The Taste of Night (Dangerous Girls, #2)

The Taste of Night (Dangerous Girls #2)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  1,006 ratings  ·  52 reviews
Destiny Weller and her twin sister, Livvy, were as close as two sisters could be-until Livvy chose to become a vampire, leaving Destiny behind. Now Destiny will do anything to bring Livvy back to the family. But in Livvy's world of endless darkness, she knows there is only one way she and Destiny can be reunited -- Destiny must become a vampire too. . . .

Which sister will...more
Published July 26th 2005 by Avon Books (first published August 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Taste of Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Taste of Night

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. RowlingThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsVampire Academy by Richelle MeadSwitch! The Lost Kingdoms of Karibu by Karen  PrinceCity of Glass by Cassandra Clare
Best Books Ever.... Young Adult
188th out of 383 books — 457 voters
The Help by Kathryn StockettThe Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan BradleyView Points and Points of View by Clive BlakeCutting for Stone by Abraham VergheseLet the Great World Spin by Colum McCann
Beautiful Books for Summer 2009
42nd out of 84 books — 78 voters

More lists with this book...

Mikko Peralta
Some very major inconsistencies:

1. Livvy and Destiny were not identical twins yet one is continuously mistaken for the other;
2. The death of Ross sparked Livvy's anger towards Destiny, with the former vowing to avenge, even til death, yet Livvy seems enthralled by Patrick's dimples and would also want to kill for Patrick. Makes you wonder if the feelings towards Ross were genuine or not... Or maybe just an inconsistency;
3. Ross and the other vampire girl died with stakes in their hearts with the...more
April
Mkay, so this book was an improvement from predecessor (which was really quite good to begin with). I felt that the themes were a little more mature and the writing was geared a bit more towards Stine's older (read: teenaged) audience.
That being said, there were a few inconsistencies I'd've liked Stine to explain. Those that were prevalent:
1.) the sudden appearance of clothing/lack thereof (from the novel) during the transformation scenes
2.) certain vampires crumbling to ash after being killed,...more
Mayra Martinez
In the sequel to Dangerous Girls, R.L. Stine continues this vampiric adventure with the two blonde twins, Levvy and Destiny. Levvy is still a vampire since the end o the first book but Destiny was able to be cured by her father to become a mortal once again. Now Destiny, her dad, and her brother Mikey must move on with their life knowing that Livvy won't return home after becoming a creature of the niht with her "boyfriend", Ross. Ever since the twins' father lost his wife to a vampire, he has d...more
Andrea Vazquez
this is an amezing book too. is the next part of dangerous girl and in this book livvy is a vampire and she loves ross but he wants to go back to his old life. desteny and her family are strugguling after livvy left and specially miky he acts like he is a vampire and he thinks that he sees them. desteny went to a club with ari her boyfriend but because she can't stop thinking of livvy ari gets mad and starts dancing another chick adn she is a vampire friend of livvy.when desteny left she finds l...more
Marta
Jun 10, 2009 Marta rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: yes
Shelves: 10th-grade
Its been a couple of months, since Livvy and Ross went of together to become vampires. Though it seems like Livvy's life has fell apart now that her sister is gone. Her dad always comes home late because he is trying to find a cure for Livvy and her brother, Mike shut himself down and he stays up in his room pretending he is a vampire. Then Destiny meet Harrison, a boy who is nice a sweet and he really likes Destiny. Then theres is Livvy. She lives in an abandoned house full of vampires. She als...more
Katrina Knittle
This was a decent sequel to the first book. By the end of this book I sort of hoped for another. I felt like I had a few questions left unanwsered. The characters in this book were all likable. I loved how the book was centered on twins and vampires. The things that are reveiled are definitely worth the read.
Carson
I never knew there was a sequal untill later on. The majority of the book was pretty awesome. I mean vampires is starting to become a repetitive subject now. Other than that, it is a great sequal to Dangerous Girls. I have to say though, the first book is better. It is quite different from other vampire books. To me, the ending leaves you thinking which is both good and bad. The good thing is that it didn't have a happy ending, and it was a little twist. The bad part was that you do have a few m...more
Katrina
I decide to reread the series a few days ago. This is one of my favorite books that has to deal with vampires. I just loved how the two book series went and how it didn't drag on. I wish it would have been made in a longer series but I deny to complain. It's a good book to read if you are starting off in the vampire genre territory. It's basically about twins and how they become vampires or one does and the other does later on. I won't say much more cause it will definitely spoil things. But it...more
Jue Li
Nov 26, 2012 Jue Li is currently reading it
This book was wonderful from start and it never got boring. This book keeps you reading. I have not yet to find a part where i thought it was boring. I recommand this meaning for girls just because the main character is a girl but i think if u like vampires then its great for you. Ive not read much books on vampires but this book got me hooked just by the first page or two. Its pretty easy to read and understand. I rate it 4 star just cause i think im sure theres a book i would love even more th...more
Anya
loved it! Amazing!
Alysha Speer
When I read the first book, I figured I'd never read the sequel because I didn't think I would ever find it. Needless to say, I found it. . .And loved it!
Livvy is a vampire now, and Destiny misses her twin very much. Mikey (their little brother) is just torn apart, and starts to do strange things.
With unexpected deaths, both girls come to hate each other. Then, near the very end, they are brought together by one shared need: each other.
I loved it as much as the first book, maybe more!!!
Drucilla
I said in my review for Dangerous Girls that it didn't need a sequel and I stand by my statement. This book was bad. Characters turn into whiny hypocrites. The book seems to forget that Destiny and Livvy aren't identical twins and has people mistaking them for one another. And if Livvy really wanted to live her own life and get away from her family...WHY DID SHE STAY IN HER HOMETOWN AND WHY DID NO ONE EVER RECOGNIZE HER WHEN SHE WENT OUT!?!?!?!?!?!
James
i picked this book up for free, thinking (mistakenly) that it would at least be an amusing way to relive my younger days of reading goosebumps books by bedside table-light, but instead, this was just terrible.

