Start by marking “Beyond Denial (Beyond, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Beyond Denial (Beyond, #2.5)

Beyond Denial (Beyond #2.5)

4.15  ·  Rating Details ·  1,406 Ratings  ·  149 Reviews
Free online read (or Kindle file download) of a deleted scene from Beyond Control, featuring Ace and Jared.

________________________

DABWAHA is a yearly event run by popular blogs Dear Author and Smart Bitches, Trashy Books where readers fill out brackets pitting beloved books against one another and then engage in a couple weeks of all-out
ebook
Published March 22nd 2013

To ask other readers questions about Beyond Denial, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beyond Denial

Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareThe Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadRequiem by Lauren OliverBoundless by Cynthia Hand
2013 Releases
240th out of 572 books — 1,011 voters
Flesh by Kylie ScottSkin by Kylie ScottRun by Gillian ZaneThicker Than Blood by Madeline SheehanBeneath Blood and Bone by Madeline Sheehan
Steamy Romance in the Apocalypse
27th out of 56 books — 40 voters

More lists with this book...

Pam
Mar 23, 2013 Pam rated it really liked it
4 super-short-deliciously-naughty stars

"He wanted the heat of that mouth, the skill and oblivion. He wanted to feel what the women under him always did, the careless bliss that came when someone else had taken over."

"That was fucking hot." Jared & Ace ... I wouldn't be able to look away either if I was Rachel! This just makes me think of all the naughty things to come next ;)
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish
Apr 09, 2013 UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-have-read

I really enjoyed this free read from the author's website.

This deleted scene is a quick, very hot, very insightful look into Ace's feelings for Rachel, and how his good friend, Jared, helps him "work off" some of his... frustrations.

This series is one of my favorites, but be warned: it's sexually intense and the world is gritty dystopian.

You can find this story here: http://kitrocha.com/beyond-denial/
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

This isn’t really going to be a review. It’s moreso an excuse to gush about this series again to you. BEYOND DENIAL is the free short from Kit Rocha which originated as a bribe for readers to vote for them for DABWAHA. In this shameless competition, the best books of 2012 battle it out and voila, this little short was gifted to readers as a reward. Now this is a deleted scene from the O’Kane party in BEYOND CONTROL. So if you haven’t read it yet, then SHAME ON YOU! But really, it may not hold a
Anna (Bobs Her Hair)
Jan 03, 2015 Anna (Bobs Her Hair) rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Erotic or M/M fans
Very quick and erotic read available on the authors' website! Very steamy sexy times with Ace and Jared, with insight to Ace's feelings for Rachel. Jared is another character I want more of after reading this bit.
Kelly
Mar 25, 2013 Kelly rated it it was amazing
Holy smokes! Guys. GUYS. If you aren't reading this series you are missing out on some frighteningly complex characters. This scene perfectly illustrates how wonderful and dark and deep these guys can be. We get longing and lust, guy on guy touching (and beyond), and some unintentional voyeurism that is downright HOT. The beautiful thing is that it's just a fraction of what you'll find in the full-length novels.

If you want to give the books a whirl but aren't sure if they're for you... here you
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
5 Can-I-Have-Them Stars

This was only a scene, so you can guess it's really short but damn it was hot! Ace and Jared make good man-candy material and I can't wait to get their full stories.

Apr 08, 2013 Sarah rated it really liked it
If you're a fan of Kit Rocha's erotic dystopian series you're going to love this short freebie staring Ace and Jared. If you haven't discovered the series yet then you really don't know what you're missing - these books are scorching hot, full of sexy, leather clad, tattoo covered alpha guys who will make you swoon. I think you could probably read Beyond Denial even if you haven't read the earlier books without picking up spoilers but be warned that you won't get much of a look at the detailed ...more
Tanya
Sep 24, 2014 Tanya rated it liked it
A short, super quick read. Interested to see how some of it plays out in the rest of the series.

A couple of lines I liked:

Rachel’s homebrew always went down smooth and delicious, and inevitably led him to wonder if she’d go down the same way.

..."Jas could beat chivalry into a brick.”

... Ignoring his own troubles to get his friend good and laid wasn’t cowardly. It was fucking noble. Martyrish, even. That was him. The god damned saint of sinners.
Emma
Apr 16, 2013 Emma rated it really liked it
Short hot read about Ace, Rachel and Jared.

Love Ace and cant wait to see more of him in the rest of this series :)
Lise *friends don't flag*
Sweet, very short nibble of some delicious mm action, O'Kane style!
Iva
Mar 23, 2013 Iva rated it it was amazing
Shelves: too-hot, adult, novella
Ace! We want Ace's book!! Mmm.. but that was a delicious scene :D
AJ
Nov 07, 2014 AJ rated it liked it
This is a deleted scene from Beyond Control – it features Ace, Jared and Rachel, and takes place during the O’Kane party thrown for the sector 3 recruits.

Ace is at the party with his friend, Jared, and is mooning over Rachel.

“I like the way you look at her. You’d fall head first into making her scream, and drag the rest of the world along with you.”

Wanting to help his friend take his mind off things, the two of them sneak off for a bit of ‘alone’ time, where they proceed to get hot and heavy.
Amanda
Apr 24, 2013 Amanda rated it really liked it
Reading Beyond Denial made me realize that the second book of the series, Beyond Control, was not on my wishlist. You can bet I fixed that immediately upon finished Beyond Denial.

Beyond Denial is for people who...

...need a little male on male action
...have read the Beyond series and want MOAR
...like it quick and dirty
...enjoy non-discriminatory fucking
...love the obvious back story between Jared, Ace, and Rachel
...think doing it in public and being watched is hot
...can appreciate a well done blo
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ & MANTIES Champion
Quick pit stop for some rooftop oral between Ace and Jared!

