Start by marking “Spark (Swipe, #4)” as Want to Read:
Spark (Swipe, #4)

Spark (Swipe #4)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  181 ratings  ·  14 reviews
In a future United States under the power of a charismatic leader, everyone gets the Mark at age thirteen. The Mark lets citizen shop, go to school, and even get medical care--but without it, you're on your own. Few refuse to get the Mark. Those who do . . . disappear.

Parents are looking for fiction that makes Christianity exciting for kids. This series is an alternative t
Published November 5th 2013 by Thomas Nelson Publishers

Rebecca ~ Silvan Elf  ~
This book might have worked if it was not part of a series.

This book is told mostly from a new character, Ali. She is from the Dark Lands. My sister tells me Logan comes back later in the story (I quit at about half way).

At times this book felt like a different world than the one we have come to know in the previous Swipe books. And mostly just hearing from Ali really hurt the story. If we had heard from other people it might have been okay. Maybe there would be more plot, or more reason for th
Riley
Caution: spoilers

This is the fourth book in the swipe series and it is really good. In this book is a story of a young girl in the future and she has a special talent. Technology from the preunity days (current day for us) will magically turn on when she most needs it in times of danger. She is enthralled but a little nervous about how this happens, until one day after escaping some dome agents she is found in a ditch by a nice man. She is taken to his house and given plenty of food and clean cl
Rachel
It's been nearly a week since I finished the book, so bear with me if this is a bit shorter than what you are accustomed to.
Spark is definitely a worthwhile read, especially for those who have read the rest of the Swipe series. For those who have not read the rest of the series, you could probably read Spark without having read the previous three books.
Spark was captivating with an intriguing premise to the story. Ali is a lovable character, especially how she speaks to herself.
My only co
Kathryn Svendsen
Spark is a unique dystopian action/thriller, loosely based on the book of Revelation from the Bible. The novel is not overtly religious and some may wonder whether it is a Christian novel or not as there is little talk about God in it and unless you are familiar with the end times story from the book of Revelation, you may not recognize the parallel.

Spark is the fourth book in a planned six book series. I would recommend starting at the beginning of the series in order to fully understand the t
Joan
This is a dystopian series. I have only read Spark. Ali is a 9 year old girl who is part of a child begging group that is forced to beg and get a quota each week. Ali is usually short, but the our kids help her. When the house is raided, Ali escapes. She finds out that robots like her. She is captured and tortured, but escapes. She is found by Nick who is wealthy and offers her safely, but what are his motives? Ali is very special because she can control electricity and computers. This book seem ...more
Julie
I received this novel from NetGalley.

This fourth installment of the "Swipe" series, takes a little longer to really bloom into the fantastic novel that it is, really taking off around the 90 page mark. And although that seems like a long time in a short novel, that back-story does become important later on, making it a deeper story in the end.

Again, Angler has created a fantastic novel, continuing on the fight of the Dust, even incorporating the original characters into Ali's world. The fact tha
Rachel
Good, but not as good as the other three. Maybe I just missed the main characters from those.
{Arrow} {Arrow}
My sister and I have been reading Evan's swipe series for a few months now, and let me say, never once have I been disappointed. His talent far surpasses that of any I've seen in any author I've come across so far.
He creates beautiful, inspiring characters thrown into a captivating plot that we simply could not stop reading about.
Heidi
AAAAHHH! This book is crazy!! I was totally surprised in the end. Evan Angler always finds a way to build layers and layers of secrets until you don't have any idea what will happen next, or who to trust. I love how all the stories are connected in the end! Now to wait for the next book...
Lisa
I couldn't really stand this book it didn't have much to do with the rest of the series so I gave up reading it.
Tabatha
I really liked the first few books in the series. I just couldn't get into this last novel.
Mark Rewey
Good book. I am going to have my friend read this series now
Aya Woods
i love it so much! its even better than the 1st one!!!!! :D
Zoe ~ *Team Luca*
Zoe ~ *Team Luca* marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Iona
Iona marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Aqua Peach
Aqua Peach marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Nicole D
Nicole D marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Noah Jones
Noah Jones marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Waffle_call
Waffle_call marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Eternal Warrior
Eternal Warrior marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
Georgina
Georgina marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Cami
Cami marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Eryn
Eryn marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
TinKeyLee
TinKeyLee marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
Sarah Taleweaver
Sarah Taleweaver marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015
  • Lost and Found (Rock Harbor Search and Rescue #2)
  • Spirit Fighter (Son of Angels, #1)
  • No Place Like Holmes (No Place Like Holmes, #1)
  • A Hero's Throne (Ancient Earth Trilogy #2)
  • Outcasts (Safe Lands, #2)
  • Luminary (Anomaly #2)
  • True Story (Diary of a Real Payne, #1)
  • The Shadow Lamp (Bright Empires #4)
  • Season of Fire (The Remnants, #2)
  • Aquifer
  • Moonblood (Tales of Goldstone Wood, #3)
  • Thunder of Heaven (The End Series, #2)
  • Mariah Mundi and the Ship of Fools (Mariah Mundi, #3)
  • Firstborn
5172018
Evan lives without the Mark, evading DOME and writing in the shadows of Beacon.

Swipe is his first book. But if anyone asks, you know nothing about it, and you didn't hear anything from him. Don't make eye contact if you see him. Don't call his name out loud. He's in enough trouble already.

And so are you , if you've read his book.
More about Evan Angler...

Swipe (4 books)
  • Swipe (Swipe, #1)
  • Sneak (Swipe, #2)
  • Storm (Swipe #3)
Swipe (Swipe, #1) Sneak (Swipe, #2) Storm (Swipe #3)