Start by marking “Dancing in the Moonlight” as Want to Read:
Dancing in the Moonlight

Dancing in the Moonlight (Cowboys of Cold Creek #2)

3.52  ·  Rating Details ·  3,910 Ratings  ·  257 Reviews
LIEUTENANT MAGDALENA CRUZ HAD COME HOME...

But it wasn't the way she'd envisioned her return. And though all she wanted was to be alone, infuriatingly handsome Dr. Jake Dalton--of the enemy Daltons--wouldn't cooperate. And she needed him to, because the walls around her heart were dangerously close to crumbling every time he came near....

Jake had spent most of his life tryi
Published April 1st 2013 by Harlequin Special Edition (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Dancing in the Moonlight, please sign up.

C. I got the Kindle edition as a freebie some time ago, but it is not free at this time, however check your library for it. :]

Ridley
I read about 50 pages in before declaring it a non-starter. The amputee heroine fighting bitterness and grief less than six months removed from her injury I was cool with. The doctor hero bossing her around like he knew what was best for her, and the narrative treating this as if he had the right of it, set off my Get Fucked meter.

Just can't be bothered to read yet another angsty-cripple-shown-the-light-by-able-bodied-caregiver romance. Boring.
Wendy
My research into What's New and Hot in Category Romance continues. This is Book #4, and this is what I'm talkin' about!

This is my favourite of the free e-books thus far. This one is a Silhouette Special Edition. What sets this one apart from the previous three:

- strong heroine, struggling with wounds both emotional and physical (lost part of a leg while serving in Afghanistan, and her fiancé and her confidence as a result), with real relationships with other people, including family members
- st
Pat Amsden
Apr 04, 2011 Pat Amsden rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I really, really liked this romance. Magdalena Cruz is a gutsy heroine returned from war in Afghanistan with an amputated leg and an attitude. Jake Dalton is a small town country doctor who grew up in the town and is now looking after the townspeople. He had a thing for Magdalena Cruz growing up but she wouldn't give him the time of day. Not only that but she blamed his family for her father's death.

The characters are believable and three dimensional. Magadalena or Maggie is trying to get over h
willaful
Feb 03, 2011 willaful rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of tender, devoted romance heroes
More realism and less drama than I usually go for in category romance, but I liked it for being a little different, featuring a heroine who is a wounded, handicapped and traumatized soldier.

Magdelana Cruz returns home after losing part of her leg and her fiance, afraid of resuming anything like a normal life yet bitterly resenting any attempts to help her. Nonetheless Jake, a warm and dedicated doctor, can't seem to resist trying to take care of Maggie, despite the hatred she's felt towards his
Steamywindows♥♫
What I liked: the theme of a female soldier, injured in Afghanistan is very contemporary, add the love of the fellow who became a doctor, but always loved her from afar (well they were neighbours growing up - so not so far). He never did anything about it because she had a long standing animosity for his family which indiscriminately included him.

Now here is what I didn't like: the fact that the heroine held onto this dislike bordering on hatred for years without ever questioning the facts she b
Deborah Obida
Mar 14, 2017 Deborah Obida rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, harlequin
I did not like this book at all. This book is by far my worst harlequin read. It was a fast read but the characters are so shallow.
Paige
Dec 31, 2011 Paige rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own, 2011-books, nook
I've never read a book quite like this one before and I was very touched by the pain, love, and growth that both Jake Dalton and Magdalena "Maggie" Cruz went through.

For 5 months First Lieutenant Maggie Cruz has been in the best Army hospital under going rehabilitation for her prosthetic leg she lost during an explosion. Now she's attempting to surprise her mom by coming home, but her plan was side swept when her tire blew out.

