans
  • Play for Me
  • My Everything
  • Beyond The Mask (The Beyond, #1)
  • Exposing Alix
  • Sex, Doug, and a Rocky Road
  • St Matthew's Passion: A Medical Romance
Amazon Best Selling Author

Andrea Johnson Beck was born in Sioux City, Iowa. From a young age, she enjoyed telling stories. Many her dad recorded. Writing was her creative outlet and at 10-years-old, her first poem was published in an anthology. Always curious, Andrea read and watched what was considered risqué in the 80's and early 90's, such as, books by VC Andrews. Dirty Dancing and Top Gun (snu
More about Andrea Johnson Beck...

Deadly (2 books)
  • Deadly Revelation (Deadly Novel, Book Two)

“Adam’s hands wrapped around her waist, his fingers splayed across her lower back, pulling her against him and eliminating the space between them. His kiss deepened as his tongue moved against hers.” 1 likes