Start by marking “The Iron Traitor (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Iron Traitor (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #2)

The Iron Traitor (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten #2)

4.14  ·  Rating Details ·  11,084 Ratings  ·  1,480 Reviews
In the real world, when you vanish into thin air for a week, people tend to notice.

After his unexpected journey into the lands of the fey, Ethan Chase just wants to get back to normal. Well, as normal as you can be when you see faeries every day of your life. Suddenly the former loner with the bad reputation has someone to try for; his girlfriend, Kenzie. Never mind that h
Published October 29th 2013 by Harlequin Teen (first published September 4th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Iron Traitor, please sign up.

Nikita Audiobook has finally been released. It is available at Audible or Amazon.

Ava Oceana
Aug 10, 2012 Ava Oceana marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I'm telling you, Keirran is bad news.
Melissa ♥ Dog Lover ♥ Martin

I mean, that ending..... are you serious right now?

Well, lets move away from that for a minute and let me crack on with it.

First: This cover is freaking amazing! I'm totally freaking in love with it. ❤ That is Keirran on the front and he's making it look even better - BUT - I want to kick him from one end of Nevernever to the other end!

Let me add an excerpt that you might not want to read because of **spoilers** from the other books.

My name is Ethan Chase.
Just shy of a week ago, I was drag
Khanh (the meanie)
I know that not all children turn out to be like their parents, but man, that Keirran is something else. It's the equivalent of Bill and Hillary Clinton having Justin Bieber as a son.

Judge me how you will, but not since Harry Potter #5 have my feelings been so heightened by the events of a book. I want to punch someone (Keirran). I want to yell at him. I want to pick him up and shake some goddamn sense into him. I want to hold Annwyl's hand and stay with her into that sad goodnight. I want to sh
Tanja (Tanychy) St. Delphi
Review also posted at Ja čitam, a ti?

There are authors that tend to put me through a lot of pain and misery while I have to wait for the next book. Julie Kagawa can also be classified as the author that likes to write cliffhangers. I have read The Iron Fey after all books were out so I didn't have to experience them then. Well that's why now I know how it feels.

After The Lost Prince we were back to Nevernever once again. A favorite land of mine. Unluckily for him Ethan's first contacts with thi
Chester Carstairs
Oct 26, 2012 Chester Carstairs rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-releases
Damn, Julie Kagawa has done it yet again! Oh, when will I ever stop putting myself through this author's miserable world? That freaking ending. I mean, what. the. hell.

Our beloved Kenzie and Ethan are back in the human world. For a short while, at least. Then Meghan showed up claiming Keirran is missing, a certain Thin Man is following Ethan, and the most worrisome of all... a Fading Annwyl.

This has been another crazy ride. We were taken into the Between, back to the wyldwood and even get to rev
Saniya
Aug 10, 2012 Saniya rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
So apparently I wrote this long lost reaction as soon I finished reading the book. And oh boy did I laugh at myself for being so emotional. So enjoy reading a emotional wreak's reaction, my fellow readers.

WHAT IN THE NAME OF FUCKERY FUCK WAS THAT?
I want to bitch slap Keirran so hard that he will feel the antagonizing pain deep in his coal black soul.
And then I want to bitch slap Titania so hard that she will forever be banished like that flunkee should have been centuries ago.
And then I want t
Librobaby
Nov 02, 2012 Librobaby rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
AFTER READING THE BOOK:

"how entangled my life would soon become with his,and how he would be the catalyst..for the end of everything"

When I read that line I knew without a doubt that Kierran would do something stupid.

Although, I was terrified of reading this book,I'm actually surprised that I liked Ethan and Kenzie here. I still don't get why Ethan hates Ash. I mean seriously who in their right mind would hate Ash

Ohhh..and I was screaming my head off whenever ASH, Meghan and Puck was being men
Rowing
Oct 23, 2012 Rowing marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
2013????
Photobucket

Like the the next year???
Photobucket

I have to wait for Ethan till September 2013?
Rimsha Salam
Check out my blogs for more reviews and book stuff: http://ramblingsofabookworm3.blogspot...

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG !!!!!!

I can not believe it!

The first book isn't even out yet and they already have a name for the second book "The Traitor Son"

image

Edit:
Just read Lost Prince and know the wait for this one is sooo totally agonizing!
image

This will probably be from Keirran's POV !
Julie
Oct 27, 2012 Julie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-books
Actual Rating 2.75 because I'm indecisive and like to cause trouble.

