Start by marking “Into the Dark (Fear Street, #49)” as Want to Read:
Into the Dark (Fear Street, #49)

Into the Dark (Fear Street #49)

Paulette Fox refuses to let her blindness stop her from living a full life. But one thing she's never done is fall in love - until now. Paulette knows Brad Jones is the only guy for her.
Published October 1st 1997 by Simon Pulse (first published January 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Into the Dark, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Into the Dark

The Betrayal by R.L. StineHalloween Party by R.L. StineThe First Evil by R.L. StineThe Wrong Number by R.L. StineThe Second Evil by R.L. Stine
Best Fear Street Book
37th out of 62 books — 98 voters
The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie by Jennifer AshleyYours Until Dawn by Teresa MedeirosWhen Beauty Tamed the Beast by Eloisa JamesRunning Scarred by Jackie WilliamsTo Beguile a Beast by Elizabeth Hoyt
Books with Disabled Heros
133rd out of 423 books — 454 voters

More lists with this book...

Ivy
Aug 11, 2015 Ivy rated it it was amazing
Interesting book. Wonder what will happen now. I wonder if Brad was Ed and Ed was Brad. Who knows.

Can't wait to read more Fear Street novels.
kylajaclyn
Jul 15, 2016 kylajaclyn rated it liked it
Moral of the Story: If your sweet and caring boyfriend starts acting really weird and robbing places, it's probably just his evil twin.

Body Count: 1

The Usual Suspect(s): Brad Jones

Tagline: See no evil...

Plot: This book involves a "very special" character. Paulette Fox is blind. It's one of those where the writer tries so hard to make the friends of the protagonist look politically correct that the actual protagonist (in this case, Paulette) ends up looking like he/she is uncomfortable in his/her
Donna
Jul 02, 2015 Donna rated it really liked it
It was a different and good breath of fresh air to see someone who wasn’t perfect as a protagonist in a Fear Street book. Because I don’t really have any experience with blind people I don’t know how accurate a representation Paulette was but I can say while reading her blindness posed a different perspective to the world in the book. While I was able to picture certain things because I know what they look like, when it came down to a character I was left with a blank slate. Paulette didn’t real ...more
Mia
Oct 24, 2013 Mia rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult, horror
Paulette is one of the better Fear Street characters I've met in my re-read of the series. Sure, she still spends a ridiculous amount of time making stupid decisions and then choosing the wrong things to panic about, but she's fairly capable, very strong willed and doesn't let her friends make her decisions for her. Plus, she's taking self defense so she can kick my butt.

As for the plot, I remember there being a twist to this one, but I couldn't remember what it was. I have to say, it doesn't s
Alex
Sep 07, 2015 Alex rated it it was ok
I thought I remembered this being a good book in the series, but reading it now made me realize how lame it was. The "twist" is pretty obvious, the ending is ridiculous, and the writing seemed worse than usual.

Also, Jonathan is beyond creepy. If I hadn't remembered the ending, I would have thought HE was behind the stalking, as he was clearly obsessed with Paulette.
Drucilla
Jan 09, 2012 Drucilla rated it it was ok
Shelves: fear-street
Honestly, I wavered between giving this book 1 or 2 stars. There are some interesting parts, but a lot of the novel contains stupid cliches. I won't go into all of them, but there were a few that really annoyed me. The main character, Paulette, is blind and hates the fact that people treat her like a little kid. I understand this, but there are moments in the book where she puts herself in danger because she doesn't want people fussing over her. (view spoiler) ...more
Martina Makek
Nov 10, 2015 Martina Makek rated it it was ok
Meh. Predictable.
Lisa
May 21, 2016 Lisa rated it liked it
Paulette Fox refuses to let her blindness stop her from living a full life. But one thing she's never done is fall in love—until now. Paulette knows Brad is the only guy for her.

Even when her friends see Brad commit a horrible crime, Paulette is sure that he’s innocent. Her friends tell her he’s out of control, that she will be his next victim. But Paulette is sure he would never hurt her.

Is Paulette right about Brad? Or has her love put her in terrible danger?
Kelvin Wong
Dec 25, 2013 Kelvin Wong rated it liked it
R.L. Stine never failed to surprise me with his suspense and plot twist. Although the book was interesting to read but, some parts were too cliché and I got bored reading them. Nevertheless, I was surprised when I found out the fact that actually, this book isn't about ghosts or spirits.

Paulette is one strong willed girl and I really hope Brad and Paulette would get together.
Josh Barnett
Nov 11, 2013 Josh Barnett rated it really liked it
This was a reread of Into The Dark. My first time through was when I was 13 or 14. I was terrified back then. I absolutely loved the writing and the terror. Now when I reread it nearly 10 years later, I disagree with my self. The writing isn't all that great because there is way too much dialog. It also wasn't all that terror filled. Over all, I still quite enjoyed the story. It was still fun to read. I recommend it to teens more than I would adults.
Amanda
Dec 15, 2013 Amanda rated it really liked it
This is every bit as juvenile as you'd expect it to be, but it's also a lot less obvious than many of Stine's other "plot twists." Definitely one of his more memorable books.
Cypress Ruby
Jul 26, 2016 Cypress Ruby rated it it was ok
Shelves: thriller
Read this at midnight. Like usual, Stine wrote very simple thrilling stories. No need to think hard to read this. But the girl of this story was quite annoying.
Brittany
Jul 25, 2011 Brittany rated it really liked it
I read this book while in middle school. I was a HUGE R.L. Stine fan and like most of his other books, I couldn't put it down.
Emily
May 14, 2011 Emily rated it really liked it
Shelves: fear-street
Another winner by R.L. Stine. I just love these books and will pass them onto my children!
Imey Juliant
Mar 07, 2008 Imey Juliant rated it liked it
Kisah seorang gadis buta yang terjebak dalam sebuah misteri.
Xion
Jul 27, 2011 Xion added it
it's form the point of view of a blind chick its awesome.
Indah Threez Lestari
464th - 2011

- beli obral dari ibu kost -
Jessie
Jan 10, 2016 Jessie rated it really liked it
A Fear Street book featuring a blind protagonist.
Rae
Nov 12, 2009 Rae rated it really liked it
d people in it has some issues !
Saher
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: finished
Awesome!
Trista
Trista marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2016
Johnna Whetstone
Johnna Whetstone marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2016
Dana
Dana marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2016
Brittney Groce
Brittney Groce marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2016
  • Twins
  • The Hollow Skull
  • Good Switch, Bad Switch (Sabrina the Teenage Witch, #3)
  • Scarabian Nights (Sabrina the Teenage Witch, #24)
  • The Fever
  • A Dog's Life (Sabrina the Teenage Witch, #9)
  • Haunts in the House (Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, #27)
  • The Yearbook
  • April Fools (Point Horror, #7)
  • Clueless (Clueless, #1)
  • The Hum Bug (Edgar Allan Poe Mystery, #2)
  • Eight Spells a Week (Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, #17)

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...

Fear Street (1 - 10 of 54 books)
  • The New Girl (Fear Street, #1)
  • The Surprise Party (Fear Street, #2)
  • The Overnight (Fear Street, #3)
  • Missing (Fear Street, #4)
  • The Wrong Number (Fear Street, #5)
  • The Sleepwalker (Fear Street, #6)
  • Haunted (Fear Street, #7)
  • Halloween Party (Fear Street, #8)
  • The Stepsister (Fear Street, #9)
  • Ski Weekend (Fear Street, #10)