Start by marking “Management Information Systems: Managing the Digital Firm” as Want to Read:
Management Information Systems: Managing the Digital Firm

Management Information Systems: Managing the Digital Firm

3.49  ·  Rating Details  ·  282 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
Information systems knowledge is essential for creating competitive firms, managing global corporations, and providing useful products and services to customers. This book introduces management information systems that readers will find vital to their professional success. Emphasizes the digital integration of the firm through enterprise applications (management of the sup ...more
Hardcover, Eighth Edition, 608 pages
Published February 20th 2003 by Prentice Hall (first published 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Management Information Systems, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Management Information Systems

Mauricio
Sep 03, 2012 Mauricio rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Un libro de estudio muy aburrido y cajonero cuya intención es dejar claro cómo utilizar la tecnología y los sistemas de información como un medio para producir más dinero en una empresa. Repite toda la teoría clásica de los sistemas de información, aunque actualmente sea poco útil aplicarla. Tiene bastantes casos y ejemplos de la vida real, aunque casi siempre son de empresas transnacionales demasiado grandes y con mucho dinero. Esto se aleja de la realidad de los administradores de empresas que ...more
Lindsay
It was a fairly decent textbook for a topic I knew really not much about before taking my MIS class. The writing style was engaging. But I did find the review questions and the case study questions to be fairly elementary for a master's class. They actually reminded me a lot of sixth-grade level questions. But, the case studies were interesting and practical, and it was interesting to see definitions and examples for things we use or do every day but don't think about.
Emma Louise
Adding another textbook because this one I actually read through properly and while it was for my study and some would argue it doesn't count, I truly think it does in this case because I read all of it.
It was rather easy to read, in some places probably a bit wordy and dragged on, and made reference to a couple of things I felt were irrelevant now like old Mac operating systems and MS-DOS. I think it could have mentioned obsolete things such as these and perhaps not spent so much time on them.
L
Kopec
Oct 31, 2012 Kopec rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you know nothing of information systems, this book can provide a decently solid foundation on which to build intellectual comprehension. I find that many textbooks suffer from ridiculous amount of clip art. Mostly generic images and the cliche 'one of every colour' business employees pretending to do some important board meeting. This book has cut back on such trivialities and only diagrams of actual merit.
Johir Hussain
Prasad
Sep 08, 2013 Prasad marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
xyz
Rachel Bayles
Interesting case studies. Well-laid out. Good, basic overview.
Mary Ellenor
Feb 24, 2015 Mary Ellenor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
This is really a helpful book for students.
Vivian Thomas
May 26, 2010 Vivian Thomas rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mba
Sorry Goodreads things aren't going to be like they used to be. Its been great, but there's someone else in my life now. No, its not you, its me. We sure had some real good times together. Maybe I'll see you around...
Nur Fadilla Octavianasari
well yeah managing systems and stuff, don't forget about supply chain management, costumer relationship management too!
Murshidul
Got very good basic ideas about the importance of Management Information Systems in a business environment
Nic
Oct 28, 2012 Nic rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Textbook for my MIS master's class...not bad, but not appropriate for the class.
Rebekka Steg
Decent, gives a lot of examples and the cd-rom that comes with it is very helpful.
Fredrick
Apr 24, 2013 Fredrick rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This can equip you with the requisite knowledge for information systems and even beyond
Athman Fadhili
I use it for teaching. It's a good reference for MIS students.
Carol
Jun 04, 2013 Carol rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
text for course. Dry, but the interactive sessions were helpful.
Angela
Decent information, nicely current, but not very... intelligent.
Nevey
Mar 14, 2011 Nevey marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I need this book for collage; I really want it so bad :(
Grumpylibrarian
Shelves: textbooks
Very informative book.
Joseph
Aug 07, 2008 Joseph rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is my textbook for my upcoming summer class. This is also the reason I haven't finished Myths America Lives By yet.

Not a bad intro to the topic, but, as often happens with textbooks, I can't imagine reading it without it being required for class.
Nivas
Feb 17, 2010 Nivas rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: b-school
MIS textbook
Agha
Aug 21, 2008 Agha marked it as to-read
gud
Ashveemy
Ashveemy marked it as to-read
May 01, 2016
  • The Strategy Process
  • Business Research Methods
  • Corporate Finance
  • Microeconomics
  • Business Analysis and Valuation: Using Financial Statements, Text and Cases
  • Entrepreneurship: Successfully Launching New Ventures
  • The Entrepreneurial Mindset: Strategies for Continuously Creating Opportunity in an Age of Uncertainty
  • Why Not?: How to Use Everyday Ingenuity to Solve Problems Big And Small
  • Contemporary Strategy Analysis
  • Fundamentals of Corporate Finance
  • Multinational Business Finance (11th Edition)
  • Macroeconomics
  • Investments
  • Economics
  • Principles Of Corporate Finance
  • Fundamental Methods of Mathematical Economics
  • Simplify Your Life with Kids: 1 Ways to Make Family Life Easier and More Fun
  • Management [With Access Code]

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »