Start by marking “UFO Hunters: Book One” as Want to Read:
UFO Hunters: Book One

UFO Hunters: Book One

3.24 of 5 stars 3.24  ·  rating details  ·  17 ratings  ·  5 reviews
UFO Hunters follows the team ofbestselling authorWilliam J. Birnes, former NASA physicist Dr. Ted Acworth, and former US Army engineerPat Uskert as they investigate UFO cases around the world. The team’s access to UFO evidence is unparalleled—and their expertise allows them to quickly identify bogus claims. Together, they use eyewitness accounts, scientific experimentation ...more
Published September 10th 2013 by Tor Books

To ask other readers questions about UFO Hunters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about UFO Hunters

Robert Wright
A fun, light read for fans of the show or those wanting a brief survey of different UFO-related topics—sightings, abductions, crashes, etc.

Always liked UFO Hunters for a less hysterical, fact-based approach. Using the term "fact" here loosely, as they tend to have a good deal of credulity for people's stories and often give the benefit of the doubt when evidence is inconclusive. Though they do tend to say outright when something is undetermined.

I also like their emphasis on digging up otherwise
Coyora Dokusho
In compliance with FTC guidelines, I am disclosing that I received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads. (i.e. DESTINY wants me to read this book.)

Stats: written in the first person

Tags: Behind the Scenes,

I'm going to update my review as I read the book!! Why? Because it's fun~

4:11 PM 09/14/2013

The UFO information is interesting to me, the weird CIA stuff is too, I'm learning a lot, but it's a bit of a slog...

ended page 30 "We first approached..."

DISCLAIMER: I FREELY USE AND ABUSE TH
Friederike
I received a free First Reads copy of this book.

I thought it was really interesting to learn about how the acclaimed TV show came to be and gaining insight on the production of a TV show.

My major criticism would be that there were no images used in this book ( which may only be the case in the Unofficial ARCs) but given the subject matter a few images and/or maps would have been great.

I found this book to be well written, clearly organized, and informational. A must-have for fans of the show.
Andrea Sefler
‘UFO Hunters,’ a companion book to the highly popular History Channel series, gets one star for an entirely valid concept but very poor execution.

Full review published at PopMythology: http://www.popmythology.com/ufo-hunte...
Jill
Aug 13, 2013 Jill marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
Just won a free copy! Can't wait to read it and review it. Thanks so much! Ill write an update review soon. :)
Kaitlin
Kaitlin marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
Jennifer Goins
Jennifer Goins marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
Dan Smolla
Dan Smolla marked it as to-read
May 06, 2015
Michael Lessing
Michael Lessing marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Andrew DeLorenzo
Andrew DeLorenzo is currently reading it
Feb 28, 2015
Kendra
Kendra marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
David
David added it
Feb 16, 2015
Jason
Jason marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
Donovan Maguigan
Donovan Maguigan marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
C. A.  Thorne
C. A. Thorne is currently reading it
Sep 29, 2014
Thomas Kidd
Thomas Kidd marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Bern
Bern marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Shawna
Shawna marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2014
Edward H. Busse, III
Edward H. Busse, III marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2014
Jfr
Jfr added it
Nov 29, 2013
Rachael
Rachael marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2013
John Kilgallon
John Kilgallon marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2013
  • Siding Star
  • Asylum: The Circeae Tales
  • Shadow People (Peter Warlock, #2)
  • Arata: The Legend, Vol. 07 (Arata: The Legend, #7)
  • Incidents in the Night: Volume 1
  • The Nameless Hero (Joshua Dread #2)
  • Favorite Nursery Rhymes from Mother Goose
  • Missed Periods and Other Grammar Scares: How to Avoid Unplanned and Unwanted Grammar Errors
  • Vampires, Burial, and Death: Folklore and Reality
  • Bankrupting Physics: How Today's Top Scientists are Gambling Away Their Credibility
  • Amazing Facts and Beyond
  • A Moment Comes
  • Life Is a Bowl of Cherry Pits
  • Alpha and Omega: Cry Wolf Volume 2
  • Nightmare Range: The Collected Sueno and Bascom Short Stories
  • The Planet-Girded Suns: The History of Human Thought About Extrasolar Worlds
  • The Goat-Ripper Case (Sonoma Knight PI, #1)
  • Battle for Las Vegas: The Law vs the Mob (True Crime)
The Haunting of Twentieth-Century America Aliens in America: A UFO Hunter's Guide to Extraterrestrial Hotpspots Across the U.S. The Haunting of America: From the Salem Witch Trials to Harry Houdini Unsolved UFO Mysteries: The World's Most Compelling Cases of Alien Encounter The Everything UFO Book: An Investigation of Sightings, Cover-Ups, and the Quest for Extraterrestial Life