Start by marking “Enchanted: Erotic Bedtime Stories for Women” as Want to Read:
Enchanted: Erotic Bedt...

Nancy Madore

Enchanted: Erotic Bedtime Stories for Women

3.44  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,668 Ratings  ·  131 Reviews
Allow yourself to be drawn into a fantasy world like no other...where a beautiful princess is seduced into a love triangle with a handsome prince and her winsome maid...where a mysterious gentleman's young bride is deliciously disciplined for her unchecked curiosity...where a naive daughter is married off to a beast of a man whose carnal appetites awaken her budding desire ...more
Published May 15th 2012 by Spice (first published November 28th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Enchanted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Enchanted

Jasmin
Warning: This review is PG-13 or rather R-18.

This is a serious collection of all my favorite fairy tales gone naughty and bad.

What have I learned?
1. Size matters over performance. (Beauty and the Beast)
2. When your husband asks you to not enter a room, do not enter it. It is just a room full of kinky sex stuff. If you still decide to enter, face the consequences of being punished in the same room. (Bluebeard)
3. Never challenge a cat you are attracted to. You are most definitely to lose and end
Shannon (Giraffe Days)
From "Beauty and the Beast" to "The Goose Girl", "Bluebeard" to "East of the Sun and West of the Moon", Madore has rewritten some classic fairy tales to capture and express some of the most popular sexual fantasies women have.

Written simply and tastefully, there is an ulterior motive at work - one that comes across more strongly in some stories than others. As Madore says herself in her foreword,
"It is my belief that to empower women sexually (or in any other part of their life, for that matter)
Stealthilicious Stacie
It tried so hard to be sexy that it was hilarious.
Gokce ~Muslin Myst~
I got this as a bargain from amazon and despite its low price I happened to like it a lot. The book takes old fairy tales and give them an erotic twist. I thought this was a good idea, a nice way of reading the old fairy tales, something for the woman in all of us.

Even though I didn't like all of the stories -based only on the type of twist they had- I found myself really liking this. Who wouldn't love the "Beauty" from "The Beauty and the Beast" to miss her beast? Or Snow White finding her happ
Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship}
In some ways Enchanted isn’t too different from The Bloody Chamber by Angela Carter – reworked fairy tales with an adult and somewhat feminist twist with a background commentary on gender roles (i.e. wife, career woman, princess, maid etc).

If I had stopped reading at the end of Mrs Fox I would have given Enchanted four stars due to the simply written and tastefully woven tales with clever and sometimes amusing twists. Lessons learned were truly learned rather than lectured on as they were in th
Sovotchka
First thins first, if you're reading this book story by story for the sole purpose of spicing up your love life a little, maybe by reading this out loud to your bed companion, "Enchanted" works quite well.

That being said, there are a lot of things you could read or do instead, that would have the same or even a better effect.
Since this is a book however, there is the point of the writing. And that is not all that convincing.
With some stories, Nancy Madore tries to create a real world with rea
Joanne
Dec 23, 2010 Joanne rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I liked some of the stories in this book. Some weren't very good. I also don't know if I would classify them as erotic. There are some situations that would be considered more erotic than a basic romance but the author uses very mild, almost 'Harlequinesque' language which, in my opinion, swings it back to just romance.
Sharon
Oct 24, 2008 Sharon rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica-romance
Interesting twists on the fairy tales - especially when it contradicts the current ones. I have to say some of the stories are not that erotic in terms of steamy scenes. The ideas and suggestions may be erotic, but most of the scenes aren't hot enough to be good erotica for me! I'm greedy, I know ;)
Irene
Mar 17, 2010 Irene rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Kind of boring actually. If you like "this kind of stuff" go to the Victorian bookshelf....hint hint.
Alexa Steierlein
Love the stories! And yes I got some great idea what to play with my boyfriend ;-)
♥Xeni♥
I think what I loved most about this book was less the erotic appeal but rather more that it was about cherishing what it means to be a woman.

The author found so much more truth in these classic fairy tales than the brothers Grimm seemed to have done. Albeit, it's all based on a woman's point of view, but since we're the half of our race that's pushed down and beaten and subdued overtly, I think it's definitely more than fair play.

