Start by marking “This Cockeyed World” as Want to Read:
This Cockeyed World

This Cockeyed World

Published October 1st 2013 by Guernica Editions

To ask other readers questions about This Cockeyed World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about This Cockeyed World

Joseph
Feb 12, 2014 Joseph rated it it was amazing
Shelves: poetry
Oh, Mata,Mata, Gretha
Gretha, I boast no gold
Braid nor proud epaulets.
No Fruit Salad spilled
Across my chest. I don
Only the poet's uniform

This Cockeyed World by Jim Christy is his latest collection of poetry. Christy was born in Virginia in 1945 and raised in the notorious ghetto of South Philadelphia. He moved to Canada in 1968 and became a citizen in 1974. Christy is an a talented artist as well as a poet.

Every so often I come across a poetry collection that completely wows me. Last year it wa
Jennifer (The Nightly Book Owl)
I found myself really enjoying the wonderfully unique and varying subjects this book approaches. The verses are written fantastically, and I enjoyed making sense of the beautiful lines.

The downside to this book is that it is hard to connect to most of the time. I didn't feel the emotions a lot of the times. The words are beautiful, yes, but they do not move me. I felt as if they were too specific to the author and not as general and universal as I would have liked.

Overall, this is a wonderful
Ea
Apr 26, 2014 Ea rated it liked it
Shelves: poetry, netgalley, 2014
Genuinely enjoyed this one. It wasn't one of those movers that made me question my entire existence (only the old Romantics can do that) but the pieces were well-crafted and overall satisfying to a heart that beats for poetry. Personally I was looking for more emotion, something to relate to that wasn't just the words in their purest form – a lot to ask for, I know, and probably next to impossible to find in these self-publishing days, but one can hope, right?
Donald Armfield
This is my second poetry collection from Guernica Editions. Their type of poetry is more like story with a few wit thought lines. I'm more of an off beat fan.

One piece in this collection was really cool. The author takes poets and toys them together and carries out their voices over the "Magic Ocean"

Once again don't let my review effect your reading. Just not my cup of tea.
Domenico Capilongo
Domenico Capilongo rated it really liked it
Jul 08, 2014
Guernica Editions
Guernica Editions rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2014