Start by marking “Connected Hearts” as Want to Read:
Connected Hearts

Connected Hearts

Long ago, two sisters made a vow to leave behind their dreams of finding "Mr. Right." The lovely Leigh Cavanaugh hides her body, finding comfort with a dashing older businessman she considers her closest friend. Her sexy sister, Megan Morris, hides her heart, believing a hot lover is the perfect remedy for all of life's difficulties. Quite by surprise, the two sisters find ...more
Published March 14th 2013 by Outskirts Press

To ask other readers questions about Connected Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Connected Hearts

Julie
Feb 20, 2015 Julie rated it liked it
I received a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Connected Hearts by Danice Akiyoshi is a sweet, leisurely-paced, contemporary romance.

Overall, the writing is technically good and the formatting is perfect. I appreciated that Ms. Akiyoshi didn’t succumb to the use of slang grammar such as using all capitals or periods in between words to convey the emphasis a character places on his/her statements. It is refreshing to encounter an author who can use adverbs properly.
Kelly Hartigan
Jun 12, 2014 Kelly Hartigan rated it it was amazing
***** (5 stars) Enthralling Read of Love and Relationships

Connected Hearts by Danice Akiyoshi is an extremely well-written and enthralling read of love and relationships. The focus is on two sisters, Megan and Cavi, who have an exceptionally close bond. Not only do we see romantic love in the relationships Megan and Cavi find, but we also see love between sisters, between a mother and her children, and between friends. Ms. Akiyoshi weaves a tale so beautifully written and captivating that I was
Chanel Williams
Aug 21, 2013 Chanel Williams rated it it was amazing
I am a young single Mom who is going to school and working full-time too. Oh yeah plus I'm raising my daughter. I just don't have time to do much. My friend told about this book I should read. She said, "You need a diversion, I promise you will like the book." I said, "Ok sure I will read it", when I have time that is (I didn't say that to her).

A week passes and my friend asked me if I got the book, I said no. So the next day when I open my email there it is, the Kindle version of "Connected He
Julie Ann
Aug 31, 2013 Julie Ann rated it really liked it
You know sometimes you read the little blurb the author writes and that helps you decide if you want to read the book or not. I was drawn to it and then thought that is a lot of pages to read and I started to leave but was drawn back to it. So I bought it.

With classes starting up and working part-time I didn't think I would ever be able to finish it. I was wrong, I start reading and it pulled me in. I found the time to finish. I had to I wasn't doing my homework first because I wanted to read th
Melinda
Jun 13, 2014 Melinda rated it it was amazing
MORE @ http://melenasreviews.wordpress.com

I love knowing about new authors and their new releases. When I read this blurb on Facebook I knew I had to get it. Danice Akiyoshi is not only talented but she blew my mind away with this book. Leigh Cavanaugh is one tough woman but inside she is like all of us just wanting love again in her life. Not only did she survive heartache but she became rich in her life. I loved that she has a sister like Megan, sacrificing her own happiness for Leigh. Dom, cr
Rhonda Knisley
Aug 19, 2013 Rhonda Knisley rated it it was amazing
This book holds a very special place in my heart. I could relate to it as if I was one of the characters so when I read it I could really feel the deep gut wrenching pain and the unconditional love that was just as intense as the pain was. It took me from one end of the spectrum to the other.

You share in the complexity of the characters, experience beautiful friendships, passion described so vividly your fingers burn as you turn the pages. I really love Megan's character, I guess I can relate t
Celia Silva
Aug 18, 2013 Celia Silva rated it it was amazing
LOVIN IT! OK, This is really great book to read! DOM is so sweet, I know I wish I had a DOM in my life.

Megan & Cavi are a lot alike in some ways but very different in others. Cavi is subtle in her approach and Megan is BOLD. Don't ever under estimate Cavi she is full of surprises.

Now Megan she goes after what she wants and isn't afraid to take it. There are some really hot sexy scenes in the book that will definitely make you take notice.

I wonder if you can find this book in your college l
Kerri
Aug 30, 2013 Kerri rated it it was amazing
I could not put this book down!!!! I enjoyed being able to forget about my daily routine and read of extravagant lifestyles and romance...It stirred up so many emotions.... laughter, tears and arousal just to name a few...I loved Megan Morris and her strong sexy character...and her protectiveness with her sister Cavi hit home for me!!! As for the men in the book...i loved them all...I haven't picked up a book just for fun in quite a while and I am now craving more...this book was so positive, up ...more
Rochelle Nash
Aug 22, 2013 Rochelle Nash rated it it was amazing
Connected Hearts is just that! Friendship really means a lot to me, true friendship is so rare and hard to find. Friendship is one thing that all the characters have in common, they are genuine friends. I really enjoyed the book.

