Start by marking “Clarabella's Teeth” as Want to Read:
Clarabella's Teeth

Clarabella's Teeth

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  75 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Rosie, Max, Liam, and Zoe are painting pictures, playing games, and having lunch, but Clarabella the crocodile can’t join them. She’s busy brushing her teeth—and it takes a long time because crocodiles have so many teeth! After she misses a whole day’s worth of activities, her friends surprise her with a giant crocodile-size toothbrush. Tomorrow Clarabella will be able to ...more
Published March 25th 2003 by Clarion Books

To ask other readers questions about Clarabella's Teeth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Clarabella's Teeth

Vivian
Posters made by college Health Science students advertised a special story time promising "dental hygiene" instruction. It seemed a perfect fit for the week following Halloween. "H" was the featured alphabet letter this week so our theme was "Holes". Dental cavities are holes in teeth so it all fit together. Their poster "After You Trick or Treat, Remember to Take Care of Your Teeth" caught our attention. Following the presentation each child was given a treat bag with a coloring page and a new ...more
Deborah Harris
This story is about friends who want to play but must brush their teeth first. It could be incorporated in science by talking about why they brush their teeth, and how crocodiles have lots of teeth. It also has a lot of word repitition, this will allow the students to count the number of times Clarabella brushes her teeth. You could also incorporate simple addition by counting the number of times she brushes per page then adding each number together. Each page has an action verb for every charac ...more
Dedra
Poor Clarabella - everyone else is out having fun while she's stuck brushing and brushing and brushing all of her crocodile teeth. This book is adorable, and I have to admit I had a big ole crocodile smile on my face the whole time I read it.
Kelly
A very cute story about brushing your teeth. This book has a 50/50 chance of working in a story time setting as some of the illustrations are very busy for a group to take in with a glance
Mhm Storytelling
Clarabella has so many teeth to brush that she keeps missing fun activities with all of her other animal friends. She is stuck inside brushing until her friends surprise her with a gift....a giant crocodile toothbrush!

Themes/Topics: Oral hygiene, helping others, crocodile/alligator theme

Great Features: Fun pictures with several different animals

Red Flags: there may be a few animals that the children won't know

Opportunities for Interactions: You can have a discussion about how to brush teeth, why
Lain
What an adorable tale! Clarabella is a young crocodile who misses snack, playtime, and fun because she has to spend so much time brushing her mouthful of teeth. Her friends rescue her from her dilemma, though. Perfect for toddlers and preschoolers just learning about sharing, and playing with others.
Suzanne
Aug 24, 2007 Suzanne rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Todder/Preschool
Shelves: picture-books
My daughter loves this book and it has wound up in our daily rotation. The illustrations are great and the story cute. It's a little short, but in the world of picture books, the author would have had to stretch out Clarabella's dental woes for 8 more pages.
Amy Murray
Zoey loved this book, about a crocodile with so many teeth she spends all day brushing them, missing out on play time and snacks with her friends. At the end of the day, her friends give her a 'crocodile sized' toothbrush, problem solved. Cute story.
Lara
Cute story about a crocodile with TOO MANY TEETH TO BRUSH! Luckily, her friends come to the rescue... I think it'll work well read aloud for storytime.
Paula

Clarabella the crocodile cannot play with her friends because she is busy brushing her teeth--and crocodiles have lots of teeth!
Ruth Ann
Preschool age storytime possibility
MCPLD Youth Department
This is a delightful book that shows how friends can be so helpful. And it is great to use when talking about dental hygiene.
Shevonne
This was a cute story about a poor crocodile with too many teeth. The kids adored the story and wanted me to repeat the story.
Perfect way to teach kids to brush their teeth and to be grateful that they don't have that many teeth.
Good addition to storytime - especially since I haven't found a ton of toothbrushing picture books!
Susan
When looking for books about dental health, look no further! It's funny and cute and kids like it!
Deeanna
After my daughter finished reading this story she said,"That was a funny book." :0)
Lindsay
teeth, good hygene, animals - crocodile, rabbit, monkey, zebra
Elizabeth
Gracie and Bridget loved this—fun to read aloud, too.
Megan
Awwwww. Good for story time about teeth.
Allison
for a teeth/tooth fairy storytime
Halima
Halima added it
Oct 27, 2014
Claire
Claire added it
Sep 30, 2014
Samantha Anderson
Samantha Anderson is currently reading it
Sep 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Smile, Crocodile, Smile 64 Zoo Lane: Zed the Zebra Dear Dragon 64 Zoo Lane: Georgina the Giraffe 64 Zoo Lane: Henrietta the Hairy Hippo