I was really looking forward to each and every tale. Mainly to
Caroline
Dec 16, 2012 Caroline rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really haven't finished reading it though so far my favorite would be Cinderella, Cat & Mouse and Beauty and the Beast :) so far everything's good and sizzling and sometimes kinky and impossible(like the sex in Cat and Mouse) but of course it is a 'fairy tale' and suppose to be based on fantasies but then I wouldn't view it as if it's for children's bedtime stories anymore lol and it DEFINITELY CHANGED MY VIEW ON MY FAVORITE FAIRY TALES I have to remember to choose a different bedtime st ...more
Phaedra
Jan 03, 2013 Phaedra rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nook, 2013
I like fairy tales. I like it when people mess with fairy tales. I'm wary of things dubbed 'erotic' because if it has to tell me it's erotic, it probably isn't. Once again, I was proven correct in my theory because there wasn't anything in this that caught my fancy. There are some stories I feel are supposed to be shocking in what women enjoy sexually, but it came off flat and sometimes sanctimonious. I might be jaded from my time in fanfic. I think the author wanted these stories to sizzle with ...more
Very positive, steamy stories for women. At times the feminist soap-box overshadows the story. The stories are mainly re-tellings of fairy tales with a semi-erotic spin. A quick read. Some stories are better then others. This book tries to be empowering, romantic & sexy; so if that is what you are looking for this is a perfect find.
Mariah
Aug 12, 2015 Mariah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An amazing collection of fairy tales for adults. I liked the interesting twists taken by the stories. My favorites were Snow White as well as the Empress' New Clothes. They gave me some real new insight as to how these childhood favorites can be interpreted. I also liked how all the stories empowered women instead of belittling them.

Also, I know this review is short but I want to give nothing away. This book is worth that freshness of looking at beloved stories with new eyes and new, unbiased m
Anita
Jun 24, 2014 Anita rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Out of my komfort zone - I know, I see - Its not my type.. But it wasnt bad :) Favourite: I loved the last story!

----

Egyhuzamban olvashatatlannak minősült, bár úgyis egy estére egy mese a megszokott. Sokfélék a történetek, mert volt unalmas, izgalmas, komoly témájú, idegesítő, röhejes és simán rossz is köztük. Az a baj, ha állatnevet láttam, akkor állatokkal vizionáltam magam elé és néha fel-felröhögtem emiatt – az meg ritkán erotikus, ha vinnyogva röhög a nő.

A 3,5 csillag nálam az egynek elment
Abigail
la bella y la bestia asi como blanca nieves nunca sera lo mismo para mi
Cristina Garcia
Really it was a 3.5 because there were some concepts/stories that I really liked. On the other hand, I felt that the "adult/feminist" parts could have been woven into the story better. While I love the ideas, some parts just felt tedious to read...

Also, I have mixed feelings as to the "erotic" part... maybe it was just my inner writer screaming for a little more detail. Source for ideas, I'd say.
Elizabeth(The Book Whisperer)
Well, what should I say about this book? Erotica is not normally my thing, but this one was okay. The retelling of the fairy tales were really clever, the Beauty And The Beast one being my favorite. The sex scenes tended to be a bit redundant at times, but still very entertaining.
Christie
Mar 26, 2009 Christie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romantica, 2009-read
Could not get past her writing style and did not enjoy this one at all. The allegory left me feeling flat and the sex was not, and I mean NOT, engaging. I do not recommend this for anyone, especially if you are looking for sex scenes that jump start your libido.
Vanessa Wu
I couldn't decide whether to give this two stars or three.

The stories were not bad. But they didn't turn me on. If an erotic story doesn't turn me on, it should at least be interesting.

Is it asking too much to want some sensual language as well?
La Petite Mort
‘Enchanted’ is a compilation of erotic fairy tales. Each classic story is a retold with a focus on eroticism. With 13 short stories there is a little something for everyone. A couple of the more unique retellings were ‘Goldilocks and the Three Barons’ and ‘The Empress’ New Clothes’. As is apparent in the title ‘Goldilocks and the Three Barons’ puts a group play twist on the original story, while ‘The Empress’ New Clothes’ is a story about a bored Empress pushing the limits of social norms and ex ...more
Carly
Well known fairytales with erotic twists and little bit of female empowerment. Some of the stories are better than others but overall a quick entertaining read.
Arianny (BehindtheStacks)
This was a funny read! I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Minna
Quick easy read. The short stories tried to be erotic romance but, as another reviewer has pointed out, the language was so mild and camouflaging that despite their subject material they ended up being a little lukewarm.

