Start by marking “Final Grade (Fear Street, #30)” as Want to Read:
Final Grade (Fear Street, #30)

Final Grade (Fear Street #30)

3.53  ·  Rating Details ·  1,222 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Everyone thinks she killed her teacher

Intense, competitive, Lily Bancroft had good reasons to hate him. She lives to win, and he was about to destroy her dreams. But murder? That was going too far, even for someone as driven as Lily.

She's innocent. But that hasn't stopped the whispers behind her back. Or the weird phone calls late at night. Then someone else is brutally mu
Published April 1st 1995 by Simon Pulse (first published January 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Final Grade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Final Grade

Valentina
As other Stine's book, Final grade was a typically easy read with a couple of mild plot twists. A good way to kill an hour of two if you're bored
Shannon
May 31, 2012 Shannon rated it really liked it
To be honest, I only decided to pick this up to read because the cover was amazingly corny, but oh my god, I am actually surprised by how good this was. The last few Fear Street books I've read have kind of been duds and this ended up being super wonderful. The main character Lily is the type of person who I hated in high school. I understand wanting to get good grades and do well in school, but whining at getting a B is stupid. When she finally gets an A-, she's still moody and upset. It was so ...more
Drucilla
Oct 20, 2011 Drucilla rated it did not like it
Shelves: fear-street
While the plot took some interesting turns, I just couldn't get over how much I dislike the main character, Lily. Not once, but twice, Lily puts her best friend in mortal danger. While she might be the smartest kid in school, it's apparently all book smarts. No common sense to be found here. More evidence for this comes from the fact that Lily had a chance to tell her best friend, Julie, that (view spoiler) was the killer. They were by themselves talking about the fact that ...more
Mary Bird
Jun 16, 2016 Mary Bird rated it it was ok
Eh. This one I wasn't that fond of, and as I don't really remember it, I can assume I wasn't that into it when I was a kid either. Like, I can relate to the main character's obsession with grades, but not in a good way! I'm glad that part of my life is over! Also, the bad guy is...uncomfortable. I don't think I'll keep this one.
kylajaclyn
Mar 18, 2012 kylajaclyn rated it liked it
3 1/2 stars. Woo buddy, look at this one go!!

Moral of the Story: Don't give B's to Type A's!!

Body Count: 2 1/2 (Mr. Reiner & Graham)

Gaping Plot Holes: At least one unexplained murder.

The Usual Suspects: Rick, the Delivery Boy, Scott, the Newspaper Boy, and Alex, Lily's boyfriend

The Guilty Party: Scott, but only for one murder. I suspect Alex of the other one.

Plot: So this Lily chick is like Bella Swan. Got three guys, at least, leaving drool on her pussy. More on that in a minute. Lily wants
Trevor Wells
Sep 30, 2015 Trevor Wells rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fear-street
Final Grade is one of the best Fear Street books I've read in a while. It's been some time since I've read Fear Street and this was just what the doctor ordered. It had everything that makes Fear Street great: Horrifying murders, high school drama, and deranged psychopaths. It's good to be home.

Plot Synopsis: For Lily, grades mean everything. Her biggest aspiration is to graduate Valedictorian and make her parents proud of her. But then, her social science teacher Mr. Reiner threatens to derail
Nika
Nov 13, 2012 Nika rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
Getting beck to Stine's books is always a great experience for me. Final Grade was no different from his other books - which means it was fun, quick and creepy. I read it in one sitting and it was exactly what I needed in a study break. Premise was interesting, because every single one of his books has a different setting and situations in which characters find themselves are always original and I think that's awesome, since he wrote A LOT of books.

The plot was not really a hit for me as I hoped
Ger Francus
Sep 18, 2010 Ger Francus rated it really liked it
I think it was again a very good and scary book. In my opinion, from the books I've read so far, this is also one of the best from the series.

