Luathara (The Otherworld Trilogy #3)

Luathara (The Otherworld #3)

4.32 of 5 stars 4.32  ·  rating details  ·  491 ratings  ·  34 reviews
Suddenly, my pain and anger honed themselves into a sharp point, one aimed directly at the goddess's heart. She had been controlling Cade’s life, my life, for far too long. And then, in a powerful wave of realization strong enough to sweep the frantic tornado in my mind off course and force the air from my lungs, I understood what I needed to do . . .

Meghan Elam knows that...more
ebook
Published December 30th 2012 by Smashwords (first published December 20th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Luathara, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Luathara

Malinda
Jan 19, 2013 Malinda rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: teens, young adults, adults
I waited 4 months for the release of Luathara after reading Faelorehn and Dolmarehn at LEAST 5 times each (could be more, I think I lost track of how many times I actually read them both). When I got an email from the author letting her readers know that Luathara had FINALLY been released, as soon as I had enough in my account, I bought it... and I read it ... in 1 sitting. Now, as everyone knows, I don't do spoiler alerts, period. BUT, I do have to say that I am anxiously awaiting to see just w...more
Jacqueline Fisher
This is the final chapter of the trilogy and I think the best... where Meghan finally makes a stand for the man she loves and her family and finds the courage... What an awesome job on the entire trilogy series. I look forward to reading more... Thank you Jenna!
Rachel
Out of the trilogy this is the best book out of the three. There is more romance, magic and definitely more action. Like the second book it continues right where the last book left off. It expands even further into Celtic mythology. Introducing more Gods/Goddesses and even more new creatures. Which made my heart leap, introducing a few of my favorites not yet covered in the other two books. Meghan has made her decision to move to the Otherworld and finds herself in the middle of a war between th...more
Hilary
Susan
Amazing! I am so glad I didn't find this series until all 3 books were out because I couldn't stop once I started reading these books.

YA, fantasy, romance all rolled into one beautiful yet action packed story. This story transcends all ages and leaves your heart in your throat at many points.
Gail
Finally, Meghan tells her family who she is and she also tells her best friends. They all are pretty supportive of her and what she is. It is a sad parting, but she needs to live in Eile and leave all of them. She goes to Cade's castle and they are still forced to fight Morrigan and her creatures. Morrigan wants Meghan's power. The Celtic Gods join together to make a plan to fight the Morrigan and Meghan practices her powers in order to defend her loved ones. I enjoyed the creativeness of the cr...more
Rachel
Wow, this was probably the best one in the series,
I enjoyed them all but it was nice to finally find out what happened, It would be great if there was another one after it :-)
Would definitely recommend and rate this 5/5
Amanda
This one had kinda of a rough start the time frames threw me off for a minute and then it just took right off like the other two . This book had much more romance, drama and action . I loved all the characters in these books even the animals, each one described very well all with their own interesting personalities making you wish you could meet them all, well most of them anyways . The trilogy ended well and a part of me wishes there could be just one more in this series so I could see if there...more
Veray Carter
Wow!!! The third book in this series and the last is the best of all. I always love it when good overcomes the bad, but I also love to see how the characters grow and become better have fought the good fight and overcome the terrible obstacles that have been put in their way. I also love it when someone is willing to give their all to save everyone they love and in the end that is what it takes. It was interesting to learn about he Celtic gods and myths in the series. It isn't something I have r...more
Ashley Stoyanoff
Action, romance, magic; this segment of the Otherworld Trilogy had it all.

It’s time for the final battle between Meghan and the Morrigan. When Cade recovers from the last time they met up with the Morrigan, he shows up on Meghan’s doorstep ready to bring her back to Eile. Of course, she willing follows the hottie, Cade, and so, the battle begins. Will Meghan be able to defeat the revenge driven goddess? Check out The Otherworld Trilogy to find out.

This book flowed nicely from the last, picking...more
Emily
I really liked this series, even though I was not expecting to. The only thing that I did not like was the lack of depth for some of the characters. I wish that the supporting characters were developed more. For instance, despite Tully being called Meghan's best friend, we don't actually see much of a relationship. Other than that, I think that the author did a good job of concluding the series.
Sarah Hobart
I absolutely LOVED this series! However, I have to admit that I was a little disappointed in the ending of the series (in a good way, as in wanting to read more about these characters). I would love to read more about Megan and Cade and the rest of the characters and how things go for them. Thank you Jenna Elizabeth Johnson for creating such a wonderful series that made me feel like I was there with the characters through everything they went through!
Ayanami Faerudo
The final battle....that was it? Man, I was expecting something bigger and more battle-y not like the main character just powered up and poof! it's finished. What was all the waiting for if she could have done it like *snap*? Not the right time? *snorts*

