Unforgettable

Unforgettable

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  43 ratings  ·  15 reviews
In hospital following a near-fatal accident, Connor has temporary retrograde amnesia, and there's a blank slate where the last three years of his life should be. It's a woman with haunted eyes and secrets who offers to help him rediscover his past.

Colleague, friend and ex-lover, Emma warns him they must be discreet. No one knows about their past relationship, and for the s...more
Published January 1st 2013 by Escape Publishing (first published June 1st 2011)

Ari Bookzilla.
I needed some time to sort through my feelings about this one, mostly because just a few days ago I read something very similar. I absolutely loved it!

Connor wakes up after an accident in a hospital with amnesia, not remembering the last three years of his life. And Emma is just two days short of him remembering her.

Emma and Connor were co-workers, best friends and lovers. And he doesn't remember any of it. Or the reason they weren't that anymore.
However, even without pointers you can see the ch...more
Desere

This was a really fun, interesting and suspense filled read! Loved it!!

The plot involved a woman focused on helping the love of her life to regain his memory after a accident has left him with amnesia. However, what made it interesting is that she tells him, they need to be discreet about it which is always a given in some situations where office romance comes into play, but the real page turner here is that she has a secret as to just exactly what tore them apart in the first place.

Yes,I kid y...more
Jacek
Loved loved this book. It probably is my most favorite adult contemporary romance of 2012-2013. The blurb didn't do this book any justice! I admit the story was simple and a little predictable but the writing and the characters won me over almost instantly. I was completely hooked after the third page.

We have our hero Connor losing the memories of his 3 most recent years and Emma struggling to help him gain them back, with guilt, a lot of guilt. Ms.Ackers' writing was mesmerizing. She portrayed...more
Anna

Unforgettable is an Aussie book; and I'm all about Aussie books with a white-hot passion. There's something about their writing that's just bloody brilliant, OR probably in their drinking water that makes them very awesome.

I don't normally rate contemporary-romance a solid 5 star not unless it really captured my heart. With these adult novels sprouting everywhere, you can't help the predictability of the story, whether you've read it or not, and comparing its similarities with the others. In sho...more
♠ Becka ♠ | Smut&SpitfireBooks
Okay, so I read this book a few days ago and I had to take a few days to sum up my thoughts on it.
Background:
3 years ago, Emma and Connor started working together and got to be best friends, 2 years into the friendship, they become lovers
description
but 5 months later, it all ends the night he proposes when she says she CAN'T until she has told her secret

Then for 2 months both are miserable and he hates her... He gets a new slutty bitch girlfriend.
description
So... He is hit by a car (if I told you how that came about,...more
Lauren Murphy
Following a serious accident, the love of Emma’s life and colleague, Connor awakes in Hospital with temporary amnesia. He can’t remember the last three years and as a result has no recollection of having ever met Emma let alone their intense relationship that ended in disaster.

When she arrives at the Hospital- despite her having his supposed girlfriend Asha in tow- he can’t help but be drawn to Emma and want to know her better. Emma is devastated by Connor’s memory loss and it takes much of her...more
Marg
Connor and Emma have a history, first as friends and then as lovers, but when he awakens from a coma following an accident he has lost 3 years of memory, and he has no clue who the two women waiting by his bedside are. One is his girlfriend, Asha, and the other is Emma. Emma knows that no one knows Connor as well as she does, especially not his high maintenance 'girlfriend'.

Emma is determined to help Connor with his return to normal life, including back to work, as soon as possible, partially be...more
Jenny Schwartz
Okay, let's deal with the elephant in the room upfront. Can amnesia be anything other than a tired old dramatic ploy?

I won't give you spoilers, but I loved how Elise Ackers used Connor's amnesia to set up a drama that showed you other people's reactions to their relatioship as well as his and Emma's. Not that the spotlight was ever off the couple -- the romance was too strong, the pace too intense -- but we saw different aspects of the situation. We saw their beliefs challenged.

Moreover, the...more
Bree T
When Connor awakes from a coma after an accident that nearly claims his life, the last three years are a blank slate. Suffering from post-retrograde amnesia, everything that has happened in the past three years is as if it never took place at all. Connor has a new job, new friends, a girlfriend he doesn’t remember. And a friend that hangs back looking haunted and who promises to tell him everything, but that he’ll have to trust her.

Emma and Connor were best friends – they were more than best fri...more
Michelle
Weighing in at about 170 pages, after you take out the extra pages, this was more of a brunch than an entire meal and a little shorter than I would usually read. I think it is also a little shorter than it could have been to truly shine.

Connor was involved in a terrible accident which has left him comatose in the hospital and when he wakes it is without the last three years of his life. He is physically well and the only thing still affecting him seems to be his amnesia, and the Doctors can’t be...more
Englishrose
This was a cute, but rather different romance. There were very strong emotions being thrown around during the whole story, pulling on your heartstrings as it pulled on the characters'. The conflict and emotions ran high and well. I liked the smooth line of the plot. The characters were likable and though I felt like the main issue that caused problems was not such a big deal personally, the author did a great job making it convincing and the characters' reaction understandable. I did find there...more
Tressa
I thought Unforgettable was okay. I did like how the amnesia was handled, but I was concerned about the lack of professionalism that became rampant, in my opinion, near the end of the story.
Emma
read it and loved it. great story and was fun to read. i feel like u know the characters as personal friends, i care so much about the outcomes. i can't wait to read more from this author
Pat
Enjoyable read. 3 1/2 stars.
Muhammad Azeem
Muhammad Azeem marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Rella  (Cleanreadsplease)
Rella (Cleanreadsplease) marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Margaret
Margaret marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Devin Colon
Devin Colon marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
Isabel Del rosario
Isabel Del rosario marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
Carolina
Carolina marked it as to-read
May 22, 2014
Memoona Iqbal
Memoona Iqbal marked it as to-read
May 19, 2014
Jasmine
Jasmine marked it as to-read
May 19, 2014
Kminni
Kminni marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014
Kylie
Kylie marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
Bookfanatic
Bookfanatic marked it as to-read
May 08, 2014
Ralitsa Aslanova
Ralitsa Aslanova marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Elise K. Ackers was born in New South Wales, Australia, but she grew up in Western Australia, northern Queensland, Sydney's Blue Mountains, and the Victorian Dandenong Ranges. Suffice to say, she enjoys change and likes to travel.

Elise was a storyteller before she was a writer. For hours on end she would recount every moment of her kindergarten days to her mum, pausing often for dramatic effect....more
More about Elise K. Ackers...
The Man Plan Ask Me to Stay (Homeland, #1) Small Town Storm Dear Stranger Ask Me for More (Homeland, #2)