Start by marking “Don't Scream” as Want to Read:

Wendy Corsi Staub

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  1,336 ratings  ·  99 reviews
Don't Tell A Soul. . .

Don't Think A
Published May 1st 2007 by Zebra (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Don't Scream, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Don't Scream

Mandy Crider
Wendy Corsi Staub is m FAVORITE author! This book makes it even more so! This book had twists and turns and I loved the way the murderer set up the victim's bodies and how it all coincided around birthdays. A great twist at the end! Couldn't put it down. Highly recommend.
Terri Lynn
This was thrilling. One night 10 years ago, 5 sorority sisters went into the woods behind their college to have a drink to celebrate the birthday of one of them- Rachel. Rachel had been markedly upset at the birthday party at her sorority house and they hoped to cheer her up by giving her a depressant drug in the form of alcohol? Yep, that's college girl logic for you.

An oddity about the college is that students were assigned to rooms in the sorority house based on birth month. Rachel's birthda
Georgiann Hennelly
Rachel Lorant died on her birthday. In a remote , heavily wooded area of Massachusetts. She didn,t die alone four if her sority sisters where there. They made a solemn pledge. They will never reveal what happened in those woods. They,ll take the secret to their graves. Now ten years later, their secret is coming back to haunt them each recieves a birthday card Happy Birthday xoxoR. It,s clear someone knows what happened that night. Someone is stalking them and sending , chilling mysterious gifts ...more
Julie
Staub has great plotlines...but toooo many characters!! Why does she make most of the heroine's children bratty and spoiled? Brynn was irritating from the first page with no backbone. And what is with the pregnancy-hormone thing? "I must have imagined it because of the hormones..." or "I must be hearing things b/c of..." or "I ate a whole jar of nuts and don't remember. Must be the hormones!"

Like I said, great ideas with shocking twists and turns. Ending is too wham-bam, though. Do not consider
Katrina
I grew up with mystery novels like the suspenseful Agatha Christie and the suspenseful Mary Higgins Clark, so when my mom recommended "Don't Scream" but an author I had yet to hear of, I was skeptical. I was captivated by the very first chapter and literally couldn't put this book down. Staub has a true gift for storytelling, unique plot developments and cliffhanger chapters. Usually I know "whodunit" by the first chapter of most books...however, I literally was guessing until the climactic page ...more
Tonya
The quote on the cover says, "If you like Mary Higgins Clark, you'll love Wendy Corsi Staub."
-Lisa Jackson

Well, I do love Mary Higgins Clark, especially her earlier novels! I "cut my 'reading' teeth" on her, so to speak. Through the years, I continued to read MHC's books, but my reading taste evolved a bit, partly because after years of MHC, she seemed to become more and more predictable. So, after seeing that quote, I was a little skeptical of this book... I am so glad I continued on anyway!!

I
Lil Black Riding Hood
Really good book, I liked how it was written, the twist and the ending, a lot.
It gave the right quantity of suspense I was expecting.
Nicole Smith
This one kept me turning pages - and kept me thinking about it when I wasn't reading.

I appreciated the conversation about what really matters in life. It made me think about other conversations around setting priorities and building patterns now that will allow me to have balance in my life/ with my family.

Shannon
Wow!!!! Literally just finished the book. So did not see the ending happening the way it did. Found a new favorite author that is for sure. Love hen I am freaked out and can not guess the ending.

Thought for sure that Rachel was going to have survived, also was so creaped out by h step brother
Natasha
Omg!!!!! This book was AWESOME!!!! It had me on the edge of my seat wanting more! The ending was great, the storyline was beyond phenomenonal and the overall book was spectacular! I'm working on my book club listing which will feature more books by Wendi! Awesome book!
Kate Larkin
Another masterpiece from Staub; me being a sorority girl myself, I completely relate to solemn paths (none of mine have to do with homicide of course) but I understood the aspects she discussed. My only criticism (and it may have been my Nook's fault) was the separation of points-of-view. It was a little sloppy; one minute it was Cassie and literally the very next sentence was Fee. Like I said, it might be technology's fault, I'm just putting it out there. Her descriptive characters are one of t ...more
Liz
It was a great plot, but just seemed to drag on a little at the end.
Kris - My Novelesque Life
3.5 STARS

"Don't Tell A Soul. . . In a remote, heavily wooded area near the Berkshires of Massachusetts, Rachel Lorant died on her birthday. But she didn't die alone. That night, her four sorority sisters make a solemn, trembling pledge. They will never reveal what has just happened in those woods--ever. Instead, they will take their terrible secret to their graves. . .

Don't Think About The Past. . .

Now, ten years later, their secret is coming back to haunt them as each receives a card in the mai
Suzanne
Louise
Staub gets better and better with each book. This one kept me on the edge of my seat and guessing right to the end. Wow! What a read.

