Electing To Murder

Electing To Murder

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  81 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Ruthless killers...grizzly deaths...escalating stakes...

A clandestine late night meeting in Kentucky, a murder in a seedy St. Paul motel, a mysterious investigator operating in the shadows and dueling political masterminds all collide to provide Mac McRyan with the ultimate test in ELECTING TO MURDER.
Published 2013

Lori McD
Don't know WHY GR doesn't have the right book cover and info about this book... it's recently released, but still....

ANYWAY, we have a change of pace in this book. Mac gets pulled into homicide and politics and potential voter fraud via electronic voting machines in this fast-paced thriller filled with suspense and intrigue.

The Setting: 2012 - about 1 week before the presidential election. No, it's not Obama vs. Romney - of course not! It's the Republican vice presidential candidate (Republicans...more
Carol and Gary Curtis
Excellent series. This story did not disappoint. It did bogged down sometimes, early on but picked up later. The lead character is quite interesting and I'm sure will be just as daring in future sequels.
Black Butterfly
Nov 12, 2013 Black Butterfly rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: ADULTS
Recommended to Black Butterfly by: BOOKBUB
Shelves: mysteries
ANOTHER GREAT READ, I LOVED THE OTHER BOOK, BUT THIS ONE WAS? GEEZ WHO-DID-DO-IT? THIS BOOK HAD ME STUMPED TILL THE BADDEST GUY WAS FINALLY REVEALED. I LOVED THE ACTION AND THE STORYLINE, EVEN THOUGTH IT FRIGHTENED ME BECAUSE POLITICAL ELECTIONS HAVE BECOME VERY SUSPECT TO ME. WHAT WAS DONE IN THE BOOK I BELIEVE COULD REALLY HAPPEN IN REAL LIFE (if it hasn't already). SHUTTER! I LOVE MAC AND HIS LADY LOVE SALLY, BECAUSE THEY STANDBY EACH OTHER AND THEIR CONVICTIONS. IT'S NICE TO SEE A RELATIONSH...more
Quentin Feduchin
A really workmanlike book, well worth reading and really quite satisfying. However there are problems.
This author's primary problem is his apparent admiration for his own character! He extols his virtues, not to mention his good fortune, at pretty well every turn.
Mac McRyan is tall, lean, exceedingly handsome, undoubtedly a heart-throb, has incredible sex, is surrounded by totally gorgeous dames, is highly intelligent, exceedingly (that word again) perceptive, smart, confident, and to cap it al...more
Jim A
Part police procedural investigating a murder and part political thriller. While I didn't enjoy it quite as much as Deadly Stillwater, it was still a pretty fun read.

Mac MacRyan, a St. Paul, MN homicide detective, gets involved in some political intrigue on the eve of a presidential election. Flips back and forth between the political aspects and the police hunting the killers and trying to figure out the why as well as the who.

Once again with Stelljes writing, it requires a few leaps of faith....more
Mike Kennedy
I really liked the latest in the latest installment in the Mac McRyan series. I think this book was a step up from Deadly Stilwater, #2 in the series. I found this book fast paced, and a page turner. Stelljes did a great job using the presidential election theme as a vehicle to drive the story line. Mc McRyan reminds me a lot of another fictional Minnesota detective who does what it takes to get the job done, John Sanford's Lucas Davenport. There characters are very similar. Both are no nonsense...more
Janka
I really like this series, the story is well thought of, the characters are well developed, you cant help it but love Mac and Sally. The only downside of this story for me - and this is purelly personal opinion - too much politics. I do not like politics and I felt it was a bit too much about politics and not enough of the murder investigation. Otherwise it would be 5 stars from me.
Marti
The second of the five books Barnes & Noble has asked me to review, this was a rather action-packed book. I am fairly sure that I have read another Mac McRyan book before. In this one, he teams with Darla Wire, a former FBI agent, to find out what is happening in the presidential campaign--why people are being killed, and eventually why the voting machines are being rigged in favor of one candidate. There is a European connection, and someone named The Bishop is behind all this. Mac's longti...more
I could so see this happening in todays world.
Kathy
Absolutely fantastic book! I couldn't put it down and cannot wait for the next one!!
Keith
Once again, enjoyed the storyline of a Stelljes book. Good characters, good descriptive writing. Really the only negative was the grammatical mistakes in the book. I don't blame the writer, but the editor.
Gary
I would give this book a higher rating except for his constant belief that Republicans are the scum of the earth. Don't know if I will ever buy one of his books again.
Eydie
I really like this "new" author! This book was not one of my favorites. Too many characters to sort out. But I really like his books.
Robbie
Excellent political/mystery/thriller! Characters are well-developed, intelligent, likeable and heroic.
Steve Isenhower
Very good series. Nothing deep or thought provoking; just interesting, fun, fast paced story telling!
Tam
Entertaining as well as several twists to keep the reader engaged til the end.
Linda Meyn
Loved it. Can't wait for the next Mac McRyan book.
Cindi Patten
Cindi Patten marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Nina
Nina marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Chris
Chris added it
Jun 22, 2014
Lorri
Lorri marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Penny Abbott
Penny Abbott marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Don
Don marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Jill
Jill marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
NYT and USA Today bestselling author of the McRyan Mystery series.
More about Roger Stelljes...
Deadly Stillwater (McRyan Mystery Series, #2) The St. Paul Conspiracy (McRyan Mystery Series, #1) First Case (McRyan Mystery Series, #0.5) Electing To Murder - Thriller (McRyan Mystery Series) First Deadly Conspiracy - Box Set (McRyan Mystery Series)