Lily wants to be class-valedictorian, no matter what. But her new teacher Mr. Reiner on purpose refuses to give her a good grade, and is completely blind for all the hard work Lily does. Lily wants to kill him!
When the next morning Mr. Reiner lays dead on the classroom floor, everyone in school thinks to know who did it... Who else would had a reason to
Ryan Lum
Nov 15, 2011 Ryan Lum rated it liked it
THis book really tells the reader a life lesson that a person should really relax and not get so caught up with grades and such. This book is a classic horror story and is based on this girl named Lily who is a smarty pants. Basically shes so obsessed with grades, that when her teachers or school competitors dies, people suspected that it was her because the shoe fits. What people really don't know is that its the last person to suspect and Lily has to prove thats shes innocent before she gets i ...more
Paul Kim
May 01, 2016 Paul Kim rated it liked it
Shelves: r-l-stine
I enjoyed the first half of the book which is mostly slasher-like but near halfway through the book, the book gets weird. Here, the killer is revealed halfway and is moslty harrassing the main character and it does get disturbing but this situation, I thought, wasn't scary because this situation takes place at home that it can easily be solved if the main character make contact with anyone but the main character didn't, so it's frustrating to read about a situation that would have ended had the ...more
Jaimie
Sep 24, 2010 Jaimie rated it really liked it
Began reading this today, and finished it only a few hours later. I couldn't put this book down! It's one of my favourite Fear Street books that I have read so far! The climax at the end was exciting and I couldn't wait to see how it ended! Recommended to those who love the Fear Street series!
Jeff
Aug 26, 2012 Jeff rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012
As a teen, I liked the Fear Street books but never managed to read all the books in the series. Like James Patterson's books, it is a quick read and has plot twists to keep the reader interested. Unfortunately, the book was missing pages 72-83...
Brittany
May 01, 2011 Brittany rated it really liked it
I read this book while in middle school. I was a HUGE R.L. Stine fan and like most of his other books, I couldn't put it down.
Natalie Kuzma
Jun 30, 2013 Natalie Kuzma rated it really liked it
I loved this book
Arshia Zehra
Oct 11, 2010 Arshia Zehra rated it liked it
a gud book...........really liked it.........Lily is soooooo obsessed with studies i can't believe that she can even kill to get a gud grade.............
Esmeralda
Mar 07, 2016 Esmeralda rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It took me a few hours to read. Such a page turner. Also the killer is someone unexpected.
Jaime
Apr 13, 2012 Jaime rated it really liked it
I was a huge R.L. Stine fan in my early teens! I loved all the fear street books! They are what got me into reading again! :)
Alex
Another fun Fear Street re-read. I remembered the villain before they were revealed, but since I didn't remember how it all got resolved I got to just sit back and enjoy the ridiculousness.
Tara Calaby
Jan 28, 2010 Tara Calaby rated it it was ok
Shelves: ya-fiction, thriller
It's been so long since I read this that I can't really remember the details.
Jessi
Jessi rated it liked it
Jan 26, 2009
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
Apr 11, 2009
Samantha
Samantha rated it really liked it
Mar 17, 2013
Azidy
Azidy rated it it was ok
Aug 22, 2013
Anita
Anita rated it it was ok
May 22, 2014
Julie Trullinger
Julie Trullinger rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2014
Astecia P.
Astecia P. rated it it was amazing
Feb 14, 2015
Teresa Munoz
Teresa Munoz rated it really liked it
Aug 24, 2015
Diana
Diana rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2014
Literati
Literati rated it it was amazing
Aug 02, 2011
  • The Scream Team (Nightmare Hall, #5)
  • Last Act
  • Welcome Back, Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #28)
  • Eight Spells a Week (Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, #17)
  • The Waitress
  • The Pleasures of Sin
  • Bridal Bedlam (Sabrina the Teenage Witch, #23)
  • Teacher's Pet (Point Horror, #10)

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...

Fear Street (1 - 10 of 54 books)
  • The New Girl (Fear Street, #1)
  • The Surprise Party (Fear Street, #2)
  • The Overnight (Fear Street, #3)
  • Missing (Fear Street, #4)
  • The Wrong Number (Fear Street, #5)
  • The Sleepwalker (Fear Street, #6)
  • Haunted (Fear Street, #7)
  • Halloween Party (Fear Street, #8)
  • The Stepsister (Fear Street, #9)
  • Ski Weekend (Fear Street, #10)