Start by marking “Blindsided” as Want to Read:
Blindsided

Blindsided (Sisterhood #22)

4.09  ·  Rating Details ·  1,623 Ratings  ·  139 Reviews
Ladies On Fire

Myra Rutledge isn't ready to mothball the Sisterhood just yet. When Maggie Spitzer, former editor-in-chief of the Post and an honorary member of the Sisterhood, arrives with a new mission in mind, the Vigilantes are soon gathering in their war room once more. While catching up on each other's lives, they plan a brilliant campaign against a duo of corrupt jud
Published September 1st 2013 by Kensington Publishing Corporation (first published 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Blindsided, please sign up.

Roni You have to remember that the "Sisterhood" series is all about vigilantly justice, so in a lot of peoples eyes what they do would be considered…moreYou have to remember that the "Sisterhood" series is all about vigilantly justice, so in a lot of peoples eyes what they do would be considered illegal. But they are all about stepping in and making justice happen, when certain people are often "untouchable" by the legal systems justice. That is the mind set you have to have when you first start reading this series and this is book #22. (less)

Cathy
The Sisterhood rocks!!

Fern Michaels and the Sisterhood series are one of my favorites. Always anticipating the next book. Myra and the gang rock!!
Karen
Jan 02, 2014 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am a huge fan of the sisterhood series and I must say this book was wonderful..I do miss the ones who are no longer with the sisterhood,but a few have returned for this book..Highly recommend it for fans of this series and anyone who likes to see justice prevail..
Shirley Bibbins
Jan 11, 2014 Shirley Bibbins rated it really liked it
I have read all the books in Fern Michael's "Sisterhood" series, and was royally entertained by each of them. "Blindsided" is no exception. I hope Ms. Michaels continues this series.
Cindi
May 12, 2015 Cindi rated it really liked it
Another book from the sisterhood series. Another hit.
BJ
I'm glad this author decided to keep writing this series. Miss all the younger ladies though, hope we'll get to see more of them in future books.
Aimee
Jan 24, 2014 Aimee rated it did not like it
The Vigilantes have pretty much retired; however, they come back together to sock it to a pair of corrupt twin judges. When your members include a former President, millionaires, and other people with significant power, you can make a difference in ways most ordinary people can’t, and some of those methods aren’t exactly legal. However, what matters is that good triumphs over evil.

I will preface the rest of the review by saying that this is the first Fern Michaels book I have ever read, and sin
Heather
Aug 20, 2014 Heather rated it liked it
# 22 In Sisterhood saga
Alright this is an ongoing series so if you haven't read previous novels you might be a bit lost but for the most part it can be understood as a stand-alone if you don't care to know the backstories and hints from previous books and characters.

So we start this novel with Maggie coming back and spills her tale and then gives the Sisterhood a new mission. Seems that a couple of twin Judges are in need of a good ol' Sisterhood enlightenment.
With the help of the Post team, Ab
Amee.21
Oct 25, 2013 Amee.21 rated it liked it
It's good but not as great as the others. I really miss the involvement of the other vigilante woman. I don't care if it makes the book longer but to put in a bit more detail about Lizzie Fox handling her business vigilante style still makes it cohesive. I want to hear more about Abby/Abner even if it's just a teaser. I think the plot was awesome and the bad guys description made me feel like taking them down myself and wanted to kick the in the balls if they had any...

Dear Miss Fern Michaels,
Linda
Oct 31, 2013 Linda rated it liked it
The vigilante ladies are at it again and this time their focus is on two judges who are identical twins. These twins have the citizens of their town scared to go against them. They have declared their missing brother dead and stolen his lands and money. No one knew about this until a young reporter started investigating them and got run out of town. Then the ladies heard of it and said enough is enough!

I usually love the vigilante series but this one fell short. I wish Ms Michaels would include
Ann
Jan 07, 2014 Ann rated it really liked it
I like the sisterhood books. I also am happy that author Fern Michaels has let them age gracefully. None of their lives have been perfect, like real life, they rely on their friends to survive. Their mistakes are forgiven and they are truly a family. This book gets them back to bringing the bad guys (or ladies) to justice and they do so in style.
Sandy
Nov 17, 2013 Sandy rated it liked it
The premise is funny and somewhat interesting, although, as with many series books, this one is not one of her best.