Still, Luathara had its merits even though it's really weak.
S
This turned out to be a good trilogy. The characters stayed true to themselves, and the book had some unique twists and turns throughout the plot. My first read of Ms. Johnson, but I will try reading other books written by her in the future.
I'm typically interested in more adult novels but I'd already read the first two books in the series and wanted to finish reading the trilogy. I really liked this last book and am glad I finally picked it up. Megan finally grows up a bit in this book. There's definite romance without being overt or taking away from the story and there's violence and battles without being too graphic. I love the world that's created in the book and couldn't get enough of the detailed descriptions of the people an...more
Heather Thomason
I fell in love with this series! I have cried several times while reading these books. Jenna Elizabeth Johnson is a rare talent. I will be so sad when I have finished the last book.
Brenda Burchell Wise
I can't express how much I fell in love with the characters...Meghan & Cade, and was just totally consumed by the story. An awesome romantic fantasy that was gripping, gory & totally kicked arse!
Angela Bain
the whole series was good. wish there were more of them
Coy
Loved it, couldn't have had a better ending
Jeanette Thomas
Very good I loved this series
Angi
2/2014- Good ending, nice way to bring everything together in the end. It was a bit rambly and over descriptive with a bit too much time spent on Meghan's inner turmoil. But this story had some nice details and adventures in different places within Eile, which added to the overall trilogy. It was good.

8/2014- still a good read. I enjoyed it just as much the second time around. I still skipped over the super long over descriptive stuff when it got to the action scenes..
Meghan
I would have given this 4 stars, but there were some agonizingly long stretches of "deep thoughts" that bugged me as she repeated the same phrases a couple times over towards the end. But otherwise it was pretty decent- I thought the bad guy said there was 3 peeps I. The cell- but then there were only the 2. So I was a little confused there. Maybe I just didn't read close enough? Whatevs. It was a nice conclusion to the series.
Jenny
AWWWEEE!!! Such an awesome series. I read all three books in 3 days. So many things were thrown into this story, but it all fell into place and worked out. The only thing that I would have liked to see was a little more of a physical description of the characters. I like to build the story line in my head....like my own little movie. I absolutely loved the very ending of the book, it left me once again wanting more.
Naomi Scott
This was a good ending to the series. I enjoyed reading about these characters, although I'm little bummed that I didn't get to learn about Cade. still a really good book, enough adventure and action to keep the story moving quick, with some funny parts mixed in too.
Nancy
I'm absolutely thrilled with this series, but I agree with my fellow reviewer--I would have liked to know more about Cade. Overall, still amazed by the story, the characters and the world created by this author.
Lisa
This was a great story. I fell in love with it and felt weird after finishing it, like all great things. I'm sad the story is over, but I look forward to upcoming books from this Author. Loved it Jenna!
Joy
Wow, what a great series. Book 3 was amazing and I loved the story and the fight scene at the end.
I loved Cade. I liked watching Meghan learn about her magic and watching grow stronger.
Pamela
Sad to see this series end. The last book was the best. The ending couldn't have been any better. It had some unexpected twists and turns but Meghan and Cade held strong.
Shirley
This was a great series!! I'm going to miss Meg and Cade and little Aiden!! I wish there was a New Adult series about Meg and Cade after they get married!!
Whitney Elizabeth
I felt like the book was rushed at the end and am hopping maybe for another one but I don't see that happening
  • The Secret Trinity: Reign (Fae-Witch, #3)
  • Viper's Creed (The Cat's Eye Chronicles, #2)
  • Wings of Tavea (Solus, #2)
  • Between the Realms (Clash of the Otherworlds, #2)
  • The Unicorn Girl
  • The Binding (The Velesi Trilogy, #1)
  • Summer of Frost (Forever Fae, #3)
  • Blood Prophecy: Kallen's Tale  (Witch Fairy, #2.5)
  • Riven (Illumine, #3)
  • Fallen Legion (Timeless, #4)
  • Crais (Walker Saga, #3)
Jenna Elizabeth Johnson has cherished her imagination since the day she discovered it (probably around the age of two) and has enjoyed the many adventures and retreats it has offered her since. Miss Johnson grew up and still resides on the Central Coast of California, the very place where the Legend of Oescienne began to blossom into the epic it has become. "The province of Oescienne is based prim...more
More about Jenna Elizabeth Johnson...
Faelorehn (The Otherworld Trilogy, #1) Dolmarehn (The Otherworld Trilogy, #2) Ehriad: A Novella of the Otherworld (The Otherworld Trilogy #1.5) The Otherworld Trilogy: Faelorehn / Dolmarehn / Luathara (The Otherworld Trilogy #1-3) The Finding (The Legend of Oescienne, #1)

“Ah, but what is a sacrifice worth if it is not given from our hearts?  It is worth nothing, Meghan, if there is nothing to lose.  That is what makes it a sacrifice; that is what allows it to hold its own power.” 0 likes