Start by marking “Night of the Werecat (Ghosts of Fear Street, #12)” as Want to Read:
Night of the Werecat (Ghosts of Fear Street, #12)

Night of the Werecat (Ghosts of Fear Street #12)

3.91  ·  Rating Details  ·  258 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
She was warned... Wendy is excited when she spots the cat charm in Mrs. Bast's booth. It will be the perfect addition to her cat collection.

But Mrs. Bast refuses to sell it to her. She warns Wendy that it isn't a cat charm-- it is a werecat charm. And it is dangerous.

Wendy doesn't care. She has to have it. She grabs the charm, throws down some money, and runs.

And that nigh
Published September 1st 1996 by Aladdin Paperbacks (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Night of the Werecat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Night of the Werecat

Don't Go To Sleep! by R.L. StineMoonlight Secrets by R.L. StineHow I Learned To Fly by R.L. StineMidnight Games by R.L. StineBeach House by R.L. Stine
Best of R.L. Stine
28th out of 117 books — 47 voters
Truth or Dare by P.J. NightIt by Stephen KingSummer of Night by Dan SimmonsYou Can't Come in Here! by P.J. NightStinger by Robert McCammon
Most scary books
19th out of 34 books — 16 voters

More lists with this book...

Nicole
Jul 08, 2012 Nicole rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Children all across the globe!
This was my all time favorite book as a child. The entrancing idea of changing into a cat at night sparked my imagination. I love this book so much! I know it's not a classic but to me it's perfect.
Luce
Apr 28, 2016 Luce rated it it was amazing
Shelves: physical-books, 2016
NO ESPERABA ESE FINAL!
Sin duda R. L. Stine sabe de plot twits, a pesar de que sus libros son para niños siempre me gustan y me sorprenden.
Dhfan4life
Oct 24, 2012 Dhfan4life rated it really liked it
Even though I'm not a big cat fan. This was totally one of my favorite reads when I was younger. I think this was actually one of the very first R.L. Stine books that I ever read as a child. As I figured it was the least scary of his collection. And do to the fact that I have always had an affinity for the dual nature of were animals. And the characters that turn into them. So to say the least. This was by far a truly good read for me where Stine was concerned. I'm still leery of his other works ...more
Stephanie Tuell
Oct 28, 2015 Stephanie Tuell rated it really liked it
i love all of r.l. stine's book, and this is no exception. wendy takes a charm, against the wishes of the seller. what the seller warns her about is coming true! she tries to take the charm off, but can't. at the last moment, she finds the seller and she removes it. but it's too late for wendy, the transformation is complete.
Aurora Dimitre
Jan 31, 2016 Aurora Dimitre rated it really liked it
When I was a kid, I really liked cats.

I still really like cats. Cats are still my favorite, and it's great when I can come home from college and just hang out with a bunch of cats. But I really liked cats when I was little, and I'm pretty sure that's why this was one of my absolute favorite Ghosts of Fear Street book. It never overtook my love for Goosebumps, but it's definitely my favorite of this series.

One thing that I want to mention, now that I'm older and have vague memories of this boo
Samantha
Apr 03, 2009 Samantha rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kid-read, fantasy, series
"The Ghosts of Fear Street" was my favorite series when I was younger. They were really all great books, but I read them a long long time ago, so I don't remember much about them.
Linda
Aug 20, 2011 Linda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this story. I really loved the characters, plot and how there was a cat lover! :) also, great ending!!!!!!!!
Ash
May 24, 2013 Ash rated it it was amazing
I drew cats with stars on their foreheads for quite a while after reading this. I really loved the story.
Arthur
Aug 16, 2009 Arthur rated it it was amazing
There’s a good deal in charm and curiosity in cats.
Maria Sp
Jan 11, 2015 Maria Sp rated it really liked it
3 1/2
Tara Calaby
Night of the Werecat is a quick, easy read that conforms perfectly to the chapter story rule of having a cliffhanger at the end of every chapter. It's amazing that Wendy, its protagonist, survived so many shocks to the system!

The writing here is of an appropriate level for the age group most likely to read the series and young cat lovers in particular will love the premise. Wendy is a little over the top when it comes to her cat obsession, but no more so than many primary school-aged children ar
JasonChan
This book is about Wendy going to a cat store and got a charm. She got it from the cat shop owner as a gift. Wendy got the necklace and one night at full moon she transformed. She became a werecat. She believed it was the necklace's curse and she threw it away. She didn't want to change into a cat again. One night it was full moon again and she transformed into a werecat again. She thought it was weird, but that night she met 3 other big werecats. Those 3 scared and finally she found out it was ...more
Tyler Holman
Aug 14, 2014 Tyler Holman rated it it was amazing
I loved it because I really like creepy stories. I liked the surprise at the end. I did expect her to have been a werecat all along.
Jessica Day
May 15, 2016 Jessica Day rated it really liked it
This was my favorite Fear Street book when I was a kid. When I came across it at a used-book sale I knew I had to pick it up and reminisce.
Samantha Osborne
really very interesting a very good book one of my fav r.l. stine books
Jenni
Jun 29, 2015 Jenni rated it it was amazing
It's a very good book!!
Gina
Jan 24, 2014 Gina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book when I was in 5th grade and I loved it, that's why I gave it 5 stars. But now at 21, I'd probably give it 2 stars. It's not meant for me, but I still enjoy it because it was part of my childhood.
Madison
Mar 22, 2011 Madison rated it liked it
it was fine.
Cooper
Cooper marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2016
Marsha Davidson
Marsha Davidson rated it really liked it
Jun 24, 2016
Kimberlie
Kimberlie marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2016
Jf
Jf marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
Marina
Marina marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2016
Ana Bertak-Horvat
Ana Bertak-Horvat marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2016
Iilayda552
Iilayda552 marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2016
Nickole Scribner
Nickole Scribner marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2016
Laticia Henly
Laticia Henly marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2016
Allison
Allison marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2016
Corey
Corey marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2016
  • Invasion of the Appleheads (Deadtime Stories, #2)
  • The Beast Must Die (Sweet Valley Twins, #99)
  • Creature in the Teacher (Spooksville, #13)
  • Belling The Tiger
  • The Ghost of Cutler Creek
  • I Left My Sneakers in Dimension X (Alien Adventures, #2)
  • Our Secret Love (Love Stories For Young Adults, #26)
  • The Magic School Bus Gets Cold Feet: A Book About Hot- and Cold-Blooded Animals
  • Summer Love (Silver Beach, #1)
  • Grave Secrets (Deadtime Stories, #8)

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...

Ghosts of Fear Street (1 - 10 of 36 books)
  • Hide and Shriek (Ghosts of Fear Street, #1)
  • Who's Been Sleeping in My Grave? (Ghosts of Fear Street, #2)
  • The Attack of the Aqua Apes (Ghosts of Fear Street, #3)
  • Nightmare in 3-D (Ghosts of Fear Street, #4)
  • Stay Away From the Treehouse (Ghosts of Fear Street, #5)
  • Eye of the Fortuneteller (Ghosts of Fear Street, #6)
  • Fright Knight (Ghosts of Fear Street, #7)
  • The Ooze (Ghosts of Fear Street, #8)
  • Revenge of the Shadow People (Ghosts of Fear Street, #9)
  • The Bugman Lives (Ghosts of Fear Street, #10)