Start by marking “Beach Party (Point Horror, #8)” as Want to Read:
Beach Party (Point Horror, #8)

Beach Party (Point Horror)

3.68  ·  Rating Details ·  1,760 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews
It's the ultimate beach party in California. And Karen, who's just broken up with her boyfriend, is going to enjoy every minute of it--especially having two new guys who like her. But the party takes a nasty turn when Karen realizes someone is out to spoil the fun by getting rid of her.
Mass Market Paperback, 176 pages
Published March 1st 1995 by Scholastic, Inc (first published January 1st 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Beach Party, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beach Party

Sati Marie Frost
I remembered the main plot points of this book quite well, despite the fact that I probably hadn't read it in fifteen years, but I couldn't remember if I actually liked it or not. Happily, it turns out that I did.

Karen (California girl) and her friend Ann-Marie (visiting from New York, where she's been living for a few years) are spending the summer at Venice Beach, and are planning to party nonstop. Karen's recently broken up with her boyfriend, so she's thrilled when she meets two new guys: sw
Kris Lugosi
May 28, 2014 Kris Lugosi rated it really liked it
Jesus, I read this when I was like 8, and I do not remember there being so much eluding to sex in it! No wonder I humped every surface of house growing up...

Stine loves his cliff hangers! Super apparent in BEACH PARTY where damn near every chapter ends with one.

Two friends vacation at the father's house of one of the teen girls. The dad is
Rebecca McNutt
Beach Party is filled with choppy sentences and generic characters, but it's definitely one of Stine's better books, a suspenseful and eerie mystery filled with all the nostalgia of the late 20th century.
Matt Garcia
Jun 30, 2016 Matt Garcia rated it it was amazing
R.L. Stine is one of my favorite writers of all time. I grew up reading his books and he is probably the main reason why I love horror literature so much. Reading this was very nostalgic. I don't really read young adult or teen fiction other than the horror stuff which I love so this was a treat to go back and revisit the stuff that I grew up on. This was intended for teens but I think as an adult it still has an appeal to it based off of the content in it which is not all innocent and cutesy. T ...more
Connie
Mar 02, 2014 Connie rated it really liked it
Source: I own this book.
Cost: Unknown

Title: Beach Party
Series: Point Horror #8
Author: RL Stine
Overall Rating: 4 stars

I remember this being the first Stine book that I read that wasn't a Goosebumps book and I was shocked at the stark differences. Firstly, the characters actually have personalities that are unique to them! The storyline of this book was a rollercoaster that followed a very who-dun-it type of trope. You thought it was Renee that was being horrible to Karen, you suspected
Mandy Sickle
Nov 25, 2012 Mandy Sickle rated it really liked it
Karen has the perfect summer vacation planned for her friend Ann Marie who she hasn’t seen in a year starting with a beach apartment. Everything isn’t going as planned when the girls find themselves confronted by a gang of boys on the beach. Thankfully two boys come to their rescue, and the girls end up heading to a pizza place with them. Karen finds herself falling for Jerry while she knows she shouldn’t because he has a girlfriend but she doesn’t stop either. As Karen finds herself spending mo ...more
StephanieNicole

This is a fun summer horror story from R. L. Stine. He kept me guessing who the killer might be. I love all the 90s references: I miss leaving notes on the fridges instead of texting, but my retinas sure don't miss the Day-Glo everything.

The ending was a bit too ridiculous(view spoiler)
Paul Kim
Jun 03, 2015 Paul Kim rated it liked it
Shelves: r-l-stine
Actual page number: 166 pages

Overall a meh book.

Not enough scares or actions to spook the protagonist with mostly thin foreshadowing.

The scares provided are mostly less sensational or derivative from other ya horror books although there's one prank I do find disturbing, memorable, and somewhat original.

Predictable villain as well.

Despite so, there's still some suspense as the main character faces prank and the book isn't too long with its short amount of pages and simplistic proses.

I do find th
Bg
Aug 10, 2008 Bg rated it liked it
Shelves: favorites
Being that I've read this several times,And enjoyed it, this time around it was a little bland, but still a fun Summer Read. I question the main character, Karen's maturity level she went back and forth between guyses if it was some kind of pros and cons game and I wasn't as scary as it was the first couple of times. But since its been so long since I read it. It definitely lost some of its R.L, Stine magic but for those who haven't read it yet, it's a really good, really quick, and noncommittal ...more
Glynnis
Jan 12, 2011 Glynnis rated it liked it
Sam and I just finished reading this the other day and loved it. R.L. Stine rivals Christopher Pike when it comes to vapid, bitchy heroines and even bests him when it comes to cliffhangers at the end of chapters. If you're up for a little fun in the sun and a perspective on the teenage, female mind that is actually quite hilarious - check it out!
Justin MacCormack
Jun 03, 2015 Justin MacCormack rated it it was amazing
This book has everything.