From back cover:

"Don't tell a soul...In a remote, heavily wooded area near the Berkshires of Massachusetts, Rachel Lorant died on her birthday. But she didn't die alone. That night, her four sorority sisters make a solemn, trembling pledge. They will never reveal what has just happened in those woods - ever. Instead, they will take their terrible secret to their gr
Barbara McGrath

What can I say.
This was one of Wendy's great mystery suspense stories.
I can't think of any thing she has written that haven't just love.
There's just enough romance that doesn't make the story all sappy.
The mystery and suspense plots are written as though these things could and did happen.
Her conclusions are great cliff_hangers.
Read just one of her novels and you will be hooked.
You will be anxious to start another.
Suzanne
Apr 19, 2011 Suzanne rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ones who enjoy mystery/thrillers
I was gonna give this book 4 stars until I remembered that it was VERY SLOW in the beginning.

5 sorority sisters go to to celebrate one of their birthdays. Rachel gets very drunk and falls down a mountain to her death. The rest of the sisters leave her there and don't report it to the police. A few days later, Rachel is considered missing. Where did her body go????????

Fast forward 10 years. It's her thirtieth birthday and the rest of the sisters as well. Someone is killing them all on their birt
kozettekaysmith
Surprising Thriller....

From reading the beginning I thought a little slow but the story and the character's kept me interested. There were good and bad with this story line. I thought I knew the killer but I was really surprised to finally know who it was. I enjoy this Author and look forward to reading more.
kksmith
Alyson
Nov 18, 2008 Alyson rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Gretchen
Recommended to Alyson by: Brett
excellent!
this is a book about four sorority sisters who all shared a secret about another sister's death ten years earlier. one-by-one the women are killed on their thirtieth birthdays. which means someone knows their secret from the past and is out for revenge.
during my reading i kept coming up with suspects who all turned out to be innocent. (some detective i would be!) it had a twist ending, as murder mysteries usually do, and i was shocked at who dunnit!!
i was given this book a while back a
Donna Shaw
Loved this book. Five sorority girls partying in the woods, but only four return. Ten years later and terror strikes the 4 sorority sisters on each of their birthdays. I thought I had It figured out, but as it turns out, I was partlally right, but blindsided where it counts.
Crystal
I'm a huge fan of Corsi Staub, and this is my favorite novel by her to date. The character development was fantastic and the plot was well thought out. I felt emotionally invested in the story, and I still do long after finishing the novel.
Patricia
This book reminded me of Pretty Little Liars, except the Liars were adults and we found A much faster! Of the two twists at the end, one you see coming a mile away, but it's still a good ending.
Kristen
It's been two years, since I last read a WCS novel. And they keep getting better. This one is set in Massachusetts, when four sorority sisters, ten years ago, watched their friend die and didn't do anything to save her. Ten years later, a targeted killer is after them to kill them on their birthday, one week at a time. Brynn, a stay at home mom who's wary of her husband who has a secret, Matilda, a famous socialite having an affair, Fiona, a single working mom and a crazed ex-husband, and Cassie ...more
Ashley
Actual Rating: 2 1/2 stars.
I just didn't care about any of the characters. They were all unlikeable and there was no twist... saw it coming a mile away. :/
Barbi
wow, the story took forever to build and get moving. I almost stopped reading it. then it picked up speed and I stayed up til 2am to finish.
Linn Haugen
Didnt know who the killer was until the last chapter.
That does not happen often.
Thats why the 5 stars. And i greaty enjoyed the book
Shannon
This was a good book. It seemed a little long at times, not because of any defect in the author's writing, but I hesitated picking it back up, knowing that it would feel rather dark and depressing until everything resolved itself in the end. Typical for a novel about a serial killer. But I always got sucked right back in. The writing was solid, and the characters were fleshed out. You not only got into the head of the main character Brynn, but other characters (including the killer) as well.
One
Shannon Hemminger
Good whodunit?? with twists and turns. I thought I had figured it out and then was thrown for a loop! Fun summer read.
Jagehm
One of those murder mysteries that you never figure out who the villain is until the very end. Excellent!!
Lise
Good! Several twists - a few I guessed early, but most I didn't see coming until the end.
  • Most Likely to Die
  • Breakneck (Kitt Lundgren, #2)
  • Left for Dead
  • Killing Her Softly (Griffin Powell, #5)
  • The Screaming Room
  • Mad River Road
  • Twisted
  • Black for Remembrance
Here's my Facebook Author Page: https://www.facebook.com/corsistaub

Follow me on Twitter! https://twitter.com/WendyCorsiStaub

New York Times bestseller Wendy Corsi Staub is the award-winning author of more than seventy-five published novels and has sold more than four million books worldwide. Under her own name, Wendy achieved New York Times bestselling status with her single title psychological sus
More about Wendy Corsi Staub...
Awakening (Lily Dale, #1) All the Way Home Kiss Her Goodbye Live to Tell (Live to Tell #1) Believing (Lily Dale, #2)