Start by marking “There Are No Sad Dogs in Heaven: Finding Comfort After the Loss of a Pet” as Want to Read:
There Are No Sad Dogs in Heaven: Finding Comfort After the Loss of a Pet

There Are No Sad Dogs in Heaven: Finding Comfort After the Loss of a Pet

Our pets are part of the family. For many they’re as close as children; for some they may be our only children. And while most of us can expect that our children will outlive us, sadly, our pets almost never do.

Losing a pet can be as difficult as losing any other family member; we grieve, we miss them, and, mostly, we want closure, to know that our furry, feathered, or sca
Published September 3rd 2013 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about There Are No Sad Dogs in Heaven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about There Are No Sad Dogs in Heaven

Msdot
Aug 18, 2014 Msdot rated it it was ok
I'm having mixed feelings about this book. Part of me didn't believe half of the things written here. She sounded like a bogus medium that just take advantage of vulnerable griefing pet owners. . But in the same time, what she did say to these pet owners did bring comfort and some peace. Even as I read some of her words, I thoughf of my dying or deceased pets and I cried a bucket. If anything, I am just glad that this book brings comfort to its readers.
Lainey
Mar 23, 2017 Lainey rated it liked it
I want to believe the "communications" in this book but there are so many frauds and money grabbers out there to fully believe.
I guess, unless you experience something for yourself there will always be doubts.
However, reading these stories and how hearing these kind words about their pets living happily in the spirit world heal their broken hearts....how bad can that be?
I just have reservations about the exchange of money to hear these healing words.
Angie Wilson
Feb 26, 2017 Angie Wilson rated it it was amazing
A true life saver during times of loss and grieving.
Viviane Crystal
Sep 07, 2013 Viviane Crystal rated it really liked it
Numerous books describe experiences of human beings who have temporarily died and experienced what all refer to as an “afterlife.” Now Sonya Fitzpatrick, a “pet psychic,” offers comfort to the innumerable pet owners who have experienced the devastating loss of a beloved animal. Whether the reader actually has lost a pet or knows of someone else who has suffered that loss, this is a book of comfort, a book of faith. For it is the author’s premise that there is an afterlife that animals share with ...more
Randy M.
Jan 26, 2014 Randy M. rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
When I found my way to this book, I was not aware of the author’s radio and television shows, or her beliefs on the Afterlife. I have recently had to say goodbye to my Border Collie, which has been devastating, and have been trying to find ways to find some solace and heal. I found this book to be helpful in that regard.

However, it must be pointed out that reincarnation is one of the central themes of the stories presented in this book. If this is not one of the tenets of your faith, as is the c
Beatrice
Nov 04, 2014 Beatrice rated it it was amazing
I love Sonya Fitzpatrick, she did a personal reading for me when we had our first Sheltie when we lived in the Houston, TX area. That was a long time ago. Our Tyson was around 12 yrs old at the time. She is just unbelievable, I told her nothing on what I was bringing my dog to her. The things she told us he was saying to her was just plain amazing. No way she knew the things that she told us. Anyway our Tyson lived to be almost 15. Our second Sheltie Ozzie had to be put down Oct. 22nd, 2014. He ...more
Cayr
Aug 24, 2013 Cayr rated it it was ok
Shelves: dogs

In her new book ‘There are no Sad Dogs in Heaven’, famous pet psychic Sonya Fitzpatrick gives messages of hope to pet owners. Fitzpatrick reassures readers that not only do our pets live on in spirit when they die, but they also stay near us.

Fitzpatrick shares stories of private readings she’s had with clients who are struggling after the death of a beloved pet. Many owners blame themselves for their pet’s death, many worry that their pets didn’t know how much they were loved. The pet psychic at
Jo-Ann Murphy
Sep 26, 2013 Jo-Ann Murphy rated it it was amazing
This is the perfect gift for anyone who has lost a pet.

I always learn something from Sonya Fitzpatrick. This is a great book for any pet parent who wonders if their dog hates them, forgives them, or has other lasting negative feelings about them. Sonya is always so positive and supportive. Using many examples, she shows us how forgiving animals are and how we must accept that some things in life are just meant to be and there is little we can do to change it.

Sonya also encourages us to be bette
Shannon
Jan 17, 2016 Shannon rated it it was amazing
I bought this book after my beloved dog, Naugy, died at 13. I wanted to be comforted and know that he was okay and that he knew how much I loved him, and this book provided just that. With heart-warming and heart-breaking stories of past clients, Sonya gives readers a glimpse into what their pet thinks about during life and after death. She reassures pet owners that they are not forgotten and are still being loved from heaven.
C.J. Corbin
Feb 07, 2014 C.J. Corbin rated it really liked it
I started this book shortly after my Samantha died. It has taken me several months to get through because I would cry every time. Finally finished and I'm at peace with her passing and believe that this book helped me through a difficult journey.
Laura K
Nov 17, 2013 Laura K rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written book by my friend Sonya Fitzpatrick. Her love and compassion for all living beings shines through. If you have ever lost anyone that you love, you will find comfort in this amazing book.
Lisa Norato
Aug 24, 2013 Lisa Norato rated it it was amazing
I love Sonja Fitzpatrick and all her books and this one is no exception. It's a wonderful comfort to pet lovers and fascinating reading. I still miss Animal Planet's pet psychic show, but it helps that Sonja is still writing books.
Lori Vanahn
Lori Vanahn rated it it was amazing
Jun 14, 2016
Simona Williams
Simona Williams rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2016
Linda
Linda rated it really liked it
Feb 17, 2017
Karla
Karla rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2017
Nancy
Nancy rated it it was ok
Nov 07, 2014
Suzanne Hall
Suzanne Hall rated it it was amazing
Feb 12, 2016
Kae
Kae rated it really liked it
May 30, 2015
Patti
Patti rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2016
Kris Steines
Kris Steines rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2017
Lori Kaplan
Lori Kaplan rated it it was ok
Sep 14, 2013
Snoopydukas
Snoopydukas rated it it was amazing
Apr 26, 2015
Virginia L Russell
Virginia L Russell rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2016
Jill Wright
Jill Wright rated it it was amazing
May 20, 2016
Mary J Freund
Mary J Freund rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2015
Altary
Altary rated it it was amazing
Mar 13, 2014
Fong Sze Chun
Fong Sze Chun rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2017
Leeann Pratt
Leeann Pratt rated it it was ok
Apr 20, 2016
John Hambrick
John Hambrick rated it liked it
Apr 26, 2016