Start by marking “The Mind Reader (Fear Street #26)” as Want to Read:
The Mind Reader (Fear Street #26)

The Mind Reader (Fear Street #26)

3.69  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,044 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
A bony hand beckons from a shallow grave…

But only Ellie Anderson can see the skeletal hand. Ellie has visions—visions of past secrets and future horror. Her visions have led her to the body of a girl who was killed two years before. Now her power may help her find the murderer…unless he finds her first!
Published September 21st 1996 by Pocket Books (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about The Mind Reader, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mind Reader

Nudžejma
Jul 16, 2015 Nudžejma rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books
Nije čista petica kao "Kobno ljeto" ili "Vikend u divljini", ali ne može biti ni četvrtica poput "Dragi dnevniče mrtav sam" ili "Zaključna ocjena" :D Nešto između...
Sayda
Dec 13, 2009 Sayda rated it it was amazing
Scariest book I've read in this last year. You'll never know when you are going to find out the true killer. Are Elli's vision's only playing a trick on her. When her visions gives her clues about who the true killer really is. When one of her visions show's her, that her boyfriend might be the killer. She has to decide if to believe the police or her boyfriend. I recommend this book to people who like to read about mistery and suspension.
Luis godinez
Mar 04, 2015 Luis godinez rated it really liked it
The book was good it was about a girl who has visions about things that might happen.
Her friend works in a diner the girl went walking with her dog and the dog found bones.
The body they found was her mom.
I recomond this book to anyone who likes mysterty books.
BookishBoo
Jul 28, 2014 BookishBoo rated it really liked it
What can I say? The Mind Reader is a short popcorn novel designed to quickly immerse the reader into a mystery without all of the unnecessary details. I love reading these books after completing a confusing and time consuming epic.
Aeron Trahaearn
Jan 12, 2016 Aeron Trahaearn rated it really liked it
okaaaaaaaaaaay...even though the hero was hot....HE WAS STILL A STALKER!!!! i dont get that about R.L stine....he makes the guys into weirdo stalkers and still expects us to love them...
Supertramp
Jan 12, 2012 Supertramp rated it really liked it
This is my first R.L.Stine book. I Just now completed this book. It just took two days to complete it.I never felt horror thing in the story but I felt like reading a good thriller or a mystery book.

Coming to the detailed review of the book at the starting I didn't like the book and I was just reading it because I have started. But when I read more than 60 pages I tasted the interesting plot. I didn't expected the first twist of Sarah but I expected the ending. Overall a good small book to read.
Cristian Hernandez
Jun 11, 2015 Cristian Hernandez rated it it was amazing
You see, this book is outstanding! Really, like, this book is a real Fear Street novel, and it is suspenseful as well!
Amanda
Dec 23, 2014 Amanda rated it it was amazing
a murder mystery with a classic feel
Sammi
Feb 04, 2016 Sammi rated it really liked it
Shelves: four-stars
I read this book maybe 3-5 times growing up. It was one of my favorites and I recently picked it up again. I still really love it and that is because it's a quick read yet it still catches your attention and you just want to get through the whole thing to find out what happens at the end. Really though I believe that most of the fear street books are pretty good for the same reasons that they are quick reads but they still catch you attention, they have you hooked from the beginning.
Zafie
Oct 18, 2011 Zafie rated it really liked it
I've read this book ages ago...back in secondary school days. I remember this author was so popular among our cliques that we have our own book club dedicated to the author and would exchange books among us if we don't own a certain title.

And of most of the books by this author that I've read, this one definitely stands out. I never actually predicted who was the killer cos usually I manage to point out who.
Risa Maeda
Dec 25, 2012 Risa Maeda rated it liked it
I think this is another good thriller written by one of my favorite childhood authors. It has psychics/mind readers, and twists throughout the book. I like it how all the evidence points to one person but, it ends up being someone you would least expect. This one is definitely making my list as one of my favorite books by this author. :)
Lany
Dec 20, 2014 Lany rated it it was amazing
I think I don't need to write a lot about how much I love Agatha Christie and how much I love her style of writing, but I need to confessed that at the beginning I didn't like this storie, but I kept reading it tilll the end. I'm glad that I did that, because this is really good book. I recommend.
Drucilla
Jan 09, 2012 Drucilla rated it liked it
Shelves: fear-street
This Fear Street book's twists are a lot twistier than other entries in the series. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing, though. It kind of gets annoying after a while, but I must admit that this ending was much darker than I expected. I liked it, though.
Stephanie Cook
Oct 31, 2011 Stephanie Cook rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite R.L. Stine book. I love the thiller factor of this book. If you like ghost stories or murder mysteries, this is the perfect book for you. It's aimed at teens but I loved this.
Lisa
Aug 18, 2010 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Always a guilty pleasure, reading the Fear Street series. This one was really good, I love mind reading, and paranormal storylines.
Brittany
Jul 25, 2011 Brittany rated it really liked it
I read this book while in middle school. I was a HUGE R.L. Stine fan and like most of his other books, I couldn't put it down.
Loulou
Jan 05, 2012 Loulou rated it it was amazing
It was creepy and scary. It led you to believe one thing and then the ending SHOCKS you completely. I really enjoyed to book.
Ashly
May 13, 2011 Ashly rated it liked it
A short, likeable, guilty pleasure type of book.
It's nice to revisit childhood authors every now and again.
Danielle Mckinney
May 02, 2012 Danielle Mckinney rated it liked it
It was kind of predictable, the ending I had in my mind would have been a cooler twist.
Melaniejo
Jul 19, 2008 Melaniejo rated it really liked it
This is one of the first books I ever read. Kinda creepy but really fun!
Genevieve Juanis
Sep 07, 2011 Genevieve Juanis rated it really liked it
one of my favourite book ever. thanks to the anonymous person who threw it. ;P
Katherine
Dec 24, 2011 Katherine rated it it was amazing
A really good thriller!
April
Apr 28, 2012 April rated it liked it
Pretty good mystery book!
Fahdah
Jul 30, 2010 Fahdah rated it it was ok
Old days..LOOL
Alya Lim
Alya Lim marked it as to-read
May 03, 2016
Casey Boling
Casey Boling marked it as to-read
May 01, 2016
Allison
Allison marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2016
My2boys.Jdmwgmail.Com
My2boys.Jdmwgmail.Com marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2016
  • Fatal Bargain (Vampire's Promise, #3)
  • The Lost Mind
  • Babysitters Club Collection #6 (The Babysitters Club, #16-18)
  • Funhouse (Point Horror, #9)
  • Playing with Fire (Sweet Valley High, #3)

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...

Fear Street (1 - 10 of 54 books)
  • The New Girl (Fear Street, #1)
  • The Surprise Party (Fear Street, #2)
  • The Overnight (Fear Street, #3)
  • Missing (Fear Street, #4)
  • The Wrong Number (Fear Street, #5)
  • The Sleepwalker (Fear Street, #6)
  • Haunted (Fear Street, #7)
  • Halloween Party (Fear Street, #8)
  • The Stepsister (Fear Street, #9)
  • Ski Weekend (Fear Street, #10)