Blank-133x176
Don't Scream

Wendy Corsi Staub

Don't Scream

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  1,075 ratings  ·  84 reviews
Don't Tell A Soul. . . In a remote, heavily wooded area near the Berkshires of Massachusetts, Rachel Lorant died on her birthday. But she didn't die alone. That night, her four sorority sisters make a solemn, trembling pledge. They will never reveal what has just happened in those woods--ever. Instead, they will take their terrible secret to their graves. . .

Don't Think Ab...more
Published May 1st 2007 by Zebra Books (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Don't Scream, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Don't Scream

Terri Lynn
This was thrilling. One night 10 years ago, 5 sorority sisters went into the woods behind their college to have a drink to celebrate the birthday of one of them- Rachel. Rachel had been markedly upset at the birthday party at her sorority house and they hoped to cheer her up by giving her a depressant drug in the form of alcohol? Yep, that's college girl logic for you.

An oddity about the college is that students were assigned to rooms in the sorority house based on birth month. Rachel's birthda...more
Georgiann Hennelly
Rachel Lorant died on her birthday. In a remote , heavily wooded area of Massachusetts. She didn,t die alone four if her sority sisters where there. They made a solemn pledge. They will never reveal what happened in those woods. They,ll take the secret to their graves. Now ten years later, their secret is coming back to haunt them each recieves a birthday card Happy Birthday xoxoR. It,s clear someone knows what happened that night. Someone is stalking them and sending , chilling mysterious gifts...more
Julie
Staub has great plotlines...but toooo many characters!! Why does she make most of the heroine's children bratty and spoiled? Brynn was irritating from the first page with no backbone. And what is with the pregnancy-hormone thing? "I must have imagined it because of the hormones..." or "I must be hearing things b/c of..." or "I ate a whole jar of nuts and don't remember. Must be the hormones!"

Like I said, great ideas with shocking twists and turns. Ending is too wham-bam, though. Do not consider...more
Katrina
I grew up with mystery novels like the suspenseful Agatha Christie and the suspenseful Mary Higgins Clark, so when my mom recommended "Don't Scream" but an author I had yet to hear of, I was skeptical. I was captivated by the very first chapter and literally couldn't put this book down. Staub has a true gift for storytelling, unique plot developments and cliffhanger chapters. Usually I know "whodunit" by the first chapter of most books...however, I literally was guessing until the climactic page...more
Tonya
The quote on the cover says, "If you like Mary Higgins Clark, you'll love Wendy Corsi Staub."
-Lisa Jackson

Well, I do love Mary Higgins Clark, especially her earlier novels! I "cut my 'reading' teeth" on her, so to speak. Through the years, I continued to read MHC's books, but my reading taste evolved a bit, partly because after years of MHC, she seemed to become more and more predictable. So, after seeing that quote, I was a little skeptical of this book... I am so glad I continued on anyway!!

I...more
Lil Black Riding Hood
Really good book, I liked how it was written, the twist and the ending, a lot.
It gave the right quantity of suspense I was expecting.
Nicole Smith
This one kept me turning pages - and kept me thinking about it when I wasn't reading.

I appreciated the conversation about what really matters in life. It made me think about other conversations around setting priorities and building patterns now that will allow me to have balance in my life/ with my family.

Kate Larkin
Another masterpiece from Staub; me being a sorority girl myself, I completely relate to solemn paths (none of mine have to do with homicide of course) but I understood the aspects she discussed. My only criticism (and it may have been my Nook's fault) was the separation of points-of-view. It was a little sloppy; one minute it was Cassie and literally the very next sentence was Fee. Like I said, it might be technology's fault, I'm just putting it out there. Her descriptive characters are one of t...more
Suzanne
Louise
Staub gets better and better with each book. This one kept me on the edge of my seat and guessing right to the end. Wow! What a read.

From back cover:

"Don't tell a soul...In a remote, heavily wooded area near the Berkshires of Massachusetts, Rachel Lorant died on her birthday. But she didn't die alone. That night, her four sorority sisters make a solemn, trembling pledge. They will never reveal what has just happened in those woods - ever. Instead, they will take their terrible secret to their gr...more
Suzanne
Apr 19, 2011 Suzanne rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ones who enjoy mystery/thrillers
I was gonna give this book 4 stars until I remembered that it was VERY SLOW in the beginning.

5 sorority sisters go to to celebrate one of their birthdays. Rachel gets very drunk and falls down a mountain to her death. The rest of the sisters leave her there and don't report it to the police. A few days later, Rachel is considered missing. Where did her body go????????

