Start by marking “The Mind Reader (Fear Street #26)” as Want to Read:
The Mind Reader (Fear Street #26)

The Mind Reader (Fear Street #26)

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  870 ratings  ·  18 reviews
A bony hand beckons from a shallow grave, but only Ellie can see the skeletal hand. Ellie has visions—visions of past secrets and future horror. Her visions have led her to the body of a girl who was killed two years before. Now her power may help her find the murderer...unless he finds her first.
Published September 21st 1996 by Pocket Books (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about The Mind Reader, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mind Reader

Sayda
Scariest book I've read in this last year. You'll never know when you are going to find out the true killer. Are Elli's vision's only playing a trick on her. When her visions gives her clues about who the true killer really is. When one of her visions show's her, that her boyfriend might be the killer. She has to decide if to believe the police or her boyfriend. I recommend this book to people who like to read about mistery and suspension.
BookishBoo
What can I say? The Mind Reader is a short popcorn novel designed to quickly immerse the reader into a mystery without all of the unnecessary details. I love reading these books after completing a confusing and time consuming epic.
Supertramp
This is my first R.L.Stine book. I Just now completed this book. It just took two days to complete it.I never felt horror thing in the story but I felt like reading a good thriller or a mystery book.

Coming to the detailed review of the book at the starting I didn't like the book and I was just reading it because I have started. But when I read more than 60 pages I tasted the interesting plot. I didn't expected the first twist of Sarah but I expected the ending. Overall a good small book to read.
Zafie
I've read this book ages ago...back in secondary school days. I remember this author was so popular among our cliques that we have our own book club dedicated to the author and would exchange books among us if we don't own a certain title.

And of most of the books by this author that I've read, this one definitely stands out. I never actually predicted who was the killer cos usually I manage to point out who.
Risa Maeda
I think this is another good thriller written by one of my favorite childhood authors. It has psychics/mind readers, and twists throughout the book. I like it how all the evidence points to one person but, it ends up being someone you would least expect. This one is definitely making my list as one of my favorite books by this author. :)
Drucilla
This Fear Street book's twists are a lot twistier than other entries in the series. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing, though. It kind of gets annoying after a while, but I must admit that this ending was much darker than I expected. I liked it, though.
Stephanie Cook
This is my favorite R.L. Stine book. I love the thiller factor of this book. If you like ghost stories or murder mysteries, this is the perfect book for you. It's aimed at teens but I loved this.
Lisa
Always a guilty pleasure, reading the Fear Street series. This one was really good, I love mind reading, and paranormal storylines.
Brittany
I read this book while in middle school. I was a HUGE R.L. Stine fan and like most of his other books, I couldn't put it down.
Loulou
It was creepy and scary. It led you to believe one thing and then the ending SHOCKS you completely. I really enjoyed to book.
Ashly
A short, likeable, guilty pleasure type of book.
It's nice to revisit childhood authors every now and again.
Danielle Mckinney
It was kind of predictable, the ending I had in my mind would have been a cooler twist.
Melaniejo
This is one of the first books I ever read. Kinda creepy but really fun!
Genevieve Juanis
one of my favourite book ever. thanks to the anonymous person who threw it. ;P
Katherine
A really good thriller!
April
Pretty good mystery book!
Fahdah
Old days..LOOL
Cam762
Cam762 marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Nosheen Zaidi
Nosheen Zaidi marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Jeff S
Jeff S marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
Trevor Wells
Trevor Wells marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Arisa
Arisa marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
  • The Lost Mind
  • Funhouse (Point Horror, #9)
  • Fatal Bargain (Vampire's Promise, #3)
  • The Drifter
  • Babysitters Club Collection #5 (The Babysitters Club, #13-15)

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...
Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1) Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7) Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4) The Haunted Mask (Goosebumps, #11) One Day at Horrorland (Goosebumps, #16)