Start by marking “The Dead Lifeguard (Fear Street Superchiller, # 6)” as Want to Read:
The Dead Lifeguard (Fear Street Superchiller, # 6)

The Dead Lifeguard (Point Horror)

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  1,238 ratings  ·  39 reviews
The lifeguards at North Beach Country Club know they're lucky. While other kids are flipping burgers, they're sunning themselves by day and partying by night. So what if some people say the place is cursed, haunted. This is the life!

And then, one by one, the lifeguards start to die horrible deaths. Someone—or something— evil is stalking them. They all know how to save othe
Published June 1st 1994 by Pocket Books (first published 1993)

To ask other readers questions about The Dead Lifeguard, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dead Lifeguard

The Betrayal by R.L. StineHalloween Party by R.L. StineThe Second Evil by R.L. StineThe Wrong Number by R.L. StineThe First Evil by R.L. Stine
Best Fear Street Book
16th out of 53 books — 91 voters
Matilda by Roald DahlCharlotte's Web by E.B. WhiteJames and the Giant Peach by Roald DahlFrom the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler by E.L. KonigsburgCharlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
90s Kids
57th out of 155 books — 41 voters

More lists with this book...

Monaliza Marcelo
i've read this book over and over cause i just cant get enough, this has been my favorite among the books of Stine that i've read.

mind-twisting, as you go along suspecting each lifeguards. you never guess who the real killer was, and that poor Lindsay who's always blamed because she was there in every accident, i recommend this to all avid Fear readers. this is absolutely a page-turner!
Maryella Pinkston
i cannt believe that the dead girl best friend toke her indenty and acted like if she was her and wored her clothes and acted like her parnet was hers and not only that but went as she was the dead girl and became a life guard and i seriously cannt believe
and moose toke his name and turned it around to make like if he was someone else and make the police go crazy cause they thought it was the dead girl best friend who was killing every one and then mosse tryed to throw the dead girls best frien
Edan Coben
When I was younger I used to read goosebumps all the time. So when I found this book I was really excited. This was an easy read, the kind of book you would read when you have a little downtime. This was very entertaining, the details and graphic descriptions that the author portrayed made the book all the more fun. The ending was a good surprise. I would recommend this book to people of all ages. Give it a try.
I was a huge R.L. Stine fan in my early teens! I loved all the fear street books! They are what got me into reading again! :)
Paul Kim
Far from predictable book with slasher premise and that makes the book fun.

I enjoyed the mystery aspect regarding the main character's identity as it makes you wonder what's going on.

The main character's really sympathetic as she keeps facing conflicts regarding her identity.

What I don't like about the book is probably the switching of P.O.V in chapters. I prefer it to focus on one main character as it can be hard to swallow all character's P.O.V

It's a great installment in fear street for its in
Cypress Ruby
Sebenarnya plot yang ini agak lemah. Idenya oke, dan tetap disampaikan secara menarik. Tapi saya..... Nggak senang. Hahahaha... *alasanmacamapa*. Mungkin terlalu banyak karakter dalam satu buku yang tipis. Biasanya di Fear Street paling banyak ada 7 karakter. Tapi disini ada 10, dan kisahnya diceritakan oleh 4 orang berbeda. Si pelaku, si tokoh utama cewek, tokoh pendamping cewek, tokoh pendamping cowok. Not as fun as usual...
You think you have it all figured out...until you don't. I haven't read anything by R.L Stine for years but I got a great deal on this one from a used book store and it was very much worth it! Short, easy read but keeps you eager to read the rest, especially in the last fifty or so pages.
I always loved this one as a kid, and I still loved it now. It has that classic Fear Street surprise ending, and I'm glad I didn't remember too much of it so I could just sit back and enjoy the reveal.
This book was sooo predictable. I figured out who the killer was by chapter 10. I read this book because I saw such positive reviews on
It's wasn't that scary but it was sort of good.
I am reviewing my Booklist here at Goodreads and visit RL Stine's booklist to add books I read as a kid, and still I remember this book. Such a classic. Favorite book of RL Stine.
Tiffy Boom
I felt like some of the literary devices and the descriptions in this book were kinda un-needed,a nd I really didn't care for some of the plot twists
May 16, 2014 Laura added it
Shelves: horror, mystery, ya
This was my FAVORITE book in 4th grade. Oh my...
Fantabulous. I can't stop reading these.
Fabián A.
Someone told me I was too old to go around reading R. L. Stine books. But I found this one at the flea market, it cost me one buck! It was a nice read, it remind me how much I loved Goosebumps as a kid. The only thing I didn't like where the constant cliffhangers at the end of every chapter that 95% of times always ended up on shenanigans.

