Start by marking “Night of the Werecat (Ghosts of Fear Street, #12)” as Want to Read:
Night of the Werecat (Ghosts of Fear Street, #12)

Night of the Werecat (Ghosts of Fear Street #12)

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  195 ratings  ·  12 reviews
She was warned... Wendy is excited when she spots the cat charm in Mrs. Bast's booth. It will be the perfect addition to her cat collection.

But Mrs. Bast refuses to sell it to her. She warns Wendy that it isn't a cat charm-- it is a werecat charm. And it is dangerous.

Wendy doesn't care. She has to have it. She grabs the charm, throws down some money, and runs.

And that nigh...more
Published September 1st 1996 by Aladdin Paperbacks (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Night of the Werecat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Night of the Werecat

Don't Go To Sleep! by R.L. StineMoonlight Secrets by R.L. StineHow I Learned To Fly by R.L. StineMidnight Games by R.L. StineThe Confession by R.L. Stine
R.L. Stine
31st out of 114 books — 39 voters

More lists with this book...

Kasandra
Jul 08, 2012 Kasandra rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Children all across the globe!
This was my all time favorite book as a child. The entrancing idea of changing into a cat at night sparked my imagination. I love this book so much! I know it's not a classic but to me it's perfect.
Tara Calaby
Night of the Werecat is a quick, easy read that conforms perfectly to the chapter story rule of having a cliffhanger at the end of every chapter. It's amazing that Wendy, its protagonist, survived so many shocks to the system!

The writing here is of an appropriate level for the age group most likely to read the series and young cat lovers in particular will love the premise. Wendy is a little over the top when it comes to her cat obsession, but no more so than many primary school-aged children ar...more
JasonChan
This book is about Wendy going to a cat store and got a charm. She got it from the cat shop owner as a gift. Wendy got the necklace and one night at full moon she transformed. She became a werecat. She believed it was the necklace's curse and she threw it away. She didn't want to change into a cat again. One night it was full moon again and she transformed into a werecat again. She thought it was weird, but that night she met 3 other big werecats. Those 3 scared and finally she found out it was...more
Tyler Holman
I loved it because I really like creepy stories. I liked the surprise at the end. I did expect her to have been a werecat all along.
Dhfan4life
Even though I'm not a big cat fan. This was totally one of my favorite reads when I was younger. I think this was actually one of the very first R.L. Stine books that I ever read as a child. As I figured it was the least scary of his collection. And do to the fact that I have always had an affinity for the dual nature of were animals. And the characters that turn into them. So to say the least. This was by far a truly good read for me where Stine was concerned. I'm still leery of his other works...more
Stephanie Tuell
i love all of r.l. stine's book, and this is no exception. wendy takes a charm, against the wishes of the seller. what the seller warns her about is coming true! she tries to take the charm off, but can't. at the last moment, she finds the seller and she removes it. but it's too late for wendy, the transformation is complete.
Gina
I read this book when I was in 5th grade and I loved it, that's why I gave it 5 stars. But now at 21, I'd probably give it 2 stars. It's not meant for me, but I still enjoy it because it was part of my childhood.
Samantha
"The Ghosts of Fear Street" was my favorite series when I was younger. They were really all great books, but I read them a long long time ago, so I don't remember much about them.
Linda
I really enjoyed this story. I really loved the characters, plot and how there was a cat lover! :) also, great ending!!!!!!!!
Ash
I drew cats with stars on their foreheads for quite a while after reading this. I really loved the story.
Arthur
There’s a good deal in charm and curiosity in cats.
Madison
it was fine.
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Fox
Fox added it
Oct 13, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2014
Archy
Archy added it
Oct 09, 2014
Chrissy
Chrissy marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
Thewalkinglexicon
Thewalkinglexicon marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Barbara Signorelli
Barbara Signorelli marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Chris
Chris added it
Sep 02, 2014
Bogatkopgmail.com
Bogatkopgmail.com marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
  • The Search for Snout (Alien Adventures, #3)
  • If I Die Before I Wake (Sweet Valley Twins, #100)
  • Knights Don't Teach Piano (Adventures Of The Bailey School Kids, #29)
  • The Witch's Revenge (Spooksville, #6)
  • Grave Secrets (Deadtime Stories , #8)
  • The 18th Emergency
  • Felicity Learns a Lesson: A School Story (American Girls: Felicity, #2)
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #1)

R. L. Stine b...more
More about R.L. Stine...
Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1) Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7) Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4) The Haunted Mask (Goosebumps, #11) One Day at Horrorland (Goosebumps, #16)