Fast forward 10 years. It's her thirtieth birthday and the rest of the sisters as well. Someone is killing them all on their birt...more
Alyson
Nov 18, 2008 Alyson rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Gretchen
Recommended to Alyson by: Brett
excellent!
this is a book about four sorority sisters who all shared a secret about another sister's death ten years earlier. one-by-one the women are killed on their thirtieth birthdays. which means someone knows their secret from the past and is out for revenge.
during my reading i kept coming up with suspects who all turned out to be innocent. (some detective i would be!) it had a twist ending, as murder mysteries usually do, and i was shocked at who dunnit!!
i was given this book a while back a...more
Crystal
I'm a huge fan of Corsi Staub, and this is my favorite novel by her to date. The character development was fantastic and the plot was well thought out. I felt emotionally invested in the story, and I still do long after finishing the novel.
Patricia
This book reminded me of Pretty Little Liars, except the Liars were adults and we found A much faster! Of the two twists at the end, one you see coming a mile away, but it's still a good ending.
Kristen
It's been two years, since I last read a WCS novel. And they keep getting better. This one is set in Massachusetts, when four sorority sisters, ten years ago, watched their friend die and didn't do anything to save her. Ten years later, a targeted killer is after them to kill them on their birthday, one week at a time. Brynn, a stay at home mom who's wary of her husband who has a secret, Matilda, a famous socialite having an affair, Fiona, a single working mom and a crazed ex-husband, and Cassie...more
Ashley
Actual Rating: 2 1/2 stars.
I just didn't care about any of the characters. They were all unlikeable and there was no twist... saw it coming a mile away. :/
Shannon
This was a good book. It seemed a little long at times, not because of any defect in the author's writing, but I hesitated picking it back up, knowing that it would feel rather dark and depressing until everything resolved itself in the end. Typical for a novel about a serial killer. But I always got sucked right back in. The writing was solid, and the characters were fleshed out. You not only got into the head of the main character Brynn, but other characters (including the killer) as well.
One...more
Danielle
The book is a little long winded at times (particularly before the first kill), but I enjoyed it.
Before the first kill, the writing seemed very immature. It reminded me of how I wrote in middle school. After the kill, things seemed to get better, but maybe that was just because the stakes were raised.
The ending wasn't everything I hoped for. It was a bit strange and was rushed compared to how the rest of the book played out. It felt like her publishing company limited her pages and she ran out...more
The Book Posh
I liked the row of this book. It was very suspenseful and mysterious. I had no idea who the killer was until the very end.
Liz
It was a great plot, but just seemed to drag on a little at the end.
Debra
AWESOME ARTHUR
Allyson Gray
I could not put this book down, I think I read it in a day and a half
Vivisection
Melanie
I just read this while camping - a quick read, but not as good as her books written as Wendy Markham. It had that choppy style a lot of suspense novels tend to use and that got to be sort of annoying, and I felt like the end just came way too far out of left field (though I'm terrible at figuring out endings, so it may be just that I'm a ditz). Either way, I wasn't a huge fan.
Jbradley86 Bradley
I loved this book!! After a tragic accident that kills their friend Rachel, four sorority sisters vow never to tell anyone their secret. Ten years later, they start receiving strange letters from someone who clearly knows what happened that night. Is Rachel alive? Was someone else there that night who saw what happened? It's a riveting book that I could not put down!
Tammy
I found myself a little bored with this book but I still cared enough to want to know what happened in the end. The author really wanted me to feel a certain person was responsible for the murders which automatically made me think it wasn't that person. There were a few twists in the end but I thought they were predictable the further along I was in the book.
Amber
I am very disappointed by this book. I have read several other books by Wendy Corsi Stuab and loved all of them. I didn't like the character development and the beginning of the book was so slow I just couldn't get into it at all. Those who are reading Wendy Corsi Staub for the first time, give her books another chance because her other books are great.
Beth Mast
I struggled at the beginning of this book. It was difficult for me to keep the characters straight. With that being said, once I got into it, I couldn't put it down!
It's been hard for me to read a book that kept my interest for more then a few minutes.
I am so glad that someone loaned this book to me.
I truly enjoyed it.
Kept me guessing the whole time!
Merredith
It's been a while since i've read a good thriller book. I did not guess who was the killer till the very end. This book had me wanting to read it every second i could, and last night, i read for hours, instead of doing everything i should have been doing, and suddenly, it was done! i loved it, it held me in its spell..
  • Most Likely to Die
  • Breakneck (Kitt Lundgren, #2)
  • What She Doesn't Know
  • One Last Scream
  • The Screaming Room
  • Black for Remembrance
  • The Missing (Darby McCormick #1)
Here's my Facebook Author Page: https://www.facebook.com/corsistaub

Follow me on Twitter! https://twitter.com/WendyCorsiStaub

New York Times bestseller Wendy Corsi Staub is the award-winning author of more than seventy-five published novels and has sold more than four million books worldwide. Under her own name, Wendy achieved New York Times bestselling status with her single title psychological sus...more
More about Wendy Corsi Staub...
Awakening (Lily Dale, #1) All The Way Home Kiss Her Goodbye Live to Tell (Live to Tell #1) Believing (Lily Dale, #2)