Which is where Jake Dalton comes into the picture. On the way home
Rabbit {Paint me like one of your 19th century gothic heroines!}
Kelly
Jun 08, 2012 Kelly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This isn't a great book, but it isn't an awful book, either. Let me start by listing what I liked about the book.
- Magdalena Cruz, the heroine, is a former army nurse who lost part of a leg in Afghanistan. I liked the concept of a strong female character, and I liked the fact that she isn't magically healed. She struggles with her amputation, both emotionally and physically.
- Jake Dalton, the hero. Oh, how I loved him! He's the only doctor for a 30 mile radius, and his compassion and kindness wi
Gennie Gee
Sweet :)

I read this a few years ago and thought it was good. I re-read it because I wanted to read the whole series. What amazes me is that even though this book was written about a decade ago, it still rings true and could happen today. There are so many coming home broken from war. I wish all could "heal" as Maggie did with Jake's love!
Hilcia
Dr. Jake Dalton is part of the ranching family of the Cold Creek Daltons. He and his two brothers, Wade and Seth, survived their childhood with their tough and dishonest father, Hank. They have all built lives they can be proud of and none more than Jake, who is now the dedicated and hardworking sole physician in Pine Gulch. Despite all these accomplishments, Jake is a lonely man who spends his days working long hours and takes little time for himself.

Maggie Cruz is home. After a tour of duty in
Marianne
Confession - I only read this because I found it when I was browsing the free Kindle books on Amazon and as I was waiting for another book to be delivered it seemed like an easy way to kill a couple of days instead of starting something a bit more time consuming. Besides, if nothing else I could mock it afterwards, right? More fool me because I actually really, really enjoyed this.

I've come to the conclusion that I'm a bit of a book snob sometimes. I look down my nose at Silhouette and M&B b
LaFleurBleue
More like 2.5 stars
There were some things I liked. The little town seemed quite real, some of the secondary characters seemed to have potential. Maggie's mother cut a strong figure, except for the stupid way she handled her big secret and tried to hide it from her daughter (view spoiler)
Nicola
Nov 13, 2011 Nicola rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011-books
Sorry. Another sappy Sunday afternoon read. Another free Harlequin. (I just cannot resist the word free. I think I have only a few more downloaded!)
Not really impressed with this one. Ya, it kept me entertained. Ya, the story was sappy, sweet, and romantic - everything a romance book should be. However, I could not get over Maggie feeling so sorry for herself. Sure it was tough to lose her dad at a young age, but she admitted to having a fabulous mom and uncle to help her through it. I am sure i
SheLove2Read
This is a story about a nurse who is wounded while on military duty in Afghanistan, and her struggle to adjust to "normal" when she gets back stateside. She has lost her leg below the knee and has a prosthesis. She is stubborn yet has a "who would want a cripple" streak to her. Her longtime neighbor/enemy - coincidentally a doctor - longs to get closer to her as he's always desired her.

Parts of it were really good but parts also dragged. I really wanted to see how their relationship was resolve
Karla
Mar 10, 2011 Karla rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Got this as a freebie and it was pretty good. Just a sweet story about a returning soldier who comes home to recover from a devastating injury she received while serving in Afghanistan. Loved Dr. Jake, her childhood friend, who helps her to realize how much she has to live for. The first book in the series was ok, about Wade the oldest brother. This one was better, and I think I will be reading get Seth's book, Dalton's Undoing. He's the family playboy, and his story should prove to be a fun one ...more
Booklover
I really liked the book,it was realistic and quick n simple story,easy to read

Jack and Maggie both are great characters,Maggie has went through a lot and now she has returned but she has this nightmares and is finding it difficult to make adjustment after the amputation but she is trying at same time there is Jack who always loved Maggie,he is always there for her and supports her

Maggie is conflicted with her loyalty towards her father but then her mother makes her see the truth and reveals quie
Janet
Aug 03, 2011 Janet rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a gut wrenching story. Army Lieutenant who looses part of her leg to a bomb in Afghanistan. Had her fiancee look at her with such pity and revulsion at Walter Reed hospital when he comes to see her the relationship is called quits. This story shows the strength one needs to get past the fears the war and the disabilities one might have to face but still have the courage to find love and happiness and most of all contentment and want to finish living there life to the fullest.Very good re ...more
Julie (Manga Maniac Cafe)

I really enjoyed this. The wounded heroine was so wounded, both emotionally and physically. Jake was a patient hero as he helped accept both her past, her present, and her future.
Zee Monodee
Loved the very flowing voice of RaeAnne Thayne, and fell in love with Jake. Good book to whittle an afternoon with
Marcia  Haskell
Jun 13, 2017 Marcia Haskell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Retreating from the world doesn't always work.

A nurse is injured while serving in Afghanistan and her leg is amputated below the knee. When her physician fiancé responds with revulsion, she feels as if she is damaged and repulsive. Her decision to return to her childhood home was made to permit her to retreat from interacting with other people. She had been hurt enough.