*growls*

Fuck! I gotta get to Book 4 like yesterday.

Plus, Rachel was watching and clearly turned on by what she was seeing. I like that girl more and more.
description
Eleanor (The Book Hammock)
Mar 24, 2013 Eleanor (The Book Hammock) rated it it was amazing
Omai!

A tiny glimpse into Ace's feelings for Rachel. Those two need to get their act together, and fast.
Jared tries to distract Ace from thoughts of Rachel if only for a little bit of time, and they are caught.

Hot little scene.
Trish
Mar 23, 2013 Trish rated it really liked it
One hot little read. This little tidbit shows the struggle Ace is going through with his obsession for Rachel. One hot look of how Jared helps Ace work on his feelings. Shame shame Rachel you should have joined in.
Zoey
Ace <3.<3 OMG!!!
NiteReader
Oct 24, 2013 NiteReader rated it it was amazing
5 Spicy Stars
This short was smokin' hot.
I need more of Ace, NOW!!
Trader (RedHotBlueReads)
Mar 23, 2013 Trader (RedHotBlueReads) rated it it was amazing
I love this series. It's big and bold and pushes the envelope when it comes to sex and relationships, and this deleted scene from Beyond Control was a great addendum to what we already know about this world. There's tidbits regarding how the O'Kane gang views their life and each other in this scene. It was great to have a bit more info to add to what we already know about Ace and Rachel. Very much looking forward to Ace's book. He's probably my second favorite male character in this series.

So t
Tara♥
May 12, 2015 Tara♥ rated it really liked it

This is a free read and can be downloaded from the author website.

So we have Ace and his friend Jared letting off a little steam at the party held for Sector Three recruits that took place in 'Beyond Control'. They may have an audience of one.

I am seriously crushing hard on Ace.

Can't wait to get to 'Beyond Jealousy'.

Priscilla Robinson
Oct 30, 2014 Priscilla Robinson rated it really liked it
I read this for free on the Authors Website. It's a short and sexy scene involving Ace and Jared. I loved it and I love how the author is so free and open. Nothing is held back once she starts writing. Can't wait for more with Ace as I'm sure it's going to be an amazing ride!
Tracey
Mar 25, 2013 Tracey rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, erotica
Not much needs saying about this short visit into okane world other than HOT.

Some hot m/m action between jared and ace, with a glimpse of the other characters sprinkled in to tease us.

Go read it now on kit rocha website.

iamo  ut lego
Apr 10, 2013 iamo ut lego rated it really liked it
WHAT IN THE BLUE HELL DID I JUST READ now normally I ain't into this kind of books or M/M but DAYYYYYYYYNG Was this book SCORCHING this ACE character is just so arrogantly cocky in a goooooood way. Can't wait for third book rahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Jessica
Dec 28, 2015 Jessica rated it it was amazing
Holy Crap this was hot as hell! If you haven't read this series yet YOU NEED TO!!!! This was one of the hottest things I've read!
I Love Ace! Ace & Jared were hot and I'm looking forward to Ace's story!!!
Jeanny
Mar 11, 2015 Jeanny rated it liked it
Super short but still manages to give readers some insight.
This is a sex scene.For the full book check out Beyond Jealousy (fave book in series)
SMUT: M/M
(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
WOW. That was a very sexy, very erotic, very yummy & naughty little niblet from Kit Rocha's Beyond series.

Dang...is it hot in here? I think it's hot in here. *fanning myself*
Lisa Jo
Apr 10, 2013 Lisa Jo rated it it was amazing
Two HOT MEN! Whew! So yummy! Can wait to see what Rachel does! ;)
Vieira
Mar 23, 2013 Vieira rated it it was amazing
Yummy! I can't wait for Ace's book!!! This was a hot read even though it was short.
  • Marked (Metamorphosis, #1; Beyond, #3.5; Thompson & Sons, #1)
  • Being Amber (New Atlanta, #1)
  • Redemption (Defiance #2)
  • Dark Soul: The Complete Collection (Dark Soul, #1-5)
  • Take It Off (Market Garden, #2)
  • Kamikaze (Last Call, #1)
  • The Sweetest Torture (Sexy Shifter Shorts #1)
  • After the Crux (Crux Survivors, #1)
  • My Wicked Trainers (Club Wicked, #3.5)
  • After
  • Dirty Thirty
  • Pulled Long (Long Shots, #3)
  • Little Red Riding Crop (The Original Sinners, #0.6)
  • Honey Red
  • Painting Fire on the Air (Survivor Stories #2)
  • Hers To Cherish (Verdantia, #3)
  • Risk & Reward (Bedroom Games, #2)
  • One More Rule (Blindfold Club, #2.5)
Once upon a time, two best friends decided to write paranormal romance. And while that was awesome, they also sometimes wanted to write insanely dirty stuff that wasn’t paranormal at all. This is that stuff.

Kit Rocha is the dystopian-erotic-romance writing alter-ego of writing duo Moira Rogers.
More about Kit Rocha...

Beyond (9 books)
  • Beyond Shame (Beyond, #1)
  • Beyond Control (Beyond, #2)
  • Beyond Pain (Beyond, #3)
  • Beyond Jealousy (Beyond, #4)
  • Beyond Addiction (Beyond, #5)
  • Beyond Innocence (Beyond, #6)
  • Beyond Ruin (Beyond, #7)
  • Beyond Ecstasy (Beyond, #8)
  • Beyond Surrender (Beyond, #9)

“If she'd turned away, he would have stopped it. If she'd seemed distressed or upset, if she'd done anything to trigger the protective instincts that seemed to kick into overdrive around her… But she just watched him, her chest heaving.” 1 likes
“The last thing he needed right now was the mental image of her with those sweet lips anywhere near his dick.” 0 likes