Dolmarehn (The Otherworld Trilogy, #2)

Dolmarehn (The Otherworld #2)

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  622 ratings  ·  57 reviews
“Do you trust me Meghan?”

His voice was soft, almost pleading. I swallowed and tried hard to discern his expression in the dark. The paltry amount of light reaching this far into the small cavern glinted off his eyes, giving him the appearance of a demon trying to tempt me into doing something evil.

“Yes,” I answered, my own voice a mere whisper, “I trust you.”

“Good.”

He gave...more
ebook
Published July 31st 2012 by Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about Dolmarehn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dolmarehn

Amanda
This second book pulled at the heartstrings a lot. I read it in a single day. Literally could not put it down (and admittedly the only reason I put the first one down at all was because my kindle died). It had the same great pacing, but with a little extra danger added in. I liked being able to get to know Cade's character a little more. I find first person very immersing, but also limiting because you only truly know that one person. Like most men, he doesn't open up too much. I'm hoping he wil...more
May
This book is way better than the first one. The pace of it is much faster, once you pass the few first chapters, and I think it can stand alone cause the author gives a good background about the previous book.

The plot is very engaging and there are a bunch of interesting characters introduced. Finally, we are introduced to the otherworld and Cade's life and funny side, which is AMAZING, and most of the mystery revealed. Also, there are a lot of good scenes, my Favorite is the disappearing one;)...more
Katrina
With the help of one absurdly handsome, faelah bounty hunter, Cade Mcroich, Meghan reluctantly embraces her heritage as a Faelorehn, an immortal, of the grievous Otherworld. As she travels by the Dolmarehn near her earthly home, Meghan faces horror and wonder in the somewhat familiar and magical realm.
To the Morrigan, goddess of war and strife, Meghan is enemy number one. She has many reasons for wanting Meghan destroyed; the most prominent is the desire to harness the vast, untapped power of...more
Amanda
This is the second installment in the Otherworld series by Jenna Elizabeth Johnson. I had forgotten how much I get caught up in this series! I just love these characters! When I sat down with this book.....IT ALL CAME BACK TO ME. I was hooked once again and was regretful every time I had to put this book down.

This book picks up where we left Meghan after Faelorehn. She has been healing and recouping over the summer after her run in with the Morrigan. While Meghan has been healing she has been a...more
Antoinette
Meghan has broken her geis, now she is unprotected. She broke it when she went to Elie because she wanted to save Cade, in the end he was the one who saved her. It has been months since she seen Cade. She has fully recovered from her injuries but not the emotionally scars. She is scared to go out in fear of the creatures that loomed in the dark.

Ms. Johnson has done it again, writing an amazing sequel in The Otherworld Trilogy. I could not put this one down. I had to continue to the end, and I wa...more
Ashley Stoyanoff
I’ve been sitting here starting at the computer screen for the last 30 minutes trying to figure out how to review this book. I loved it; I like it, and in parts, it drove me absolutely crazy. I’m just so torn.

What I loved: Cade! *Sigh* He is sweet, mysterious and has an edge of danger. Oh, and I can’t forget to mention that he is a complete hottie. Add in some magic and you’ve got yourself the perfect love interest for the lead, Meghan. His character really grew from the first book, and I cannot...more
diana (chaotic reader)
Alas! I’ve waited long enough to read Dolmarehn and lemme tell ya, it did not disappoint!