it was repetitive, cliched, pandering, and very, very clearly an attempt to cash in on the whole twilight craze. there is a way to write for young adults and teens without dumbing your content down. this is not it.
Jayne
I didn't like this book very much. The story and character personalities change immensely since the first book! They were always talking about getting trashed and they were always going to clubs and drinking beers. This book wasn't for me. But it was scarier than the first book, and that's what I was looking for, but I don't really recommend this book to people.
Katrina Knittle
This book was a decent follow up to the first book. I remember when I found out ther was a sequel to Dangerous Girls I was super excited and needed to get my hands on it. Like the first book this one keeps you reading and reading till the end. The twists and turns I was not expecting. A good read.
Makxx
the plot was awesome. the reason i didnt give this story a five star is because the vampires in this story can turn into bat -.-
Emily
I thought this was a great conclusion to the story of the sisters. It was well written and geared toward teens in every way. Stine always has a decent plot line that goes by quickly, leaving readers turning pages as fast as they can.
Chloe Wiccith
This sequel was even better than the first. DATTON was gripping and thrilling and made you want more. The ending was eerie and exciting and these action packed books are sure to thrill any reader.
Highly recommended.
Ashley
Actual Rating: 3 1/2 stars
This one seemed... darker. Had a better ending than I expected. Looking forward to reading more of R.L. Stine's "newer" teen books if I stumble across them.
Tara
Really disapointing, the first was so good with so much potential, but the sequel? Not so much! It was mostley Destiny moaning about Livvy and Livvy moaning about Destiny
Ginnielee
A long time since I read this book I but defintley remember loving it. The second book is better than the first in my opnion.
Abbi
Oct 14, 2010 Abbi added it
This is a spicy novel about vampires. Hiding. It's very intense and nerve racking. Possibly the best book ever. Enjoyy.!
Yadira Cruz
two twins and one of them is a vampire and the other twin who is trying to find a cure for her sister to be normal again...
Kivernia Joseph
Great Book but it left me with a cliff hanger, were is the third part? Can anyone suggest where i can get the third part if any?
Stacey
Ditto to my review of the first book in the series. My copy had both books in one. Poorly written and pretty boring overall.
Lia
Nov 27, 2008 Lia rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Lia by: My friend let me borrow the first book and I fell in love with i
I liked this book. I liked the first one a bit better but I liked that the sister came back for a little while.
Eva-chan
Ooops. I read this one without knowing there was a first, so I was a liiiittle confused... I still liked it, though.
Taty12
i loved it except for the cliff hanger ending, and so far i haven't heard of a 3rd book...
wolf spirit
THat even caught between two different worlds we learn that love of a family is the best answer.
Evelyn Collazo
Sep 21, 2011 Evelyn Collazo is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
so far the book is very intresting,and i can't wait to read what happends to destiny in the book.
  • Thicker Than Water
  • Sara's Face
  • The House Next Door
  • Millennium Snow, Vol. 2 (Millennium Snow, #2)
  • French Kiss (Alexa & Holly, #2)
  • Underworld (Underworld, #1)
  • The Secret Treasons
  • The Beasties
  • Glasses for D.W. (Step-Into-Reading, Step 3)
  • The Haunting
  • Pick Me Up
  • Vampire High: Sophomore Year
  • The Little Vampire Moves In
  • Little Vampire In Love (Hippo Fiction)
  • Dark Matter Heart (Cor Griffin Bloodsuckers, #1)
  • Legacy (Vampire Beach, #4)
  • Bitter Rivals (Sweet Valley High, #29)
  • The Last Vampire: Collector's Edition Volume 1 (The Last Vampire, #1-3)

R. L. Stine b...more
More about R.L. Stine...
Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1) Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7) Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4) The Haunted Mask (Goosebumps, #11) One Day at Horrorland (Goosebumps, #16)