Start by marking “Spark (Swipe, #4)” as Want to Read:
Spark (Swipe, #4)

Spark (Swipe #4)

In a future United States under the power of a charismatic leader, everyone gets the Mark at age thirteen. The Mark lets citizen shop, go to school, and even get medical care—but without it, you're on your own. Few refuse to get the Mark. Those who do . . . disappear.

Parents are looking for fiction that makes Christianity exciting for kids. This series is an alternative to
Published November 12th 2013 by Thomas Nelson (first published November 5th 2013)

Anomaly by Krista McGeeA Time to Die by Nadine BrandesCounted Worthy by Leah E. GoodLuminary by Krista McGeeA Time to Speak by Nadine Brandes
Christian Dystopia
15th out of 32 books — 58 voters
Redeeming Love by Francine RiversWaterfall by Lisa Tawn BergrenCascade by Lisa Tawn BergrenTorrent by Lisa Tawn BergrenThe Healer's Apprentice by Melanie Dickerson
Christian Fiction Books That Would Make Great Movies!!!
268th out of 1,127 books — 1,071 voters

More lists with this book...

Hannah
Jan 16, 2016 Hannah rated it liked it
Shelves: dystopian, christian, own
OH MY GOSH!!!! THIS SERIES IS SO AMAZING!!! I HOPE THAT THERE ARE MORE BOOKS TO COME, BECAUSE I NEED SOME ANSWERS!!!
Avery Joy
Sep 04, 2015 Avery Joy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: school-15-16
I was really sad when I saw this book had new characters. But Ali was an amazing character! I loved this book! I really want Evan Angler to hurry and write some books in this series!!! 5 stars!
J.C.
Nov 23, 2015 J.C. rated it it was amazing
Spark by Evan Angler

This was a phenomenal fourth addition to the amazing Swipe series and it definitely did not disappoint. The twists and turns I never saw coming and were done with the utmost care and great talent. Ali was such a fascinating character to read about, full of spunk and yet with still the sense of little girl innocence.

I loved this book so much. I especially liked the Lemony-Snicket style of writing, in which the author writes as if he is apart of the story and actually there. I
Emili
May 06, 2015 Emili rated it really liked it
Rivka Ray
This book might have worked if it was not part of a series.

This book is told mostly from a new character, Ali. She is from the Dark Lands. My sister tells me Logan comes back later in the story (I quit at about half way).

At times this book felt like a different world than the one we have come to know in the previous Swipe books. And mostly just hearing from Ali really hurt the story. If we had heard from other people it might have been okay. Maybe there would be more plot, or more reason for th
Rachel
Dec 13, 2013 Rachel rated it really liked it
Shelves: 11th-grade
Good, but not as good as the other three. Maybe I just missed the main characters from those.
Carol Brandon
Oct 01, 2015 Carol Brandon rated it it was amazing
I have mixed emotions …. The plot still pulled me in … What happened to Logan Langly once he was put into solitary and hooked up to a computer interface? The Dust – did the rebellion succeed? This book starts with the search for the Toter of Light – a girl who can use the ‘vestige computing’ left over from before the war – the smart devices (like our smartphones; vs a laptop). And it follows her growing awareness of her abilities and her struggle to be free of the Union. But it begins to get pre ...more
Riley
Feb 03, 2014 Riley rated it it was amazing
Caution: spoilers

This is the fourth book in the swipe series and it is really good. In this book is a story of a young girl in the future and she has a special talent. Technology from the preunity days (current day for us) will magically turn on when she most needs it in times of danger. She is enthralled but a little nervous about how this happens, until one day after escaping some dome agents she is found in a ditch by a nice man. She is taken to his house and given plenty of food and clean cl
Rachel
Jan 24, 2014 Rachel rated it really liked it
It's been nearly a week since I finished the book, so bear with me if this is a bit shorter than what you are accustomed to.
Spark is definitely a worthwhile read, especially for those who have read the rest of the Swipe series. For those who have not read the rest of the series, you could probably read Spark without having read the previous three books.
Spark was captivating with an intriguing premise to the story. Ali is a lovable character, especially how she speaks to herself.
My only co
Kathryn Svendsen
Spark is a unique dystopian action/thriller, loosely based on the book of Revelation from the Bible. The novel is not overtly religious and some may wonder whether it is a Christian novel or not as there is little talk about God in it and unless you are familiar with the end times story from the book of Revelation, you may not recognize the parallel.

Spark is the fourth book in a planned six book series. I would recommend starting at the beginning of the series in order to fully understand the t
Jenness Jordan
Jan 23, 2016 Jenness Jordan rated it really liked it
The beginning of this book was not catching my interest as the others did. I saw no connection between the new characters and the old. Yes, the Dark Land's were discussed in the previous boom, but I think it would have been more interesting if something happened to connect the last book and this one. I often thought about not finishing the book because the beginning was a bit boring, and it seemed as if that would be the way for much of the book. However, it started to pick up a bit, and I had d ...more
Joan
Jun 06, 2014 Joan rated it liked it
Shelves: dystopia
This is a dystopian series. I have only read Spark. Ali is a 9 year old girl who is part of a child begging group that is forced to beg and get a quota each week. Ali is usually short, but the our kids help her. When the house is raided, Ali escapes. She finds out that robots like her. She is captured and tortured, but escapes. She is found by Nick who is wealthy and offers her safely, but what are his motives? Ali is very special because she can control electricity and computers. This book seem ...more
Julie
Jan 01, 2014 Julie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
I received this novel from NetGalley.