Her childhood friend had become a doctor and he was not willing to permit her to retreat from life. As they try to get over the
Mary Banwart
May 04, 2017 Mary Banwart rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nice story

I enjoyed the love story, but I truly loved the way the characters dealt with the complications of a serious disability.
Val
May 29, 2017 Val rated it it was amazing
By far the best in the series so far. I loved the characters. Can't wait to read the rest of the books!
Sherry M. White
Jun 21, 2017 Sherry M. White rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Heros return

Shows strength and courage in adkistimg tp,th
Loss of a limb. A
Lspo in facomg the people in the cpm,imitu

Pam Higgins
Feb 27, 2017 Pam Higgins rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful!!!

I love books that make you feel like your part of the story! Sad to see it end but anxious to read the next one in the series!!!!
Patrice
Lt. Magdalena Cruz returns home to her family’s ranch and her mother, in Pine Gulch, Idaho to hopefully hide away from the ugly truth and lick her wounds, literally and figuratively, after surviving the amputation of her left leg, just below the knee. Lt. Cruz has been in the army reserves in Afghanistan when she was injured. She wants nothing more than to be left alone. Of course, she never counted on seeing one of the “arrogant” (her words, not mine) Dalton’s, their neighboring ranchers, as s ...more
Gwnhwyfer
"You're in my blood, my skin, my bones. I go to bed wanting you, I wake up wanting you, I spend most of the damn day wanting you. But I'm not going to beg."

He glazed at her for several moments more, then he sighed. "Aw hell. Yes, I am.
" (Sigh)

I had downloaded RaeAnne Thayne's "Dancing in the moonlight" last January (almost to the day I finally read it!) from the Harlequin eBook store. I was trying out the site for the first time and it was free. But for whatever reason, I never got around to rea
Victoria Hess
If you are into romance, or you just need a break from heavy reading, this book is for you. After all, how many silly little books are set with a view of the Tetons, especially from the back side. (Note, I live in view of the Tetons.)

The male romantic interest, Dr. Dalton, is a sole practitioner in a small town about 45 minutes from IF, where he seems to spend a fair amount of time delivering babies and checking up on patients. He is the son of a major cattle rancher in this small town of about
Estara
Jan 17, 2012 Estara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of contemporary romance with physically handicapped heroines set in small towns
Shelves: ebook, read-in-2012
Kimberly
  • Once a Cowboy (The Cowboys, #3)
  • Snowbound
  • Stranded with a Spy (Code Name: Danger #11)
  • The Bride's Baby
  • Speed Dating
  • Baby Bonanza (Billionaires and Babies, #2)
  • Slow Hands
  • Crime Scene At Cardwell Ranch (Cardwell Ranch #1)
  • Kiss Me Deadly (Bewitch the Dark #2)
  • Homespun Bride (The McKaslin Clan Historical #2)
  • A Very Special Delivery
  • His Lady Mistress
  • Price of Passion
  • Irresistible Forces (Forged of Steele, #5)
  • Hide in Plain Sight (The Three Sisters Inn, #1)
  • Passion to Die For
  • The Brass Bed (Jewel Heiss #1)
  • Emergency: Wife Lost and Found
I'm not one of those people who knew from birth she was destined to become a writer. I always loved to read and throughout my childhood I could usually be found with a book in my hands. To the disgust of my friends, I even enjoyed creative writing assignments that made them all groan. But I had other dreams besides writing. I wanted to be an actress or a teacher or a lawyer.

Life took a different t
More about RaeAnne Thayne...

Cowboys of Cold Creek (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Light The Stars (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #1)
  • Dalton's Undoing (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #3)
  • The Cowboy's Christmas Miracle (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #4)
  • A Cold Creek Homecoming (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #5)
  • A Cold Creek Holiday (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #6)
  • A Cold Creek Secret (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #7)
  • A Cold Creek Baby (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #8)
  • Christmas in Cold Creek (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #9)
  • A Cold Creek Reunion (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #10)
  • A Cold Creek Noel (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #11)

“Haven’t I proved to you yet that I don’t give a damn about your missing parts?” 5 likes
“Chapter Thirteen Chapter Fourteen Chapter Fifteen Epilogue Chapter One” 2 likes