Start by marking “Malibu Nanny: Adventures of the Former Kardashian Nanny” as Want to Read:
Malibu Nanny:  Adventures of the Former Kardashian Nanny

Malibu Nanny: Adventures of the Former Kardashian Nanny

2.87  ·  Rating Details  ·  116 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
Growing up in a rural Minnesota town (population of just 123), Pam Behan always dreamed of travel and adventure, hoping to one day become a flight attendant. After her first year of college (and thirsting for excitement), Pam visits a friend in Los Angeles for the summer. She decides to try her hand as a nanny, ultimately leading to a chance encounter with the Jenner famil ...more
ebook, Second Edition, 227 pages
Published March 20th 2013 by Minnesota Girls Press (first published July 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Malibu Nanny, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Malibu Nanny

Liesje Leest
I picked up (or better downloaded) this book because I watch Keeping Up With The Kardashians, and it seemed fun to read about their lives before the TV show started.

But the book doesn't really tell all that much. On one hand I think it's good of Pam Behan to not air out the families dirty laundry but on the other hand...why write the book at all it you are not really going to tell anything? Most things she talks about are so general they could aply to any family. The kids come home from school a
Kristi
Feb 15, 2013 Kristi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book! This newest version has been totally rewritten and I like it much better. More stories and details have been added. It was so interesting to read a regular persons perspective of what it was like to be incorporated into the Malibu/Hollywood lifestyle. It was a very easy and light read! The stories of the other Hollywood people she interacts with were interesting, and I loved learning more about Bruce Jenner and what type of person he really is! There is a part in the ...more
Melinda Elizabeth
Oct 05, 2014 Melinda Elizabeth rated it liked it
If you're looking for dirt or anything juicy, you're going to be disappointed by this "tell all". I'm not even a fan of the Kardashians, however after watching the tv show "beverly hills nannies" I was in the mood for a little more gossip in line with what I had seen on that tv show. You know what I'm looking for, weird requests, late night confessionals, drama and children thrown in to this mix.

I get the feeling that if you've ever had any inkling of what the Kardashians are about, you've got t
Veronica
Jan 13, 2015 Veronica rated it it was ok
The book was ok. I feel kinda bad giving it 2 stars only, but there are books I've liked far better that I have given 3 stars. It was an impulse download as I have kind of been on a memoirs reading trend lately. If you get past the part that it is a nanny trying to capitalize off of her time spent caring for the Kardashian-Jenner clan, she has some positive messages in the end. Although I'm not exactly a fan of the Kardashian reality series, it is commendable that she didn't totally slam them or ...more
Sue-Ellen
Jun 11, 2013 Sue-Ellen rated it it was ok
Kind of sorry I wasted money on this book. Nothing more irritating than spelling errors, poor grammar and reading writing that seems like it was written by a ten year old. I have two stars because I liked the pictures.
Tracy
Feb 22, 2016 Tracy rated it liked it
Shelves: memoir
This might actually be only 2.5 stars. I was excited about reading this b/c I love books about nannies and about Hollywood. I've read other books by star-nannies and while this one was okay at times, it generally wasn't great. And, for me, it was too religious at the end. I was frustrated by her poor choices with regard to her boyfriend(s) and the fact that she stayed in the nanny job too long.

I think that Linda Jenner came off as very nice to work for as did Bruce Jenner, however, Kris Kardashi
Kaitlin
Aug 30, 2012 Kaitlin rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I read Malibu Nanny because of the hype surrounding it online (okay, or lack-there-of since the book hasn't been picked up). Online, there were statements saying it lacked anything juicy that would make it worth publishing. I agree 100%, it seems more of an autobiography of Pam's experience with the family, which she seems to think would be important to someone. The letters to her parents are silly, at best, and her touch with celebrity is nothing but a story of her past and a memory she can bra ...more
Book Addict Shaun
Jul 29, 2013 Book Addict Shaun rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, 2013
I love the Kardashians. I couldn't care less what people think about them but I am addicted to KUWTK and following their lives. I did find the idea for this book a bit trashy but was interested to read it. Well, after reading it I'm glad I did but for the most part it was a waste of time.

Pam was first the nanny of Brody and Brandon before Bruce took her with him when he married Kris and she then became the Kardashian nanny. The first 60 or so pages are about Linda Jenner, Brody and Brandon an
Steph
Never really watched or read about the Kardashians, but I'm a sucker for Nanny type novels. I found this to be a bit repetitive, but overall an interesting read.

My favorite passage from the book (and one I can identify with in my own Nannying experiences):

"I loved those kids, and it was truly hard to leave them. Yes, I was the hired help and I had done the job I had been paid to do. But it was so much more than that to me. I poured my heart into my job, and I poured my heart into them. I nurture
Kate Gannaway
Crikey. Another chickadee I wanted to grow a set. She was being shamelessly used by her family - none other than the Kardashians. She should have been paid three times the amount she was and ensured she had a second nanny to give her a proper break. I doubt she ever stopped and looked after herself the entire time she was employed. Six years all up. That's a long time without a day off.
Stacey Goans
Oct 14, 2015 Stacey Goans rated it really liked it
This book was actually very interesting. It's further proof that life in Hollywood is so different than anywhere else. Pam leaves her home in Minnesota for adventure and falls into a job as a nanny for Linda Jenner. The rest takes off on a crazy ride. I found Pam to be likable, which is why this book works. Definitely a fun read to see how the "other half" lives!
Jane Johnson
I saw an article about this book (which is a free download) earlier this summer, and downloaded it because I had read another "hollywood nanny" book a few months back that I actually really enjoyed. I was expecting some scandalous stories about the Kardashian kids, but was surprised that it was a rather sweet and innocent story about the nanny's experiences with the family. Nothing really surprising or scandalous. But it was refreshing that she didn't bash them, which everyone seems to do. I've ...more
Cindy McMenamin
May 27, 2014 Cindy McMenamin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thoughtful