Kenzie's Rating: -20284382637384338 *explodes*

Excerpt of Forever Song's Rating: 1,000,000

Robin Goodfellow's (who I still refer to as Puck) rating: 20 bajillion unicorns

*dramatic sigh*

Well, well, well. I seem to be finding myself in this position more often than I'd like. This is like, the second consecutive book I've been so pumped to read, and then have been disappointed. Kagawa, what the heck? I still like you, but this book..
Linda Z
Nov 12, 2012 Linda Z marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
2...2013?
2013?
NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO.
I SWEAR IF KIERRAN IS THE TRAITOR SON I'M GOING TO- TO- TO- ...

HOW COULD HE DO THAT? ASH IS GONNA KILL HIM.I'M GONNA KILL HIM. HOW THE FREAK IS HE THE OFFSPRING OF MEGHAN AND ASH? IS HE ACTING THIS WAY BECAUSE HE'S IN LOVE? JUST BECAUSE IT WORKED FOR YOUR FREAKING DAD DOES NOT MAKING IT ACCEPTABLE FOR YOU TO GO ALL ASH ON ANNWYL TOO. NO. NO. NO.

You know what? I'll just wait and see.
No I lied. I'll just sit here and freak out.
Maggie ☘ (Reader in Wonderland)
*4,5/5 stars*

Firstly, Ash is still the best. Sigh.

“A silhouette was striding down the center of the road, heading for the alley we’d just vacated. Lean, tall, a long black coat rippling behind him, he was instantly recognizable. Even from this distance, I could see the glow of his sword, blue-black and deadly, and the glint of a cold silver eye.”

Now, I'm not going to bore you with my fangirling of this perfect male specimen, and onto the actual review ➵

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Wow! That ending w
Steph Sinclair
You know what? Julie Kagawa is an evil genius. If that wasn't evident with the ending in The Iron Queen or even with The Immortal Rules, she definitely drove the point home with The Iron Traitor's ending. I'm a little stunned this time around because I'm left wondering how she'll manage to end this thing in the next book. You'll have to excuse me if this review seems a little scattered, but the last few pages blew my little socks off into next Tuesday.

It's interesting that I'd have such a strong
Eileen
Aug 28, 2012 Eileen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Check out more of my reviews at ***Singing and Reading in the Rain***!

I will not hesitate to tell you that I was more than scared to read The Iron Traitor. I didn't know what opinions my book slump would provide for me, and I didn't want to be let down by one of my favorite authors. Luckily, that wasn't the case and I ended up loving it, the first book I've truly loved since May.

Apprehension was the first emotion I felt upon beginning. But those hesitant feelings slowly faded away to nothing as
Kristalia
Final rating: 4.5/5 stars

His dark gaze met mine. “You can’t save everyone,” he said in a gentle voice. “Sometimes, you have to make the decision to let them go.”

*Lights self on fire because of the cliffhanger* - the next book may not be able to put me out of fire (wait, does that even make any sense or anything?). The thing is, i freaking loved this book - enough to originally want to rate it 5 stars... so why didn't i? There are several reasons and most of them include some particular chara
Michele (Reading Lark/CanadianTwiMom)
My review can also be found at Reading Lark: http://readinglark.blogspot.ca/2013/0...

I never thought I'd ever...EVER...want to throw a Julie Kagawa book against the wall...The Eternity Cure came so close...but this...THIS...nearly left my fingers. Not because I hated it but because I loved the story SO much and yet, in the last two pages of the book, Julie proceeded to tear my heart out and eat it for dinner. Yes...the dreaded cliffhanger that Julie dreamed up in this one was a doozie.

So...the q
Aiashine
HE LOOKS LIKE FROM THE TWILIGHT. UGHH. ANYWAY, ITS KEIRRAN GUYS. THE TRAITOR !!! UGHH :(
Kylie
Apr 03, 2013 Kylie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh Keirran, honey, you're already walking a very thin line with me, very thin . I tolerate you because you are Meghan and Ash's son, but if you're the traitor I hope Mrs. Kagawa has Ash freeze you or has Meghan go Iron Queen on your ass. And Puck, your hilarious, adorable self had better be in The Iron Traitor. A. Lot.

Putting it simply:
I Need. More. Puck.

And it has a cover!
Wow... Somehow I pictured Keirran looking, you know, ummm... younger than Meghan and Ash?

Blythe
Aug 27, 2012 Blythe marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Keirran looks like a serial killer.
Nov 09, 2012 Laura marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I just hope Ethan isn't as whiny in this installment...

Actually, some things are better left unsaid. So I'll just keep my mouth shut against the fact that I can't stand him and his bitching all the time.

I'm sure that, somewhere, someday, he's going to get Keirren's girlfrend killed.

And when that day comes, I swear I'm going to beat his overly-large head in.