It had a beach.

It had a party.

It even had a midget wearing day-glo green, charging people money to rub his bald head for luck.

Surely, this is the greatest work of fiction in the history of humanity. If you have a copy of the complete works of Shapespeare, throw it out. You have this now. It has everything. Including green midgets.
Shyanne Foster
Aug 22, 2014 Shyanne Foster rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
Ik that this is like a book for 10 yr olds but I had it on my shelf an felt like I should read it...so I did and I kind of expected it to be scary ....I am absolutely not giving any spoilers but I thought it was gonna be ALOT more creepy
Allison
This Was a very intresting book, honesly different then some of the other books, of R.L. Stine boooks Iv'e read. Surpriselny, only one cahracter in the book was murdered. and the end was all differnt then all of the other books, also.
Fiasco
May 19, 2013 Fiasco rated it it was ok
I usually read these in a night at most, this one was not a page turner. Took me over a week, but otherwise it wasn't too bad. I missed teenage fiction that wasn't about tortured, sexually frustrated wimps.
Jennifer Love
A 98% chance I read this one in high school... But what can I say? A book doesn't make it into the library without a 100%. Not the most interesting from Stine, but not terrible. It's a little cheesy, a little dated, and a tad predictable, but overall it is compelling nonetheless.
Andrew Daniel
Mar 19, 2014 Andrew Daniel rated it really liked it
I fought this wis a gud book. Tad was so hot I really didnt wnt him 2 die but ahm sorry ahm gonna gie the end awa, he died at the beech partey. Wud rate it higher if poss.
Jaime
Apr 13, 2012 Jaime rated it really liked it
I was a huge R.L. Stine fan in my early teens! I loved all the fear street books! They are what got me into reading again! :)
Trisha
Apr 10, 2016 Trisha rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book , it kept me very intrigued through out . Best book from this collection i have read so far.
Robyn Drummond
Dec 29, 2011 Robyn Drummond rated it liked it
It was very good. I didn't really connect with the main character though which is a shame but it is persona preference. Still a good story though.
Ali Hassan
Apr 04, 2015 Ali Hassan rated it liked it
Awesome book. If you will read this book in summer than it will be fun to read and you will feel that you yourself are enjoying Beach Party and a twisted series of happenings.
Sahar
Apr 16, 2011 Sahar rated it did not like it
I DID NOT LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!.........plzz if u like the cover and the back page dont go for it !!!!...it is not gud!!
Chantal Guerrero
Chantal Guerrero rated it it was amazing
Nov 30, 2014
Aleisha McBride
Aleisha McBride rated it liked it
Nov 24, 2013
Karen
Karen rated it it was amazing
Nov 05, 2014
Gavin
Gavin rated it it was ok
Jun 16, 2014
Sara Kinney
Sara Kinney rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2016
KiwiGirl
KiwiGirl rated it really liked it
Oct 04, 2011
☣Lynn☣
☣Lynn☣ rated it it was ok
Jun 21, 2014
Randi Schneider
Randi Schneider rated it it was amazing
Apr 07, 2013
Miranda
Miranda rated it really liked it
May 15, 2016
  • Funhouse (Point Horror, #9)
  • Teacher's Pet (Point Horror, #10)
  • My Secret Admirer (Point Horror, #4)
  • Prom Dress
  • Mother's Helper (Point Horror, #14)
  • The Phantom
  • The Perfume
  • Amnesia
  • Last Act

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...

Point Horror (1 - 10 of 42 books)
  • Blind Date (Point Horror, #1)
  • Twisted (Point Horror, #2)
  • The Lifeguard (Point Horror, #3)
  • My Secret Admirer (Point Horror, #4)
  • The Baby-Sitter (The Baby-Sitter, #1; Point Horror, #5)
  • Trick or Treat (Point Horror, #6)
  • Party Line
  • Prom Dress
  • April Fools (Point Horror, #7)
  • Funhouse (Point Horror, #9)