Most of the stories were enjoyable but a couple were very preach-y on women's self-image topics. This is fine - great even - but it sure does pull you right out of the (mildly) erotic story. I did enjoy a few of the stories particularly but again, overall I didn't find many of t
Beauty567
May 28, 2013 Beauty567 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
it was good
Jacinta Hoare
Feb 11, 2009 Jacinta Hoare rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
just silly
Tiffany
Feb 17, 2010 Tiffany rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Spicy short stories.

This book is a collection of short stories, all from a fairy tale or bedtime story. There’s Snow white, Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella etc. Though these are no normal stories, they are brought to life by Nancy Madore in an erotic matter. The women are not the damsel in distress they seem to be in the stories we all know. She brings the women to new heights, making them powerful.

Even the bad guys get their own story. The evil Step mother from Snow white has her own story cal
Alexandra Rolo
Dec 26, 2011 Alexandra Rolo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Todos conhecemos contos de fada e estamos habituados a vê-los sempre da mesma forma (que normalmente é a da Disney), mas provavelmente, nunca as vimos sob o ponto de vista erótico.
Nancy Madore apresenta-nos um conjunto de contos eróticos baseados nas histórias que conhecemos desde pequenos.
Desde a saudade que Bela sente do seu outrora Monstro, passando pelos momentos de BDSM de Barba-Azul, a frustração sexual de Cinderella e orgias com a Branca de Neve são poucos ou nenhuns os gostos e fantasias
Amanda
Jun 11, 2012 Amanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enchanted: Erotic Bedtime Stories for Women is a collection of fairy tales retold in a very naughty way. You have Cinderella, Goldilocks, The Ugly Duckling, and many more. If you’re looking for short stories filled with sexy magical enchantment, then this is an excellent read for you.

What I really loved about this book was that not only was the collection clever and witty, it was also surprisingly innovative and original. I was pleasantly surprised. The author didn’t simply copy and paste classi
Steamy Reads: How incredibly awesome was this month's book selection?! 1 2 Feb 07, 2014 01:11PM
Hmmm 2 28 May 01, 2012 08:40AM
  • Bedtime Stories: A Collection of Erotic Fairy Tales
  • Bitten: Dark Erotic Stories
  • House of Dark Delights (Hidden Grotto, #1)
  • Erotic Fairy Tales: A Romp through the Classics
  • Unmasqued: An Erotic Novel of The Phantom of The Opera (Seducing the Classics, #1)
  • Enslave: Beauty Tames the Beast
  • Carrie's Story: An Erotic S/M Novel (Carrie’s Story #1)
  • Voyeur
  • Slave to Love: Erotic Stories of Bondage and Desire
  • Mama's Boy and Other Dark Tales
  • Parlor Games
  • The Marketplace (The Marketplace, #1)
  • Secrets: Volume 1
  • He's on Top: Erotic Stories of Male Dominance and Female Submission
  • How It Ended: New and Collected Stories
  • Secrets: Volume 4
  • Fairy Tale Lust: Erotic Fantasies for Women
  • Strange Attractions
Nancy Madore achieved enormous critical acclaim with her ENCHANTED series, which includes ENCHANTED, ENCHANTED AGAIN and ENCHANTED DREAMS.

Now, following her life-long interest in ancient history and mythology, Nancy Madore is launching a new series in the historical and science/speculative fiction genres, called LEGACY OF THE WATCHERS. So far, the series includes THE HIDDEN ONES and POWER OF GODS.
More about Nancy Madore...

“Feminism will be just as oppressive to women as the media if it compels us to change who we are. The ends will not justify the means. It is like a corset that, although originally intended to make us feel good, about ourselves, has been pulled so tight that we are not left with enough room to breathe. Feminism often seems to be looking down its nose at us these days, as it militantly tells us how to behave- focusing on appearances according to a male dominated society. Have they forgotten that it is the societal viewpoint which needs to be changed? Somewhere along the line this movement got off track.

After all, we are constantly being told how to look, how to age, how to eat, how to act. Can't we at least think what we want?”
1 likes
“For it is a fact that men must ejaculate in order to reproduce (although science may soon remove this necessity.) Women, on the other hand, do not need to achieve orgasm to reproduce. Men, therefore, have the clear advantage here, in that most of them find it very easy work to achieve sexual satisfaction.” 0 likes