Start by marking “Hebrews: A Call to Commitment” as Want to Read:
Hebrews: A Call to Commitment

Hebrews: A Call to Commitment

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  21 ratings  ·  7 reviews
By surpassing most traditional commentaries, Lane's work unveils Hebrews as a sermon rendered by a concerned "preacher" to his Roman church, which is under persecution and dangerously close to rejecting the faith. As an exposition of encouragement and exhortation, Hebrews addresses the central concerns of our contemporary church as well: the felt absence of God, a climate ...more
Published February 1st 2004 by Regent College Publishing (first published June 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Hebrews, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hebrews

Nick
This is a solid study through the book of Hebrews. It does an impressive job of explaining the setting and timeline of the book.

I used this as a guide through our small group's study of Hebrews, however thought it was a bit too heavy to pass out to the class to read along. It is published by Regent College, so it is extremely academic but worth the effort. I mix of this book and some other online resources that I found, in combination, lead to a solid 12-13 week discussion.

If Hebrews is missing
Danny
Great summary of the book of Hebrews. Doesn’t miss the forest for the trees and vice versa. Interprets Hebrews 6 and 10 from an Arminian perspective, but it doesn’t play an important or extended part in his overall argument. Overall, highly recommended for someone in the pew needing an overview of Hebrews.
Brant
A good exposition of a biblical book often neglected by the church today. I believe the Book of Hebrews will become more and more relevant the closer we come to Christ's return. May we stand firm in the faith, despite the coming trials.
Joel
Written in a readable style, with some memorable lines, and a pretty solid commentary. I don't agree with his thoughts on apostasy in the book of Hebrews. But overall, pretty helpful.
Grete
Clear, but excessively repetitive since the text was originally delivered as lectures.
Brad Heterick
A very sound overview of the letter to the Hebrews...you won't be disappointed
Wade
A solid book on Hebrews. It is very theological and pretty tough to read.
Tom
Tom added it
Jul 26, 2014
Randy
Randy marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Mark
Mark marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2013
Timothy
Timothy marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2013
Todd Shaffer
Todd Shaffer marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2013
Shadwa
Shadwa marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2013
Dawn
Dawn added it
Mar 20, 2013
Ariel Morrison
Ariel Morrison marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2012
The Gospel of Mark (New International Commentary on the New Testament) Hebrews 1-8 Hebrews 9-13 The Gospel According to Mark: The English Text with Introduction, Exposition, and Notes, Highlights of the new testament