Start by marking “Recipes from an Edwardian Country House: Classic Tastes from the Aristocratic English Kitchen” as Want to Read:

3.69  ·  Rating Details  ·  13 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
A nostalgic culinary pilgrimage, rediscovering the sort of classic, robust, wholesome food that would have emerged from the kitchen of an Edwardian countryhouse like Downton Abbey.In this attractive cookbook, Jane Fearnley-Whittingstall takes us on a nostalgic culinary pilgrimage, rediscovering classic recipes from the Edwardian kitchen.

With delicious dishes, brought up-to
Published November 12th 2013 by Atria Books/Marble Arch Press

To ask other readers questions about Recipes from an Edwardian Country House, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Recipes from an Edwardian Country House

Diane S ☔
Aug 13, 2013 Diane S ☔ rated it really liked it
3.5 My favorite part of this book was not the recipes within, but the wonderful stories that accompanied the beginning of each chapter or meal time. The author has some very real and wonderful remembrances of her family and the time they spent together as well as the customs and the meaning behind the food served.

I have never been a lover, but to be honest have never even tried kippers and kidneys so there were parts of this book where I would not even try the recipes. Same actually for lamb, w
Wanda
Nov 15, 2015 Wanda marked it as to-read
Recommended to Wanda by: Bettie☯
15 NOV 2015 - recommendation through Bettie. A book for my heart. Many thanks.
Kristen
Feb 05, 2015 Kristen rated it it was ok
I wish I paid closer attention before checking this book out from the library. Based on the title, I was expecting something far more historical -- along the lines of something Ruth Goodman would put out -- but really, a far more accurate title for this book would be Some Recipes That Were Maybe At One Point Cooked in an Edwardian Country House (But There's Also Recipes For Things Like 'Salsa Verde' Too So, Y'Know, Maybe Not).
Bettie☯
Description: In this sumptuous cookbook, Jane Fearnley-Whittingstall takes us on a nostalgic culinary pilgrimage, rediscovering classic recipes from the Edwardian kitchen. With delicious dishes, adapted with today's kitchen in mind and delightfully informed by reminiscences from Jane's childhood, this is much more than a cookbook - it offers a slice of gastronomic history, reviving the flavours from the great English country houses.

We had our breakfasts – whatever happens in a house – robbery o
Bekka
Nov 28, 2013 Bekka rated it liked it
Shelves: uk, non-fiction
Thanks to Edelweiss and Atria Books / Marble Arch Press for early access to this title.

This is actually more of a collection of British recipes from mid-century to modern times, and not from the Edwardian table as the title promises. I have to admit, to my American tastes, some of these recipes are almost nauseating. Some, however, sound like they'd be very tasty and I think I'll try several. The e-galley I received didn't work in my Bluefire reader, so I read the Kindle edition which had no pic
Fredrick Danysh
Jun 02, 2015 Fredrick Danysh rated it liked it
Shelves: cooking
The people of England ate differently in the early 1900s than they do since World War II, especially in country homes and estates. Here isa collection of recipes from the Edwardian period. Most of the recipes use metric measures.
Cassandra
Apr 06, 2014 Cassandra rated it liked it
Not exactly what I expected but enjoyable nonetheless.
Neske
Neske marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2016
Karen Richards
Karen Richards rated it really liked it
May 11, 2016
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2016
Carrie Niemi
Carrie Niemi marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2016
Pramod Nair
Pramod Nair marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2015
farmwifetwo
farmwifetwo marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2015
Grace Ollerhead
Grace Ollerhead marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2015
Brooke
Brooke added it
Aug 15, 2015
Northlake Library
Northlake Library marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2015
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2015
Alexandra Leigon
Alexandra Leigon marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Redpanda
Redpanda marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
Toby
Toby marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2015
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2015
C.
C. marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Sophia
Sophia marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Constance Augusta Zaber
Constance Augusta Zaber rated it really liked it
Jan 14, 2015
Lizzy
Lizzy marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Margaret Pinard
Margaret Pinard marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Holly Brown
Holly Brown marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2015