Start by marking “The Ghosts of Blood and Innocence (Wraeththu Histories, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Ghosts of Blood and Innocence (Wraeththu Histories, #3)

The Ghosts of Blood and Innocence (Wraeththu Histories #3)

4.35 of 5 stars 4.35  ·  rating details  ·  420 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Darquiel har Aralis lives among the hidden tribe of Olopade, in ignorance of his identity, and as he grows up, Darq realizes he is different from any other har. After a disastrous attempt to incept his closest friend, he attracts the attention of the mysterious Thiede, and learns that his origins are more astounding than he imagined.

Loki har Aralis is the favoured son of
Published June 13th 2006 by Tor Books (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Ghosts of Blood and Innocence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ghosts of Blood and Innocence

Maria
I'd really like to write a good review, not only of this book but of the two trilogies I've just finished. However, a string of adjectives such as "amazing", "stunning", "fabulous" and so on doesn't feel like enough! No matter how I try to describe how I felt reading these books, with its complex main characters, its colourful, rich array of secondary characters, and how they all relate in a hundred complex ways, plus the vidid descriptions, the magical settings, the mysteries of love, sex and p ...more
Belcky
Back when I reviewed the first Wraeththu trilogy, I mentioned I could accept the ending but didn't find it personally satisfying. Without giving anything away, I'll just say that this trilogy gave me what I felt I was missing. It gave it gradually, so that with each book I thought, "Okay, sure, I get that, but how are you gonna explain how it relates to *this* now?" By the end of this book, though, I had no more questions.

I'm glad to have it all explained, and I enjoyed the experience of learnin
Charly
My favorite of the series

Warning: This review might contain what some people consider SPOILERS.

Rating: 9/10

PROS:
- It’s interesting seeing all of the events in this story from the perspectives of new characters. We get to see many of the old favorites (the main characters from the earlier books), but we see them with a new set of eyes, from the point of view of young hara who don’t know all the political and emotional history of everyone else.
- Constantine creates multi-dimensional characters w
Nate Garvison
I love when stories end, but don't really end, only to hint at more. That's how this series ended for me. I'm glad things are finally going better for this new race of people!

This book felt like a major departure from the rest of the Wraeththu books, but I believe it was purposeful. Storm Constantine wrote this from the perspective of a new generation of hara coming into their own, which is different from the first generation struggles of a new species. I found it masterfully crafted and perfect
Erulisse
This final book of the Wreaththu Histories brings the generational gap between the founders of Wreathu (those who were incepted) - and the pure-born Wreaththu (those who were pearls) full circle. The battle for the control of Wreaththu and the world has gone into other lands and through the outer pathways, battles are being fought between beings far beyond the comprehension of Wreaththu. Yet their very survival depends on their understanding and negotiating with all of these varied entities. Who ...more
Elisa J
Out of the series, this was my favorite. The First and second ones give you a little more variety of emotions, sure. But, this is my favorite simply because it made me the most tense, relieved, angry, sad, and generally stirred out of them all.
I like more than my fair share of darkness in a series. I couldn't put the book down. And when I had to, I resented the time I spent away from this world.
It is a re-read, for sure. Love it. Love this series.
Cedony
This was my least favorite of the Wreaththu series. I found it really hard to follow, but that may just be because it's been a long time since I read the other books in the series and had to stop and think about characters and events that I'd already forgotten about.

I enjoyed the beginning very much, but there was a long stretch towards the middle of the book where I was very bored by the events and just wanted to skim forward to the end. But my love for the rest of the series had me reading thr
Raine
If you never pick up another book again - and love dark fantasy - please read this series. It's sensual, maddening, dramatic, corrupt and fulfilling - it's perfection in a 3 book bundle!
It takes you through the perspectives of the various members of a hermaphroditic race and their struggles with falling in and out of love in a world where everyone looks like a fallen angel and screws like a greek god; finding a balance between their dual masculine and feminine natures; engaging in power struggl
Diane
I thought this was a really great ending to the trilogy. All loose ends were tied up and the ending was pretty satisfying. I really enjoy this author's writing and hope to read some more about the world of Wraethu.
N. Sherman
I won't say much about it but it was really enjoyable. I'm still on the fence on how I feel about Constantine’s habit of totally ignoring or barely mentioning other characters who were important in the plot earlier on in the series; sometimes it works sometimes I'm like "But what about...", so yeah that can be frustration sometimes. I actually really liked the characters and their relationships though and wished for a prologue of some kind, but you don't always get what you want I suppose.
Tashie
Apr 28, 2008 Tashie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: your face
This was my least favorite of the trilogy. It was a little too "wrapped up". And where was Moon? It ey just felt strange to me that they wouldn't mention Tyson is your brother either. But it was a nice way to bring Lileem back. But even though, it was my least favorite I am still going to give it a four because they don't have half stars.
S
The 5 stars are mainly for the series, the world, the mythology, which I have immensely enjoyed. For this particular book, I give 4.5 stars. I found it to be extremely satisfying on whole. It would have been nice for it (as well as the previous book) to have been at least twice as long, though.
Andune
An original story about the new Wraeththu generation. As a big fan of Constantine's previous books this one didn't disappoint and I enjoyed the unique approach towards this fantastic world.
Stephen Livingston
A fantastic series, I've really enjoyed all six Wraeththu books and sincerely hope that Storm will write some more. Highly recommended.
Lisa
Loved this whole series. Really enjoyed meeting all the characters again from the first books. She's got a great imagination.
Bekah Chance-Revels
What an absolutely fantastic writer--I devoured this series.
Inara
The third book of the Wraeththu Histories
Haldoor42
Second reading - still loved it. ;-)
Sharon Dreyer
Apr 21, 2013 Sharon Dreyer marked it as to-read
My favourite of the trilogy
Kristina
Best in the series.
Craig Canavan
Craig Canavan marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
Zwankima
Zwankima marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
Absinthe
Absinthe marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Natasha Wright
Natasha Wright marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
  • The Chosen
  • The Virtu (Doctrine of Labyrinths, #2)
  • The White Road (Nightrunner, #5)
  • The Fall of the Kings (Riverside, #3)
  • The Granite Shield (Branion, #3)
  • Wolves (Raised By Wolves, #4)
  • The Merro Tree
  • Shadow Magic (Havemercy #2)
  • Shadowdance
  • Quid Pro Quo (The Administration, #2)
  • The Land of Night (Scarlet and the White Wolf, #3)
  • Lord of the White Hell (Lord of the White Hell, #2)
  • Burndive (Warchild #2)
Storm Constantine (b. 1956) is a British science fiction and fantasy author, primarily known for her Wraeththu series.

Since the late 1980s she has written more than 20 novels, plus several non-fiction books. She is featured in the Goth Bible and is often included in discussions of alternative sexuality and gender in science fiction and fantasy; many of her novels include same-sex relationships or
More about Storm Constantine...
Wraeththu The Enchantments of Flesh and Spirit (Wraeththu, #1) The Wraiths of Will and Pleasure (Wraeththu Histories, #1) The Bewitchments of Love and Hate (Wraeththu, #2) The Fulfilments of Fate and Desire (Wraeththu, #3)