Beach Party (Point Horror, #8)

Beach Party (Point Horror)

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  1,193 ratings  ·  24 reviews
It's the ultimate beach party in California. And Karen, who's just broken up with her boyfriend, is going to enjoy every minute of it--especially having two new guys who like her. But the party takes a nasty turn when Karen realizes someone is out to spoil the fun by getting rid of her.
Published August 1st 1990 by Scholastic (first published January 1st 1990)

Remember Me by Christopher PikeProm Dress by Lael LittkeTrick or Treat by Richie Tankersley CusickBury Me Deep by Christopher PikeApril Fools by Richie Tankersley Cusick
1980's- early 90's Young Adult Fiction
38th out of 126 books — 64 voters
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. RowlingThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsEcho by J.K. AccinniArmageddon Cometh by J.K. AccinniBaby by J.K. Accinni
Books You Can't Pass Up
227th out of 589 books — 561 voters

More lists with this book...

Kris Lugosi
Jesus, I read this when I was like 8, and I do not remember there being so much eluding to sex in it! No wonder I humped every surface of house growing up...

Stine loves his cliff hangers! Super apparent in BEACH PARTY where damn near every chapter ends with one.

Two friends vacation at the father's house of one of the teen girls. The dad is...more
Sati Marie Frost
I remembered the main plot points of this book quite well, despite the fact that I probably hadn't read it in fifteen years, but I couldn't remember if I actually liked it or not. Happily, it turns out that I did.

Karen (California girl) and her friend Ann-Marie (visiting from New York, where she's been living for a few years) are spending the summer at Venice Beach, and are planning to party nonstop. Karen's recently broken up with her boyfriend, so she's thrilled when she meets two new guys: sw...more
Mandy Sickle
Karen has the perfect summer vacation planned for her friend Ann Marie who she hasn’t seen in a year starting with a beach apartment. Everything isn’t going as planned when the girls find themselves confronted by a gang of boys on the beach. Thankfully two boys come to their rescue, and the girls end up heading to a pizza place with them. Karen finds herself falling for Jerry while she knows she shouldn’t because he has a girlfriend but she doesn’t stop either. As Karen finds herself spending mo...more
Andrew Daniel
I fought this wis a gud book. Tad was so hot I really didnt wnt him 2 die but ahm sorry ahm gonna gie the end awa, he died at the beech partey. Wud rate it higher if poss.
Bg
Being that I've read this several times,And enjoyed it, this time around it was a little bland, but still a fun Summer Read. I question the main character, Karen's maturity level she went back and forth between guyses if it was some kind of pros and cons game and I wasn't as scary as it was the first couple of times. But since its been so long since I read it. It definitely lost some of its R.L, Stine magic but for those who haven't read it yet, it's a really good, really quick, and noncommittal...more
Glynnis
Sam and I just finished reading this the other day and loved it. R.L. Stine rivals Christopher Pike when it comes to vapid, bitchy heroines and even bests him when it comes to cliffhangers at the end of chapters. If you're up for a little fun in the sun and a perspective on the teenage, female mind that is actually quite hilarious - check it out!
Jennifer McGee
A 98% chance I read this one in high school... But what can I say? A book doesn't make it into the library without a 100%. Not the most interesting from Stine, but not terrible. It's a little cheesy, a little dated, and a tad predictable, but overall it is compelling nonetheless.
Allison
This Was a very intresting book, honesly different then some of the other books, of R.L. Stine boooks Iv'e read. Surpriselny, only one cahracter in the book was murdered. and the end was all differnt then all of the other books, also.
Fiasco
I usually read these in a night at most, this one was not a page turner. Took me over a week, but otherwise it wasn't too bad. I missed teenage fiction that wasn't about tortured, sexually frustrated wimps.
Robyn Drummond
It was very good. I didn't really connect with the main character though which is a shame but it is persona preference. Still a good story though.
Jaime
I was a huge R.L. Stine fan in my early teens! I loved all the fear street books! They are what got me into reading again! :)
Sahar
I DID NOT LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!.........plzz if u like the cover and the back page dont go for it !!!!...it is not gud!!
Ann Jacob
It was exciting. The ending was very different and nice. Liked the book very much.
Elysee!
Jan 23, 2009 Elysee! rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: any teen
This is my like face book ever! Thanks Nicole and Mr. T. for giving it to me!
Cupof Tea
"vengeful" was my best one word description of this book in junior high.
David Owen
Enjoyable nonsense I'd actually forgotten I read it til I saw the cover.
Autumn Cook
This book was okay. But at no point was it scary, it was just weird!
FrankiesloverXD
May 19, 2011 FrankiesloverXD is currently reading it
Shelves: rl-stine
well i just started reading it today but so far its really good
Caitlin
Beach Party (Point Horror Series) by R. L. Stine (1996)
Michelle
One of my childhood favorites.
Kristina
Read by the pool, a fun and easy read!
Tammy
first book i ever read :D
Brittany
Great book full of suspense.
Angelika Brzozowska
Quite an intenss book
Shell
Enjoyed it at the time
Cipryan
Cipryan marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
  • The Invitation (Point Horror, #20)
  • April Fools (Point Horror, #7)
  • My Secret Admirer (Point Horror, #4)
  • Mother's Helper (Point Horror, #14)
  • Prom Dress
  • The Perfume
  • Bury Me Deep
  • The Waitress

R. L. Stine b...more
More about R.L. Stine...
Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1) Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7) Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4) The Haunted Mask (Goosebumps, #11) One Day at Horrorland (Goosebumps, #16)