Start by marking “Electing To Murder” as Want to Read:

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  240 ratings  ·  32 reviews
Ruthless killers...grizzly deaths...escalating stakes...

A clandestine late night meeting in Kentucky, a murder in a seedy St. Paul motel, a mysterious investigator operating in the shadows and dueling political masterminds all collide to provide Mac McRyan with the ultimate test in ELECTING TO MURDER.
Published 2013

To ask other readers questions about Electing To Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Electing To Murder

Lori McD
Don't know WHY GR doesn't have the right book cover and info about this book... it's recently released, but still....

ANYWAY, we have a change of pace in this book. Mac gets pulled into homicide and politics and potential voter fraud via electronic voting machines in this fast-paced thriller filled with suspense and intrigue.

The Setting: 2012 - about 1 week before the presidential election. No, it's not Obama vs. Romney - of course not! It's the Republican vice presidential candidate (Republicans
Carol and Gary Curtis
Excellent series. This story did not disappoint. It did bogged down sometimes, early on but picked up later. The lead character is quite interesting and I'm sure will be just as daring in future sequels.
Mike Kennedy
I really liked the latest in the latest installment in the Mac McRyan series. I think this book was a step up from Deadly Stilwater, #2 in the series. I found this book fast paced, and a page turner. Stelljes did a great job using the presidential election theme as a vehicle to drive the story line. Mac McRyan reminds me a lot of another fictional Minnesota detective who does what it takes to get the job done, John Sanford's Lucas Davenport. There characters are very similar. Both are no nonsens ...more
Black Butterfly
Nov 12, 2013 Black Butterfly rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: ADULTS
Recommended to Black Butterfly by: BOOKBUB
Shelves: mysteries
ANOTHER GREAT READ, I LOVED THE OTHER BOOK, BUT THIS ONE WAS? GEEZ WHO-DID-DO-IT? THIS BOOK HAD ME STUMPED TILL THE BADDEST GUY WAS FINALLY REVEALED. I LOVED THE ACTION AND THE STORYLINE, EVEN THOUGTH IT FRIGHTENED ME BECAUSE POLITICAL ELECTIONS HAVE BECOME VERY SUSPECT TO ME. WHAT WAS DONE IN THE BOOK I BELIEVE COULD REALLY HAPPEN IN REAL LIFE (if it hasn't already). SHUTTER! I LOVE MAC AND HIS LADY LOVE SALLY, BECAUSE THEY STANDBY EACH OTHER AND THEIR CONVICTIONS. IT'S NICE TO SEE A RELATIONSH ...more
Quentin Feduchin
A really workmanlike book, well worth reading and really quite satisfying. However there are problems.
This author's primary problem is his apparent admiration for his own character! He extols his virtues, not to mention his good fortune, at pretty well every turn.
Mac McRyan is tall, lean, exceedingly handsome, undoubtedly a heart-throb, has incredible sex, is surrounded by totally gorgeous dames, is highly intelligent, exceedingly (that word again) perceptive, smart, confident, and to cap it al
Jim A
Part police procedural investigating a murder and part political thriller. While I didn't enjoy it quite as much as Deadly Stillwater, it was still a pretty fun read.

Mac MacRyan, a St. Paul, MN homicide detective, gets involved in some political intrigue on the eve of a presidential election. Flips back and forth between the political aspects and the police hunting the killers and trying to figure out the why as well as the who.

Once again with Stelljes writing, it requires a few leaps of faith.
Janka
I really like this series, the story is well thought of, the characters are well developed, you cant help it but love Mac and Sally. The only downside of this story for me - and this is purelly personal opinion - too much politics. I do not like politics and I felt it was a bit too much about politics and not enough of the murder investigation. Otherwise it would be 5 stars from me.
Arthur
Electing to Murder - Thriller ( McRyan Mystery series)

Welcome to the inside of politics and politicians who work the system to their advantage regardless of the cost in money, men, and values. All that matters is that they are the winner. Doubtful, jump on board and take a thrilling ride, one you won't want to miss.
Joan
Electing to Murder was not as good as the other Steljes books I have read. In addition to a less-interesting story, the kindle edition also had numerous editing flaws (verb tense and pronoun case errors primarily.)
Gregory D Glover
Amazing Read

