Start by marking “Lights Out (Fear Street, #12)” as Want to Read:
Lights Out (Fear Street, #12)

Lights Out (Fear Street #12)

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  1,662 ratings  ·  34 reviews
Don't listen to the stories they tell you about Fear Street. Wouldn't you rather explore it yourself...and see if its dark terror and unexplained mysteries are true? You're not afraid, are you?
Published July 1st 1991 by Simon Pulse (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Lights Out, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lights Out

Callie Rose Tyler
Growing up I was all about Goosebumps and then I got to the point where I had read all of them and I discovered that on the other side of the library (the teenager/adult side) there were these much more sophisticated books by R.L. Stine. I checked them out and thought they were AMAZING.

Lately I've been all about nostalgia and remembering the gay 'ole 90's.

I thought it would be so fun to go back and read a Fear Street and laugh at 90's lingo and cheesy horror tropes. But....

Ultimately it just ki
Rachael Quinn
The Fear Street reading continues. I seriously feel like I need a huge tub of movie popcorn while I read these. Also, may I please make the request AGAIN that we get every Fear Street book made into an hour and a half long TV special. Maybe Netflix would do it?

Holly is not a big fan of the outdoors but her uncle, Bill’s, camp is failing and he needs her to work as a counselor. Holly loves her uncle and decides to help him any way that she can. Luckily, one of Holly’s closest friends, Thea, is a
Ashley Hill

Originally posted on Paranormal Sisters: http://paranormalsisters.blogspot.com...

Lights out was a bleh read for me. I was excited about the summary and ready to dive into it but as I got deeper into the storyline my interest started to dwindle. The reason behind that is that the counsellor took forever to die! Forever! It happened in like the third quarter of the book! From the way the blurb sounds it happens pretty quickly, however it doesn’t. Most of the book is build up to the murder and what
Nikki
Drucilla
I feel like this book is a cop out. The only reference to Fear street is that it's where the main character lives. This happens in other Fear street books, but at least those take place in Shadyside. Two things really made me mad in this book. One, nobody listens to Holly's theories. The police should at least listen to what she has to say, but I understand why they don't take her seriously. Her Uncle Bill, though, (at least in regards to the vandalism, not the murder) should be listening as it' ...more
Tara
Stephanie Woodard
I really loved this book it kept me on the edge if my seat read it in about a hour and a half
Sammie Ortiz
Holly volunteers her summer to help out at her uncle’s summer camp. Soon she finds out this is no ordinary camp; unless all camps have one of their counselors murdered? She now must try to save her uncle’s camp but finds herself trying to save her own life as well! This book was suspenseful the entire time. The book ends off with a twist you will not believe!

My all time favorite Fear Street book!
Mollie Trail
R. L. Stine got me to stay up extra late with that trickiness of his. His chapters were 3-4 pages long on average and a few were less than half a page long. I thought it was a good story and it engaged you for sure. It's a nice short read for anyone who wants to slip a book really quickly into their yearly goal.
Monaliza Marcelo
this is trully cool.

girl's name is Holly, she was up for being a councilor for his uncle's camp who was struggling to regain his camp after many bad lucks happened. but whatever they do, someone really wants the camp to fall, and that someone will do everything for his purpose, even to kill...
Caitlyn
This book is about a girl named Holly who goes to her uncle's summer camp to be a camp councilor. As she is there she notices strange things happening to the camp and at each accident there is a red feather. She realizes that she needs to save the camp and get to the bottom of things.
Zeeshan Ahmed
Awesomeness!

Loved the feel. R.L. Stine (I love whatever he writes!) once again killing it (literally). The tension persisted throughout the book, and the conclusion was good too.

(Keeping the 'Halloween month' in mind, I'll be reading only macabre/ horror this month).
Jason
This was never one of my favorite Fear Street books. I just re read it and liked it better than I remember but still not one of my fave's. The killer and his motives are pretty easy to guess if you ask me.. and I think he uses the word "sooth" about 27 times... god.
M0rningstar
Read these by the truckload in elementary school, alongside a steady diet of Stephen King. They were lots of fun and a little scary. I don't remember any of the stories but recognize a few of the covers.
Matthew Lafrance
Not a bad book, though, it feels like k.e of the more weaker entries in the series. Still, Stine does a great job building suspense, and making you wonder just what the heck is going on
Courtney
I read a ton of these R.L. Stine thrillers in elementary and early middle school. Good for a quick thrill...and let's face it...the books have some great B-horror movie covers!
syazana kamsari
Another one of my RL Stine books. Filled with blood, threats and betrayals, this book gave me chills and nice people can turn out bad, even the ones you love.
Melissa
Unlike Christopher Pike, these are probably totally unreadable as an adult. I recognize the covers instead of the plots or titles.
Brittany
I read this book while in middle school. I was a HUGE R.L. Stine fan and like most of his other books, I couldn't put it down.
Heather lee
Jul 04, 2008 Heather lee rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people how like mistery
Recommended to Heather by: my sister
nm but it is relly good...and never go out in to the woods all by you self... it is really good you should read it some time
Ashli
Nov 24, 2013 Ashli rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
3.5

It was a short and intense read. I was suspicious of everybody but the person who was behind was my main suspect :/
Bean
Totally called the ending. May be too old for Fear Street books but refuse to give them up.
Nate
Great book for people who just want to read a scary story. Very descriptive.
Fen Fen
A VERY NICE BOOKS with VERY UNPREDICTABLE ending!! Two Thumbs up!! :D
Hannah Martha
One pretty graphic part of this book still haunts me!
Brenden
Why write a damb review befor u read it ur site sucks balls
W-O-R-D-S DON'T HURT THIS 1
this book is good and i would love to read it again.
Michelle
One of the many of my childhood favorites.
Vanessa
My favourite summertime read when I was 14.
JOhnnY
ohhhhhhhh the killer is a guy just remeber that
Aiossa's 14/15 Se...: Alex Gonzalez book review 4 1 3 Dec 18, 2012 02:19PM
  • The Wicked Heart
  • April Fools (Point Horror, #7)
  • Prom Dress
  • Party Line
  • Funhouse (Point Horror, #9)
  • Three Complete Novels By V C Andrews: Heaven Dawn Ruby
  • The Yearbook

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...
Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1) Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7) Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4) The Haunted Mask (Goosebumps, #11) One Day at Horrorland (Goosebumps, #16)