First and foremost, I absolutely love Dolmarehn better than I did Faelorehn. As compared to the first book, Dolmarehn has so much more packed for us readers. There are a lot of new characters introduced and we would finally visit and see Eile like never before. Miss Johnson created a very vivid magical world you’d wish you’ve been to (yep, even with all the vile creatures roaming around, ready to eat-slash-k...more
Wanderlust
Aug 02, 2012 Wanderlust rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: YA PR, PR, Fae Fans, Fairy fanatics
Cover - 3.5/5
Favorite Line - "Your power is a living thing, just like you and all the parts that make you Faelorehn. Your lungs need oxygen, your stomach craves food. Your heart desires love."
Favorite Character - Cade

This book carried on 5 months after the last ended. It follow's Meghan through struggles with her feeling for Cade & trying to find her powers. You find out about Meghan parentage & more about the otherworld where she is from. You also discover huge secrets about Cade.
The...more
Jacqueline Fisher
I really started to fall MORE in love with this trilogy, as Megan's relationship grew with Cade... it was like a Celtic fae, suspense, action packed with a bit of romance thrown in for good measure..MORE on to book 3!!
Missi Reichert
This is the second time I couldn't wait to read a book, and couldn't put the book down, but then I get upset that it's over, and now I know I will have to wait again until I can catch up with Meghan and Cade.

I read a lot of the YA books because my students read them, and I like to have some idea of the stories that are catching their interests. This is a series that I will mention to the students. The Celtic lore, and the fantasy aspects of the story make the books enjoyable and intriguing.

Ms. J...more
Jennifer Williams
I liked this book much more than I liked the first one in the trilogy. The characters matured and I felt like the story line wasn't as sluggish. That being said, had I not read the first book I don't know that I would have enjoyed this book as much. I really liked that the Otherworld was better explained in detail so you could get a better picture of it. I'm interested in seeing how the main character's relationships develop and look forward to the next book in the trilogy.

On a side note....I a...more
Rachel
I really enjoyed Dolmarehn it was definitely better the the first in the series.

It keeps you on the edge of ur seat and there is always something exciting just waiting to happen.

I loved it when cade thought he was going to die and admitted he loves Meghan, took him long enough to admit how he feels for her.
I’m looking forward to finding out what happens when cade recovers and what happens between them both.

I liked it how the dagda really likes Meghan and reckon they will get on really well.

Im gi...more
Michelle Mcroberts
I really enjoyed this second installment of the Otherworld Trilogy. It took me a chapter or two to remember how the first one ended, but the story was great to ease back into. It is a quick smooth read.

This one gets a bit more into Meghan's mind and Cade's past. The reader finally gets to see more of the Otherworld. The descriptions are wonderful and the imagery allowed me to truly envision Cade's home world. The characters and action in this story definitely drew me in, and I couldn't put the b...more
Meghan
Much better than the first one. Way more action. I kind of like that a really long expanse of time has taken place- 2years from beginning of book 1 through the 2nd book- that is different from most of the series I've read. This novel just felt like the author had Come into her own more. And no melodrama filled high school dance scene. Yay! And still totally innocent and sweet. Completely tween friendly.
Yvette Karns
Nov 14, 2012 Yvette Karns rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who likes to read books about magic
Recommended to Yvette by: just found while browsing books
Shelves: read-2012
Ok, this book definitely got better. I am glad Meghan saved Cade, glad her powers blossomed, gladd she beat the morrigan and I am glad she told her parents who she and what she really was. Cannot wait for the final book to come out. Does anyone have a clue?

I found this series by chance and glad I read. Been a while since I red a book in 3 days.
Meshanna
The second book was almost better then the first. Very well written with great detail to the characters as well as their environment. Jenna gave us just enough answers to get our fix but not enough to completely satisfy our curiosity. I look forward to reading the third book in the series. Thank you, Jenna, for another phenomenal story!!!
Rachel
Immediately after reading the first book I had to buy the second book and find out what was next in store for Meghan and Cade. This book is so much better than the first, it isn't slow at all it just dives in and continues the previous story. I couldn't stop reading it till I was done with the book. This book expands on the use of Celtic mythology and introduces you to a few new people. Mainly Meghan will learn who her parents are, why they abandoned her and how much danger she really is in.