Watching how Cavi and Megan go at it when Megan has over stepped her bounds is funny. Megan does push the envelope sometimes but Cavi can't stay mad, Megan meant well.

I really loved the whole book all of it was fantastic. I can't even choose a favorite part. Read it, yo
Mike
Jul 21, 2013 Mike rated it it was amazing
Great late night reading. The 'Wake-the-wife-up' love scenes were great. Every character is someone you can fall in love with and relate to. My favorite is Cavi. The overall story is loaded with luxury and fun. There are lots of laughs and just enough emotion to add realism and to keep you believing in the characters. Great read for men. Be sure to share with your significant other.
I look forward to the next book.
Marsha Storm
Dec 06, 2013 Marsha Storm rated it liked it
Recommends it for: anyone who like romance with an edge
When I first saw the length of the book I thought it might be too long for me. I don't usually read long books. This book was different, it was fast paced and didn't drag so it held my interest.

The characters have substance like real people, so you can relate to them.

I enjoyed how the relationships develop over time and you see the complexity of the characters grow.

I really enjoyed the book. I recommend you read it! I know I will read the sequel when it comes out.
Carol Ann
Sep 02, 2014 Carol Ann rated it it was amazing
CONNECTED HEARTS by Danice Akiyoshi is the story of two sisters who are deeply connected through family love and a promise. The author takes you on a joyful lavish trip, full of elegance and extravagance, and the next thing you know, tears are streaming down your face! Many twists and turns and moments of introspection from the well-defined and likable characters bring this touching, fast-paced story to a pleasant and satisfying conclusion.
Martha Sockel
Aug 06, 2014 Martha Sockel rated it it was amazing
This urban romance will appeal to all lovers of the genre.

The reader joins Leigh and Megan - sisters who have sworn off finding Mr Right, in favor of Mr-Right-Now.

But, against their better judgement, they find themselves getting emotionally involved until a promise is called in.

This gripping story is full of suspense and intrigue, and well written prose sucks you in from the first page. The tension is palpable and kept me reading late into the night.

Recommended
Liam Olsen
Aug 19, 2013 Liam Olsen rated it it was amazing
I don't read romance novels but two of my female friends read it and said I would like it. So I gave in and read it. I enjoyed the book it wasn't too mushy, it has great characters and the steamy in your face sensual scenes are great. So this is not just for women. It's a good read for men too. Thanks, Liam Olsen
Gail Olmsted
May 26, 2014 Gail Olmsted rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a Page Turner!

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Set among a backdrop of elegance and wealth, a sweet series of love stories emerge- love between sisters, between a mother and her children, romantic love with a new flame and a deep abiding love between friends. I want to read more about these characters!

I
Victoria
Dec 29, 2013 Victoria rated it it was amazing
I thought this was a beautiful and well written story. I especially loved the relationship between the sisters Megan and Cavi. You can't help but wish these characters were real and that you could be part of their circle. I look forward to finding out more of their stories!!
Pam Puetz
Aug 13, 2013 Pam Puetz rated it it was amazing
I just finished Connected Hearts two minutes ago. I'm not a big fan of "romance" novels . . . usually too predictable. This one isn't! I'm looking forward to book 2 already.
Betty
Betty rated it really liked it
May 30, 2016
Lynne Knisley
Lynne Knisley rated it really liked it
Jul 25, 2013
Kristin Raschick
Kristin Raschick rated it did not like it
Nov 13, 2015
Christine Stickley
Christine Stickley rated it liked it
Aug 05, 2016
Walter E.
Walter E. rated it it was amazing
Jul 29, 2013
linda
linda rated it it was amazing
Dec 18, 2015
Yesenia Posadas
Yesenia Posadas rated it it was amazing
Aug 29, 2013
Blanca Rubio
Blanca Rubio marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2013
Danice Akiyoshi
Jul 24, 2013 Danice Akiyoshi marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2013
Natalie Spasic
Natalie Spasic marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2013
Ashers
Ashers marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2013
Melody
Melody marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Kimberly Ann
Kimberly Ann marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2016
Danice Akiyoshi was born in in Southern California where she currently resides. She and her husband often enjoy romantic long weekends together in locations like Cambria, San Diego, Ventura, Temecula wineries, Big Bear, and Mammoth. Outside of California, Maui is her favorite romantic hot spot. She is always on the lookout for interesting details to add to her novels and short stories.
Writing is
More about Danice Akiyoshi...