I'm going to say something about quality rather than content. There were so many typos and extra words in sentences that I'm wondering if anyone edited or even read this book before publication.

Brenda Arnett
Feb 13, 2014 Brenda Arnett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Always the best of writers!

Always the best of writers!

I had a hard time putting this book down! Once again a great best seller by Fern Michaels! Hope she has another in this series soon.
Cynthia Sylvia
Feb 17, 2014 Cynthia Sylvia rated it it was amazing
I loved it. I loved the whole series and pray Ms. Michaels will continue on with it. It was great to see even a partial crew back together.
Suzanne Smart
Jan 29, 2014 Suzanne Smart rated it really liked it
Just love the sisterhood series!! Always a fun read and continue to love the characters!!!!!
Denise
Jan 17, 2014 Denise rated it it was amazing
As always Fern Michaels delivers! Can't wait to see where Myra & Annie will be going next@
Kathy Bold
Feb 12, 2014 Kathy Bold rated it it was amazing
Another book in Fern Michael's Sisterhood series. Again the women manage to stop the target from doing harm to individuals and give the town
their lives back.
Diane Swart
Jun 17, 2014 Diane Swart rated it really liked it
I really like this series. Happy to see another book in the series.
Linda Walters
I liked this one, the two twin "baddies" give everyone a run for their money. The women judges are as clever as they are evil. Plus they have been at this racket for years and were racking in money hand over fist. Money, control, intimidation and manipulation mixed with a very unhealthy dose of fear has kept them at the top all this time. No one had a clue until one chubby novice small town reporter smelled a rat.
It was easy to see how the word Blindsided was the title of the book. In the very
Ruth Mindick
Jun 03, 2017 Ruth Mindick rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Is Justice really blind?

Another fast-paced tale from Fern Michaels, but this time the story is focused on the skills of the "second string" ladies and their supportive backup team. I thought I would miss the original Vigilantes but these ladies are just as exciting and focused on vengeance as their younger Sisters. Retirement from professional life has left them bored and itching for another mission to right wrongs and dispense their unique brand of justice. I enjoyed reading the buildup to the
Joe A King
May 09, 2017 Joe A King rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful as always

Love Fern Michaels stories!!! Wish I could be a character in one of her books!! Never get too much to read
Terri Lynn
Jan 01, 2014 Terri Lynn rated it did not like it
Shelves: fiction
I wanted to like it and I tried to like it but...I didn't like it. I started not liking it on the first page. Myra Rutledge was sitting around the house with her 4 dogs while her husband Charles was in the basement writing his memoirs who no one would be interested in. So, if no one would publish it and no one would be interested, then why the hell has he spent 4 years writing it? Myra apparently can't cook but Charles has taken to making meals in the crock pot and Myra resents it. Why? If she d ...more
Mason
Apr 02, 2014 Mason rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Laughter, excitement, suspense, a bit of danger and a lot of revenge run amuck when the ladies gather at Pinewood.

The ladies of author Fern Michaels’ Sisterhood series aren’t ones to fade quietly into the background. Though it has been awhile since the ladies were called upon to dispense their own brand of justice, they are always ready for a new challenge.

Narrator Laural Merlington does an excellent job bringing the characters to life. Her distinct mannerisms and vocalizations have you believi
DelAnne Frazee
Jan 21, 2016 DelAnne Frazee rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Title: Blindsided (Sisterhood Book 22)
Author: Fern Michaels
Language: Mild
Sensual Level: Low
Reviewer: DelAnne
Reviewed For: Net Galley

Maggie Spritzer brings a new mission to the Sisterhood for consideration. Two corrupt judges who are abusing their authority that need to be taken down. They are using their positions to send youthful offenders to abusive boot
Joanne
Feb 22, 2017 Joanne rated it really liked it
Sisterhood series. The vigilantes go after 2 corrupt judges who happen to be twins. Amongst their crimes they finance a boot camp for kids and are receiving a fortune since they find the kids guilty (even though they aren't ) and get a kickback.
Chelsea
Jan 03, 2014 Chelsea rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery, 2014
While I imagine a fan of the Sisterhood series will probably be quite pleased with this twenty-second installment, I didn't quite get it. **This was the first book in the series that I've read, and I'm assuming there's a certain something about the twenty-one preceding this one that draws readers back repeatedly. It's possible that certain magic is lacking in this book, but I'm willing to acknowledge that it's more likely I'm just not attuned to it. Unfortunately, I also didn't encounter it inde ...more
Carol  MacInnis
Oct 07, 2014 Carol MacInnis rated it it was amazing
The Sisterhood is back in action, and none too soon! Although many of those in the sisterhood have moved forward with their lives, for Maggie Spitzer and Annie deSilva, their love lives have crumbled. Myra Rutledge, as well as many of the others have become bored and restless and miss the excitement of their missions as vigilantes. So when Maggie returns to Pinewood, she also wishes to rally everyone together in the war room in order to discuss what could be their next mission. She believes a te ...more
Carol
Blindsided by Fern Michaels was very disappointing to me. It took me a while to work through the beginning because there were so about where the different women were at the point in their life. I think it would have worked better as a standalone with all that at the beginning.

