Start by marking “Light the Stars” as Want to Read:
Light the Stars

Light the Stars (Cowboys of Cold Creek #1)

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  229 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Wade Dalton was having a very bad day.

His five-year-old had accidentally set the kitchen on fire. His daughter was surly, as usual. The baby hadn't been fed yet. And his mother--aka "The Childminder"--had eloped...with a scam artist. Could it get any worse?

Turned out it could. Because the annoyingly beautiful daughter of said scam artist was now at the door, batting her do
Published March 15th 2013 by Harlequin Special Releases (first published April 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Light the Stars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Light the Stars

Rhonda
4 stars

I like how you can find older stories in a series now in ebook. I just wish there was a way to tell if book is an older one. I knew this was off by the first book in a long series. Goodreads also had date first published. I know most is not the author's fault.

I like reading RaeAnne Thayne's books I have only been reading her works the past couple of years. Light the Star is her first book in Cowboys of Cold Creek series. It has charming little kids, lots of family life. I like the charact
Donna Porter
Wade Dalton along with his brother Seth run Cold Creek ranch. He has just been left a note from his mother that she has eloped with a man she met on line. He is fit to be tied. She has left him with his three small children at the worst time on the ranch. Natalie is six, Tanner is three and Cody is one. A knock at the door brings him out of his sulking. A young girl identifies herself as Caroline Montgomery, the daughter of the man who eloped with his mother. she offers to help with the children ...more
Rachel Brand
I picked this book up in a Harlequin ebook sale for $0.99 and I'm really glad I went for it. This was a really sweet romance, even if it moved a bit too quickly for my liking. I didn't think it was entirely realistic for the hero and heroine to be declaring their love for each other after less than a fortnight, but besides that, I really enjoyed this romance. The premise was a lot of fun (the hero and heroine's parents elope together, and the heroine volunteers to babysit the heroes kids since h ...more
Susan
Wade Dalton has a lot of stuff going on in his life. He has a ranch to run, a tv crew on the way, three kids to raise that he knows very little about and a mom that has just eloped with a gentleman friend of hers that no one seem to know very much about. Oh and let's not forget, the daughter of said gentleman friend who has just arrived on his doorstep trying to find the whereabouts her dad.

Enter Caroline Montgomery, a "life" coach who has inadvertently coached Wade's mom into getting more out o
Lara Hulzen
Wade Dalton is a single father raising three young children. Widowed when the youngest child was just an infant, he relies on his mother, Marjorie, to watch the kids so he has time to run the family cattle ranch. When his mother runs off to elope, leaving him only a note saying she’ll be gone on her honeymoon for a week, Wade is left wondering how he’s going to handle a cattle ranch, a TV crew coming soon to do a segment on cattle ranching and three small children to care for.

Caroline Montgomer
Ashley F

On "Light the Stars":
The basic premise follows Wade's mother running off with Caroline's father suddenly which leaves Wade in a lurch with his three kids. Caroline comes to town to find her father, afraid he's running a scam on one of her life-coach clients and sort of becomes the nanny to Wade's children until the parents come home.

This is a wonderful start to a series which I look forward to exploring in the future. Wade is a rancher (not really my thing) but apparently he's sexy and intellige
cheryl ann crenshaw
Nice story

Light The Stars is an enchanting love story. Very easy to read.

Light The Stars is an enchanting love story. There are three adorable children to fall in love with if you like kids. It is just a nice, well written love story.

Mary
A great read

I so loved this book. I have read a few of the later books in this series and decided to read the beginning ones as I love her Hope Crossing series. It didn't disappoint and I will definitely read the rest
Shelly
Love it

Widowed workaholic cowboy with 3 children and a ranch that is busy with work that needs to be done.... he will find help in the weirdest form and might just lose his heart as well
Kobie
am reading and enjoying this, but, dang, who advocates spanking children anymore?
Pam
TITLE/AUTHOR: LIGHT THE STARS by Raeanne Thayne
RATING: 4.5/B+
GENRE/PUB DATE/# OF PGS: Romance, 2006, 249 pgs
TIME/PLACE: Present, Idaho
CHARACTERS: Caroline/Life Coach; Wade Dalton/Rancher
COMMENTS: 1st in the Cowboys of Cold Creek series. Cute,
pleasant read. Wade's mother, Marjorie elopes w/ Quinn.
She had met him via phone & internet, the father of
her life coach, Caroline. Wade, a widower w/ 3 children
is distressed to lose his mother's help, so when Caroline
shows up to see if her father is the
Gjones
Really liked this book!
Dee
Two-haiku review:

His mother elopes
Leaving him with no child care
She offers to help

Nice little romance
Both characters have issues
Fast ending, but good
Daisy
Only after I finished that I realized it is the book about the eldest brother of Jake in Dancing in the Moonlight.

I would give it a 3-3.5 stars. It starts off very well, but I think the ending seems a bit rush, may need a bit more details. All in all, the writing is good (except a couple mistake) and I enjoyed reading it.
Laurie
Ok but a little rushed
Christine
I am a RaeAnne Thayne fan and enjoyed this book like all her others. The characters were great. I was not disappointed....except for one thing. This book was way too short and the ending too abrupt.
Tasha
I started this book today and ended it today.... I couldn't help it I had to finish reading it today or it would drive me insane. If you are anything like me, you believe in romance and true love, you will cry
Erin
I really enjoyed the 1st RaeAnne Thayne book I read, but I didn't like this one as much. I accidentally read the 2nd of this series first, and I liked it better. Looking forward to the 3rd, though. :)
Amanda
Cute and fluffy romance novel. I atually enjoyed this one until the ending, it completely killed the story IMO. I can't seem to stop reading these dang books. WTH???
Mary Pitre
Aug 17, 2013 Mary Pitre rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Mary by: Goodreads
Enjoy reading this author's books. Can't wait to continue reading this author's books.
Andrea
This book was funny and romantic and so interesting! I loved it!
Inoj98
I like this author. new to me. have to read more of her stuff.
E.v. Sage
E.v. Sage marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Nelle
Nelle added it
Nov 16, 2014
Jeahn Mccoy
Jeahn Mccoy marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
  • A Willow Creek Christmas (Willow Creek, #6)
  • Justified Deception (Dancing Moon Ranch, #0.5)
  • One Stubborn Cowboy
  • The Unexpected Wife
  • My Give a Damn's Busted (Honky Tonk, #3)
  • The Other Woman (Dundee, Idaho, #7)
  • Chasin' Mason
  • The One I Want
  • Big Sky River (Parable, Montana, #3)
  • His Heart for the Trusting (Texas Hearts, #2)
  • Painted Montana Sky (Montana Sky #3.5)
  • True Love at Silver Creek Ranch (Valentine Valley, #2)
  • Lead Me Home (Sons of Chance, #8)
  • The Tenderfoot Bride
  • Lace and Lassos (Rough and Ready #3)
  • Someone To Watch Over Me
  • The Forgotten Child (The Outsider Series, #1)
  • Nell's Cowboy (Heart of Texas #5)
I'm not one of those people who knew from birth she was destined to become a writer. I always loved to read and throughout my childhood I could usually be found with a book in my hands. To the disgust of my friends, I even enjoyed creative writing assignments that made them all groan. But I had other dreams besides writing. I wanted to be an actress or a teacher or a lawyer.

Life took a different t
More about RaeAnne Thayne...
Dancing In The Moonlight (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #2) Blackberry Summer (Hope's Crossing #1) Woodrose Mountain (Hope's Crossing,#2) Sweet Laurel Falls (Hope's Crossing, #3) Christmas in Snowflake Canyon (Hope's Crossing, #6)