Not a huge fan of the Kardashians but I thought the story was well written. Pam portrayed her story as honestly as she could without being mean spirited or negative. You can see she had a love for the families.
Helen
Jun 13, 2014 Helen rated it really liked it
A surprisingly good read. It is not a Kardashian bashing book as I expected it to be! It was more of a recount of Pam's own life!!!
Jane Johnson
Apr 11, 2013 Jane Johnson rated it really liked it
I bought this book because I had read the sneak peak that came out last summer. This book contains a lot of new material, and shares Pam's journey before and after Hollywood. It was actually very good. I enjoyed hearing about Pam's life after she left the Jenners and Kardashians. She has been through some tough things - her father dying, infertility, and then single motherhood. It was also nice that the book was so positive. I'm tired of all of the negativity surrounding the Kardashians and Jenn ...more
Julia
Mar 09, 2014 Julia rated it did not like it
I'm sorry mom.
Sari
Aug 24, 2013 Sari rated it liked it
Malibu Nanny is the memoir of the Jenner/Kardashian's careless, train wreck of a nanny. I read this book hoping for some gossipy details of young Kardashian life. The book seemed to be more about the mundane life of the nanny riding on the coat tails of Kardashian fame. (Seriously, she found out about the show when she saw a commercial.) She spices up the book with tales of dates with Sylvester Stallone and many failed marriages. Not what I expected from this book.
Monica
Apr 17, 2013 Monica rated it it was amazing
This book is a really fun read! I liked hearing stories about the family and, even more, about a Malibu nanny in the first place. Having some nanny experience of my own, it's fun to read about a nanny to a very wealthy family (at the time) connect to fame and glamour, but still share similar experiences to my nannying to a normal family. It's very easy to connect with Pam and enjoyable going through her experience with the Kardashians.
Crystal
Apr 09, 2013 Crystal rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed hearing the stories from this "Kardashian Nanny". It is so refreshing to read a story about a famous family that is honest without spilling all the juicy details. But what I really liked was learning Pam's story. She is so much more than just the "Malibu Nanny". I definitely would recommend this as a great summer read. Looking forward to the author's future books!

Yuska Vonita
I've never wanted to read any books about or by the Kardashiansm but I was inyrigued to read this one because currently i'm reading a book about hollywood nanny.

It's a tell-all but not entirely tell-all book. Pam didn't tell about anything juicy about what happened in the household.

Books with a few conflicts are flat.

It's a fast reading & entertaining, though.
Amber
May 03, 2013 Amber rated it it was amazing
Malibu Nanny is a fun, sweet, and easy read! I respect Pam for keeping the book postivie and sharing her stories. I enjoyed reading about her experiences going from a small town girl to Hollywood...in the 80's! Fun to see pictures too!
Kristi Day
Mar 28, 2013 Kristi Day rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! I had seen the sneak peek version but this version has more details and gives the rest of the story! Such an easy and interesting read! This version has pictures too!!!!! A must download!
Lisa Benza
Nov 07, 2013 Lisa Benza rated it did not like it
Just....no. Serves me right for reading such a fluffy mess but I wanted to believe she was going to do something interesting with this book. Not the case.
Donna Eller
Mar 23, 2013 Donna Eller rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Was fun to read and had fun stories and life experiences.
Tina
Jun 06, 2013 Tina rated it really liked it
Shelves:
I really enjoyed this book. It's a light summer read. Once I started, I didn't want to stop. I didn't mind the religious portion as some mentioned in their review because this was a true experience and the religious portion was obviously a part of that. It was fun and light and thoughtfully written so as not to be an ugly, name smearing book. I appreciated that aspect. The authors didn't take the opportunity to slander anyone but simply wrote of Nanny Pam's experience. Well done.
Caitlin
Caitlin marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
Mary Bianca
Mary Bianca rated it it was amazing
Jun 19, 2016
Paige Williams
Paige Williams is currently reading it
Jun 08, 2016
Lexi
Lexi marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2016
Deanna
Deanna marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Purchase Links 21 58 Apr 02, 2013 08:01AM
Goodreads Librari...: Help with New Cover 3 24 Feb 22, 2013 11:57AM
  • Love Lies
  • Extra Confessions Of A Working Girl
  • The Bunny Years: The Surprising Inside Story of the Playboy Clubs: The Women Who Worked as Bunnies and Where They Are Now
  • How to Become Famous in Two Weeks or Less
  • The Princess Diaries Lessons Mini Guide
  • The Tale of Urso Brunov: Little Father of All Bears
  • Diary of a South Beach Party Girl
  • Crow Girl (Crow Girl, #1)
  • More Confessions of a Hollywood Starlet
  • American Monsters: A History of Monster Lore, Legends, and Sightings in America
  • Fashionistas (Interns, #1)
  • Marrying for Money
  • Scottish Girls About Town
  • Bird of Paradise
  • Encyclopedia of Urban Legends
  • Tomes of Terror: Haunted Bookstores and Libraries

“vacation, school starts again in September. I hate being late to my college classes, but I can’t help it, and it has become a daily occurrence. Whether it’s the dog needing to be let out and fed, Robert spilling breakfast on his shirt and having to change, the older girls having a fight, someone forgetting their homework, or bad traffic on the freeways — there is always something that seems to happen” 0 likes