I loved the main story about the evil twin sisters declaring their brother dead and deep into moneymaking schemes. I loved to hate both of them. But some of the details of the Viligilantes' war room seemed dated and not pla
Artemiz
Nov 20, 2013 Artemiz rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley, 2014
What I have to say about Fern Michaels's Blindsided. Well, if you want to know what has become of Charlie's Angels, after they have grown older and can not take on all those assignments, where they need to dress up or dress down, do some serious marshal arts fighting and fire all kinds of weapons, since they have highly respectable jobs and kids and husbands ...

Well they still rush into the fight if somebody is in trouble or somebody is stepping over the line with using the power that is given t
Kimberly
Dec 01, 2013 Kimberly rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Review featured on www.books-n-kisses.com

I could not finish this book but I think it was my own error. I requested this book from NetGalley because I have read other Fern Michaels books and while I think she has an odd way about her writing I usually enjoy the story. However, this book is the 22nd in a series called Sisterhood. The problem is this story is about the characters getting back together and restarting some type of operation they worked on before and while I tried I couldn’t understan
Heather Santiago
May 18, 2016 Heather Santiago rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, fiction
Overall, I like this series. This one had a few shortcomings. Not much happens in the first 40 pages, but once the mission is finally explained it got interesting. The first couple of chapters has the characters mostly eating and getting drunk. It kind of irked me that when Charles made dinner in the crockpot, his wife complained. After all, she can't cook--I didn't really see why she had such a problem with it.
I also didn't find the two judges that intimidating as it relates to the Sisterhood.
Rochester Reads: Please add your review of this book! :) 2 9 Aug 19, 2014 12:32PM
Blind Sided 3 7 Mar 07, 2014 04:49PM
  • The Baby Farm
  • Home to Seaview Key (Seaview Key, #2)
  • Liar's Market
  • Taking a Stand
  • Love Thy Neighbor
  • Come a Little Closer (Tucker Family, #3)
  • Something Wicked (Andrew Hunter, #1)
  • The Night Visitor
  • House Report
  • Vanished
  • Annie's Christmas Wish (Quilts of Lancaster County, #4)
  • The Eleventh Commandment (Hallelujah Love #8)
  • Delivering Death: A Novel (Riley Spartz, #6)
  • Forget Me Knot (A Quilting Mystery, #1)
  • Clear and Convincing Proof (Barbara Holloway #7)
  • The Search (The Secrets of Crittenden County #2)
  • Duck the Halls (Meg Langslow, #16)
  • Lucky Love (Looking for Love, #1)
Fern Michaels isn’t a person. I’m not sure she’s an entity either since an entity is something with separate existence. Fern Michaels® is what I DO. Me, Mary Ruth Kuczkir. Growing up in Hastings, Pennsylvania, I was called Ruth. I became Mary when I entered the business world where first names were the order of the day. To this day, family and friends call me Dink, a name my father gave me when I ...more
More about Fern Michaels...

Sisterhood (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Weekend Warriors (Sisterhood, #1)
  • Payback (Sisterhood, #2)
  • Vendetta (Sisterhood, #3)
  • The Jury (Sisterhood, #4)
  • Sweet Revenge (Sisterhood #5)
  • Lethal Justice (Sisterhood #6)
  • Free Fall (Sisterhood, #7)
  • Hide and Seek (Sisterhood, #8 / Rules of the Game, #1)
  • Hokus Pokus
  • Fast Track

“Back to the land of freedom. Back to breaking the law with her sisters to make sure justice got served. God, just the thought had her tingling all over.” 7 likes