Amazing Read

This is my third book and by far the best. This book will keep you captivated and intrigued until the very end.
Look forward to the next one in the series.
Brenden Schaaf
Gripping tale, but some serious editing issues (at least in the Kindle version) that really were quite distracting.
Marti
The second of the five books Barnes & Noble has asked me to review, this was a rather action-packed book. I am fairly sure that I have read another Mac McRyan book before. In this one, he teams with Darla Wire, a former FBI agent, to find out what is happening in the presidential campaign--why people are being killed, and eventually why the voting machines are being rigged in favor of one candidate. There is a European connection, and someone named The Bishop is behind all this. Mac's longti ...more
I could so see this happening in todays world.
Phil Jones
A little too much politics for my taste but still a good Mac thriller.
If you have read the others you will enjoy this one.
Baudhuin
I like this series.

Good quick reads. Really keep you interested. I intend to read the rest, and honestly, can't wait! Thanks Roger. You done good here.
Marie
Kept you guessing

I am a new fan of McRyan Mystery Series with this being the second book I have read. Mr. Stelljes just joined a host of well known mystery writers that I believe are worth reading. The plot thickens as the story unveils and keeps you guessing right up until the end. Mac is a great character and his appeal grows on you. Great Read!
Zona M Gouldthread
Great story.

Could not put it down. Great characters ....good plot. Hope to see more of these characters in the political arena.
Stelljes is my new favorite author.
Kathy
Absolutely fantastic book! I couldn't put it down and cannot wait for the next one!!
Larry C. Jones
Electing To Murder

Excellent book! One of my favorite authors. Looking forward to his next book.

Making you write a review that has to have a certain number of words is stupid!!!

Keith
Once again, enjoyed the storyline of a Stelljes book. Good characters, good descriptive writing. Really the only negative was the grammatical mistakes in the book. I don't blame the writer, but the editor.
Gloria
So far so good

So far so good

The book starts out slow and takes a bit too get into unlike the previous books, but then picks up quickly and draws you in.
Debbie Bartlett
A great read.

Nonstop from start to finish! I love Mac McRyan and his intuitive reaches. I would highly recommend this to anyone that loves to be surprised.
Gary
I would give this book a higher rating except for his constant belief that Republicans are the scum of the earth. Don't know if I will ever buy one of his books again.
Eydie
I really like this "new" author! This book was not one of my favorites. Too many characters to sort out. But I really like his books.
Carol Foster
Another great book from the McRyan Mystery series... I have to say this one out of the 3 I've read, is my favorite...
Robbie
Excellent political/mystery/thriller! Characters are well-developed, intelligent, likeable and heroic.
Steve Isenhower
Very good series. Nothing deep or thought provoking; just interesting, fun, fast paced story telling!
Tam
Entertaining as well as several twists to keep the reader engaged til the end.
Wendy
Very good! Lots of action, couldn't put it down once it got going.
Linda Meyn
Loved it. Can't wait for the next Mac McRyan book.
  • The Lance (The Project, #2)
  • The Sleeping Partner (Sarah Tolerance, #3)
  • The Flinck Connection (Genevieve Lenard, #4)
  • Guilt by Degrees (Rachel Knight, #2)
  • A Disappearance in Drury Lane (Captain Lacey Regency Mysteries, #8)
  • Draycott Everlasting: Christmas Knight & Moonrise (Draycott Abbey #7.5 & 6)
  • Trapped (Legend, #3)
  • January Thaw
  • A Bad Day for Mercy (Bad Day, #4)
  • GhosTV (PsyCop, #6)
  • Undercover Lover (Covert Attractions #2)
  • Crossing Lines (Gabe Quinn #2)
  • Remnant: A Caldwell & Feximal/Whyborne & Griffin Mystery (The Secret Casebook of Simon Feximal; Whyborne & Griffin, #3.5)
  • Midsummer Night (Lady Julia, #3.5)
NYT and USA Today bestselling author of the McRyan Mystery series. New release FATALLY BOUND is now available.
More about Roger Stelljes...
Deadly Stillwater (McRyan Mystery Series, #2) The St. Paul Conspiracy (McRyan Mystery Series, #1) First Case (McRyan Mystery Series, #0.5) First Deadly Conspiracy - Box Set (McRyan Mystery Series) Fatally Bound (McRyan Mystery Series Book 5)