I'm seriously not kidding. It will be tragic. For Kenzie, I mean. How can you make out with a guy who's head is half-bashed in?

I should pr
Ferdy
Spoilers

I enjoyed this more than the first book, which I found absolutely rubbish. Not that this was great but it did manage to be somewhat entertaining in places. So yea, that was something at least.

-What's what: Ethan and Kenzie are back from their silly adventure in the Nevernever, but Keirran (Meghan's son/Ethan's nephew/half fae/douche) is missing. His faery girlfriend (Annwyl) is desperate to find him, she asks Ethan and Kenzie for help, they agree. Time is running out for Annwyl though, s
Aria the Blue Fairy
"Be careful with that one," he said in a lower voice. "You saw what happened tonight. It was not only your darkness rising to the surface. And anger is not the only emotion that can force us to consider terrible things. There is only so much a soul can take before it is broken."

REACTION AFTER READING THE BOOK

Uhhhh... Was it good you ask?

Oh Julie Kagawa...

When it comes to your books, I don't think anyone can go wrong.
That was just amazing!!

Before I share my thoughts further here is a short GIS
Sanya
Feb 19, 2017 Sanya rated it it was amazing
Keirran, you bad prince! I hope Ash would freeze you near death. Not cetrain death because you are Meghan and Ash's son and I adore them. Plus, you'd suffer more if you stayed alive and watch your kind treat you as a traitor.
Soumi
I have finished the book around a month or two ago when I got my dirty paws on the silvery ARC. And since then, considering how my mind tends to deceive me into remembering every little thing, I still am overwhelmed by the emotion The Iron Traitor left in its aftermath.

In a very rare occasion I end up liking all the characters in a book, and it was one case where I felt connected with each of the four MCs. I felt their ego, their sentiment, their anger and desperation, love and hatred. I wanted
Summer
*Received from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.*

Man, I’m pissed.

Prior to reading this, there was this teeny tiny part of me that was hoping, hoping that Kagawa would give more attention to her old characters, the characters many of us hold dearly. Alas, I was disappointed. They were barely given any attention.

The logical part of my brain is agreeing with her, and I definitely see why she would not pay such close attention to the old characters, but still. I am proud of her that she ha
Sinead
This was a good book. Let me put that out there. It was really enjoyable, the cast of characters was great to read, and the story was exciting. Julie Kagawa is a great author, and the faery world is something unbelievably imaginative… I just don’t feel as attached to the world as I do her Blood of Eden series.

In the first book, I loved Ethan’s narrative and how different it was to Meghan’s. He was the grouchy teenager who just wanted the fey to leave him alone. But after his unwanted adventure w
Alice Law
Sep 21, 2012 Alice Law marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Prophecy comes true?!! Hrm... I'm curious too, wht did the Forgotten Queen told Keirran that suddenly changed his mind as a 'goody goody boy'! Whatever it's, I'm certain at the end of the Call of Forgotten, Keirran will be the one who Unites the Courts instead of the other way round...!(fingers crossed)
Alex (Lexie)
Kierran. WTF?! Did you not think of your mother, Meghan at all when you decided to do that to Ethan?! T.T
♡Julalicious Book Paradise♡
Apr 01, 2015 ♡Julalicious Book Paradise♡ rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned, signed-books
review to come.
  • Spirit (Elemental, #3)
  • Awaken (Daughters of the Sea, #2)
  • Everbound (Everneath, #2)
  • Waterfell (The Aquarathi, #1)
  • The Seven Year King (The Faerie Ring, #3)
  • Wicked Kiss (Nightwatchers, #2)
  • The Deepest Night (The Sweetest Dark, #2)
  • Thornhill (Hemlock, #2)
  • With All My Soul (Soul Screamers, #7)
  • Consume (The Clann, #3)
  • Requiem (Books of Faerie, #3)
  • Rise (Nightshade Prequel #2; Nightshade World #2)
  • Asunder (Newsoul, #2)
  • Horizon (The Soul Seekers, #4)
  • Elegy (Hereafter #3)
  • Midnight Frost (Mythos Academy, #5)
  • Star Cursed (The Cahill Witch Chronicles #2)
  • Phoenix (Black City, #2)

The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten (3 books)
  • The Lost Prince (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #1)
  • The Iron Warrior (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #3)

“What? I never make things worse," Puck replied, stepping forward to deal with another eddy swooshing in from the side. "I make things more interesting.” 38 likes
“Bad kitty!" Razor buzzed again from Keirran's shoulder. His huge ears flapped as he bounced up and down. "Evil, bad kitty! Shave off fur! Throw kitty off mountain! Burn, burn!” 17 likes