My favorite chapters were Mouse's. I just loved the way he talk to dead Terry, quiet chilling!
Actual rating: 1.5 stars. It's an interesting set up and the characters are nicely varied, even though we don't actually see much lifeguarding. The reason I gave it the rating I did was that there were so many plots in the story, I didn't know what was supposed to be going on. Seriously, it could be ghosts, amnesiac killers, non-amnesiac killers...just pick one and be done with it! This book also jumps p.o.v. so much it's confusing.
I just loved these books when I was a teen! I've reread several of them in my adult years, just for fun, and find that I still enjoy them. I recently grabbed a pile of them from my local used book store and took a few to the beach with me. I liked the setting in this one: a country club where the teenage lifeguards room in the guest house for the summer. The story was creepy, and it kept me guessing!
This book was so intriguing! There was so many twists and turns that it really kept my attention. I could not put it down! I loved how each chapter was told in a different character's perspective. The killer is slightly predictable, but the story behind it was really good. Overall this book was an excellent read, and I highly recommended it for someone who wants a really good read.
Ok, I read these all when I was younger and they got me into reading, and now I can not live without books. Here's the thing, I threw away most of these RL Stine books and now regret it because they were so fun to read. Do not throw away your old, "stupid" children books that you are now to old to read. You'll miss them one day.
I used to loove Stine when I was a kid, I came across this book in a box of books someone was giving away in my apartment lobby so I grabbed it and read it. Really brought me back.. Very light and easy read, and also still gave me chills!
It was okay as far as horror stories go. Lots and lots of drama, and some on edge action, but not too scary as far as R.L. Stein goes. I was disappointed in this book a little I think.
Samama Reza
This is a good book. Honestly! I have read this book & it's 'actually' awesome. It's not exactly a horror story, it's a mystery type story. But I like it anyway :)
I devoured R.L. Stein as a kid and was never really scared by any of them, but this book gave me nightmares for weeks. It was totally my favorite in like 3rd grade.
It's a little twisted on the psychology side but so far it's my favorite.
I like the fact that it's a tough mystery to crack, and the ending's unpredictable.
I read this book while in middle school. I was a HUGE R.L. Stine fan and like most of his other books, I couldn't put it down.
Carrie Bacon
I remember reading this book when I was younger along with other books by R.L. Stine. This was 1 of favorite books.
Rimsha Salam
not as good as other R.l.Stine books that i have ok book i'd say not very scary at all.
The Dead Lifeguard (Fear Street Super Chillers, No. 6) by R. L. Stine (1994)
William A
A very good horror book of two mixed genres Horror and Mystery. Loved it.
I LOVED THIS of my favorite Fear Street books...
Indah Threez Lestari
487th - 2011

- beli obral dari ibu kost -
Goodreads Librari...: Two different books incorrectly combined 6 24 Sep 22, 2013 12:45AM
  • Bury Me Deep
  • April Fools (Point Horror, #7)
  • The Yearbook
  • The Invitation (Point Horror, #20)
  • Snow (Losing Christina, #2)

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...

Point Horror (1 - 10 of 101 books)
  • Blind Date (Point Horror, #1)
  • Twisted (Point Horror, #2)
  • The Lifeguard (Point Horror, #3)
  • Prom Dress
  • My Secret Admirer (Point Horror, #4)
  • The Baby-Sitter (The Baby-Sitter, #1; Point Horror, #5)
  • The Baby-Sitter II (Point Horror, #17)
  • The Babysitter IV
  • Trick or Treat (Point Horror, #6)
  • April Fools (Point Horror, #7)
Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1) Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7) Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4) The Haunted Mask (Goosebumps, #11) One Day at Horrorland (Goosebumps, #16)