The...more
Christine
The first book, Faelorhn, set this book up perfectly. Meghan and Cade step up their relationship, with all the romance and heartache expected from star crossed lovers. The adventure gets more intense, with several trips into Eile, the awakening of Meghan's power, and a heart wrenching climax. I can't wait for the third book!
This book was much better than the first. It had a lot more action and a much faster pace. I find myself finally being pulled into the story and getting invested in what happens to the characters. I'm excited to pick up the third book in the series (actually I think it's a trilogy).
Jen
The second book in the Otherwold Trilogy, I felt, was better than the first. Meghan is more likeable and you see more of Cade. This book is entertaining and a very quick read. I'm looking forward to the final book in the trilogy!
Sharen
Enjoy the second book much more than the first . More adventure and details . I wish Meghan would use her brain as the story about Cade was quite obvious to me. Loved the interaction between these two And can't wait for the third book.
Sophie Davis
Great follow up to the first book!!! A lot more action, a lot of revelations, and more romance :-) Loved the scenes in the Otherworld and loved finding out about Cade and Megan's origins. Only complaint . . . not as much Robyn!!
Desiree Hames
I thought this was a fun and entertaining read, as I love anything involving Celtic mythology. It was well written and I look forward to the next installment.
Stacey
Love this Series!!!!! Can not wait for the next book!!! It comes out tomm, right lol :-)
Carlee
I'm glad that Cade & Meg became closer in this one, can't wait for the next one!!
Denise
Amanda
Great, great book ! It may not have all the action and drama of other books but it was still very, very good. Just could not put this one down , the sweet romantic Cade always a gentleman and just like typical men confusing. The things that man would do for the girl he loves. I am gonna start the third book in the trilogy just as soon as I finish writing this I cannot wait to see how it all ends. Keep up the great work Jenna!
Nila
The second book in the OtherWorld trilogy, much faster paced the the first book, a lot more action also! Meghan learned she was immortal and not of this realm in the 1st book, in this one she must find out more about herself and her family with Cade MacRoich by her side. More powerful then even her or Cade know. They fight inside the other realm without letting everyone know in this realm.
More of their personal relationship is revealed in this book. Kept my attention throughout but look forward...more
Hannah (The Curiouser & Curiouser)
I won this book through Goodreads First Reads giveaway. In no way has this influenced my rating or opinion of this book.
I really enjoyed this novel. There were parts in the middle that had me a little board, but most of it I couldn't put down. It reminded me of The Iron Fey series in some ways - which I really loved - but the whole Celtic thing was really interesting and unique.
Meghan is one of those characters that I think a lot of teenage girls can relate to, and I love the fact that she's n...more
  • The Secret Trinity: Reign (Fae-Witch, #3)
  • Ever Fire (A Dark Faerie Tale, #2)
  • Between the Realms (Clash of the Otherworlds, #2)
  • Viper's Creed (The Cat's Eye Chronicles, #2)
  • Wings of Tavea (Solus, #2)
  • Summer of Frost (Forever Fae, #3)
  • I am Midnight: Warriors of Ankh Omnibus Edition (Warriors of Ankh, #1-3)
  • The Binding (The Velesi Trilogy, #1)
  • Blood Prophecy: Kallen's Tale  (Witch Fairy, #2.5)
  • Crais (Walker Saga, #3)
  • The Unicorn Girl
Jenna Elizabeth Johnson has cherished her imagination since the day she discovered it (probably around the age of two) and has enjoyed the many adventures and retreats it has offered her since. Miss Johnson grew up and still resides on the Central Coast of California, the very place where the Legend of Oescienne began to blossom into the epic it has become. "The province of Oescienne is based prim...more
More about Jenna Elizabeth Johnson...
Faelorehn (The Otherworld Trilogy, #1) Luathara (The Otherworld Trilogy #3) Ehriad: A Novella of the Otherworld (The Otherworld Trilogy #1.5) The Otherworld Trilogy: Faelorehn / Dolmarehn / Luathara (The Otherworld Trilogy #1-3) The Finding (The Legend of Oescienne, #1)

“And no, I’ve not been obsessive enough to keep track of the hours and minutes, or even the seconds, but I’ve noticed every single one of them. ” 1 likes