This fourth installment of the "Swipe" series, takes a little longer to really bloom into the fantastic novel that it is, really taking off around the 90 page mark. And although that seems like a long time in a short novel, that back-story does become important later on, making it a deeper story in the end.

Again, Angler has created a fantastic novel, continuing on the fight of the Dust, even incorporating the original characters into Ali's world. The fact tha
Izel C
I honestly don't remember much about this book except that it was my favorite since I started the series. I'll re-read it soon, once I conquer my monstrous TBR.
Just let me tell you this: This series has a great plot, and it has tons of suspense..I'm only slightly frustrated because apparently the final book is being debated weather or not it should be published (!!) So, until that book comes out I suggest not reading this to avoid getting your heart broken and stepped on into a million little pi
Hannah Rodriguez
May 27, 2016 Hannah Rodriguez rated it it was ok
This book was a pretty large let down compared to the other three. This one followed a girl stuck inside the computer Ultranet with Logan. There was computer coding sprinkled throughout (which registered in my mind as math :P ) and I just missed the Dust and all the old characters. If Evan Angler comes out with another book for the series I will read it with hopes that it is better than this one.
Tahlia
Dec 21, 2015 Tahlia rated it really liked it
This series is entertaining but I wouldn't recommend for Christian kids because it would distort your view of everything and I could only say it is merely based on Biblical prophecy; much of the events are made up. the series also got more weird as it went on and now I still don't know what happens to the characters because there's no real conclusion so that was a bit disappointing.
Jane
Oct 26, 2015 Jane rated it liked it
Yes, I read all four in a couple of weeks. Young adult books, inspired, I'm sure, by the Hunger Games craze, these were entertaining, with an odd twist that I've never seen in any book before, where the characters in the later books talk about reading the first book of the series, Swipe.
Debbie
Jun 04, 2015 Debbie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
This book is different than the other 3, picking up new characters and going in a different direction. But the end ties them, and if there isn't a 5th book we will all be disappointed.
Becca
May 06, 2016 Becca rated it really liked it
Spark has by far been my favorite book in the Swipe series. Someone please tell me that this is not the last book in the series! It cannot end like this!
Rachel Copeland
Dec 09, 2015 Rachel Copeland rated it it was amazing
"There would be trials ahead and that was okay. Tribulation in store, and that was fine too. Because right now, in this moment, Ali was home. Against all odds. Filled with hope, once again."

Marklessgirl
Mar 12, 2014 Marklessgirl rated it it was amazing
it rocked
Heidi
Nov 10, 2013 Heidi rated it it was amazing
AAAAHHH! This book is crazy!! I was totally surprised in the end. Evan Angler always finds a way to build layers and layers of secrets until you don't have any idea what will happen next, or who to trust. I love how all the stories are connected in the end! Now to wait for the next book...
Natalie
Feb 26, 2015 Natalie rated it it was amazing
Ok, there better be another one. This is a great series, and each book adds another layer of questions and ideas and it is just amazing. I love how Angler manages to tie the books themselves into the story. So cool!
Patrick Cox
Mar 25, 2015 Patrick Cox rated it it was amazing
I had a hard time getting through this fourth book in the series. We have a couple of new characters in the story line. Overall the book was awesome when it all finally came together in the end.
Lisa
Jan 22, 2014 Lisa rated it it was ok
I couldn't really stand this book it didn't have much to do with the rest of the series so I gave up reading it.
Tabatha
Nov 13, 2013 Tabatha rated it it was ok
I really liked the first few books in the series. I just couldn't get into this last novel.
Mark Rewey
Sep 08, 2014 Mark Rewey rated it it was amazing
Good book. I am going to have my friend read this series now
Aya Woods
Jan 08, 2015 Aya Woods rated it it was amazing
i love it so much! its even better than the 1st one!!!!! :D
Jun 05, 2016 Sarah rated it liked it
Shelves: book-s-i-own
Where's the 5th book?!
Josephine Conrad
Josephine Conrad rated it liked it
Sep 24, 2016
  • Truth Runner (Son of Angels, #4)
  • No Place Like Holmes (No Place Like Holmes, #1)
  • Lost and Found (Rock Harbor Search and Rescue #2)
  • Dreamtreaders (Dreamtreaders, #1)
  • A Hero's Throne (Ancient Earth Trilogy #2)
  • True Story (Diary of a Real Payne, #1)
  • Outcasts (Safe Lands, #2)
  • The Destiny of One (Destiny Trilogy, #1)
  • Season of Fire (The Remnants, #2)
  • Goddess Tithe (Tales of Goldstone Wood, #5.5)
  • Luminary (Anomaly #2)
  • Peril in the Palace (Imagination Station, #3)
  • The Shadow Lamp (Bright Empires, #4)
  • The Secret of Indigo Moon (The Dopple Ganger Chronicles, #2)
  • Charlie Bumpers vs. the Really Nice Gnome
  • Reapers (Reapers, #1)
5172018
Evan lives without the Mark, evading DOME and writing in the shadows of Beacon.

Swipe is his first book. But if anyone asks, you know nothing about it, and you didn't hear anything from him. Don't make eye contact if you see him. Don't call his name out loud. He's in enough trouble already.

And so are you , if you've read his book.
More about Evan Angler...

Swipe (4 books)